• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Warlock?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Will there be a male variant to the Sorceress? I said Warlock in the title, I feel like it'd be so sick to be this decrepit old guy with an awakened scythe! Grim Reaper, yo. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Posted

It is interesting that a game of this magnitude would be gender locked

The DEVs have given a little insight to your question by giving both male and female options to classes on the korean servers though not exactly the same

1 person likes this

Posted

It would be awesome if the male version warlock or Reaper is later introduce.

Posted

I like how most gender counterparts are unique. Warrior/Valkyrie Blader/Plum Ninja/Kunoichi

For the Male sorc, he should also be unique. Since it is a ranged magic wielding class, maybe give him a couple magic pistols and he can be a gunslinger.

Posted

I like how most gender counterparts are unique. Warrior/Valkyrie Blader/Plum Ninja/Kunoichi

For the Male sorc, he should also be unique. Since it is a ranged magic wielding class, maybe give him a couple magic pistols and he can be a gunslinger.

I feel like the technology in Black Desert isn't quite there yet. Maybe make him more grim reaper like? I'd honestly settle for a male clone at this point.

Posted

Warlock would be a cool ign

Posted

4754891-has-ethan-hawk-been-cast-as-doctor-strange.png

4754891-has-ethan-hawk-been-cast-as-doctor-strange.jpg

Posted

giphy.gif

Posted

It seems logical that they would do that as the male version...

Posted

Hope not.

Posted

Since it is a ranged magic wielding class

Have you played Sorceress?  O.o  Like it's half ranged, half melee.

Posted

I really, REALLY hope they'll make a male sorcerer. And not an old geezer like the wizard...

1 person likes this

Posted

I feel like these images perfectly capture how i want the male sorc to look

13a37bee54bb018896ee0df697a0a849.jpg

b912ad6804de93fb9482989b258f1360.jpg

1a63827fffa1b06ce974e07819d96bcb.jpg

deaefe50ba1f3df93820ec34fb824b06.jpg

e18401209ed176fb889837243b75abe0.jpg

Posted

Hidden Content

Agreed!  Great examples.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hidden Content

Yes, those images also capture how I envision the male sorcerer. Gender lock is so damn stupid...

Posted

Yes, those images also capture how I envision the male sorcerer. Gender lock is so damn stupid...

Gender lock isn't stupid, Actually it's a great thing because people like you and others will hope for a counter-part or a male class to come out. If a counter-part comes out people will freak out before it comes out and come back to grind gear and what not then buy shit ton of costumes for him/her counter-part of your favorite class.

Posted

Gender lock isn't stupid, Actually it's a great thing because people like you and others will hope for a counter-part or a male class to come out. If a counter-part comes out people will freak out before it comes out and come back to grind gear and what not then buy shit ton of costumes for him/her counter-part of your favorite class.

+1 so true

Posted (edited)

OK, it makes sense for a business to make buyers long for a male counterpart. "Stupid" wasn't appropriate. But still, in the meantime, it sucks for us players who just want to be able to role play as a sorcerer with a toon that doesn't have boobs. (And this is not sexist; I just don't feel as immersed if I can't imagine myself as the toon.) Magic male characters, in most mmorpg's, are sorely lacking. And right now, the only option for a magic male character in BDO is an old geezer.

So yeah, you're right: not stupid. But I still hate that genderlock thing from the bottom of my heart.

Edited by Lethanael

Posted

OK, it makes sense for a business to make buyers long for a male counterpart. "Stupid" wasn't appropriate. But still, in the meantime, it sucks for us players who just want to be able to role play as a sorcerer with a toon that doesn't have boobs. (And this is not sexist; I just don't feel as immersed if I can't imagine myself as the toon.) Magic male characters, in most mmorpg's, are sorely lacking. And right now, the only option for a magic male character in BDO is an old geezer.

So yeah, you're right: not stupid. But I still hate that genderlock thing from the bottom of my heart.

I understand your point, most US/EU love to have balance sex classes. But this is a korean mmo and I don't expect much from gender lock classes. If I like a class i'll play it that's my mindset, and I've come across so many players who just won't play a male class or a female class because they think the opposite would be better or there's too many of the same sex male or female. I generally get confused but hey play what you like, that's what I go by.

Posted

Could go for a male sorcerer. My only male character is usually more on the necrotic side.

Posted

Could go for a male sorcerer. My only male character is usually more on the necrotic side.

I just want a male mage that isn't old and dusty :I

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

BDO makes a warlock and I don't care about pop in graphics ill play the s<<t outa this game ....but it would be awesome if the devs fixed the pop in graphics ...I get there are no load times for zones but maybe there should be if that means npc textures and other random things don't pop in and out all the time just think of the potential ... just look at Blade and soul load times like a mother....but all the textures are there all npc are there no weird crap .... its not like I'm running a single 780 gtx here ima sli 1080ti mofo so ya its the game....

Edited by HaXim