• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What is the opinion of guilds with multiple pet guilds on Edan? (ThePRX, XRP, PRX3, Support, SupportGaming, TIGaming, TLgaming)

53 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm curious to know how the population views the idea of having numerous side guilds. I mean, is the practice of having several guilds frowned upon as it deviates from the core game mechanic of a single 100 man force? I'm of the opinion that being a part of a group/community with extra guilds is a clutch. Sure, the argument could be made that "quantity has a quality all its own" but this isn't WWII and we're playing a competitive game.

In terms of being competitive and skilled I give much more respect to the guilds that only have one single entity and focus on building upon their individual skill levels. Further, the game even punishes people with extra guilds attempting to circumvent the 100 member count limit in that it forces them to be "red" to each other in meaningful PVP (Castle Sieges). 

Edited by Knowledge

Posted

They are zerg guilds and a bane to any pvp game where throwing numbers at something will obviously eventually succeed. Not a fan of them at all. Like you said though there are some locks in palce to stop this kind of gameplay in BDO.

1 person likes this

Posted

Single 100 man force..  LOL.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Ixso

Posted

Single 100 man force..  LOL.

I don't get it what's so funny? 

Single 100 man force. Or multiple 100 man forces. 

Posted

Really the only issue is that you cant really combine and switch between guilds if you have multiple guild divisions without a loss to contribution.  I've been in and ran guilds of up to 300 people before and it becomes crazy, it might really even be better for the large guilds that guild size is capped at 100 just from a member management standpoint.  Will be interesting to see how it pans out in node wars

Posted

My opinion:

Large Multi-Guilds will be really powerful starting off, but will get bored real quick when their owning everything, and not many if any other guilds provide competition because, the zerg-down they will be able to do. And with that many people, there will definitely be cliques that form, lots of in-fighting/drama and evently due to boredom and what was mentioned before, they will fall apart.

But until that time, they will reign above those single guilds for a while.

Posted

Its a unfair advantage that has developed throughout mmo history. I hate it, but thats life.

Posted (edited)

PRX is a pretty large gaming community and when BDO was announced there was quite a bit that signed up to play. Having a 100 person guild cap just forced us to create more guilds, ThePRX, XRP, and PRX3. Personally, I would like to see us all under one banner. Except for those PRX3 guys... filthy casuals.

Oh and don't be jelly we have more people to play with, that's just childish. 

Brave words. I've heard them before, from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created. But, now they are all PRX.

the-borg.jpg

I have spoken to PRX members and they've said that when you came to the game you had less than 100 people from your community.

A good majority of the people in XRP and even ThePRX have expressed that they are new to the community entirely. That and your public applications forum shows you continually taking people into the zergherd. 

Arguing that you had no choice but to open up more guilds to accommodate your large member base is clearly false. It's very apparent that you seek to continue to fill up your multiple guilds in reliance on numerical supremacy. At this moment there's over 20 applications on your public forum and many have been "approved".

Edited by Knowledge
2 people like this

Posted

PRX is a pretty large gaming community and when BDO was announced there was quite a bit that signed up to play. Having a 100 person guild cap just forced us to create more guilds, ThePRX, XRP, and PRX3. Personally, I would like to see us all under one banner. Except for those PRX3 guys... filthy casuals.

Sugar coat a turd anyway you like, it's still a turd. That being said I do LOVE massive scale PvP in games, just when the game isn't built around it an imbalance is created. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Ixso

Posted

They might be able to hold grind spots but with the new Korea update to node wars only 1 guild vs 1 guild is all they can have not 1v5 guilds to zerg down smaller guilds. so it's not really an issue now IMHO 

Posted

Before the game launched we had over 100 people signed up to play it, granted some of those were new applicants. The vast majority however, came from PRX veterans.

To this day neither thePRX or XRP are at max capacity, hence the continual recruitment. As with any large guild there is always an ebb and flow of current players.

The most I've seen us pull for GvG at any given time was around 60 players (just PRX / XRP). One of the reasons we have such great numbers is because we want to have a healthy force at all times and people to play with. I dunno why you want to hate on that, you are free to do the same.

You can spin it any way you'd like but it's a zerg force that is continually building up secondary and tertiary guilds. Further, it's a part of a massive coalition that consists of no less than seven guilds at minimum. ThePRX, XRP, PRX3, TIGaming, TLGaming, Support, SupportGaming, and maybe HOSTILE.

That is an incredible amount of people that are relying on pouring numbers at an objective. I'd be willing to bet that none of these aforementioned guilds even require any duel-in or vetting to join them likely just a gear score to amplify the herd based on what can be seen on the public applications forum you just need a pulse and some gear.

Finally, lets not kid our selves PRX has a tendency to rely on numbers as they drastically inflated their numbers in ArcheAge and other titles. 

Posted

It's whatever, if your guild is large you'll do what you have to to get everybody in, it's still your guild. Imo support doesn't really even have enough to fill 2 guilds they just did it to have the groundwork laid out but it kinda fizzled out. 

PRX I haven't really encountered or had any direct beef with yet. 

TL has had to war us with both their guilds, which is fine I mean if we wanted to we could also fill 2 zergs, so I can't complain over something I'm also able to do. 

IMO having everything stay in guild is better than seeing pathetic stunts like this High School shit in Edan right now were you're literally told "omg leave our table (channel) ur not part of the kool kids (alliance) we will call you names and stuff (war with the alliance) if you dont leave!!!) 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Ixso

Posted

PRX doesn't require a duel to get into the guild. Of course we do have guild duel nights to better ourselves and there are always ongoing discussions / theorycrafting. We just expect members to do their job and do it well and not be a ----- to other players to make the game enjoyable for all. GS / level requirements are always adjusted as the game progresses.

I enjoy playing with PRX and I enjoy GvG'ing against some of the best guilds Edan has to offer.

Yeah that shit sucks. PRX will ask you nicely to leave a grinding spot if they are there, but never the channel and shit talking is frowned upon, because you know, we might need future zerglings players to fill the ranks.

In the future attempt to GvG guilds with only ThePRX. People will respect you more if you don't utilize hundreds of people in an effort to defeat a single guild that has higher standards to join. (Not just gear and a pulse). 

1 person likes this

Posted

who ever say PvP was fair ? 

Posted

I enjoy playing with PRX and I enjoy GvG'ing against some of the best guilds Edan has to offer.

I've seen what PRX has called "GvG'ing". It entails PRX coming to a channel fighting for >10 minutes and then leaving... OR continuing to fight and when they feel they are losing, call in more guilds. I can't count the times I've spectated your "GvGs" and how many times XRP/Support/TIGaming get called in when you're in a losing battle. 

You can't say you GvG against some of the best guilds Edan has to offer when all you do is start a war and then run. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Doesn't phase me at all. This is an open world game and those guild's align together which is great. Not sure many would consider them elite players, but they are real threats which is why some people seem salty lol..

Fighting zergs outnumber 5:1 is one of the few fun things to do until sieges. 

Posted

I'm curious to know how the population views the idea of having numerous side guilds. I mean, is the practice of having several guilds frowned upon as it deviates from the core game mechanic of a single 100 man force?

Core game mechanic is OPEN. It means players have free hand in terms of strategy solutions.

Posted (edited)

Support gaming is barely 10 active people, XRP is like 15 maybe and T1 with all their guilds combined doesn't have 100 people anymore. I mean your probably some subpar shitter from gatekeepers which is basically a mangobay alt guild now and your opinion means nothing. I'd be salty too if my guild was expected to be something, but literally no one cares about it. 

Well regardless of whichever guild you are in. We don't ever call in allies to fight our fights in support unless its maybe mangobay. Gravity hasn't bothered us recently and we can beat gatekeepers or any other guild for that matter even numbers until they are forced to run around in the middle of the night and gank to get a positive score to feel good about themselves. Lets be honest though none of that matters though with the siege changes. Keep crying about numbers though. 

Edited by Greggy
3 people like this

Posted

Support gaming is barely 10 active people, XRP is like 15 maybe and T1 with all their guilds combined doesn't have 100 people anymore. I mean your probably some subpar shitter from gatekeepers which is basically a mangobay alt guild now and your opinion means nothing. I'd be salty too if my guild was expected to be something, but literally no one cares about it. 

Well regardless of whichever guild you are in. We don't ever call in allies to fight our fights in support unless its maybe mangobay. Gravity hasn't bothered us recently and we can beat gatekeepers or any other guild for that matter even numbers until they are forced to run around in the middle of the night and gank to get a positive score to feel good about themselves. Lets be honest though none of that matters though with the siege changes. Keep crying about numbers though. 

I can see you've started to turn on the damage control.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can see you've started to turn on the damage control.

No I just like to shit post and be toxic, but nice call out. In long run this thread and your opinion mean nothing and aren't going to change anything :^)

Posted (edited)

Edited by Ixso

Posted

Lets be honest though secondary guilds serve a lot more purposes than just zerging. When you are limited to 100 people in a guild, but want to stay competitive without ruining your community a secondary guild can be used to keep more casual players a part of the community without making them feeling left out. It can also be used as a screen for recruiting like tt6 used in archeage. By no means did tt6 zerg but they used a secondary guild to screen players before allowing them into the main guild they needed to prove themselves.

You're just clearly short sighted and salty because you've likely lost to the guilds you singled out in this post and want to hurt them now.

2 people like this