• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is it worth to start?

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello there community. I want to try out the Black Desert (bought alredy the game) but before i will sink into it and invest lot oh my lifetime hours i want to know few things. I stopped playing other mmos because of:

- pay2win, or so called pay2progress by white knights - Blade and Soul, TERA Online

- rng boxes with costumes - legit items desired by the community hidden behind the paywall - games as above

- not good 1v1 pvp i mean very unbalanced or just boring - Final Fantasy 14

- lack of communication with game devs - as lot of experience mmo players know - the lack of communcation with the players results in losing interest of players and games dies in result. By the good communcation I mean fast replies on tickets, good informations about upcoming patches and answering the question about game issues - cuz every mmo have their own issues

- infestation of bots and gold sellers - this thing i can bear but it has to be far less than in Blade and Soul

- server lags - is that a real issue here that can ruin my experience?

i guess thats all. I will be thankfull for answers.

Posted

1: Its not really P2W, but stuff that will make your life easier.

2: If you want to look "NICE" you will have to buy costumes

3: Thats too narrow minded. As in every other MMO pvp is not balanced, and it will never be. Each class have their owen strenght and weaknesses. For instance Sorceress is very good 1 vs 1 but bad in big Battles. 

4; They  lack communication, but they do read and listen.

5: Gold sellers is not a problem anymore. There are som bots and hacks, as you will find in every single mmorpg

6: Server lag is not a huge problem, but some days are worse than others.

If you are looking for a prefectly balanced game with no bots, no hacks, no gold sellers and no issues in general, you can give up on mmorpg games. It will never happen. If you focus on all the things that are good, you will have a wonderful time in BDO

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks for reply. I just don`t want to get in hands of greedy company that doesnt listen the sound of community. 

Posted

No, the p2w is mostly people allowing it to be, ill be bashed as a white night for saying it, plebs in ghillies....

You could potentially p2w horses, if you want to spend 30 days of afking to earn the same amount you earned in 2-3 days of actually playing go for it

the items in the shop give you a convenience, they do not directly translate into an advantage( again ghillie lovers and haters will disagree, yay plebs)

IMO the biggest p2w aspect is boss scrolls you get from loyality points each day and no other way.

pets are a quality of life thing.

pvp is fun, 1v1 is more controllable (imo) group pvp can be a bit odd when you have soldiers or valks tanking 16 people for example, but it has its reason. Needs balancing but so does every game.

communications is fairly ok, the devs and gms seem to speak to the players more than other games, myself coming from wow i find the information at a higher rate than blizzard, difference is that little stuff is datamined like other games, there arent hundreds of people datamining and revealing stuff. So actuall dev communication seems fairly high. It wont ever be ff14, but no game will ever be on that term.

goldsellers.. Not seen their spam for 2 weeks now, 99% of them are likely scammers as well, money trading ingame is such a hassle you likely quit, and getting silver is very easy on its own, it does however require dedication and playing the game, and you can get silver in many ways. People claim theres a bazzilion hackers and cheaters, ive so far met and reported one possible, they exist, but they have a witchunt going for them, find one and get rewarded. 

Personally only had bad lag this last week, did not really ruin anything it was just odd. Overall it is very smooth.

im sure people will bash me as a derp derp white knight fanboi but most people dont play the game anymore. Its a fun game, you 

3 people like this

Posted

- P2W. You'll hear a lot of stuff regarding this. 2 items with true P2W exist, The horse trainer costume and the ghillie suite. but we do not have RNG boxes or any other way to directly buy gear for IRL money.... YET.

- I guess i answered the RNG box stuff earlier...... again. YET

- 1v1 PVP is amazing.... on paper. Server issues make things harder for melee. Ranged classes have a significant advantage regarding PVE and bosses. Rest of the class balance issues are matters of personal perspective. we wont know the true status of balance untill we catch up to the other countries IMO.

- Lack of communication. Yes there is. THe patch notes leave a lot to be desired. the staff tracker is bugged currently. The CMs do a LOT to answer our querries, but its not perfect unless we can stalk them with a tracker to see what and when they said stuff

- There are bots and hacks, to be expected in the first months. we are all waiting and seeing how daum handles these. No gold sellers though. Daum managed to kick em out. we had to sacrifice most P2P trading tho.

-server lags, ruin experiece. depends. NA has a LOT of issues it seems. EU has issues too, but less. Desync is a killer.

Honestly, if you're here for PVP, either wait a month or resign to just doing PVE and gearing up. No meaningful PVP yet in game

Posted

Thanks for reply. I just don`t want to get in hands of greedy company that doesnt listen the sound of community. 

then DO NOT play BDO. 

3 people like this

Posted

And you got it all from this game in 1 package instead of experience them 1 at a time in different game 

1. Pay2win = you pay for the game and winning the access of the game.

2. rng box = not exist "yet" in NA/EU version but we all know Korean version have it so there's a chance it will be here as well

3. Alot of debate over class and yes some class are more user friendly than others as well as some class is not optimal yet (game just official release not long ago)

4. Lack of communication with game dev: Looks fine - this one i have to hold out on it due to i work in a game company too so i fully understand how difficult to fix stuff and share information due to confidential information and stuff.... but ofcoz as a player i will appreciate the share abit progressing or not info of the frequent problem we got atm (hacking/bot/class/pvp vs pve etc)

5. gold seller is ...existed in this game but it will take a retarded to buy from them since you cannot trade in this game.. and not to mention make silver is way too easy in this game.

6. Server lag = currently there's some desyn around and they did annouce that they are working on it so cannot give you more info but over all i have no problem at all playing the game (didn't disconnect once and i almost have my game on atleast 20hours per day (ofcoz i m afk most part not playing 20hours lol)

and last best you get in the game try it out lol i meant you "bought" the game already and might as well come in see how it goes, you might fall in love with it or not it all depends on your own feel on it.

Posted (edited)

1. There is more pay for convenience. If you talk to some on these forums they will say some items are pay2win, being the ghillie (hides your name and guild unless someone uses a flare) There is no real advantage anyone can gain by buying a cash shop item, similar bonuses are obtainable or countered in game.

2. There are dye boxes which are the only real form of rng boxes. You can select a color spectrum or completely random but no such costume boxes.

3. Personally I dislike the pvp in the game. There is no skill involved, whoever has the higher level or the higher gear rating will almost always win. That plays into 1v1. Another issue is people calling their guild because they lost a fight they started.

4. We don't really have direct contact with the devs but the publishers and our caretakers which is Daum. They've done a reasonably decent job at keeping us in the know and treating the community right. That's up for debate by some but generally from what I've seen they are trying to do right by the community.

5. I've played since beta and have yet to see a bot although they have been on the rise and Daum have been actively seeking them out and banning them. This goes for "hackers" Gold sellers are still around although you have a chat filter and using it I haven't seen a gold seller message in almost 3 weeks.

6. Depending on the server/channel you're on will dictate your experience with server lag. The server and channel I play on I've only seen the server lagging once since launch. Other channels/Servers haven't been so lucky but they've been trying to address this and are sending a team to the US based servers currently to combat this, so this is either hit or miss for some and an ongoing issue that is in Daum's crosshairs.

A lot of the hate you'll see in this thread will inevitably be by people who either are not into MMO's anymore or people who will never be satisfied by anything except being given anything and everything free for the life of the game. Entitled people is what we call them.

Edited by Avengersoul

Posted

Then this game isnt for you.

1 person likes this

Posted

You bought the game? I wont tell you that you already did then.... oops I just did ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

- NOt p2w. Peral shop has 1 "dubious" costume (hiide name of player) and 1 bigger stat bonus (+20% trainer costume) +pets (pick up loot, small buffs)... and furniture (more energy recovery if your character is sleeping). Others are small buffs and not "Have to buy" items. No "game breaker" or weapon/armor in real money shop.

- "static" item buying system. No rng in costumes. Dye is rng "item".

- no PvP in 1st 44 level. You can play pvP first time in lvl 45. There is 0 character level/info marks. You don't know the level of enemy player and you have 0 information about armors, weapon and stats. Higher level players have accuracy advantage. Lower level players miss some hits (0 damage)

- not planable  contents and patches. Last minute or "after server goes live" partial patch notes.  But compensation "system" is good... If we have problems we get compensations. :)

- low gold seller "level". There is no real p2p trade or good marketplace money sending option. bots and players can't send money or items to others.  We have some bots and hackers and exploiters. This is "Hot" topic now.  GMs ask us to report  bots and they will ban them (?).  I didn't see hackers yet, but you can check youtube. There are some disgusting example. Cheater and hacker level is low... or world is big and I have too low level to see them (maybe there are in higher monster level area).  

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

No, the p2w is mostly people allowing it to be, ill be bashed as a white night for saying it, plebs in ghillies....

You could potentially p2w horses, if you want to spend 30 days of afking to earn the same amount you earned in 2-3 days of actually playing go for it

the items in the shop give you a convenience, they do not directly translate into an advantage( again ghillie lovers and haters will disagree, yay plebs)

IMO the biggest p2w aspect is boss scrolls you get from loyality points each day and no other way.

pets are a quality of life thing.

pvp is fun, 1v1 is more controllable (imo) group pvp can be a bit odd when you have soldiers or valks tanking 16 people for example, but it has its reason. Needs balancing but so does every game.

communications is fairly ok, the devs and gms seem to speak to the players more than other games, myself coming from wow i find the information at a higher rate than blizzard, difference is that little stuff is datamined like other games, there arent hundreds of people datamining and revealing stuff. So actuall dev communication seems fairly high. It wont ever be ff14, but no game will ever be on that term.

goldsellers.. Not seen their spam for 2 weeks now, 99% of them are likely scammers as well, money trading ingame is such a hassle you likely quit, and getting silver is very easy on its own, it does however require dedication and playing the game, and you can get silver in many ways. People claim theres a bazzilion hackers and cheaters, ive so far met and reported one possible, they exist, but they have a witchunt going for them, find one and get rewarded. 

Personally only had bad lag this last week, did not really ruin anything it was just odd. Overall it is very smooth.

im sure people will bash me as a derp derp white knight fanboi but most people dont play the game anymore. Its a fun game, you 

this is a great explination. 

Posted

Don't play till they fix the servers. You'll get disharted pretty fast with the current state of the servers

Posted

then DO NOT play BDO. 

You bought the game? I wont tell you that you already did then.... oops I just did ^_^

Seriously can you tards stop acting like you've been cheated, of what i have no friggin clue.

1 person likes this

Posted

lol

Posted

nbu8v.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello there community. I want to try out the Black Desert (bought alredy the game) but before i will sink into it and invest lot oh my lifetime hours i want to know few things. I stopped playing other mmos because of:

- pay2win, or so called pay2progress by white knights - Blade and Soul, TERA Online

- rng boxes with costumes - legit items desired by the community hidden behind the paywall - games as above

- lack of communication with game devs - as lot of experience mmo players know - the lack of communcation with the players results in losing interest of players and games dies in result. By the good communcation I mean fast replies on tickets, good informations about upcoming patches and answering the question about game issues - cuz every mmo have their own issues

- infestation of bots and gold sellers - this thing i can bear but it has to be far less than in Blade and Soul

i guess thats all. I will be thankfull for answers.

- This game has some pay2win items, some cash shop items give you a fair amount of advantage and shortcut to make more money faster hence gear up faster compared to somebody who didnt buy anything from the shop. This applies to pet + autoloot = farm faster. Costumes that gives you bonus on XP = exp faster. Costumes that give you faster fishing = make money faster. etc. Items that increase your weight limit + inventory space etc. While you might think they arent groundbreaking, some of these are actually quite good, last but not least the Ghili suite that makes your name invisible during combat.

- see above, if you want any of these items you have to pay.

- 1v1 pvp is a total disaster due to the fact this game isnt designed for 1v1 pvp. Its the most frustrating experience you will ever have, depending on the class you pick. but most of the time its not remotely fun due to heavy classes unbalance for 1v1, desync, heavy gear oriented pvp. Gear > skill in this game, you can be a total noob and press 2 random button and oneshot your opponent just because you have 2x the gear and RNG favored you on farming/enchanting.

- There is quite a lot of lack of communication regarding patch notes, future roadmap, contents, decisions about what gets implemented, bugfix, class fixes, and many more, so far i think the communication between the publisher and playerbase is not remotely sufficient.

- There is a very high number of bots, most of them are very hard to report and spot because they use the Ghili suite which makes their name invisible (check point number 1). Also pulisher seems to have a very hard time figuring out how to stop this. There are marketboard bots that snipe items instantly off markets making impossible for normal people to have a chance at them. And so on. Bots that farm, hacks that refill ur hp, lower ur cd, etc. i've seen everything but very few bans. Exploits on world bosses from guilds with 0 consequences from publisher. People got rich by stunlocking and exploiting bosses and they didnt get any punishment.

- server lag is an issue, on top of that there is a huge desync problem making pvp very bad.

After more than 1 month in this game, i would seriously consider if start to play again. I would think you might be better off spending your time and resources on a more polished and fun game, this looks more like a beta so far. There are other major problems but i stuck to your points.

my 2 cents.

1 person likes this

Posted

I see that the voices are divided here. What is the reson some ppls call the company greedy here? for example in TERA and BnS the companies didint cared about playerbase and throwed tons of rng pay2win boxes filled with materials for gear progress. So... basiacally they didint treat players like mature, intelligent humans but like mindless cow to milk the wallet.

Posted (edited)

I see that the voices are divided here. What is the reson some ppls call the company greedy here? for example in TERA and BnS the companies didint cared about playerbase and throwed tons of rng pay2win boxes filled with materials for gear progress. So... basiacally they didint treat players like mature, intelligent humans but like mindless cow to milk the wallet.

most people seem void of the fact that BDO is a 2 year old game, prices are for some quite high in the CS, a 5-10% reduc would be fair and balanced but not needed.

And people like to whine, none of those claiming cash grab manage to spew out any viable argument to why, all places have crazies, just like wow has the 'wow is gonna die' people, every mmo tends to have the 'lol cash grab! Scam!' People

if they want to milk me with costumes, thats fine by me, but thats because i like them.

Edited by Kezha
1 person likes this

Posted

Greed level of Daum < Greed level of other MMO publishers, developers and other regions.

There are some "Little mistakes",  not enough informations maybe. Server lags are bigger issues now. 

Posted

They charge a little too much for costume and such thats why ppl call them gready but thats pretty much it.If you dont care about costume you will be ok.

Posted

I don`t have problems to buy costumes even for their prices, they hav to eat something for running the game, not a problem as long as they listen to community and don`t making pay2win fest. Thanks for answers guys, I will try the game.

Posted

1. - yes, P2W

2. - Entire class balance does not exist. Entire game conent is owned by 2 class: ranger and wizard

3. - I did not noticed any effect of this communication

4. - bots, cheaters, exploiters - are in game. goold sellers are reduced to sell entire accouts and power lvl

5. - yes, server lags, desync is common

Posted

Thinking about buying the game too.  BnS is going too far with the RNG boxes and total lack of communication/support.

Posted (edited)

Current state?

Log on > Do those epic dailies with much much love > Do some sweet intense battlegrounds (they're truly amazing, sometimes you're lucky and can even do 4!) > Think about starting an alt for 1 minute > Realise you can't even bother > Esc > End game.

God, what has happened in 2 months..

Edited by Trypants