• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Melee should get compensation

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Melee should get compensation because we are disadvantaged in every possible content in this game.

• We can not farm field bosses because we are one shot without ability to do enough DMG to get loot. Even this ones who decided to make ranged class to farm field bosses losing time to play not main character,
  • Range character grind faster because of better DPS and fact they do not need to close to mobs to make DMG,
  • Range classes are OP in PvP, especially group PvP,
  • We got CC nerf whiteout release awakening,
  • DP does not work and does not scale compared to AP while melee classes are much more depend by DP than range classes,

Now, even if we will get field bosses and class balance patch. It will not bring back our 2 months without ability to effectively farm field bosses. Not mention fact alot of melee players rerolled already on range classes.

22 people like this

Posted

I just want the 30% damage reduction passive they have in Diablo 3.

Posted

They will never fix issues with this game. Don't bother hit your head against wall and just keep brake.

Oh wait if you keep brake it takes you months to catch up to get III acessories.

Nm just quit game.

Posted

I just want the 30% damage reduction passive they have in Diablo 3.

No. You need more minerals! Your hive cluster is under attack. :D

Posted

you're bound to get your awakenings before you get compensations =/

Posted

except.... ive seen melees get boss loot, on every boss out there.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

except.... ive seen melees get boss loot, on every boss out there.

Possible if you have insane gear.

It's dps race. People get 50mil/hour doing bosses and they buy gear to upgrade III. Mostly people in hardcore guilds who farm 14h/day have advantage for loot.

There is small chance like me who has 122ap could get loot but so far after 20 tryes I haven't got none. 122 is too low for wiz. Majority of time I killed it with 110 ap. I can't even imagine how -----ed up it is for melee. At least I died on them 5x less not like that even matters..

Edited by Bloodex

Posted

1. We can not farm field bosses because we are one shot without ability to do enough DMG to get loot. Even this ones who decided to make ranged class to farm field bosses losing time to play not main character,
  2. Range character grind faster because of better DPS and fact they do not need to close to mobs to make DMG,
  3. Range classes are OP in PvP, especially group PvP,
  4. We got CC nerf whiteout release awakening,
  5. DP does not work and does not scale compared to AP while melee classes are much more depend by DP than range classes,

Now, even if we will get field bosses and class balance patch. It will not bring back our 2 months without ability to effectively farm field bosses. Not mention fact alot of melee players rerolled already on range classes.

1. Survived hits as a Ranger with 145 DP against field bosses. Thought about enhancing your gear? 655 range Livertos vs 735 melee Livertos sold on Jordine, not counting the 298 Sorc Livertos. add it to range or melee, whatever you like.
  2. First person to hit lv57 (at least the one who made it public in the forum) was a Valkyrie.
  3. Meanwhile certain classes are destroying ranged classes easily and not like ranged vs ranged exist as well. Act for the sake of your group.
  4. So it would be fine if certain classes could permanently CC other classes, included melees? Man must that be fun getting CC'd for 20+ seconds...
  5. DP works. DP simply scales less due to obvious reasons. You reached 400 DP? Congratulations! You now have 100% damage reduction, no one will ever be able to kill you.

You're acting like it is impossible to play the game after 2 months. What is with those who'll just start today, tomorrow or someday in the future? Want to tell them to gfto because other players are ahead of them? Makes so much sense.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

1. Survived hits as a Ranger with 145 DP against field bosses. Thought about enhancing your gear? 655 range Livertos vs 735 melee Livertos sold on Jordine, not counting the 298 Sorc Livertos. add it to range or melee, whatever you like.
  2. First person to hit lv57 (at least the one who made it public in the forum) was a Valkyrie.
  3. Meanwhile certain classes are destroying ranged classes easily and not like ranged vs ranged exist as well. Act for the sake of your group.
  4. So it would be fine if certain classes could permanently CC other classes, included melees? Man must that be fun getting CC'd for 20+ seconds...
  5. DP works. DP simply scales less due to obvious reasons. You reached 400 DP? Congratulations! You now have 100% damage reduction, no one will ever be able to kill you.

You're acting like it is impossible to play the game after 2 months. What is with those who'll just start today, tomorrow or someday in the future? Want to tell them to gfto because other players are ahead of them? Makes so much sense.

Numbers of Liverto's on the marketplace are irrelevant since people can and will dupe Liverto's and sell them.  I've seen 20+ Liverto Amulet's get listed at the same time, and have seen a guy go 1-15 on a Kzarka in under 5 minutes.

I play Sorc/Wiz/Warrior, and ranged classes in general in this game have a MASSIVE advantage over melee.  Playing melee is pretty much a diceroll whether or not I'll spend the whole fight on my back or whether I'll be able to do something or not.  Add to that fact that melee does sub-par damage at best and you're in for a bad time.

Edited by Faeron
2 people like this

Posted

i want compensation from the op of this thread it has killed many of my brain cells

dead-horse11.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Numbers of Liverto's on the marketplace are irrelevant since people can and will dupe Liverto's and sell them.  I've seen 20+ Liverto Amulet's get listed at the same time, and have seen a guy go 1-15 on a Kzarka in under 5 minutes.
I play Sorc/Wiz/Warrior, and ranged classes in general in this game have a MASSIVE advantage over melee.  Playing melee is pretty much a diceroll whether or not I'll spend the whole fight on my back or whether I'll be able to do something or not.  Add to that fact that melee does sub-par damage at best and you're in for a bad time.

If you do world bosses for a living you will get a lot of Livertos. When trying to pass them to guildies the only way to guarantee them one is to list a bunch at once together with others or by yourself.

I'm melee. World bosses (with the exception of Bheg and sometimes Rednose) do not 1 shot me. I always get loot and even have a Kzaka weapon. I wear full DP/health gear and have always carried it with me for world bosses. You're wrong. Most of the people here are wrong. Stack hp. 

Edit: There were people with over 1k memory fragments before Kzarka. They were doing nothing but running discos in anticipation for boss armor. Those same people would probably be smart enough to use the fragments instead of fail stacks on their best in slot weapon.

Edited by Haku_sama

Posted

Yeah of course, everything is duped. Statistic value (even though it is definitely not 100% accurate as not every weapon is sold) of the AH? Nah, ranged classes are rigged of course. More melee weapon (if you count Sorc for melee)? Doesn't matter. First to get Kzarka was a Giant? Must have been hacks...

Force enhancing your way to +15 doesn't take long if you have 380 Memory Fragments, which wasn't difficult to obtain until Kzarka was released.

Posted

1. First person to hit lv57 (at least the one who made it public in the forum) was a Valkyrie.

To be fair, the Valk shouldn't really be grouped with the rest of the melee classes seeing as how she is hands down the best class in this game, and its most well kept secret. Once the Greatsword comes out (and breaks the game), we may have to re-evaluate that, but till that time....

I used to be a Sorc, then I upgraded to a Valk. 

But yeah, I agree with the rest of your points.

Posted

To be fair, the Valk shouldn't really be grouped with the rest of the melee classes seeing as how she is hands down the best class in this game, and its most well kept secret. Once the Greatsword comes out (and breaks the game), we may have to re-evaluate that, but till that time....

I used to be a Sorc, then I upgraded to a Valk. 

But yeah, I agree with the rest of your points.

Valk's hidden combos are nuckin futs... I've honestly been considering rolling up a valk after I finish getting my musa and ranger to 50.

Posted

If you do world bosses for a living you will get a lot of Livertos. When trying to pass them to guildies the only way to guarantee them one is to list a bunch at once together with others or by yourself.

I'm melee. World bosses (with the exception of Bheg and sometimes Rednose) do not 1 shot me. I always get loot and even have a Kzaka weapon. I wear full DP/health gear and have always carried it with me for world bosses. You're wrong. Most of the people here are wrong. Stack hp. 

Edit: There were people with over 1k memory fragments before Kzarka. They were doing nothing but running discos in anticipation for boss armor. Those same people would probably be smart enough to use the fragments instead of fail stacks on their best in slot weapon.

Yeah of course, everything is duped. Statistic value (even though it is definitely not 100% accurate as not every weapon is sold) of the AH? Nah, ranged classes are rigged of course. More melee weapon (if you count Sorc for melee)? Doesn't matter. First to get Kzarka was a Giant? Must have been hacks...

Force enhancing your way to +15 doesn't take long if you have 380 Memory Fragments, which wasn't difficult to obtain until Kzarka was released.

Oh like the dudes who have 10+ Kzarka's even though I've done Kzarka over 15 times, never gotten everything.  The guys with a Calph storage full of Mark of Shadow - 80+ of them, and have +15 boss armor already.  Don't fanboy, it's commonly accepted people are cheating and nothing is being done about it.  Nobody gets 10 Liverto's in a day.

2 people like this

Posted

i want compensation from the op of this thread it has killed many of my brain cells

Except he's not wrong.

Posted

Valk's hidden combos are nuckin futs... I've honestly been considering rolling up a valk after I finish getting my musa and ranger to 50.

Do it. Its so fun having someone try to gank you and be like "Wtf you hack!".

I had 4 friends convert to the Valk, even though they all have 52+ "mains".

Posted

How does the GS break the game?  I've heard it called OP and I guess I can understand why a melee that hits hard can be annoying - but breaking the game?

A GS warrior is by no means unkillable.  In KR I lost sometimes against equally geared opponents.

Posted

No. You need more minerals! Your hive cluster is under attack. :D

need more overlords to spawn more zerglings

Posted

Heard warrior and zerk is really good in Korean version with the awakenings so hopefully that balances things out.

Posted

Me being melee only classes cuz I enjoy slicing someone with a blade. I have to say I disagree on the compensation. Yes its pretty shitty being a melee class because of desyncing n crappy dp problems like musa. But we shouldn't receive anything. Stop asking to be spoon fed by every little flaw that happens. Im not directly speaking to you. Im talking about every post that asks for stuff. What's so great about receiving an exp boost? We get soo many exp werkends already. Whats so good about some rng box that has a chance at livertos? Nothing really. People gotta be thankful for what they have and stop crying about issues that they are trying to fix. If you guys think youre any better and think its soo easy. Go work for daum! Cuz apparently all you guys think it's soo easy and a little fix. Go apply at daum and let's see if y'all can make a difference

1 person likes this

Posted

I made kzarka 3-4 times now and always got loot as war.

i made begh, red nose and dim tree, ad mostly of time got loot.

i also dropped Liverto from Red Nose a week ago.

It seems melees already have a sort of "proxymity bonus" for their loot, so complaining seems a little pointless.

Posted (edited)

How does the GS break the game?  I've heard it called OP and I guess I can understand why a melee that hits hard can be annoying - but breaking the game?

A GS warrior is by no means unkillable.  In KR I lost sometimes against equally geared opponents.

Huge burst. If you can reach them, they will die.

I was able to take on higher level people with better gear, and that's saying a lot seeing how brokenly OP enchants become later on.

Edited by Lexicon

Posted

Oh like the dudes who have 10+ Kzarka's even though I've done Kzarka over 15 times, never gotten everything.  The guys with a Calph storage full of Mark of Shadow - 80+ of them, and have +15 boss armor already.  Don't fanboy, it's commonly accepted people are cheating and nothing is being done about it.  Nobody gets 10 Liverto's in a day.

I haven't heard of people with that many Kzarka. I know people who have gotten 2-3. There was an issue at the beginning of the game that explains why there are some people with that many mark of shadows. I won't mention it incase the devs ----- up and make something like that happen again. I'm sorry you have bad RNG, but don't be one of those people who constantly cry about world bosses and either never show up to them to never get loot, or have your character built straight AP and get 1 shot by world bosses. You only have yourself to blame if you do not have a Liverto and have been playing since launch.

Posted

There def needs to be some sort of balance mechanic for melee on world bosses. As it stands now, melee are basically just on suicide runs when doing world bosses. We do little dmg and die many times so our chance at good loot is slim. 

There must be some sort of dmg reduction for melee on at least world bosses. Should prob have a minor reduction for everything the way this game is played. 

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0