• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Report a Text Cut Issue

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

description: missing text at trolls

Screenshot (502).jpg

Screenshot (499).jpg

Screenshot (500).jpg

Screenshot (501).jpg

Edited by Coeurly

Posted (edited)

EDIT 2: As of Mar 22, 2017 patch, the edited suggestions I made below have been almost all implemented, except for as noted below. 

EDIT: Glad to see two of my suggestions have been implemented in the Mar 15, 2017 patch. Read my edits below to see which ones:

EDIT: This was changed. TY: The text in the Popular Photos tab on the Photo Gallery is very badly cut. If you cant make the UI wider or the font smaller, then you could instead change the tabs to read "7 days", "30 days", "60 days", and "All time", and the checkboxes to read "Reviews", "Votes", "Views", and "Comments". 

GLGKoQv.jpg

EDIT 2: As of Mar 22, 2017 patch, the only issue that remains here is the "Conquest Score" button cutting....my suggestion is to make it say just "Conquest". EDIT: This was partly fixed. The capitalization of "Territory" was changed. TY. However, the subtext "Territory under control of the guild..." is still being cut as of Mar 15, 2017. Perhaps you can't edit the position of the dynamic guild name, as I suggested below, and in that case you should change the text to read: "Territory under control of [Guildname] until next Conquest". This cuts two words out of the sentence. Also, I just noticed that the "Conquest Score" button, below the text cutting I just mentioned, has its text overlapping the crossed sword image. This could be avoided by changing "Conquest Score" to just "Score". First, the first sentence should have the "T" in territory be capitalized like so: "<Mediah Territory> Conquest Complete!", and the same should be done in the territories drop down list. Second, the text "Participating Guilds" is right up against the border of the dropdown list. almost cutting it. To avoid this, the text could be changed to read "Competing Guilds". Third, to avoid the slight text cutting in the second sentence, it could read as "[Name] guild controls the Territory until next Conquest".l4F6Yh9.jpg

EDIT: This was changed. TY: As seen below, the "Channel Group" color box overlaps with the Guild chat checkbox. This overlapping could be remedied if the text "Channel Group" was changed to just "Channel". Besides fixing the overlapping, this is consistent with the "Channel" selection in the chatbox, as seen below. 54gSkCM.jpg

EDIT 2: As of Mar 22, 2017 patch, the cutting issue has been fixed, but the dates being incorrect remains. EDIT: The following issues are still in game as of Mar 15, 2017: First, the date format after "Occupation Date:" is wrong. The extra "/" in the start should be removed, like so: xx/xx/xx not /xx/xx/xx. Secondly, the date is wrong. It states the year is 2021. Thirdly, the text below the date is cutting. This could be fixed by shortening the text to read "Node was occupied last week".ybr31LB.jpg

Edited by Sleepingstone

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Okay, so I can see that I was mistaken. There is a difference between exchanging and breeding. Everything below can be ignored. But there is one thing. When I was experimenting with exchanging I came upon this screen, and I'm not sure what "Steeds cannot benefit from exchanging." means exactly. I tried googling it and found no answers. Is this a text error?7EyF3ce.jpg

TY Kakao localization team for all your hard work! Glad to see you're listening! :)

Some more for you guys! :)

First, the text in the middle of the screenshot below is getting cut and has a spelling error. In order for it not to get cut, while also being more instructive, the text should read as "Select a male and a female horse from your stable." This will save seven characters in the sentence, including spaces, and it should therefore fit into the dark blue box. Second, the window itself should be called "Breeding" and not "Exchange". Calling the window as such makes more sense since the process requires a male and a female horse, which both essentially breed a new horse. Third, and for the same reason as my previous point, the "Exchange Horse" button at the bottom of the screen should read as "Breed Horses". Lastly, the "Horse Market" button should read as "Mount Market", since there are also donkeys in the market and not just horses.3PNsRFS.jpg

Edited by Sleepingstone

Posted (edited)

2017-03-25_3956988.JPG

2017-03-25_5234153.JPG

Edited by Garkin

Posted (edited)

Quest name is "Kzarka, the Lord of Corruption". This could be fixed by making the text more concise, and meanwhile also more informative. As per Kzarka's knowledge panel bio. I suggest that it reads as: "You are trustworthy, so I will tell you what I know. I looked at the documents, but I can't decipher them completely yet. There is one thing, a clue about Kzarka, the Lord of Corruption, who was sealed away long ago. Sigh...I wonder what the cultists are up to. Tell Hakkon of Serendia Shrine about this immediately. We can't let Kzarka be released." 

QNjX1Mv.jpg

Edited by Sleepingstone

Posted (edited)

I play bdo @ 4k resolution 3840x2160 on a 39 inch TV and love it.

While I doubt 4k was originally ever considered as viable thing for the average player, the cost of the tech to achieve this becomming increasingly in reach of more and more people.

It may be good to have a separate thread to start collecting 4k specific issues eg, ->

There are only a few things that really don't work well, but there are many others that could use minor adjustments.

A separate thread would good for this stuff so if/when the time comes to officially support 4k, a lot things would have been registered.

Regardless of whether you make a new thread as suggested, could you please allow interface scaling @ 100% to be available at 4K resolutions.

Currently when using 4K, the minimum allowed using the interface scaling slider starts @ 140% and makes the visual experience awful.

This level of scaling just isn't neccessary with a big screen and 4k, and 140% is blurry and takes up so much screen area.

4k @ 100% interface scaling on a good BIG monitor is just dead set awesome!!

This is how I get 100% scaling @ 4K, before I start the game, i edit the file C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Black Desert\UserCache\<some code#>\gameVariable.xml

<GameOptionGlobal Version="1">
    <Adaptor Value="0"/>
    <WindowMode Value="FullScreenWindowed"/>
    <Resolution Width="3840" Height="2160"/>

<UiScale Value="1"/>

and set UiScale to 1 (it defaults to 1.4 when you choose 4k from inside the game)

Then start the game up, I get 4k with scaling @ 100% and its fantastic!!

BUT, as soon as I make any change from the "Setting Menu" inside the game it resets the game to 140% scaling and as you can imagine, returning my game scaling to 100% means closing the game down and editing the file again then starting back up.

Crossing fingers for 100% scaling option to be available in the not too distant future.

thanx

Edited by glarty
grammer fix

Posted

Price guarantee:

2017-04-05_35917393.JPG

Posted (edited)

Since the "Conquest Status" screen text now goes into two lines, the circled text should be written as "Territory in control of the guid [Name] until the next Conquest." Preferably, it would also say the date when the next conquest is like "...the next Conquest on Wednesday" (not sure what days Conquest is on)irYuEWz.jpg

In order not to clip outside the button bounds, the "Register to Favorites" button should be called "List in Favorites": nm7mMX2.jpg

I already posted this in the Report a Text / Localization Issue section, but just to make sure: to be more informative, and to fit better within the allotted space, the "Cancel Race" button should instead be labelled as "Withdraw" and the message that appears should state "Withdrew registration to the race.": 

qbFrFcy.jpg

Edited by Sleepingstone

Posted (edited)

To avoid the cutting and image overlapping with the "Recover Max Durability" button, it should be written as "Fix Durability". And the "Repair in Inven" button, to avoid using "Inven", should be written as "Fix Inventory". If you want to have all the buttons use the same word than they should all use "Fix" rather than "Repair"27waXP5.jpg

Edited by Sleepingstone

Posted (edited)

1. To avoid cutting, the "Apply Popular Customization" button should be written as "Set Popular Customization".

2. To fit in with the "Customization" word usage, the "Customizing Info" button should be called "Customization Info:"

3. The word "Crafter" should be changed to "Author" to fit in with what this is called in the Beauty Album (as you can see in the 2nd pic below, the tab is called "Author Ranking")5TQPhnz.jpg

Since the text states that the checkboxes are for "Download Period", which should be called "Application Period" (since you apply the customization), this could be fixed by making the buttons say "Today" "7 Days" "30 Days" "100 Days" "All Time": n2ib2zQ.jpg

Edited by Sleepingstone

Posted (edited)

Hey I found a problem where quest giver(Tirol) doesn't display the proper information , see pictures.

Buggitemlol.jpg

Buggitem1.jpg

Buggitem2.jpg

It keeps on going like this.

Edited by Fluffybunnymanthewarrior