• Announcements

    • IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

      Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

      https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

      *New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

      Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

      https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

      Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

black stone calculator BDOHub - BlackStone Calculator + Group Finder and More!


28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, so i posted this in the guide's place but it has got little attention there so thought i would try one last time here.
I have made a BlackStone Failstack vs Force Enchant Calculator.

It tells you:

Failstack Enchanting:
- % Chance of successful fail stack enchant from +7 and up.
- How much Silvers worth of black stones you have wasted on Fail-Stacks

Durability:
- How many pieces of Equipment you need to repair your durability back to 100.
- How much those pieces of Equipment would cost in total.

Force Enchant:
- How much durability you will lose if you Force Enchant.
- How many Black Stone's you need to Force Enchant.
- How much those Black Stone's cost (Total for what you need to Force Enchant).
- Total Cost (Cost in Black Stones + Cost to Repair the Durability of your item by how much you lost from Force Enchanting)
- How much it will cost you extra if you Force Enchant (Difference from Black Stone's total cost to Paying for Repairs as well).
- If you should Force Enchant or not (It will recommended that you do Force Enchant if you pay less than 1,000,00 Extra for Repairs and the success % is less than 30).

To use the calculator, go to:
www.bdohub.net

I really hope you guys find use in the calculator. There is more to come to the website, like the "Houses" section we are working on. 
Please leave feedback, suggestions and let me know if you will be coming back to use the calculator on here or on the comment section of the website.


Thanks for looking! <3


9bb620ced25dcd95d12f8e48a5b41313.png
 

Edited by ABkayCkay
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Edit: Nevermind it started working. :|

Edited by Zac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

The % part of the calculator does not seem to work. 

It does, it is because each Enchantment Level has its own max (in game). So it checks if it is at its max % increase, if you go any higher, it won't change.
However if you reduce significantly, it will.

I will note that on the website to make more clear. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Edit: Nevermind it started working. :|

05d.jpg

 

On topic: Nice work, OP.^_^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

There are different success rates for weapons and armor. You have the weapon RNG only so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

It does, it is because each Enchantment Level has its own max (in game). So it checks if it is at its max % increase, if you go any higher, it won't change.
However if you reduce significantly, it will.

I will note that on the website to make more clear. Thanks

fail stacks didnt modify  stats for 12-14 for me, it did work for under 11, looks like a bug exists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

So you're calculator tells me to force enchant my armor pieces from +11 and above to +15.  Is that correct?  Mainly for Grunil pieces, and I put the amity game prices instead of the AH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

There are different success rates for weapons and armor. You have the weapon RNG only so far.

I now see this, will be implemented.
- Currently setup for Weapon


 

fail stacks didnt modify  stats for 12-14 for me, it did work for under 11, looks like a bug exists

What was your current Failstack when you changed? Its possible you hit the max. 
Can you give me a little more info?

 

So you're calculator tells me to force enchant my armor pieces from +11 and above to +15.  Is that correct?  Mainly for Grunil pieces, and I put the amity game prices instead of the AH

It was made for market price, it may work with amity cost though.
It only recommends force enchant if the difference between black stone cost and repair cost is under 1,000,000 (Meaning its possible to get back the durability for most people) and if its less than 30% chance of succeeding enchantment with fail stacks. Otherwise it will suggest that you failstack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

moved to guides 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

moved to guides 

Delete my other thread there. 
It got next to no attention. Hence why i posed in general. 

EDIT: Ill delete it.

Edited by ABkayCkay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I now see this, will be implemented.- Currently setup for Weapon

 

What was your current Failstack when you changed? Its possible you hit the max. 
Can you give me a little more info?

 

It was made for market price, it may work with amity cost though.It only recommends force enchant if the difference between black stone cost and repair cost is under 1,000,000 (Meaning its possible to get back the durability for most people) and if its less than 30% chance of succeeding enchantment with fail stacks. Otherwise it will suggest that you failstack.

i tried it for multiple fail stacks to see if the % woudl change, for 12 13 and 14 it didnt matter how much i moved the bar. For 11 it would update the differences, as i changed the failstacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

i tried it for multiple fail stacks to see if the % woudl change, for 12 13 and 14 it didnt matter how much i moved the bar. For 11 it would update the differences, as i changed the failstacks.

Seems like you have to update the current enchantment level for change to show in the %.

After a while of fixing, i have improved and added the following:
- Armour/Weapon Support with there corresponding percentages and durability losses.
- Memory Fragment Support that is substituted instead of the Black Stone.

Re-Visit the website and let me know what you all think please!
Do what you did before, let me know if there are any issues.

Thank you.

EDIT:

For those that have visited, do you guys think you will re-visit or use it ever again?
Was it helpful? And what can i change on it? Please let me know. 

Doing some work on the website tomorrow, so will add some suggestions to it when i do so.

 

Edited by ABkayCkay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

The calculator works really well. Looking forward to the future of this site :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

We have now added a group finder page for both EU and NA!
We know you can use the in game chat, however its a pretty cool feature for those that would like to use it.

Anyway, talking in channel chat costs energy.
So why not?! :P

Here is a screenshot:
36583930ac391ae4cc45fb16febf4752.jpg

If you want to give it a go, feel free to come along!

http://www.bdohub.net/#!group-finder/fy9uf

If you have any suggestions on what we should add to the website, be sure to let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Just a quick update everyone!

We have just finished the housing section for Olvia and I'd love for you guys and gals to check it out and let us know what you think!
It may have taken the best part of the day and made me not even want to do Calpheon but I think it looks pretty good so far.

Use this link to check out the housing section and tell us what you all think!
http://www.bdohub.net/#!houses/xi212

Thanks for any feedback, we cant wait to improve the site more.
Also, have this cheeky screenshot as a taster ;)

page.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone!

Just to let you all know, I have just finished and published the Velia part of the House Catalog. Head over there and let us know what you think. Good or bad!

Remember to keep checking back at www.bdohub.net for updates!
The link to the houses section is www.bdohub.net/houses

Thanks!

Edited by DonkeyKiin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

lol.

If you want a working calculator do not use this crap.
Instead for high accuracy predictions do the following:

1. Take a coin into your hand.

2. Throw it into the air and wait for it to fall.

3. Once the coin has stopped moving, look at the side that's facing up

4. Is it tail then you fail, is it head then congratulations on your success.

You may use this high accuracy calculator for free but at your own risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

lol.

If you want a working calculator do not use this crap.
Instead for high accuracy predictions do the following:

1. Take a coin into your hand.

2. Throw it into the air and wait for it to fall.

3. Once the coin has stopped moving, look at the side that's facing up

4. Is it tail then you fail, is it head then congratulations on your success.

You may use this high accuracy calculator for free but at your own risk.

Seriously? 

1. Troll
2. I am pretty sure, giving information about how much things will cost, durability to be lost, how many black stones needed and the true % you have to succeed failstack is a little bit better than a coin toss. Don't you think?
3. You stick to your Coin Toss and let others actually use something informative.
4. I know i shouldn't feed Troll's, however i feel that @
Flevalt thinks he was being clever and witty. 

Let me be the first to tell you, you are incorrect. 
You may continue to try troll but at your own risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I am pretty sure, giving information about how much things will cost, durability to be lost, how many black stones needed and the true % you have to succeed failstack is a little bit better than a coin toss.
Don't you think?

Hell no.

I'll take the coin instead any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Hell no.
I'll take the coin instead any day.

So i took a glace at your profile. 
Literally, within seconds it confirmed how much of troll or rude opinionated person you are xD


Every reply is you either calling out people for down syndrome, calling people plebs and calling Daum simple and handicapped. 
LMAO. 

Sorry mate, but you're the type of person that is not wanted in the community. 
So, next time you hate on the community with stuff like "Down Syndrome detected.
Not a rarity among the BDO community."
Don't try be a part of it.

Case closed.

For everyone that uses the website, because i know quite a few of you do. 
There will be some changes coming tomorrow that i think you will all like!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

So, I come with the saddening news that the website may soon be taken down.
Why? Because the amount of usage of the website is no where near worth the cost of maintaining it. 

It is costing me more than you think.

I am not one to complain, however it would just not be smart to keep it up at this rate.

The reason I have made this post is to work out, who here truly believes I should keep this up? Currently it only gets about 15-30 people on a day. 
It used to be in the hundreds. So surely a lot of people do not like the tool or just don't find it useful. 

Please leave in the comments whether you think I should keep the website and calculator up and why would help.

Thank you for those that are still using the tool.

If you do want to help us out you can donate via the donate button on the calculator page. 
 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

My problem with it is that it doesn't seem to accurately take into account how each failure increases the success chance, so is inaccurate in determining the average cost of manual enchanting, making it useless. For example, going from +11 to +12 on a weapon starting with 0 stacks (320k stone cost, 120k weapon cost), it says to force because it will cost less than 1mil extra, but that's not correct because due to the 0.75% increase in success chance per failure it will only take about 8 tries on average (the success chance is roughly 66% overall at that point; 0.9 * 0.8925 * 0.885 * 0.8775 * 0.87 * 0.8625 * 0.855 * 0.8475 = 0.33917..., i.e. a ~33.92% chance of consecutively failing that many times thus a 66.08% chance of success), making it 8 stones and -40 durability compared to the 11 stones and -50 durability of forcing, a difference of 1,080,000 silver.

If it took everything into account, I'd probably use it frequently just to make my life easier.

Edited by Zephan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

My problem with it is that it doesn't seem to accurately take into account how each failure increases the success chance, so is inaccurate in determining the average cost of manual enchanting, making it useless. For example, going from +11 to +12 on a weapon starting with 0 stacks (320k stone cost, 120k weapon cost), it says to force because it will cost less than 1mil extra, but that's not correct because due to the 0.75% increase in success chance per failure it will only take about 8 tries on average (the success chance is roughly 66% overall at that point; 0.9 * 0.8925 * 0.885 * 0.8775 * 0.87 * 0.8625 * 0.855 * 0.8475 = 0.33917..., i.e. a ~33.92% chance of consecutively failing that many times thus a 66.08% chance of success), making it 8 stones and -40 durability compared to the 11 stones and -50 durability of forcing, a difference of 1,080,000 silver.

If it took everything into account, I'd probably use it frequently just to make my life easier.

Infact it does take the % chance into context.
It recommends you force enchant if extra cost is equal or less than 1mil and if the success % is less than 30.

Each failure does increase by adding the % each fail that we have stored for each enchantment level.

You have to remember, all items and level enchantments have a maximum failure increase. 

So if the % does not change when you increase failures, it is because you have hit the max % it can increase to for that combination of level and failure level.

I appreciate your feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites