• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Zodiac Sign and RNG (and more)

61 posts in this topic

Posted

This came to my mind : We all complain about people having awfull RNG about looting, or enhancing and people looting ogre ring or having 5 liverto a day. But can't it just be because of the Zodiac Sign ?

Can't these influence the game more than we think ?

I've got a friend whom Zodiac Sign is "Stone", and he his really lucky in his enhancement. And I mean really, really lucky, he's the kind of guy who's going +15 on a liverto without FS and using only 20 black stones.

Another friend told me he has a friend who was used to loot 5/6 MoS daily, and his Sign was "Goblin" (Which can be relevant, goblins are pretty much thieves)

So maybe these Zodiac Signs could improve some stuff while lowering others.

Maybe Sign like Shield reduce damage taken, or Black Dragon damage dealt.

What do you guys think about it ?

Posted

RNG is random. It's equal across the board.

Zodiac signs only affect interaction with NPCs.

2 people like this

Posted

you have no clue what are you talking about

why do you even have the audacity to go around the forums and plague them with your uneducated opinion?

its a generally accepted  fact that rng in this game is not real rng

7 people like this

Posted

There is so much hidden about this game it would not surprise me. That being said it won't really affect my gameplay.

Posted

why do you even have the audacity to go around the forums and plague them with your uneducated opinion?

"generally accepted fact"...really? Wtf does that even mean? Where is your proof?

You're just like the people who sh*tpost with "Daum listen, the community wants x." or "Hey, everyone wants y so implement it now or everyone will leave the game."

Yet another self-centered narcissist.

All you have is superstition that helps you sleep at night, people like you can't handle the "fact" that fate dealt someone a better hand than you.

Staff members already confirmed that Zodiac signs do nothing but affect the rate of Amity gain from a conversation.

8 people like this

Posted

There you go, Daum! Change your Zodiac sign for 1000 pearls. They're already begging for it. ;)

Posted

My guildmate yesterday night while talking on teamspeak upgrade a Zereth armour from 0 to 15 without failstack. Just after that he did again with another piece of gear, boom +15 with less than 9 failstack in total! He gave, up. Why? Cause he wanted to build failstack :D

Posted

Wow xD if something like this really exists I would question everything. Is loot drops is affected by gender or hair colour? Does your height affect your fishing? 

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow xD if something like this really exists I would question everything. Is loot drops is affected by gender or hair colour? Does your height affect your fishing? 

Actually there are hidden stats on character so maybe yes.

Posted

If you actually code a RNG, you would know there are no true RNG at all. Depend on the type of coding you do for you RNG, there are bounds to be a series of similar results every once in a while, then it goes back to RNG and repeat.

Depend on range of your number, RNG actually feels like random, but if your range of number is not big enough, then you will learn it is not as random as you think.

This is what I learned in Embedded System, so it is depend entirely on Daum on what type of RNG they use.

1 person likes this

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised if zodiac signs do influence drops/enhances and other stuff aside from the amity game which you can totally alter in your favor with the noble costume.  It'll take a long time to form a sound theory on it though let alone prove it.  Characters having hidden stats, every character receiving different amounts of stats upon leveling up; definitely not out of the question of being possible.

1 person likes this

Posted

There you go, Daum! Change your Zodiac sign for 1000 pearls. They're already begging for it. ;)

Please don't give them more bad ideas...

Posted

as long as a player checks enough conditions worked into the system if there are such conditions then they will always have better "luck"

it was like that in archeage do certain tasks animations ect and literally have a better chance at succeeding your enchants

Posted

4aJ8c2A.gif

Posted (edited)

If you actually code a RNG, you would know there are no true RNG at all. Depend on the type of coding you do for you RNG, there are bounds to be a series of similar results every once in a while, then it goes back to RNG and repeat.

Depend on range of your number, RNG actually feels like random, but if your range of number is not big enough, then you will learn it is not as random as you think.

This is what I learned in Embedded System, so it is depend entirely on Daum on what type of RNG they use.

The argument isn't whether or not RNG is truely random or if it's just pseudo-random - it's that we're on a level playing field.

Humans are great at finding (false) patterns and, by extension, coming up with wild superstitions without any non-anecdotal proof.

Many people can't just dismiss failure regarding something that is out of their control - they must cope with it by pretending that they have some shred of control.

They then desperately feel the need to have their ideas validated, whether or not they are true or provable.

This thread is a shining example.

Edited by Fool
1 person likes this

Posted

in this game everything is possible so
im agree that maybe the zodiac have
influence in this things, also I was thinking
about the character creation that also affect

maybe a tall char have more HP? hiden DP?
don't know

I will start to do experiment with my character heuheuheueheuh

scientist.thumb.png.be8a07273cf81e37fe6b

Posted (edited)

I think this is true. Yup, I've strapped my tinfoil hat on tight!

But - in the last two days four Tree Spirit Belts were dropped from Twin-head and Old Treants. All four of the players had the zodiac sign Treant Owl.
How do I know this? Because I've passed the 200hr mark of grinding treants like a maniac hoping to drop the belt myself. And every time someone is lucky enough to get it, I take the liberty to interogate him for a minute via PM's. Almost every time someone gets the treebelt from the lesser trees (not Dim Tree Spirit) BAM his zodiac sign is Treant Owl! I've seen a dozen people casually start grinding trees for 30 minutes and then drop the belt...

RNG is RNG. But RNG can be defined in a hundred ways.

I'm interested in your experiences, dear forum users: Have you ever dropped the Tree Spirit Belt from just the Twin-headed or Old Treants? Dim tree doesn't count... If so, what was your zodiac sign?

EDIT: Can you change your zodiac sign? Maybe via character appearance change coupons? Or somehow else.

Edited by Mabo
1 person likes this

Posted

I think this is true. Yup, I've strapped my tinfoil hat on tight!

But - in the last two days four Tree Spirit Belts were dropped from Twin-head and Old Treants. All four of the players had the zodiac sign Treant Owl.
How do I know this? Because I've passed the 200hr mark of grinding treants like a maniac hoping to drop the belt myself. And every time someone is lucky enough to get it, I take the liberty to interogate him for a minute via PM's. Almost every time someone gets the treebelt from the lesser trees (not Dim Tree Spirit) BAM his zodiac sign is Treant Owl! I've seen a dozen people casually start grinding trees for 30 minutes and then drop the belt...

RNG is RNG. But RNG can be defined in a hundred ways.

I'm interested in your experiences, dear forum users: Have you ever dropped the Tree Spirit Belt from just the Twin-headed or Old Treants? Dim tree doesn't count... If so, what was your zodiac sign?

EDIT: Can you change your zodiac sign? Maybe via character appearance change coupons? Or somehow else.

That is funny because I am Treant Owl myself, and I got 2 belt in like 15 hours of grinding Twin-headed and Old Treants, while some friends are 100h and counting for none :)

2 people like this

Posted

Would not Surprise me!

Posted

My character is a Boat zodiac sign, and is very lucky ("luck" is a relative expression.) in catching ancient crystals. My alt standing next to her, fishes the same times and is a Camel. She fishes with the same pole and catches the same amount of crystals, but in the past weeks ended up with less silver. It's deep but no proof of that one is luckier than the other.

They are both doing the same at bargaining. Both equally "lucky" I think. I don't think that one is different from the other or even luckier.

Posted (edited)

you both are wrong.
Its real RNG, but its not normal distributed randomness (not equal across the board)

Edited by Faustus

Posted

shield myself and got belt from twinhead roughly on 120 trent mark (used do just 30 of em for neck repeat (daily):S)

1 person likes this

Posted

Player 1: Its RNG

Player 2: THERE NO SUCH THING WHHAAA WHAAAA

Who the hell cares if its "true" random or not.. RNG is a term, it doesn't mean it is a true random, in fact its just another word that is used by the same people that think its fun to yell 'scrubs' 'carebears' and 'MLG'.

Posted (edited)

RNG in games appears to players as random because players cant see the variables behind RNG once you can see and understand the variables behind RNG you would know the result beforehand so in that case its not random

"True" RNG is when nobody in the world could see or understand the variables behind RNG (RNG based on radioactive decay of atom would be true RNG)

So simply RNG in games, for us players appears random. RNG in games, for developers its not random because they can see and understand the variables behind RNG 

Some players here are so naive that they think that game developers will show us the variables and calculations behind RNG in black desert. That will never happen

Edited by mate
1 person likes this

Posted

RNG in games appears to players as random because players cant see the variables behind RNG once you can see and understand the variables behind RNG you would know the result beforehand so in that case its not random

"True" RNG is when nobody in the world could see or understand the variables behind RNG (RNG based on radioactive decay of atom would be true RNG)

So simply RNG in games, for us players appears random. RNG in games, for developers its not random because they can see and understand the variables behind RNG 

Some players here are so naive that they think that game developers will show us the variables and calculations behind RNG in black desert. That will never happen

True range is based on the white noise received from space ;)

And if the calculations from PA ever became known to the public, there would be a mass hanging of developers in no time 9_9