• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How is the game faring so far?

102 posts in this topic

Posted

So I was thining of buying this game on launch, but I thought... Let's wait a little bit...

How is it going now? Like can it be played casually or is it a pay to win game, or is there anything going on with like loads of goldsellers etc? 

After jumping early on the Archage boat I was really frustrated so I am checking some video's now.. And I am also trying to make up my mind wether this is very grindy or if I can play it casually. 

What would you guys say? To people asking wether they should jump on this boat? 

Posted

The grind is real. Forget everything else - are you prepared to grind upwards of 5-10 hours per level to get from 50-55, then 100 hours per level for each one after 55?

if you enjoy pvp keep in mind some insane power gaps exist here. You are likely too late to catch up too unless you can invest 16 hours per day.

no p2w issues or gold sellers really, some hacking issues since HP/mana/cool downs are client side (really dumb for a western MmO), but otherwise it can be a fun game if you approach it with a long term view and don't burn out by playing 16 hours a day... which if you want to be competitive, you'll either need to join a top end guild (which requires max gear and high level most haven't achieved)  in order to farm bosses efficiently, or play 16 hours a day.

this is not a MmO for the faint of heart, or those in relationships or who have RL commitments. You can be casual just don't ever expect to ever compete against top pvpers.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

The grind is real. Forget everything else - are you prepared to grind upwards of 5-10 hours per level to get from 50-55, then 100 hours per level for each one after 55?

if you enjoy pvp keep in mind some insane power gaps exist here. You are likely too late to catch up too unless you can invest 16 hours per day.

no p2w issues or gold sellers really, some hacking issues since HP/mana/cool downs are client side (really dumb for a western MmO), but otherwise it can be a fun game if you approach it with a long term view and don't burn out by playing 16 hours a day... which if you want to be competitive, you'll either need to join a top end guild (which requires max gear and high level most haven't achieved)  in order to farm bosses efficiently, or play 16 hours a day.

this is not a MmO for the faint of heart, or those in relationships or who have RL commitments. You can be casual just don't ever expect to ever compete against top pvpers.

Well put!  I am having fun with the life skills. I fill up my play time (about 4 hours a night) with daily quests. At level 50 I lost interest in the monster grind so I thought I would take a break and enjoy the rest of the game. It's fun in both cases and has some very interesting content. 

Edited by Druses
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Depends on how you like to play and what you like to do. 

I really dont care about being top or anything like that. 

I personally like to do a lot of crafting, fishing, worker management, farming, and a little bit of grinding, and am able to make enough money to be ranked 20-30th in my channel despite being only able to play about 1-3 hours a day. I AFK 20-22 hours a day on average.

If you want to compete with the top when node wars and sieges come out, prepare to grind. But that's not much different from pretty much any other MMO.

Edited by HayamaLinnus
1 person likes this

Posted

Im in same boat as op, but this game seems fun plus blade and soul is strangely laggy for Eu players and p2w its starting there real hard, so this game is best thing there is at this moment, so im buying it tomorrow :)

Posted

The best way to figure out if the game is for you is to try it out, get a 7 day pass and try it out yourself.

I personally love the game because I play MMOs mainly for the community and crafting side, so this game offers me both. 

Posted (edited)

Im in same boat as op, but this game seems fun plus blade and soul is strangely laggy for Eu players and p2w its starting there real hard, so this game is best thing there is at this moment, so im buying it tomorrow :)

I dropped BnS when I saw the flood of gold sellers on day 1 of the game launch. Plus its also one of those themepark MMO with little to do other than dungeons and combat related stuff. 

BDO has no gold sellers because its impossible. There are account sellers, but its mostly a scam to steal your CC#. 

Edited by HayamaLinnus

Posted

Not well. 

Posted

A few weeks in after a late start myself.  Loving it

1 person likes this

Posted

Game is doing fine dont listen to most of the forums kidos.Yea sure its grindy a little after 50 but its not like you have to get to 55 right now you know there is tons to do but if you are a grinder that just kill mob and do nothing else you will be burn out in a week lol so stay away from that play style cause it will get you nowhere.

Enjoy the game and play with all aspect of it and its very worth it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Game is doing fine dont listen to most of the forums kidos.

Are you retarded? So the hackers and bots aren't an issue? The insane RNG isn't an issue? The overpriced cash shop with borderline p2w items isn't an issue? The desync isn't an issue? Terrible class balance isn't an issue? Ontop of that two broken classes? Field bosses aren't an issue? Hidden stats aren't an issue? Terrible customer service and communication isn't an issue? Please wake up from Wonderland  Alice, because this game has a lot of problems

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

These are my personal pros and cons.

Pros:

•  Awesome environment and graphics. Great weather patterns and dynamic landscapes.
  • Engaging and exciting combat system.
  • Multitude of life skill content. Horse taming, crafting, fishing, etc. TONS of content here to keep you busy almost indefinitely.
  • Open world PVP and GvG. Aside from class balance, there is a lot of fun to be had here.

Cons:

• World/Field Bosses. They are crap. Zerg fest of players slamming up against a boss that aimlessly flails around 1 shotting people. Players forced to fight bosses to gain BIS loot.
  • The cash shop. I feel forced to purchase a lot of cash shop items and they are not cheap. Character weight increase, pets (loot for you and cut grinding time in half), costumes (which have stats), Ghillie suits for pvp (hide your name tag so you can ambush). Only pets are account wide. Every time I make an alt I'm extremely frustrated by the large amount of inconveniences.
  • Heavy RNG dependent gear progression with zero skill oriented gear progression. You can lose a week or two worth of gear progression due to RNG (jewelry upgrades).
  • Extremely regulated player economy.

Would I recommend the game?

for a casual player, probably not. Hardcore GvG player? Yes.

You need to invest tons of time into this game to stay competitive. I've found the game to be mostly a fun experience with somewhat frequent frustrations, but these frustrations are usually offset by a great night of GvG.

Edited by Greeto
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

So I was thining of buying this game on launch, but I thought... Let's wait a little bit...

How is it going now? Like can it be played casually or is it a pay to win game, or is there anything going on with like loads of goldsellers etc? 

After jumping early on the Archage boat I was really frustrated so I am checking some video's now.. And I am also trying to make up my mind wether this is very grindy or if I can play it casually. 

Skill 1 % Gear 99%.

It's not that huge yet. Wait until +20 enchants and more players getting III enchants. They have potentially over 100ap/dp difference. Add on top of that insane mob grinding to get eventually 60.

You could play 12 hours wow and be 1200 rated scrub there but in this game you're best.

If you're 140+ ap you're forced to do field bosses everyday or you lose potentially 50mil/hour. Reason why 140+ ap is because you compete against people against damage. Also if you buy this make sure you're wiz/sorc/ranger. Rest classes = Shit.

Knowledge/Energy/Workers/Professions = Shit compared grinding. Maybe it will change in valencia but everything is dead atm with dumb market prices.

If you have absolutely no life and don't mind dying game then welcome.

Edited by Bloodex
1 person likes this

Posted

This game is very grindy, i dont recommend for casual 

Posted

The grind is real. Forget everything else - are you prepared to grind upwards of 5-10 hours per level to get from 50-55

50-51= 1.5-2 hours in Mediah Helms

51-52 = 2.5-4 hours in Mediah Canyon

52-53 = 6-8 hours in Mediah Canyon (Sausan)

53-54 = 8-10 hours in Mediah  Canyon (Sausan)

54-55 = 12-14 hours in Mediah  Canyon (Sausan)

solo without costumes and without +15 twink gear. Unless you're giant then triple the time xD

With a good group you get from 50-55 within 2 days without any problems.

Posted

50-51= 1.5-2 hours in Mediah Helms

51-52 = 2.5-4 hours in Mediah Canyon

52-53 = 6-8 hours in Mediah Canyon (Sausan)

53-54 = 8-10 hours in Mediah  Canyon (Sausan)

54-55 = 12-14 hours in Mediah  Canyon (Sausan)

solo without costumes and without +15 twink gear. Unless you're giant then triple the time xD

How about to 60?

How about +20 weapons and III enchants ?

How long you think that takes time?

Posted

What is your end-game?  Do you expect to be able to go toe-to-toe with those who invest immense amounts of time into the game?  Are you looking for instanced/rated arena style PvP?  Are you looking for instanced end-game PvE?  Are you looking to just enjoy being in the world, engaging in all it has to offer (life skills, combat, exploration, etc.)?

The game is incredible, though I think it has a number of flaws.  I can't think of a perfect game, though, especially a perfect MMO, so I'm accepting of the flaws it has.  

BDO can most definitely be played casually.  The life skills and fishing appear to be things people do exclusively in-game.  Even if you want to casually gear your character, you can do that too, as you don't really run into other criminal players who will PK you very often at all.  If you want to PvP, you're going to have to put in the time to get the gear, but otherwise if you aren't competitively minded, there's so much to enjoy in the game.

Posted

It's reported to have 100,000 active players logging in every day and has more than 11% of the population using the cash shop; so looking at the figures it's doing very well for its first few months. As with any game, there are the small but vocal minority who like to whine about the game and claim it's terrible/dead, but the fact that they are still here shows that the game isn't as bad as they claim. 

Posted

They're faring shitty. No one should sugar coat it. The game is complete crap right now. Desync, lag, broken class. fishing bugs and broken rng.

Posted

It's reported to have 100,000 active players logging in every day and has more than 11% of the population using the cash shop; so looking at the figures it's doing very well for its first few months. As with any game, there are the small but vocal minority who like to whine about the game and claim it's terrible/dead, but the fact that they are still here shows that the game isn't as bad as they claim. 

Please don't listen to him. He is maybe biggest fanboy in here. He is completely delusional about the fact how many people are leaving game. I will be suprised if this game will have 50k left when legion comes out.

Posted (edited)

This would require you to perform the bare minimum requirements to keep your body alive for the 48 hr duration of the grind.

Edited by Greeto

Posted

Unless you're giant then triple the time xD

In case the OP decides to go Zerker, this claim isn't true.  I'm assuming you are using +50% XP scrolls in your times above.  If not, why wouldn't you (unless you slammed it out ASAP or decided to spend your loyalty elsewhere), but if so, as a Zerker I was getting about 12-15% XP per hour in Elric's with the 50% XP scroll, and from 54 - 55 I'm getting about 8% or so XP/hour with the 50% XP scroll.  That puts my times roughly the same as yours.

It really isn't that bad, there's just a hilarious misconception that Zerker is somehow terrible in this game.

Posted (edited)

In case the OP decides to go Zerker, this claim isn't true.  I'm assuming you are using +50% XP scrolls in your times above.  If not, why wouldn't you (unless you slammed it out ASAP or decided to spend your loyalty elsewhere), but if so, as a Zerker I was getting about 12-15% XP per hour in Elric's with the 50% XP scroll, and from 54 - 55 I'm getting about 8% or so XP/hour with the 50% XP scroll.  That puts my times roughly the same as yours.

It really isn't that bad, there's just a hilarious misconception that Zerker is somehow terrible in this game.

Without 50% scrolls. Wasted points pre 55.

Edited by Surrender

Posted

Without 50% scrolls. Wasted points pre 55.

Wasted for you maybe with all that precious time on your hands.  Not wasted for me when I get an occasional hour of grinding in every so often.  It's an incredible way to get the most bang for your time buck.

Even then, it certainly isn't as dramatic as 3x.

Posted

Please don't listen to him. He is maybe biggest fanboy in here. He is completely delusional about the fact how many people are leaving game. I will be suprised if this game will have 50k left when legion comes out.

I've got the facts to back me up friend, it's pathetic that you're not only staying on the forum of a game you hate but that you're BEGGING people to not listen to me, BEGGING. Hilarious really, but still pathetic. Maybe you should use your Youtube nvideo as proof, "look guys 800 people liked this video, game is dying". Lol.

Keep trying friend. :) 100,000 people logging in every day, 120,000 at peak.