• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How is the game faring so far?

102 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm a casual and I love this game. The people in here saying it's not for casuals cause you can't catch up are clearly not casuals.

Casuals don't need to catch up cause they know how to enjoy a game without wanting to be the best of the best. 

Casuals stop playing when there's no progression, this game has endless progression. 

also, if it wasn't about gear, those so called no lifers would still beat you to death because they train pvp all day every day. You know how a casual can beat that? In a p2w game they can spending 1000s of dollars. 

Im having loads of fun doing cooking, alchemy, crafting, enchanting, playing multiple chars, questing and activities that are guild related. Also I've done some pvping, had some good fights and yea there are people that have blown me away, but hey that's part of the game. 

Above all that I'm really looking forward to all new content coming up 

call me a fanboy all you want, but for me this is the best mmo I've played in the last 5 to 10 years

Posted

How it is not fact.

You spend 99% doing pve to be good at pvp because there are no stone/fragment/gear rewards doing pvp.

You have insane enchantment gaps. In valencia you're against +20 weapon and III enchants. They have +100 ap/dp difference compared avarage joe.

This game is all about grinding cashand best cash generator = field bosses which are mandatory unless you want gimp yourself.

I know plenty people who left including myself. We will see in 3 month how state of game is and you will understand that I'm right saying that this game is dying.

It was really never a secret that this game is grindy. Looks to me like you did not inform yourself good enough before you bought the game. Also about which +20 enchants are you complaining? We do not even have that patch yet so seriously dont misslead the OP. Daum even announced already that we will get a weaker 16+ enchantment system than korea has. At least wait first till we get this patch before you already complain.

Posted

It's reported to have 100,000 active players logging in every day and has more than 11% of the population using the cash shop; so looking at the figures it's doing very well for its first few months. As with any game, there are the small but vocal minority who like to whine about the game and claim it's terrible/dead, but the fact that they are still here shows that the game isn't as bad as they claim. 

Yea i agree with you forum are normaly not even 1% of the population so who care lol,The game does have problems like any mmo in the last 15 years so aint gona change anytime soon but BDO does have alot of things to do if you aint a mob grinder that get nowhere and get bored after 4-5 days of it.

Posted

I've got the facts to back me up friend, it's pathetic that you're not only staying on the forum of a game you hate but that you're BEGGING people to not listen to me, BEGGING. Hilarious really, but still pathetic. Maybe you should use your Youtube nvideo as proof, "look guys 800 people liked this video, game is dying". Lol.

Keep trying friend. :) 100,000 people logging in every day, 120,000 at peak.

Holy crap Plunge you take whiteknighting to a whole new level - nothing wrong with supporting the game you enjoy but man you would give the whiteknights at over on the Rift forums a run for their money. RIFT ISN'T PTW - Yes it is...not being able to access 2 x earring slots and leg slots without paying money is definition of PTW. 
BDO is nothing like that and I pray to god it never is.

ALL the content is available to play. Cash shop is minor conveniences. The game is what you make it so make it fun.

Posted

It was really never a secret that this game is grindy. Looks to me like you did not inform yourself good enough before you bought the game. Also about which +20 enchants are you complaining? We do not even have that patch yet so seriously dont misslead the OP. Daum even announced already that we will get a weaker 16+ enchantment system than korea has. At least wait first till we get this patch before you already complain.

I don't want him sacrifice so much time only later to realize he wants to quit because he can't compete against +18-20 weapon enchants and III acessories.

Enchants in this game give too much value which makes this game more gear than skill oriented.

Posted

I really like BDO, love the combat,  the scenery, the exploration, the pvp.  What I hate is the lack of patches trying to fix bugs or broken classes.  Such as the grab bug, the desync and ofcourse the musa/maewha ap/dp bug.

Posted

the game is fun, a lot of things to do but in the end it all about the grind lolz maxresdefault.jpg

Posted

This game is doing great, despite the false opinion these forum goers will tell you. It has tons of players, lots of content outside outside PVE/PVP. If you deicde to paly do not look at this forum for any help or actual opinions. It is a cesspool of complainers and whiners. This forum is not at all representative of the actual in game community or the game itself. 

Posted

BDO is flawed and the staff is not so great about communicating.

Still far and away my favorite game right now and I have no problems recommending it just keep in mind at it's core it's still a Korean grinder.

1 person likes this

Posted

Prove me wrong then, can't use the argument "they lied about numbers" as that's completely baseless and weak. Just because one company does something doesn't mean that every company does it; welcome to logical fallacies. :) 

Hey, you follow articles to proof us wrong that doesn't even provide any actual proof other than "100k on at any given time". Companies simply lie about figures, which is considered fraude. Oh wait. Daum has a track record of fraude in just 2 months of time. The "T5" horse and not to forget changing costume apearances after already being in the game and sold to players. Yes, both these things are considered FRAUDE. Your turn.

Posted

In a nutshell if you want to be competitive and have the best and perform the best, it is p2w and grindy. If you want to just kick back and do your thing til cap, it  is fairly fun but gets boring after a bit. I say give it a try regardless....M

Posted

in korea grinding is considered the most fun and useful thing you can do with your life

have some cultural sensitivity ffs

Posted

Actually, I love PvPing in this game.  If anything, gear frees you from the pressure of worrying about losing.  Who cares if you lose when someone outgears you?  The spars I've had so far have been some of the most fun bouts of PvP I've had in a game.  It isn't necessarily the most mechanically complex 1v1 situation, where a game like Blade and Soul shines, but there are still all kinds of meta elements when it comes to timings, initiations, anticipation, knowing your opponent, etc. that make it a heck of a lot of fun.

Or maybe I'm just lucky that those elements really shine in Zerker play with the super armor/mobility/CC toolkit I have at my disposal.

Meta elements? Like design crutches such as Korean pot spamming and 2 second TTKs? I have no idea why people think the combat in the game is so amazing, GW2 is superior in literally every way.

Not only is the RNG vertical stat progression terrible pvp design, but the game has the among the worst class balance I have seen in 14 years on MMOs. Horse wizards have mobility and can insta cast massive AOEs that do insane damage and have amazing CC. How is something so blatantly OP even make it into the game? But I suppose if you think the zerker is good you really are clueless about pvp in this game.

Posted

There's too damn many people everywhere still.

I thought for sure all these lookie loos would get bored and start whining / quitting within the first 3 weeks like literally half the people who bought Rift, GW2, ElderScrolls, Wildstar, etc all did.  ....nope, they're still freaking here taking my rare nodes and making my FPS drop in all the major towns

Posted

So I was thining of buying this game on launch, but I thought... Let's wait a little bit...

How is it going now? Like can it be played casually or is it a pay to win game, or is there anything going on with like loads of goldsellers etc? 

After jumping early on the Archage boat I was really frustrated so I am checking some video's now.. And I am also trying to make up my mind wether this is very grindy or if I can play it casually. 

What would you guys say? To people asking wether they should jump on this boat? 

I play the game at my leisure. There is quite a bit to get involved with in the game insofar as Life Skills, Knowledge Seekers (questing/exploration) and/or straight up combat if you like. The truth about BDO is that YOU decide how you want to play it.

Posted

Please don't listen to him. He is maybe biggest fanboy in here. He is completely delusional about the fact how many people are leaving game. I will be suprised if this game will have 50k left when legion comes out.

Much as I love a good BDO negative circle jerk, you crop up again and again saying the same shit.

Legion can suck 1000 dicks. Blizzard the biggest bunch of douchenozzles out and they rely solely on nostalgia to keep powering that joke of a game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well if you are waiting for the serves to die down you need to keep waiting, months after launch their still full of players every night.

It's not like other MMO's where you need to become max level and obtain the unobtainum sword before you can have fun. You should be having fun on day 1.

Posted

Much as I love a good BDO negative circle jerk, you crop up again and again saying the same shit.
Legion can suck 1000 dicks. Blizzard the biggest bunch of douchenozzles out and they rely solely on nostalgia to keep powering that joke of a game.

But... but... Overwatch is great :(

Posted (edited)

So I was thining of buying this game on launch, but I thought... Let's wait a little bit...

How is it going now? Like can it be played casually or is it a pay to win game, or is there anything going on with like loads of goldsellers etc? 

After jumping early on the Archage boat I was really frustrated so I am checking some video's now.. And I am also trying to make up my mind wether this is very grindy or if I can play it casually. 

What would you guys say? To people asking wether they should jump on this boat? 

Honestly, if you are on the fence already I'd look toward a different game. I myself just quit this game after only a couple months and I preordered the $100 edition. I don't entirely regret my purchase and I'm not part of the crowd that is angry and demanding refunds, but I also don't believe the game ended up being nearly worth my money, far far too many problems with it that overshadow the good stuff. Live and learn.

If you have disposable income, go for it, you might like it. But if you don't then your money is likely better spent elsewhere.

Edited by Newb

Posted

A non-hardcore player's perspective (mine):

It's awesome.  I love the graphics, sound, variety of scenery and how alive the world feels.  My server is crowded - Edan - with players everywhere.  The game is incredibly deep and complex - like no other MMO I've ever experienced.  Makes ESO, GW2 and SWTOR feel shallow and kiddie-oriented.  There's a TON of stuff to do and content to explore.  I personally love the very steep learning curve - YMMV.

Posted

>Buy Overwatch when it comes out

>Have more fun than you will ever have in Black Desert Online

this

OK I read what everyone else said & it's really sad to find people so butthurt of who knows what.. to the point of calling a game of this quality, crap, bad, garbage.. & various other stuff, I would suggest the OP to ignore those trolls because that's what they are, big bad trolls, this game is a blessing & anything else that came before it can't even touch the depth, the quality, the imagination & the brilliance that is hided behind the development of this amazing game, I was w8ing for over a decade to play a game as good as this one, now if you ask me if I believe that the game is perfect I would say ofc no, but what is it? there is many problems many times those probs are different for each one but in the end this doesn't chance the fact that this game is brilliant! the devs put all their magic, all their imagination, all their heart & every bit of inspiration they could find & the result is this raw diamond we have here, & believe me when I say that, all the game needs to truly shine brighter than anything before it, is a bit more polishing, when PA finish with the final touches I can't even imagine how amazing is going to be & also I can't w8 to experience it myself :)

i dont think the game is bad but you comment.. the game has problems? Blessing? my bless is if you gtfo

Posted

I'd say hold off much longer if you are planning to do any actual investing in this game, this game has a ton of potential but the current direction its heading is very shaky, the poor management by our publishers plus a number of unpleasant bugs could quite easily lead this game down the same road as archage. perhaps if daum's act turns around it'd be worth it to buy into this game, but as it is it seems like it'd just be a wasted investment. 

Posted (edited)

You're going to hear a lot from both sides, so I'm just going to give you the whatever information I can

1. The goldsellers have been taken care of. They added a function that filters out any messages containing whatever you set it to. So just add www and wvvw and you should be fine. I haven't seen one for weeks with the filters I am using.

2. The game in not pay to win, but could be considered pay for convenience. For example, extra inv space or a whistle that allows you to call your mount from farther away. The only item that actually gives anyone a real advantage is a type of plant-costume that hides your name tag that appears above your character while you are wearing it. However, the community sucks, and these people will complain about EVERYTHING. Because of this one item, lots of players will scream that this game is completely pay to win. Anyone who has played a game that is actually pay to win will understand that this is not the case for BDO.

3. As for the grinding vs casual, my answer would be both. If you want to be a hardcore pvp-er then you will need to grind day and night (unless you are ridiculously lucky with RNG). However, there are a ton of other things to do in this game. I have been playing very casually ever since the conq head start and have been fine. There is gathering, crafting, fishing, whaling, cooking taming, breeding, farming, you could be a traveling merchant, there are literally thousands of quests, world bosses, and guild wars. Plus there will be node wars and castle sieges, along with lots of naval stuff coming out later. I focus on all of these types of things instead of pvp. I have gone weeks without fighting a mob and only done naval exploration and other non-combat activities like cooking and horse taming/breeding. So no matter which play style you have, you should be fine. Even if you do not have much time to play every day, there are many afk activities you can have your character do to help make up for it, including leveling up horses, fishing, and having workers gather items for you.

Summary: Avoid the toxic community at all costs, and you will love the game. Like seriously, never leave the Announcements, Events, and Patch Notes pages of the forums. The people on these forums are 90% trolls, have no idea what they are talking about, or angry kids. Other than that, the game itself is amazing.

Edit: This is all from a more casual experience perspective. It isn't including some negatives such as class imbalances that only matter in pvp (and sometimes world bosses but I don't find it too much of a big deal for them), but I would rather just choose a class that has fun play style anyways

Edit 2: If you are on NA servers, I would recommend Uno or Orwen, I've heard more negative things about Edan than the other two.

Edited by Alicization

Posted

Are you retarded? So the hackers and bots aren't an issue? The insane RNG isn't an issue? The overpriced cash shop with borderline p2w items isn't an issue? The desync isn't an issue? Terrible class balance isn't an issue? Ontop of that two broken classes? Field bosses aren't an issue? Hidden stats aren't an issue? Terrible customer service and communication isn't an issue? Please wake up from Wonderland  Alice, because this game has a lot of problems

Hackers aren't an issue, because aside from a few deaths here and there it doesn't really bother anyone. RNG isn't an issue because it's a korean game and has been that way since launch. Everyone who even took 5 minutes to research this game knew this before the game came out. The overpriced cash shop items are NOT an issue whatsoever because you DO NOT have to buy anything to enjoy the game or be effective, and there is not a damn thing in this game that is even close to being P2W. The desync isn't an issue because it works for you and against you. The desync effects everyone and does not make the game unplayable whatsoever. We have Aussies in our guild that play just fine. Terrible class balance? Aside from sorc having a few more tools at their disposal than other classes, they aren't unbeatable and every other class when played properly are perfectly balanced (this really is a l2p response) 2 broken classes? Musa/Maehwa aren't broken, they just require a brain to use. The only thing I can say is their damage should be increased a tad bit, but hardly broken. Nothing has been confirmed and now through player testing it's beginning to debunk a lot of this bullshit broken class stuff people are spouting out. What about field bosses are an issue? They are field bosses that can be zerged. They will 1 shot people because it's the only way from completely trivializing the content even more than it already is. Hidden stats are not an issue whatsoever. Some people can do maths and testing and have very clearly shown how stats work and what thresholds you should be aiming for. Just because you want your hand held, does not mean it's an issue. Terrible customer service and communication? You mean a publisher that has to deal with a developer and get answers from the developer before they can release information to us is terrible service? They respond as quickly as they can on giving information when they are allowed to. The only thing I would like to see is they hire more staff to deal with tickets and in game issues. The sky is not falling. Just because you like to ----- about everything doesn't mean shit is broken. You're more than welcome to leave the game. Having less people like you around makes any game better.

If you want pvp avoid this game.

It's 99% gear which is largely acquired in the crafting casino.

This is great for people who grind 12 hours a day and can afford many upgrade attempts.

The 'best' pvp players are basically the guy from the south park Wow episode. Among the worst social rejects in the genre, which this game rewards. They are basically drug/gambling addicts.

Yup, totally hit this on the head. I mean being married with 2 kids, a full time job and being present at the plethora of extra curricular programs my kids participate in and still hitting 55 with full +15 gear, liverto, couple pieces of boss armor and spending the money I earn afk fishing the time I'm not on actively playing to purchase jewelry to pri and duo makes me a social reject. Man, I never knew. Thanks for bringing this to fruition for me. 

Don't be mad because you can't optimize your time. You're probably the guy that works a dead end job for 30 years complaining every day he wakes up and contemplates suicide because he's too stupid to do things a better way. I get it, life is hard bro. Hopefully you have a shoulder to cry on.

Posted

Yeah it's decent at start but hype dies especially when people learn more about this game.

You mean like every game to ever come out? What game ever lives up to the crazy expectations of the masses?