• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ultrawide Monitor

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Quick question.

Black desert online does support ultrawide 3440x1440p. But what fps are you getting? and what settings are you using? I have a 980ti I just wanted to see before buying a ultrawide.

Posted

I have 4 Ultra wide monitors and I get between 90 to 150 fps 90 being the lowest I have seen doing World Bosses but then again I am running Dual GPU's and Dual CpU's :) 

Posted (edited)

i use the Dell UltraSharp U3415W curved on 2x 980ti gtx sc as gaming screen running native 3440x1440. always above 60fps. only thing im passing out setting wise is the high-end mode as i understand its "in construction" and not optimized. It would run perfectly fine also on just one card btw even with this resolution (only thing you may need to do is lower AA or turn it off which at this resolution isnt that necessary anyway)

the system runs in a 3 monitor setup, flanked by 2x 27" 2560x1440 (utilities + vid)

in difference to other games i didnt had to do any modifications or special tweaks for Ultrawide and found BDO working very nicely out of the box with it.

Edited by Nirax
the voices told me to

Posted

I just bought a 4 gtx 1080 Alienware 16. And I run the game at 300 fps no matter what

Posted

I just bought a 4 gtx 1080 Alienware 16. And I run the game at 300 fps no matter what

Mmmm - the subtle smell of BS....

Posted

Mmmm - the subtle smell of BS....

*om nom nom*

Posted

i use the Dell UltraSharp U3415W curved on 2x 980ti gtx sc as gaming screen running native 3440x1440. always above 60fps. only thing im passing out setting wise is the high-end mode as i understand its "in construction" and not optimized. It would run perfectly fine also on just one card btw even with this resolution (only thing you may need to do is lower AA or turn it off which at this resolution isnt that necessary anyway)

the system runs in a 3 monitor setup, flanked by 2x 27" 2560x1440 (utilities + vid)

in difference to other games i didnt had to do any modifications or special tweaks for Ultrawide and found BDO working very nicely out of the box with it.

Do you like that monitor? That was the monitor I was looking at buying or the Dell S2716DG or a LG Ultrawide.

Posted

You can set up with normal FHD monitors. I am sure pretty much players want do it.

multimonitor_01.jpg

But market has many 4:3 monitors for lower prices, you can do it too, like here with 21 inch monitors. Even with more cheaper 17 / 19 inch monitors can do it too.
The vertical resolution from 17/19 is 1024, which is not far from 1080 pixels with full HD monitors. You won't miss much pixels. 17 inch monitor is old, and costs you just 5-10 Euro if you can find them. Very cheap. But 1200 pixels starts with 20/21 inch monitors.

1.jpg

This is very expensive with ultrawide monitors, extreme one too.

maxresdefault.jpg

If you have not much money and like ultrawide, one monitor will do it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Modern videocards can drive 3 monitors because they have already 3 video outputs behind.

Oh, market has already curved gaming monitors, which makes 3-monitor setup nice in round form.

Minecraft-Curved-Monitor.jpg

And 3x2 monitor setup is also extreme. Few players might have it - you need very strong videocard!

f313837d8f4da9a4829b2e646c07f67e.jpg

I play with dual monitor setup, but one screen for gaming and other for information.

Posted (edited)

Do you like that monitor? That was the monitor I was looking at buying or the Dell S2716DG or a LG Ultrawide.

yes i have no complains. important for me was that it has an IPS display and as i also do photography on an amateur basis the color quality of the IPS would be required. screen speed is good and i have no complaints neither in mmo´s nor fps gaming. 

Heres the best test im aware of, which also covers input lag, response time, (which is why old screens are usually not really a good choice for games in a multimonitor "wide" setup), bleeding etc. 

thats how it looks in rl. (the 34" screen is huger than the shot may suggest and covers ~70% of the desk length) as for a horizontal gaming length its perfect. i already start missing on chats if i place the boxes on the outer corners as your eye wont actively cover all screensize

Rl3qQZR.jpg

Edited by Nirax

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0