• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

184 posts in this topic

Posted

Elions Tear is bullshit, period. Always has been, always will be when it comes to world bosses. It's also a MUST if you plan to level past the cap, because being randomly ganked by hackers and losing over an hours worth of work is not fun.

Since the start people called it out as being bullshit, lazy peon is 100% correct in his descrption of this item. Insta res at boss, do more damage, better loot.

The thing that bothers me most about tears is that as long as they are in, there is no incentive for PA/DAUM to design legitimate boss encounters.  The bosses will continue to have instagib mechanics because that encourages more people to buy tears.  I often refer to world bosses as a "Daum Fundraiser".  When Bheg pitches his temper tantrum, people on voice would say stuff like "There goes 20.00 towards the Daum fundraiser.".    I want Elion's tears removed from the game so there are actual penalties to death but I also want them to either remove the boss encounters or design boss encounters that aren't cheap cash grabs.

1 person likes this

Posted

The thing that bothers me most about tears is that as long as they are in, there is no incentive for PA/DAUM to design legitimate boss encounters.  The bosses will continue to have instagib mechanics because that encourages more people to buy tears.  I often refer to world bosses as a "Daum Fundraiser".  When Bheg pitches his temper tantrum, people on voice would say stuff like "There goes 20.00 towards the Daum fundraiser.".    I want Elion's tears removed from the game so there are actual penalties to death but I also want them to either remove the boss encounters or design boss encounters that aren't cheap cash grabs.

I know, I've watched it enough times. That item needs to be gone.

Posted

Shop granting major advantages like Tears making this rip off game p2w as f.

Tears are no way to give you advantages in PVP, u use one, u spawn with 50hp then die. In PVE u save like 1%? exp which is like an hr at certain levels. It really isn't that bad.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tears are no way to give you advantages in PVP, u use one, u spawn with 50hp then die. In PVE u save like 1%? exp which is like an hr at certain levels. It really isn't that bad.

You're right, you only lose 1 percent XP and as you stated at 56, that is about 1 hour of XP.  The problem is that when fighting bosses people don't often use just one tear.  If you chain a bunch of bosses you can easily end up using 20 tears because of the cheesy one shot mechanics.  Suddenly, that 1 percent becomes a very significant amount (20 percent).  Not to mention, as others have stated, you are getting more up time on world bosses which gives you a much better chance at loot.

Posted

Tears confer major advantages at bosses tho. And boss gear in turn will make you op in pvp. These clever Koreans.

Posted

This game isn't p2w, but has items for "convenience" that accelerate your growth (or horses) in the long run and are unattainable through in-game means.

Problem is, unlike other games that has a cap on levels, this one doesn't, so the convenience items provide more value over time and eventually a large noticeable advantage.

Skyforge followed this path, but made it obvious that it was a p2w game.

Posted

@kirsch

lol

there is only one thing I am interested in seeing from Plunge, and we both know what it is

until he is capable of responding to the whole "blatant lies" thing, what is the point of reading and responding to anything he posts?

I already know what he does once he gets backed into a corner.

Posted

lol

there is only one thing I am interested in seeing from Plunge, and we both know what it is

until he is capable of responding to the whole "blatant lies" thing, what is the point of reading and responding to anything he posts?

I already know what he does once he gets backed into a corner.

@Plunge how do you respond to these claims?

1 person likes this

Posted

but it is

Posted

If you can buy an advantage in a game shop, the game is P2W. 

This is not in anyway singling BDO out, it is actually what P2W means.  

Whether or not someone thinks BDO is P2W we all have opinions.

My personal opinion it felt slightly P2W when Ghillie suits were first introduced and it seems every new cash shop update they push it further and further into the P2W column.  Truthfully they are not far from selling a costume that increases your XP.  At that point they'll have an xp increasing costume, a horse xp increasing item, increase in drop quality items (luck undies), Tears, Ghillies and other suits that give random advantages.  

Posted

I dont know why people are still defending the mentality of "buy my game and while you´re at it buy some other stuffs too that makes things easier and you get nice little perks" which is just wrong.

We either buy a game and get a shop that only offers things like outfits and whatnot (like MOBAS do and they do it right) or we get a free 2 play game and the store can do whatever it wants (archage all over again when you are doing it bad).

I dont really see a reason to be competetive in this game at all, i struggle myself not to buy anything in the shop but the game just gimps you in a way that it wants you to buy shyt from it (Pets, inventory space, weight limit and your ugly armor you never change).

We will see in like 6 months or so if the game is still buy to play or is falling down the free to play road and how p2w the game is later on the road. It obviously starts small but im 100% sure the perks you get out of the cash shop will increase gradually.

Posted

Elion's tears most certainly do preserve your XP when you die.  When you die, you lose one (1) percent XP, if you utilize a Elion's tear to resurrect yourself on the spot it returns the one percent that you lost.  How is anybody supposed to take you seriously when you are completely ignorant of one of the most important issues with Elion's tears?  Losing one percent at 55+ is fairly significant.  

don't die, git gud? dont tell me you're dying to manshas. or did you think were tough and got one shotted from an ogre?

Posted

If you can buy an advantage in a game shop, the game is P2W. 

This is not in anyway singling BDO out, it is actually what P2W means.  

Whether or not someone thinks BDO is P2W we all have opinions.

My personal opinion it felt slightly P2W when Ghillie suits were first introduced and it seems every new cash shop update they push it further and further into the P2W column.  Truthfully they are not far from selling a costume that increases your XP.  At that point they'll have an xp increasing costume, a horse xp increasing item, increase in drop quality items (luck undies), Tears, Ghillies and other suits that give random advantages.  

Sorry to break it to you but we already have xp bonus outfits, you get a 10% bonus xp when wearing any outfit set from the cash shop. And you can even get another 9% bonus xp from pets if you want to play it lose with your wallet and some good ol rng. 

Posted

good goy OP defending a p2w game

oy vey, how many shekels will you continue to spend?

1 person likes this

Posted

One question. How did you manage to get 89 bag spaces? I'm just asking because all guides I've looked at say the max is 56ish.

Posted

One question. How did you manage to get 89 bag spaces? I'm just asking because all guides I've looked at say the max is 56ish.

^ I am also curious about this

1 person likes this

Posted

^ I am also curious about this

They probably used loyalties or pearl to buy extra slots

Posted

When one can leverage his/her wallet against someone who cant, gaining an edge on the person not paying...

THAT IS WHAT IS P2W

It doesnt matter how big the edge, it's there.

People in the real world pay crazy money to gain edges. Even if the edge is as small as 1% or as short as a second

Posted

They probably used loyalties or pearl to buy extra slots

They said it was from quests. Not from buying. 

Posted

Of course it isn't p2w, it is "pay to compete" . It is like you enroll an obstacle race for 30$, but if you pay 100$ some of those obstacles are removed and it is just a regular race for you. You won't win, but are more likely to do it than those who won't. What is more, all of the racers have the same white dorsal, but if you pay 1$ you get one from a random color, even one you despise.

Sorry for my English, but I think you'll understand the idea. 
I like the game, but denying it's p2w is useless.

Posted

They said it was from quests. Not from buying. 

Pretty sure quests only give you up to 55 slots though. Don't know what OP is talking about.

Posted

It is not p2w because i cant buy kzarka weapon and boss armor in the shop.

Posted

Stop -----ing around with P2W just play or gtfo .

Posted

Pretty sure quests only give you up to 55 slots though. Don't know what OP is talking about.

Yeah that's all I could find when looking around. But if he's making claims that there is ways to get more from quests, I'd like to know how.  

Posted

There are many topic's about "P2W" in BDO. Please use search function, thanks. 

Edit: We've reopened the post, please keep it civilized if you wish to have a discussion about this topic, otherwise the post will be locked for good as there are already a lot about this subject.