• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

world bosses are more than fine.

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

First of all this post is about world bosses/field bosses

Okay i have played many mmorpgs in my days even going back to EQ, and ive never seen a bunch of whiny people about gearing and bosses in a game like this game.

This game has amazing world bosses mechanics if you look at it, in other games, for the most part all you do is sit there close your eyes and smash your keyboard this the boss is dead and you get loot. wheres the fun in that? in this game if your not on your toes for the whole fight you'll die in seconds , but that doesn't mean its always like that. When i first went to bheg (and we all know the pain in the ass he is) i died like 30 times and lost all my exp and crystals and got pk once, but i didn't cry about it i learned from him saw what he does and now when i go i maybe die to him once if i make a mistake or some trys to kill me but the entire fight im on my toes until hes dead and that is  really fun for me.

And this  whole thing about having to be geared to be good dps for good loot and new players not being able to compete .....

WELL WTF DO YOU WANT TO HAVE CRAP GEAR AND CRAP DPS AND GET THE BEST WEAPON IN THE GAME? WHY ARE NEW PLAYERS AT END GAME BOSSES???

No this game rewards the pros for learning the game and getting geared before trying to get the best gear, which is not hard to get geared to the point where you do good dps to a world boss enough to get a liverto, it took me a week to get my yuria to +15 and off hand to +10 to be able to do world bosses and get great loot , its a damn world end game boss what do you want to be under geared and being able to get better loot than the people who took there time to get geared first? its like playing another game getting to max level and on the first day at max level with no end game gear go to the hardest raid and expect to get the best loot in the game within a week, someone tell me on what really mmorpg can you get the best loot in the game after being a new player thats never played before withing a month???

For the poeple out there like ptv wiggles that says he gets to much loot and finds it unfair and says there should be a cd on the boss if you got loot cause he wants others to get a chance at it ......... just dont freaking go! in anygame if you kill the same boss that drops loot your ganna keep getting loot but if you have the loot and dont need it and want others to get it then why in the blue hell are you still killing it????????

idk its seams people got more greedy over time and wants everything to be handed to them and doesn't want a challenge in the game or wants to rush to be super geared and the complain about life, just play the game its quite easy if you try.

end of the day bdo did a great job and end game bosses, gj guys!

Edited by lerinzo
title was wrong
3 people like this

Posted

the only real problem with the bosses currently is that since there are 2 loot tables (if what we have been led to believe from daum staff) and that only top dps (across the board) are put into the second loot table it makes certain classes significantly less effective.

to the point of forcing alot of players to make wizard or ranger alts to have a chance at top dps bracket.

one potential change to this is separate the top dps loot bracket into different segments, for example separating it into melee and ranged. another option is to seperate it on a class by class system( top 5 dps rangers get into it , top 5 wizards , top 5 warriors etc....) that way people dont feel penalized for playing the class they enjoy.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

All good players on ALL classes get loot everytime they do it. Melee or not.

Those who dont need to either learn boss mechanics, get better gear to DPS more, or just git gud. Its not the class its the player.

So yes, world bosses are fine.

Edited by Ulcaster

Posted

The OP is wrong on so many levels it is laughable. Go troll somewhere else.

3 people like this

Posted

First of all this post is about world bosses/field bosses

Okay i have played many mmorpgs in my days even going back to EQ, and ive never seen a bunch of whiny people about gearing and bosses in a game like this game.

This game has amazing world bosses mechanics if you look at it, in other games, for the most part all you do is sit there close your eyes and smash your keyboard this the boss is dead and you get loot. wheres the fun in that? in this game if your not on your toes for the whole fight you'll die in seconds , but that doesn't mean its always like that. When i first went to bheg (and we all know the pain in the ass he is) i died like 30 times and lost all my exp and crystals and got pk once, but i didn't cry about it i learned from him saw what he does and now when i go i maybe die to him once if i make a mistake or some trys to kill me but the entire fight im on my toes until hes dead and that is  really fun for me.

And this  whole thing about having to be geared to be good dps for good loot and new players not being able to compete .....

WELL WTF DO YOU WANT TO HAVE CRAP GEAR AND CRAP DPS AND GET THE BEST WEAPON IN THE GAME? WHY ARE NEW PLAYERS AT END GAME BOSSES???

No this game rewards the pros for learning the game and getting geared before trying to get the best gear, which is not hard to get geared to the point where you do good dps to a world boss enough to get a liverto, it took me a week to get my yuria to +15 and off hand to +10 to be able to do world bosses and get great loot , its a damn world end game boss what do you want to be under geared and being able to get better loot than the people who took there time to get geared first? its like playing another game getting to max level and on the first day at max level with no end game gear go to the hardest raid and expect to get the best loot in the game within a week, someone tell me on what really mmorpg can you get the best loot in the game after being a new player thats never played before withing a month???

For the poeple out there like ptv wiggles that says he gets to much loot and finds it unfair and says there should be a cd on the boss if you got loot cause he wants others to get a chance at it ......... just dont freaking go! in anygame if you kill the same boss that drops loot your ganna keep getting loot but if you have the loot and dont need it and want others to get it then why in the blue hell are you still killing it????????

idk its seams people got more greedy over time and wants everything to be handed to them and doesn't want a challenge in the game or wants to rush to be super geared and the complain about life, just play the game its quite easy if you try.

end of the day bdo did a great job and end game bosses, gj guys!

Tell me why world bosses kill melee classes more often than ranged classes. It should be an equivalent death ratio.

3 people like this

Posted

All good players on ALL classes get loot everytime they do it. Melee or not.

Those who dont need to either learn boss mechanics, get better gear to DPS more, or just git gud. Its not the class its the player.

So yes, world bosses are fine.

there are two different loot tables (if what we have been told by duam is true)

theres the participation loot that damn near everybody gets (typically a gold bar , some black stones, and hunter seals)

and theres the loot table for the ''rare'' loot like a kzarka , liverto , boss gear , tree belt etc.....

the point is again , if what daum has said to be true, that only the top dps (ive heard 50 , 40 aswell as 20) are put into that loot table. meaning only those top dps players have a chance, again only them have the chance, to get said ''rare'' loot.

meaning certain classes  just based on the fact that they are playing that class, are resigned to practically never even getting into that loot table , let alone getting that loot at all.

which is why i said the things i said, like seperating the ''rare'' loot table into melee/ranged , or potentially on a class based system so all classes atleast have a chance to get said loot, which would promote class diversity aswell as encourage players to play what they like , and not the ''op'' classes just to have a chance for loot.

2 people like this

Posted

OP writes a huge wall of text to fanboy World Bosses, and then defends the strong getting stronger by getting a better weapon or selling it for 9M, like really? Let's drive a even larger wedge between those with a life and those without, yeah, that sounds great...

World Bosses should trigger a Quest for those within range when it spawns, everyone there who damages it till it dies, will receive a Large Boss Bundle, this bundle would have an improved loot table than those offered for completing Scroll Bosses, that way EVERYONE who is of the level 50+ who stayed there and actively engaged the boss, would benefit, and not just those who really don't need another 9M or larger AP score...

2 people like this

Posted

OP writes a huge wall of text to fanboy World Bosses, and then defends the strong getting stronger by getting a better weapon or selling it for 9M, like really? Let's drive a even larger wedge between those with a life and those without, yeah, that sounds great...

World Bosses should trigger a Quest for those within range when it spawns, everyone there who damages it till it dies, will receive a Large Boss Bundle, this bundle would have an improved loot table than those offered for completing Scroll Bosses, that way EVERYONE who is of the level 50+ who stayed there and actively engaged the boss, would benefit, and not just those who really don't need another 9M or larger AP score...

listen dude idk what other games you've played but in most game and in real life the more effort you put into the game the more you get out of it so for "those with a life" cant get all the other things than "those wihtout" then its more than fine in my eyes, they put in way more time into the game so they should be rewarded with it, unless you feel it should always be equal and screw the amount of time you put into something

that being said "those with a life" will still be able to get there liverto and other loot once they put in enough time to there toon which if you have a life will be longer than others but at the end of the day your ganna get it sooner or later so dont cry about the strong getting stronger when the strong put in twice the amount of time than the weaker , thats life and im not defending it im just saying its sounds fair to me.

Posted (edited)

This game has amazing world bosses mechanics if you look at it, in other games, for the most part all you do is sit there close your eyes and smash your keyboard this the boss is dead and you get loot.

I can do this on wizard/witch/ranger, easy. Everything else is drivel and obvious bait. 

Edited by EvilCloud5

Posted

listen dude idk what other games you've played but in most game and in real life the more effort you put into the game the more you get out of it so for "those with a life" cant get all the other things than "those wihtout" then its more than fine in my eyes, they put in way more time into the game so they should be rewarded with it, unless you feel it should always be equal and screw the amount of time you put into something

that being said "those with a life" will still be able to get there liverto and other loot once they put in enough time to there toon which if you have a life will be longer than others but at the end of the day your ganna get it sooner or later so dont cry about the strong getting stronger when the strong put in twice the amount of time than the weaker , thats life and im not defending it im just saying its sounds fair to me.

But there is NO time investment here with World Bosses, besides the time it takes to down it, right? So why should those people who are already strong, be the only ones rewarded for their time spent there? Listen I get it, and I agree that people who invest more time should indeed be stronger than those who barely play during the week. But that's not what I'm "Crying" about, it's the fact that those people who are already strong, are the ONLY ones profiting from their time spent at the World Boss, those who REALLY need it, are never going to get it, because high AP (120+) are going to be the ones being rewarded, while the others will maybe get, keyword being MAYBE, get 100k Silver and a few Hunter Seals, and maybe a Weapon/Armor blackstone?

What sounds fair to you, sounds like the direct opposite to me.

Posted (edited)

I can do this on wizard/witch/ranger, easy.

try that on bheg or rednose or tree boss or mudster , wait thats all of them, wait they all have ranged skills that one shot, wait you have to pay attention even if your ranged to not die?

so it may be easier as a ranged but you can still die if dont know what the bosses do

But there is NO time investment here with World Bosses, besides the time it takes to down it, right? So why should those people who are already strong, be the only ones rewarded for their time spent there? Listen I get it, and I agree that people who invest more time should indeed be stronger than those who barely play during the week. But that's not what I'm "Crying" about, it's the fact that those people who are already strong, are the ONLY ones profiting from their time spent at the World Boss, those who REALLY need it, are never going to get it, because high AP (120+) are going to be the ones being rewarded, while the others will maybe get, keyword being MAYBE, get 100k Silver and a few Hunter Seals, and maybe a Weapon/Armor blackstone?

What sounds fair to you, sounds like the direct opposite to me.

wait so your telling me a thing called a world boss thats meant for end game geared poeple to do and people who arent end game geared should also get rare loot from it is fair? or someone who is end game geared (100 ap+) and mind you its 40 of them that get a chance at it not just 1 or 2 top dps get it all the time, they shouldnt be the ones getting it? 

if your not at that 100+ ap point then dont expect rare loot and dont waste time on it, it doesnt take long to get there just play the game till you are there then go for it but untill then dont worry about those who are getting it.

in every single game you dont do end game content till your geared enough to do it but in BDO you can do not geared but you wont get good loot from it, but you get something which seams ok for me i dont see where the bad is.

Edited by lerinzo

Posted

IRL the more effort you put into a GAME is an indication of how much more free time you have.  It is somewhat sad you think it means they 'deserve' anything because they can play a game 24/7.  They should definitely not be punished for making their own choices in life that led to this abundance of free time, but they will naturally have more in the game anyways, they don't need game mechanics to help them achieve this.

1 person likes this

Posted

UjeVMcE.png

Posted

try that on bheg or rednose or tree boss or mudster , wait thats all of them, wait they all have ranged skills that one shot, wait you have to pay attention even if your ranged to not die?

so it may be easier as a ranged but you can still die if dont know what the bosses do

wait so your telling me a thing called a world boss thats meant for end game geared poeple to do and people who arent end game geared should also get rare loot from it is fair? or someone who is end game geared (100 ap+) and mind you its 40 of them that get a chance at it not just 1 or 2 top dps get it all the time, they shouldnt be the ones getting it? 

if your not at that 100+ ap point then dont expect rare loot and dont waste time on it, it doesnt take long to get there just play the game till you are there then go for it but untill then dont worry about those who are getting it.

in every single game you dont do end game content till your geared enough to do it but in BDO you can do not geared but you wont get good loot from it, but you get something which seams ok for me i dont see where the bad is.

Alright, I'm done, you obviously don't know what, "Fair" means, so I'm done with this conversation.

Posted

Field bosses ruins the game. When i say fieldbosses i mean Bheg, Rednose and Dim tree. They are so boring. But you have to keep going if you wants to stay competetive. 
Lots of people leaving the game just cause they don't want to do fieldbosses all the time. Let's remove them from the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

You really shouldn't start your post with the most blatant -----ing lie imagineable.

"This game has amazing world bosses mechanics if you look at it"

I...

...lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

The Bossmechanics are crap, cause they favour ranged, give with basic attacks random oneshots ( desync ) u cant avoid all and if u do, ranged just out dps while u dodge..

The only reason why meeles gets many loot imho is that there aren´t 40+ ranger/wizards with lvl 55+ 15+ gear at bosses. Give the players time to catch up and meeles will get less and less loot.

Posted (edited)

These bosses really show the shallowness of the combat in this game. There aren't a wide variety of patterns to learn, each boss has about 3 attacks and 2 specials, no movement to be wary of, and no finesse required to do max dps rotations. You're just standing in place until they turn at you, then you sidestep until they turn away from you. Even as melee that's all it boils down to, with the occasional backstepping away. There's basically no learning to be had because there's so few attacks and such simple telegraphs. The only deaths I get now are from the boss warping around from server lag.

I don't think the one shots or anything like that would matter if the fights were reworked to be a bit more interactive, rather than just scaled up regular mobs. Kzarka seems the closest to a well-designed boss, which makes sense seeing that it was designed as one.

I don't have any qualms about loot. It's fine that the top players get the top loot, buy their drops and then work toward getting those drops for yourself afterward. In these sorts of games it's always a hard crawl to the top if you're not among the first there, which seems like a good way to incentivize people to become one of those "elite".

Edited by Aftermath

Posted

so you dont die to bosses turning around and doing an auto attack with practically no animation and getting oneshot? you must have inhuman reflexes to react to things that dont have tells, oh wait , even if you did the games so laggy at the bosses half the time you wouldent dodge anyways.

and its not a matter of the better player gets the loot, you can have a shitty player on a ranger and a godly player on a zerk , rangers going to have a easier time getting into the top dps bracket on say rednose than the zerk, period.

the whole point is there are alot of flaws with field bosses , and alot of flaws with the drop mechanics.

like i said earlier in this thread certain classes simply dont have the opportunity to ever get that loot thats not balace , thats poor design.

if class A is great in pvp because of say utility but dosent do tons of damage. should that class be ignored forgotten and never played because its never going to get boss gear? 

theres also the fact that the field bosses were never implimented in kr (to the best of my knowledge) partially because they never quite balanced them properly, giving  NA/EU unpolished , incomplete and imbalanced content that has potential rewards like field bosses was a very poor choice on PA. but sadly its too late to just remove them from the game so they are forced to actually balance them. and theres tons of way to do it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My personal problem is the oneshot-mechanic, not the worldbosses themselves. I'm not even trying them anyway, as a dp warrior I do 0 damage, so my chance to get loot is 0 as well, plus I don't want to lose half my lvl everytime. (Working at 56 atm) I guess I'm gonna participate in world bosses at some point, but probably not before i get my greatsword.

Edited by Zero1337

Posted

My personal problem is the oneshot-mechanic, not the worldbosses themselves. I'm not even trying them anyway, as a dp warrior I do 0 damage, so my chance to get loot is 0 as well, plus I don't want to lose half my lvl everytime. (Working at 56 atm) I guess I'm gonna participate in world bosses at some point, but probably not before i get my greatsword.

i made a ranger literally for this reason, and realized after fighting bheg , you can literally dodge even his auto attacks on a ranger with explosive evasive shot.

all you gotta do is splurge the 30-40m for +15 bow/dagger, get a dinky grunil set for the bonus ap (dp wont really matter) get some half decent accessories (i got +1 bares cause im cheap) and you'll have  a viable ranger for field bosses.

do that and you wont have to gear swap either , just swap to the toon  and do the bosses 

Posted

I love that people are acting like killing world bosses is a skill to be commended.

EVERY attack one shots, people fight world bosses naked witha  weapon for a reason - yet you want to run your mouth and act like this is acceptable.

Ive gotten 3 liverto from world bosses, ive not once felt like i did something amazing,

Posted

Is this thread a joke?

Posted

Dastard bheg kills me like 100 times each kill ,, 1 shot  even when blocking!  others when im behind him its frustrating but i need to do it , i get good loot at the end but its Far from fun .

Posted

Right.

So we are lead to believe there are 2 loot tables, which is speculation and nobody has any proof off.  Ranged characters have a SIGNIFICANT advantage over melee.  Melee die more frequently and therefore do less damage, the time taken to re-spawn and run back to the fight is time you are not DPS'ing, then it's very common to be one-shot when you return.  It is significantly easier for ranged classes to see what's going on, predict attacks than it is for melee.  Bheg for example, his whip attack, more often than not I've died THEN seen the whip animation, strange things like that constantly happen.

So as a melee, I will never be able to apply as much DPS to a boss as a Wizard or Ranger can. It's that simple.  Which gives an unfair advantage to ranged over melee.