• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Berserker or Musa in raw solo grinding power

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear Berserker players,

I have a question for you.

I have a hard time choosing between Berserker and Musa. I have both at level 50, enjoy both equally but have to commit to one in order to get it to 55.

So my question to  you is this: Do you think Berserker, with life on hit on RT  (which I have) surpass the Musa in raw grinding power (mostly solo since I play at odd hours?). And if so, should I pick Bers over Musa?

Any input is appreciated,

Mjodarion

Posted

Sounds like the only person who can answer that is you.

Posted

Piece of advice, don't rely on other people's opinion to make YOUR own choice ; unless that's how you usually do, letting people make your decisions, obivously it would be sad for you bud.

But since you can decide by yourself I would say, from my point of view, and as a Berserker : Raging Thunder + Regen PV = Most efficient PvE char in this game (World Bosses not included, of course ; Otherwise it would be Wizards / Rangers / Tamers for the whole PvE perspective).

Posted

Play both and pick whichever you like more. Neither are particularly strong. Ranger / witch if you wanna minmax pve, if not just play whatever you like more and want to eventually play on primarily 

Posted

Both suck, just do what you want.

Posted

55 is easy anyway, but with not DP blader should be a nightmare solo since u can neither farm elric nor sausan at night without being oneshot.

Berserker.

Posted (edited)

Bladers dp issue will be fixed and they are significantly easier to level solo in my opinion, they do quite a bit of damage and have a ton of mobility and a great self heal

that being said I'd say berserkers are more efficient.  I rarely use pots grinding unless I solo soldiers grave or the new place Hasra or whatever it's called (go there for belt not xp)

i have a 55 blader in my guild who started solo farming sausans at 52 and was 55 in 2 days.  I know some will say they can do it faster but it's faster then I was able to on my berserker with +15 armor and liverto

Edited by Reave711

Posted

Blader is a faster farmer for easy -> normal mobs. The blader kills single target fast as well compared to the berserker. The zerker's capabilities exist where high dmg is taken at a decent farm speed. For instance hasrah, you will not see a blader farming there unless that blader wants to pop 500 hp pots/hr. The zerker can farm for longer periods of time using less hp pots. Since you are focused on PvE I assume you left click a lot rather than wp pot. So pots for wp should be roughly equal. 

So  if you want to just roll through easy content mobs(this would actually include sausan if you are geared enough). Then blader will farm faster, however still uses more hp pots. But if you want to farm tougher stuff without having to use to many hp pots and have it be a chore(hasrah / helm mine) then zerker would be a better choice for you. 

Posted

No point going Berserker, as the class is utterly ignored with their issues. And all in all melee is a disadvantage in so many aspects in this game it is unbelievable

@CM_Jouska

Posted

No point going Berserker, as the class is utterly ignored with their issues. And all in all melee is a disadvantage in so many aspects in this game it is unbelievable

@CM_Jouska

You should be ignored. You are here complaining and yet you do not understand that there wont, and cant, be any changes before awakening. Its a done deal, our devs cannot change balance without having a long talk with the real devs and they already put a regular but usually way later in the release table buff for our axe abilities in. Live with it or fk off. Berserker is way to hard to get started, way to hard to get awakenings and gear neccesary to enjoy it but currently i am playing a lot of berserker even for farming and iv got a ranger too, its maybe 10%if your going tryhard pot hard on ranger simply because walking takes up more time than actual killing.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would suggest Musa over giant for solo grinding

For the following reasons

* Musa is so much more mobile:

yes Giant has lava peicer but its on a short cool-down unlike chase (0 cooldown) and it can have awful collision with little mobs as you headbutt them and stand still for the duration of the skill 

* Musa's damage is front loaded:

Musa unloads the damage of a 12 sec RT in the space of a rising storm/gale combo & rising storm can be cast while on cool down for a minimal damage loss!!!

...if your knocked down during RT guess what? "you stand around for 10 secs fingering your bunghole waiting for the CD"

* Musa can solo kill people:

If you do get into a fight over a grind spot...a geared Musa can actually kill someone, rather than CCing them for 5 mins while they pot through all your damage

I understand Musa is in a bit of a tough spot right now but in the long run, balancing not withstanding, I think Musa is better/faster grinding

and more interesting than just holding spin for hours!

Edited by Infectious

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska

No matter who you are, no matter what your skill is, whenever you want I can 1v1 you in any area of your choice & we'll see about the broken mechanics you're talking about ^^

I'm a Berserker & I can target any single target I want behind the ennemy's frontline :) Combo Evasion + Burst / CC > everything you might say about this class.

So troll kid, the only disadvantage you have being a Melee Class is for World / Field Boss. Nothing else, nothing more. Quit your whining & ask me for a duel any time, I'll teach you how it's done without crying :)

Peace.

I would suggest Musa over giant for solo grinding

For the following reasons

* Musa is so much more mobile:

yes Giant has lava peicer but its on a short cool-down unlike chase (0 cooldown) and it can have awful collision with little mobs as you headbutt them and stand still for the duration of the skill 

* Musa's damage is front loaded:

Musa unloads the damage of a 12 sec RT in the space of a rising storm/gale combo & rising storm can be cast while on cool down for a minimal damage loss!!!

...if your knocked down during RT guess what? "you stand around for 10 secs fingering your bunghole waiting for the CD"

* Musa can solo kill people:

If you do get into a fight over a grind spot...a geared Musa can actually kill someone, rather than CCing them for 5 mins while they pot through all your damage

I understand Musa is in a bit of a tough spot right now but in the long run, balancing not withstanding, I think Musa is better/faster grinding

and more interesting than just holding spin for hours!

With Combo Evasion you can go nearly as fast as a Blader. Since the Blader is based on "Hit & Run" mechanics it's obvious they got more mobility. Logic.

You don't have any collision problems while you have "Ultimate Evasion" (Head > Ult Evasion) even if you hit a mob.

• As far as being CC while doing Raging Thunder is concerned ; obviously that's a problem. But if Berserkers would have CC immunity on this skill I would rekt any single group of players in PvP / GvG. 

• "Musa can kill people" : Musa is a DPS, Berserker is a Bruiser class. Can't be compared. Though.. Never seen Musa killing players in oPvP, only in arena, sometimes lol

• Only one single awakened skill (Restores +4HP in Hit on Raging Thunder) is far superior to any skill a Musa may have even after Valencia lol ^^ In terms of sustainability, no one can beat the beast (except Wizards).

Edited by Wild_Instinct

Posted

Thank you all for your feedback,

I must say ive landed on the conclusion, once a giant always a giant. Just love that big ol' spinning monster.

I know it will be a struggle, a hard struggle, to get him fully geared (at least till awakening) but it's okay. Rather do that than play some easy peacy overpowered class (tho Musa has its own problems and is by no means overpowered).

Hope to see some of my few fellow giant friends in the field! 

Mjodarion.

Posted

With Combo Evasion you can go nearly as fast as a Blader. Since the Blader is based on "Hit & Run" mechanics it's obvious they got more mobility. Logic.

You don't have any collision problems while you have "Ultimate Evasion" (Head > Ult Evasion) even if you hit a mob.

I could swear that you can't combo headbut->kneekick->evasion when headbutt connects to a mob.

Posted (edited)

Thank you all for your feedback,

I must say ive landed on the conclusion, once a giant always a giant. Just love that big ol' spinning monster.

I know it will be a struggle, a hard struggle, to get him fully geared (at least till awakening) but it's okay. Rather do that than play some easy peacy overpowered class (tho Musa has its own problems and is by no means overpowered).

Hope to see some of my few fellow giant friends in the field! 

Mjodarion.

Yeah well while everyone applauds your determination, when you have your ass handed to you over and over again by people face-rolling their keyboards you will change your mind.  When you realise that you NEED, absolutely NEED to rely on an awakening +4 HP on your Raging Thunder to even come remotely close to what others do with their normal class, you will change your mind.  When you realise that everyone you try and grab either De-syncs or you get IMMUNE and you can't actually do anything to remotely competent players, you will change your mind...

And Musa just got buffed in the latest patch. I honestly think, if people really want to play Zerker, I mean REALLY want to play it.  Feel free to slowly and painfully get to 55/56, then shelve your zerk until we get awakening in the EU, and pray it doesn't get nerfed even more (3 nerfs already in Korea) before we get it.

Edited by Cyrus Glitch

Posted

Every minute I play my zerker I get more fluid with my movements/combos/etc. It's invaluable practice. Screw shelving the giant

Posted

Berk with +4hp on RT is not the fastest but the cheapest class to grind.

Posted

Every minute I play my zerker I get more fluid with my movements/combos/etc. It's invaluable practice. Screw shelving the giant

That's not a valid point considering that 90% if the combo u do now u will not do with the canons. 

Posted

i would go musa if you like the play style, because alot of people play this class and if their unsatisfied they can just cry alittle and get buffs.

but both classes seem really enjoyable after awakening comes out :9

Posted

i would go musa if you like the play style, because alot of people play this class and if their unsatisfied they can just cry alittle and get buffs.

but both classes seem really enjoyable after awakening comes out :9

Well this just happened with the latest patch, tears flow and musa got buffed.  While zerker, remains ignored...

Posted

Well this just happened with the latest patch, tears flow and musa got buffed.  While zerker, remains ignored...

This is because there is next to nothing wrong with zerker. 

Posted (edited)

This is because there is next to nothing wrong with zerker. 

Nothing other than dmg nerfs because of awakening but without awakening and cc nerf because awakening with no awakening.

The reason is that DAUM cannot make any changes to the balance without asking and from what they showed, sry folks, they aren´t even capable to securely launc a (the same) xp event on two regional servers so i doubt that they would get a really satisfying result. Therefore they wait for the awakening to solve stuff which they do in the most clever way possible...all at once opposed to the (meaningfull) way that classes that needed awakening to be balanced got it first. 

ON the good side there is not releasing the silly op berserker and warrior awakening version and getting a balanced (hopefully) one so the poor ranger sorc wizard dont have to suffer for a month and since they got 80%of the population its reasonable to do so.

Edited by Gudtimes

Posted

Nothing other than dmg nerfs because of awakening but without awakening and cc nerf because awakening with no awakening.

The reason is that DAUM cannot make any changes to the balance without asking and from what they showed, sry folks, they aren´t even capable to securely launc a (the same) xp event on two regional servers so i doubt that they would get a really satisfying result. Therefore they wait for the awakening to solve stuff which they do in the most clever way possible...all at once opposed to the (meaningfull) way that classes that needed awakening to be balanced got it first. 

ON the good side there is not releasing the silly op berserker and warrior awakening version and getting a balanced (hopefully) one so the poor ranger sorc wizard dont have to suffer for a month and since they got 80%of the population its reasonable to do so.

Any buffs to our class right now  in this stage would make us way OP. I am sorry you don't see that. Zerker is a strong class right now in every facet. Meaning from 1v1 to large scale pvp. The only thing I am not satisfied with is our PvE dmg because I want to farm as fast as a ranger, but that isn't happening because then we would be to strong PvP since we are already in a good spot for PvP. 

Posted (edited)

Any buffs to our class right now  in this stage would make us way OP. I am sorry you don't see that. Zerker is a strong class right now in every facet. Meaning from 1v1 to large scale pvp. The only thing I am not satisfied with is our PvE dmg because I want to farm as fast as a ranger, but that isn't happening because then we would be to strong PvP since we are already in a good spot for PvP. 

It depends on how you farm. If i take my gear to my ranger and compare berserker+krea there isnt such a big difference unless you do pop 200pots+ per hour. Using your cooldowns on the zerk well it destroys big groups and it is more mobile in between them. I tracked my xp a bit and i didnt seem to see a big difference unless i am spamming big mana potions all the time.

Spamming potions means that u gotta spend max $$$ on weight limit or take shorter turns, more walking less money.

Manes die while whirling through while it takes 2shotgun to kill them, but if i took duo mark instead of duo outlaw yeah i guess stuff would die in one shotgun and make the rnager farm faster simply because it can focus on offense. Then again...berserker does profit the same getting more AP but the cost is kinda high getting more than 1mark to get a balanced build.

1vs1 pvp is a joke, even if i outgear somebody it is very hard and rng dependant to kill him with potions while a ranger outgearing another player can simply shit on him as soon as camera lock chasing is abused (im not that great at it simply because i dont enjoy the ranger enough to fully practise but if it works, ppl die).

Group pvp ... the more rangers the more win, if both have equal rangers berserker starts to be fun but then again at smaller scale i would rate a valk higher in between aoe stuns but the better your grp the more efficient the berserker gets.

Now how do we fix it, we wont because awakening, we add pve kd immunity and double FD damage adding 50%pvp nerf on it and make it less horrible to spam. Done. Now FD spam would lead to a high pot consumption, maybe add a higher cost on fd (whcih is harder to come by for zerks compared to npc mana pots but oh well) and makes berserker profit from pot usage in pve.

Edited by Gudtimes

Posted (edited)

It depends on how you farm. If i take my gear to my ranger and compare berserker+krea there isnt such a big difference unless you do pop 200pots+ per hour. Using your cooldowns on the zerk well it destroys big groups and it is more mobile in between them. I tracked my xp a bit and i didnt seem to see a big difference unless i am spamming big mana potions all the time.

Spamming potions means that u gotta spend max $$$ on weight limit or take shorter turns, more walking less money.

Manes die while whirling through while it takes 2shotgun to kill them, but if i took duo mark instead of duo outlaw yeah i guess stuff would die in one shotgun and make the rnager farm faster simply because it can focus on offense. Then again...berserker does profit the same getting more AP but the cost is kinda high getting more than 1mark to get a balanced build.

1vs1 pvp is a joke, even if i outgear somebody it is very hard and rng dependant to kill him with potions while a ranger outgearing another player can simply shit on him as soon as camera lock chasing is abused (im not that great at it simply because i dont enjoy the ranger enough to fully practise but if it works, ppl die).

Group pvp ... the more rangers the more win, if both have equal rangers berserker starts to be fun but then again at smaller scale i would rate a valk higher in between aoe stuns but the better your grp the more efficient the berserker gets.

Now how do we fix it, we wont because awakening, we add pve kd immunity and double FD damage adding 50%pvp nerf on it and make it less horrible to spam. Done. Now FD spam would lead to a high pot consumption, maybe add a higher cost on fd (whcih is harder to come by for zerks compared to npc mana pots but oh well) and makes berserker profit from pot usage in pve.

I am 144/188 with krea. I can tell you hands down I farm slower than rangers no matter what, the reason for this is because of the 8 mob limit for aggro. A ranger insta kills a lot of weak ones which allows them to kills more mobs on average, while we much slowly kill them while we spin on groups with tons of mobs taking 0 dmg because oh look there is 2 ranged mobs that just randomly aggroed from who knows where and so now shit around me won't die and I must run over to those ranged mobs. Then spin goes on cd and then we do nothing. There is a massive difference, however we are more efficient, this is why you don't see many rangers in hasrah, it would cost them a lot more hp and mana pots. Plus if we get cc'ed while we spin :(. Having said that I enjoy the mindless PvE so I can watch tv shows.

Sorry but 1vs1 is not rng dependant at all to able to kill through potions. The only classes I might not be able to kill through hp pots is a warrior / valk, and this isn't just ones that i out gear. But I do use a different build that allows me to do this. Is it more effort for us to kill people than a ranger? Yes it is, but a zerker has a higher skill cap imo.

In group PvP, assuming equal gear equal skill. Every single zerker added to the group will increase the chance of winning by a large margin. Valks however are extremely good as well.

For PvP there is nothing to fix pre-awakening. But Double FD damage with 50% dmg nerf would be nice. PvE kd/kb immunity would be nice but there is no way to have that be PvE only and not pvp, so it would be op. FD already has a massive cost, no reason to increase it.

Also the mana pot issue for zerkers having to craft them and not being able to buy them is utter bullshit. 

Edited by Scapegoatie

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0