• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Drift Canceling = Exploit

89 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Actually any form of canceling is an exploit in my book.

Reasoning:

All Ability and spell animations are intended take the default number of frames as per development intentions, only to be modified by attack and spell speed stat values and buffs. 

Example:

A horse's instant accel ability has a cooldown of about 2 seconds, by using the drift ability mid-sequence of its animation you can effectively remove the cooldown all-together.

Logic:

Please don’t give me a BS answer like the following:

“oh but the devs intentially did that, that’s why horses that have a combination of these skills are worth more”.

No they F**king didn’t. It was circumvented by re-adjusting the valuation based on a technical glitch which now they can capitalize via horse breeding resets. I am able to set-up a macro with timed delays on my mouse eliminates the drift animation, making the drift part of the cancel meaningless all-together and essentially breaking horses.

Bottom line- You have a few choices:

1. Remove the cooldown on instant accel, and re-name the ability: “cocaine and steroids”.

2. Remove the bug which lets you drift cancel the cooldown on instant accel, (which I’m guessing will never be fixed)

3. Don’t listen to me and continue working on expansions when there’s still no space between <playername> and ‘has invited you to a party’ among other overlooked bugs. 

Edited by Why
3 people like this

Posted

skill canceling is an exploit?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Actually any form of canceling is an exploit in my book.

Reasoning:

All Ability and spell animations are intended take the default number of frames as per development intentions, only to be modified by attack and spell speed stat values and buffs. 

Example:

A horse's instant accel ability has a cooldown of about 2 seconds, by using the drift ability mid-sequence of its animation you can effectively remove the cooldown all-together.

Logic:

Please don’t give me a BS answer like the following:

“oh but the devs intentially did that, that’s why horses that have a combination of these skills are worth more”.

No they F**king didn’t. It was circumvented by re-adjusting the valuation based on a technical glitch which now they can capitalize via horse breeding resets. I am able to set-up a macro with timed delays on my mouse eliminates the drift animation, making the drift part of the cancel meaningless all-together and essentially breaking horses.

Bottom line- You have a few choices:

1. Remove the cooldown on instant accel, and re-name the ability: “cocaine and steroids”.

2. Remove the bug which lets you drift cancel the cooldown on instant accel, (which I’m guessing will never be fixed)

3. Don’t listen to me and continue working on expansions when there’s still no space between <playername> and ‘has invited you to a party’ among other overlooked bugs. 

drift is not canceling it - it is resetting the cooldown and that is intended
even if you use drift AFTER the inst. accel duration it still resets the cooldown

btw. sprint (i think it was?) is reducing the cooldown - also intended by the way

Edited by Blayise
1 person likes this

Posted

skill canceling is an exploit?

Infinity stun is not? 

They all come from the same source, which i don't need to point out at this point. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Fix mounted combat balance to while your at it.

Wizards on mounts 1 shotting everything is beyond broken rofl :D

2 people like this

Posted

Ok, who cares about your book.

Posted

lol, I feel the same way. It's a glitch that certain players like to pretend represents skill when achieving. For me its a way to cheat and get away with it...lmao

2 people like this

Posted

I kinda agree a bit.. It's lazy to make canceling on abilities even for classes. Devs went the lazy route and made people like Ranger have tons of animation cancels to be competitive or the git gud factor with hat class. If you can't animation cancel as a Ranger or blader then just pick sometime like a wizard with nearly no canceling.

All of the combat with classes and abilities with horses that have cancels are all just lazy development to me. I don't see animation canceling in GW2 or WoW or any other MMORPG at all.

2 people like this

Posted

That's a new kind of bait.

One round of applause you tried bro.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am able to set-up a macro with timed delays on my mouse eliminates the drift animation, making the drift part of the cancel meaningless all-together and essentially breaking horses.

You've set up a working macro to do this?

Posted

inb4ban

1 person likes this

Posted

That's a new kind of bait.

One round of applause you tried bro.

Not a bait. It's called logical reasoning. I guess you see everything as bait. 

Posted (edited)

Not a bait. It's called logical reasoning. I guess you see everything as bait. 

Don't you have something better to do than creating this useless thread? Honest question

Edited by give ninja/kunoichi :3

Posted

inb4ban

inb4 i'll still be posting to this thread a month later. 

Posted

I feel like op escaped and his parents are looking for him to put his helmet and water wings back on.

5 people like this

Posted

drift is not canceling it - it is resetting the cooldown and that is intendedeven if you use drift AFTER the inst. accel duration it still resets the cooldown

btw. sprint (i think it was?) is reducing the cooldown - also intended by the way

It's not intended. Why? because you can break it as i mentioned earlier. It's not hard, no 3rd party software is needed.

Posted (edited)

Ban  me! I am guilty of exploiting! 

I drift > installed acc. all day on my horse. I feel bad for doing so and want to sincerely apologise to the whole BDO community for the inconvenience and troubles it cost you! 

I ride my horse like I want. Sod off and watch the trail of dirt behind me steed when I fly by your slow poke donkey! 

Edited by xMovingTarget

Posted

This explains why sorcs are so OP. 

All these exploits built into the skill tree and even the tooltips tell you how to do it!

2 people like this

Posted

Ban  me! I am guilty of exploiting! 

I drift > installed acc. all day on my horse. I feel bad for doing so and want to sincerely apologise to the whole BDO community for the inconvenience and trouble les it cost you! 

I ride my horse like I want. Sod off and watch the trail of dirt behind me steed when I fly by your slow poke donkey! 

Not your fault. Simply bad code. You won't get banned.

This explains why sorcs are so OP. 

All these exploits built into the skill tree and even the tooltips tell you how to do it!

Tooltips don't show you anything other than combos, which are not cancels. 

Posted

good luck getting this 'exploit' fixed, op. its never been fixed in kolea yet

Posted (edited)

Don't you have something better to do than creating this useless thread? Honest question

You fail to explain why this thread is useless. Honest answer. 

good luck getting this 'exploit' fixed, op. its never been fixed in kolea yet

i know =/ just pointing out something obvious that a lot of people don't seem to understand. 

Edited by Why

Posted

Baddie can't afford drift + insta accel combo 

1 person likes this

Posted

Skill animation cancels are intended...have you read them ever? Like at all?

This is either a troll post or...someone got killed by a ranger one too many times.

WarriorSkillCancels.png

3 people like this

Posted

There is a horse speed hack out if you're interested. I hope you have a good pc though.

Posted

Ok either this is bait or u must have a brainlag. I'm pretty sure the devs knew what they were implementing when designing horse skills and canceable abilities of different classes.

1 person likes this