• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

quality of life Simple Guild Quality of Life Discussion

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'll try to keep this thread simple and to the point. I'll also try to word it so that it doesn't come off as one of those "Please make the game better," type threads. I'm no expert coder or game designer, but I believe some of these suggestions would be easy to implement since the game should already have (for some of the suggestions) variables and data these could pull from. Forgive me if some of these changes have been added for other versions of the game. Most of these suggestions are for Guild related quality-of-life features, and should be fairly easy to implement. All of these are simple suggestions through my many hours playing this game, feel free to debate or add anything to them or suggest other simple and relative easy-to-implement ideas. If this is in the wrong forum page, sorry.

•        Please consider adding an <AFK> tag or something similar to the guild roster for players auto-looping or AFK fishing.

This would be the easiest of my suggestions. The game already tracks something similar with the Cinematic Mode that adds filters and changes camera perspectives and is activated when you haven't touched your mouse or keyboard after a few minutes. Seeing as how it's encouraged to AFK in this game, why isn't there a way to notify your guild that you aren't actively playing? Making it only for the guild roster or friends list would also be a good way to prevent other players wanting to PK AFKers for easy luls, but wont entirely solve that problem. All that would be needed would be a simple display or String added to the guild members name displaying something like [Away] or [AFK] which could be tied into the cinematic mode timer.

•         An in-game Guild Calendar (while also using/fixing the Saying of the Day)

This would be a bit more time consuming because Pearl Abyss would have to design a GUI, but it wouldn't be that hard. It would be simple really, another tab for the Guild Menu that would display a calendar which could also be tied into the Guild Saying of the Day. For example, you could make a saying of the day for every day of the week, or put certain events on the calendar in-advance for the entire guild to see. This would be especially useful when Guild Sieges finally come to the game or for other guild activities.

•          Add more ranks other than Member, Officer and Leader (or allow us to make our own guild ranks)

A lot of guild members don't want the full responsibility of being an officer, but also want to just recruit. Maybe some people want to name their guild ranks to match their guild name. Not only would this make guilds easier to manage, but combine this with the above features and by helping guild leaders and officers manage their guilds, these suggestions (I believe) would make the game more enjoyable to be a part of... if you're in a guild of course :P

• Option to have family names before char names in guild chat. Suggested by Chartos

Harder to Implement Ideas (But still good ideas)

• Guild based crafting of consumables/tools/outfits (Unable to sell to NPC or marketplace) Suggested by RulesBot

Edited by Sniper_Dance
18 people like this

Posted

Yes

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Please add this to your list:

Option to have family names before char names in guild chat. As someone that is in a big guild where everyone has alts it's really confusing to talk with someone while chars are getting switched. Also if you don't know or remember their family name you have no idea who you are talking to.

Edited by Chartos

Posted

Please add this to your list:

Option to have family names before char names in guild chat. As someone that is in a big guild where everyone has alts it's really confusing to talk with someone while chars are getting switched. Also if you don't know or remember their family name you have no idea who you are talking to.

Done, good idea as well. Especially for newer players joining the guild, having to remember both family and character names for everyone is a bit much.

Option for guild leader (and maybe for officers) to switch camera to eyes of guild members (who agree to it and activate that option with some check box) when they so desire.

A sort of volunteer big brother.

Would help officers track how guild members are playing, and help them improve their game play, check when there is some trouble to help out, or also check when there is mandatory guild event to see which guild members are skipping to engage in RP or something. :)

Emphasis on this having to be allowed by guild members by activating check box first.

And for anyone who will say, but if this is implemented you will be forced blah blah, guild leaders will exploit this and force you to use it and stuff i say this:

Don't be a possey, be a man and say no!

That would be a bit much I think...

Posted (edited)

I support this and would love to see an afk as well as a calendar 

Edited by Sh0ck0r
Misspelled
1 person likes this

Posted

I suppor this and would love to see an afk as well as a calendar 

Glad to hear it :D

I mean of course we could all use outside sources like a website for a calendar, but I don't see it being that hard to implement in-game.

Posted

Yes, please. I'd love to be able to let my guildies know that I'm afk and when I expect to actually be playing.

Posted

Addition:

Guild based crafting of consumables/tools/outfits (Unable to sell to NPC or marketplace)

That would be a good idea as well. But it would take a lot of effort to implement.

I'll edit the OP for harder to implement but still a good idea section :)

Posted

Please fix the way guild history gets spammed anytime one war is retracted or someone gets kicked. Its not legible. 

Posted

I need my officers to have the ability to declare/undeclare war. I can't be on 24/7.

2 people like this

Posted

Observation: Publisher's Mod team might move the thread to "Suggestions" which would limit the exposure to the topic.

Recommendation: Change post title from "Suggestions" to "Discussion"

Fixed, thank you.

Posted

I'll try to keep this thread simple and to the point. I'll also try to word it so that it doesn't come off as one of those "Please make the game better," type threads. I'm no expert coder or game designer, but I believe some of these suggestions would be easy to implement since the game should already have (for some of the suggestions) variables and data these could pull from. Forgive me if some of these changes have been added for other versions of the game. Most of these suggestions are for Guild related quality-of-life features, and should be fairly easy to implement. All of these are simple suggestions through my many hours playing this game, feel free to debate or add anything to them or suggest other simple and relative easy-to-implement ideas. If this is in the wrong forum page, sorry.

•        Please consider adding an <AFK> tag or something similar to the guild roster for players auto-looping or AFK fishing.

This would be the easiest of my suggestions. The game already tracks something similar with the Cinematic Mode that adds filters and changes camera perspectives and is activated when you haven't touched your mouse or keyboard after a few minutes. Seeing as how it's encouraged to AFK in this game, why isn't there a way to notify your guild that you aren't actively playing? Making it only for the guild roster or friends list would also be a good way to prevent other players wanting to PK AFKers for easy luls, but wont entirely solve that problem. All that would be needed would be a simple display or String added to the guild members name displaying something like [Away] or [AFK] which could be tied into the cinematic mode timer.

•         An in-game Guild Calendar (while also using/fixing the Saying of the Day)

This would be a bit more time consuming because Pearl Abyss would have to design a GUI, but it wouldn't be that hard. It would be simple really, another tab for the Guild Menu that would display a calendar which could also be tied into the Guild Saying of the Day. For example, you could make a saying of the day for every day of the week, or put certain events on the calendar in-advance for the entire guild to see. This would be especially useful when Guild Sieges finally come to the game or for other guild activities.

•          Add more ranks other than Member, Officer and Leader (or allow us to make our own guild ranks)

A lot of guild members don't want the full responsibility of being an officer, but also want to just recruit. Maybe some people want to name their guild ranks to match their guild name. Not only would this make guilds easier to manage, but combine this with the above features and by helping guild leaders and officers manage their guilds, these suggestions (I believe) would make the game more enjoyable to be a part of... if you're in a guild of course :P

• Option to have family names before char names in guild chat. Suggested by Chartos

Harder to Implement Ideas (But still good ideas)

• Guild based crafting of consumables/tools/outfits (Unable to sell to NPC or marketplace) Suggested by RulesBot

i like these ideas. They are not pressing matters, but would greatly improve this aspect of the game.

3 people like this

Posted

i like these ideas. They are not pressing matters, but would greatly improve this aspect of the game.

Glad you like them. I agree, they aren't really huge deals, but they would be something fairly easy to implement and I'm sure lots of people would enjoy them.

Hopefully the thread will blow up and they take them into consideration :P

Posted

all great ideas 

1 person likes this

Posted

all great ideas 

Why thank you.

I need my officers to have the ability to declare/undeclare war. I can't be on 24/7.

I think this could also fall into the create our own ranks/permissions suggestion.

1 person likes this

Posted

Please implement this feature. It's stupid that you can't see who in your guild is in an afk state.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes please!

1 person likes this

Posted

is this serious? Officers have always been able to. 

Are te we playing the same game?

Posted

Being able to enable some sort of AFK tag automatically or manually in the guild rooster would definitely relieve minor frustrations. A guild calender or fixing saying of the day would be tremendous as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Being able to enable some sort of AFK tag automatically or manually in the guild rooster would definitely relieve minor frustrations. A guild calender or fixing saying of the day would be tremendous as well.

I'm sure they're working on something at least. Hopefully PA will take the suggestions into consideration seeing as how the calendar would be the hardest to implement.

Posted (edited)

Bad idea, I guess. The afk killers would have it easier to kill afk people. At least now they don't know if the people is afk or just there.

About the rest, really +1.

Edited by Selen

Posted

Bad idea, I guess. The afk killers would have it easier to kill afk people. At least now they don't know if the people is afk or just there.

About the rest, really +1.

I believe the idea is that the AFK-tag would only be visible on the guild rooster. Unless I'm wrong, I don't believe people outside the guild have access to this list, so they still wouldn't know for certain if people are AFK or not.

1 person likes this

Posted

I believe the idea is that the AFK-tag would only be visible on the guild rooster. Unless I'm wrong, I don't believe people outside the guild have access to this list, so they still wouldn't know for certain if people are AFK or not.

In that case, it would be a great tool, indeed.

Posted

A guild hall would be nice that leaders can decorate and hold practice matches without random assholes coming in and fking it up(warframe had this)

It would be cool if you could store things there that you can only access if you're in a guild. Then again that might promote clan hopping and people who solo would get mad

Posted

Yup, that's the idea.

In that case, it would be a great tool, indeed.

Yes, that was the case :P I explained in detail after the suggestion. We wouldn't want it to be easier to kill AFKers