• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Reward Updates - Back-dated ???

125 posts in this topic

Posted

To be fair, all new accounts reaching lvl 50 are nowhere near those that play since day 1. Even if they get 10 extra million, thats nothing really... Would be nice, ofcourse, but they won't have an unfair advantage against us :)

Precisely.  Many people at 50+ are making 10 mil a day, this change was not meant for them.

Posted

Annoyed that the change isnt retroactive I spend a lot of time horse breeding so i dont have a lot of money that would have been helpful...

Posted

Handing out more silver to new players does not solve the problem of being too far behind. It will just permanently inflate the economy which leads to everything becoming more expensive.

When the amount granted to each new player is half the price of a decent weapon, incrementally earned over 50 levels, this really isn't going to cause any appreciable inflation (especially considering high level existing players can already earn that in a single day).

The inflationary effect is negligible, yet the additional silver will be significant to lower level players struggling to be competitive.

2 people like this

Posted

You completely missed the point.

I'm not complaining about the change itself, I'm complaining about how they chose to deliver it. If they can't make something so simple as extra silver retroactive, what will happen when they decide to add 10 Elion's Tears, free pet or something else to one of the rewards?

These things go into the pearl inventory.

Silver needs to be deposited in a players warehouse. Totally different thing.

Posted (edited)

When the amount granted to each new player is half the price of a decent weapon, incrementally earned over 50 levels, this really isn't going to cause any appreciable inflation (especially considering high level existing players can already earn that in a single day).

The inflationary effect is negligible, yet the additional silver will be significant to lower level players struggling to be competitive.

Not all players simply want to rush to high level (ofc most do), some want to enjoy other aspects of the game, like this guy.......

Annoyed that the change isnt retroactive I spend a lot of time horse breeding so i dont have a lot of money that would have been helpful...

:/

Edited by Phantax

Posted

Only the 50+ who are grind driven can say that 13m is just chump change and wouldn't have any impact on them.

I'm 52 and 13m would be enough for me to finish off at least one of my armors/weapons or do something else. I only have mid tier gear because I don't focus on just leveling. I play many aspects of this game. I breed and gear horses. I trade and fish. Most of my life skills are above skilled but because I diversify there is no solid money maker. I have insanely bad luck with loot drops. Regardless of what my knowledge is or how much I farm I don't get the MoS or witches drops. I've had to buy all my accs, with the exception of 2 that I looted during parties. I wear pri's and duos. It's expensive to gear yourself up. 13m is enough to buy another MoS or witches, or multiple corals.

My point is that everyone plays differently and while some are rolling in the money, others are not. It's not just brand new people who are 'behind'. If being behind or under geared is such a big issue that it needs adjustments after only 2 months of being released in the NA/EU, then the game itself should be reworked. What happens in one year time? What do they need to give out then to make players feel that they aren't behind. Of course you are behind..you started later.

2 people like this

Posted

Only the 50+ who are grind driven can say that 13m is just chump change and wouldn't have any impact on them.

I'm 52 and 13m would be enough for me to finish off at least one of my armors/weapons or do something else. I only have mid tier gear because I don't focus on just leveling. I play many aspects of this game. I breed and gear horses. I trade and fish. Most of my life skills are above skilled but because I diversify there is no solid money maker. I have insanely bad luck with loot drops. Regardless of what my knowledge is or how much I farm I don't get the MoS or witches drops. I've had to buy all my accs, with the exception of 2 that I looted during parties. I wear pri's and duos. It's expensive to gear yourself up. 13m is enough to buy another MoS or witches, or multiple corals.

My point is that everyone plays differently and while some are rolling in the money, others are not. It's not just brand new people who are 'behind'. If being behind or under geared is such a big issue that it needs adjustments after only 2 months of being released in the NA/EU, then the game itself should be reworked. What happens in one year time? What do they need to give out then to make players feel that they aren't behind. Of course you are behind..you started later.

Agreed. Those who have spent their time enjoying the other aspects of BDO (not just the level rush) could make good use of an extra 13mil.

1 person likes this

Posted

One time per account.

that sux :(

Posted

I'm level 50 hit it around 2weeks ago and my gear is pretty meh around 100Ap/100Dp and when i see people saying "this is a small change what is 13mil i can make that money in a day"Ye YOU can if i go to grind mobs for money i will get pked, so my one of the best ways to make now money for me is fishing and to make 13 mil from fishing it would take me at least 5-6 days of full fishing.So this change pushes back the playes who lvled 50 in the past 2 weeks but pushes forward those who are leveling now. I think they should give the money for players that lvled in the past 3-4 weeks.

Posted

If we don't get retroactive gold, then I'm going to quit the game right -----ing now..

Why?

Because this game is only 2 months old, and you can bet your mother-----ing asses that there will be many more changes made.

If this isn't retroactive, then they've set a precedent for none of the other future changes to be retroactive, and we're not gonna sit around for the next year while we get -----ed in the ass

Posted

Why so butthurt? It's not like 16m is much anyways, especially not for a new player that needs to gear up. 

13mil is nothing just stop whining lol.

Why do people keep saying this? We get it, you have silver, But that's not the point? Like seriously, 13 Mill could help me recover the max durability on my Liverto, it could do a lot more for a lot of people. Just because you think of 13 mill as "Nothing" doesn't make you right and the other wrong. Yes some people can make a lot of money in a short amount of time, Some other have lives and can't play all the time? Don't say 13 mill is nothing just because you have that amount, i spent 20 million and still my liverto is at +13 with 25 durability, If 13 mill is nothing, change the max price on Memory Fragments to 150K max from 400K Minimum :/

1 person likes this

Posted

Interesting that some players thing 13 mil is nothing, others think it's a lot. Just consider that not everyone plays 24/7 top end, many of us have a life, many of us have only just turned 50 and are trying to get our gear up to +15 basics.

2 people like this

Posted

Why do people keep saying this? We get it, you have silver, But that's not the point? Like seriously, 13 Mill could help me recover the max durability on my Liverto, it could do a lot more for a lot of people. Just because you think of 13 mill as "Nothing" doesn't make you right and the other wrong. Yes some people can make a lot of money in a short amount of time, Some other have lives and can't play all the time? Don't say 13 mill is nothing just because you have that amount, i spent 20 million and still my liverto is at +13 with 25 durability, If 13 mill is nothing, change the max price on Memory Fragments to 150K max from 400K Minimum :/

I honestly doubt that a fresh 50 will have a liverto already though, so the majority will be using this money to get decent gear so they can start farming for the BiS gear

Posted

I honestly doubt that a fresh 50 will have a liverto already though, so the majority will be using this money to get decent gear so they can start farming for the BiS gear

With the new rewards a fresh 50 only needs 2 million more to get a liverto, so yeah, there will be more and more fresh 50's with livertos. And since weapons aren't level bound you could have that liverto even earlier if you saved up your other rewards.

1 person likes this

Posted

Dude, I just hit 50 like 7 days ago, i Bought a liverto because I managed to sell 2 Tier 6 horse cause i had 3 of them. It takes along time to level Horses as well, but thats not the point, A "Fresh 50" could mean anything, some of them go and research before buying gear, and they could get a liverto from market if they knew it was a top end weapon. Potentially having advantage over another person who hit 50 before this patch and didnt get enough money to buy a liverto.

Posted

What they could have done instead of increasing the old rewards, add extra rewards to be claimed.  That way no one would be shorted.  The only penalty is new accounts would have to accept rewards twice.  Older accounts would only get the added rewards.  Everyone would get the same, but ah well..

Posted

I'm long past lvl 50

I think this is a reasonable way for new players to catch up a little. 

In the end it isn't that much money really. not saying it's nothing, but comon..... It's not gonna make the slightest difference to any of us. I'd gladly pay 10 million to make people stay and play the game rather than quit because they feel they can't catch up. 

Good call Daum

Posted

I consider 13 mil to be a lot of money, its more than I have.

That being said I'm not going to complain about it, things change doesn't mean I should get it too, its just bad luck.

When my local store has a buy one get one free offer on I don't go demanding my free one because I bought one last week.

Posted

I had a +15 yuria before 50.  A liverto before 50 is definitely possible for many, assuming they are lucky on the AH.

Posted

I'm long past lvl 50

I think this is a reasonable way for new players to catch up a little. 

In the end it isn't that much money really. not saying it's nothing, but comon..... It's not gonna make the slightest difference to any of us. I'd gladly pay 10 million to make people stay and play the game rather than quit because they feel they can't catch up. 

Good call Daum

If someone feels they are so far behind the people who started 2 months ahead of them in a game that they won't catch up..they should stick to single player games. Two months. We aren't talking 1-2 years difference in level/gear gaps. We are talking about 2 months. A lot of people in those 2 months have spent time patiently playing other classes while they wait for the one they want to be a main to be released. There's plenty of high levels who will/have swap(ped) to another class, which in a lot of cases means a complete redo of what armor they have on. Should those who are waiting for ninja also get a catch up reward?

There's a very thin line when you start giving catch ups and adjustments and it's very easy to make people feel slighted.

Posted

If someone feels they are so far behind the people who started 2 months ahead of them in a game that they won't catch up..they should stick to single player games. Two months. We aren't talking 1-2 years difference in level/gear gaps. We are talking about 2 months. A lot of people in those 2 months have spent time patiently playing other classes while they wait for the one they want to be a main to be released. There's plenty of high levels who will/have swap(ped) to another class, which in a lot of cases means a complete redo of what armor they have on. Should those who are waiting for ninja also get a catch up reward?

There's a very thin line when you start giving catch ups and adjustments and it's very easy to make people feel slighted.

thats why it's only a couple million silver, because it's only 2 months. 

At high level you can make that in a couple of hours if you really want to. 

If you were waiting for another class and didn't create the armor that class will use in the end or invested to much silver in another type..... that's just plain stupid.  

Yes there is a thin line I agree, that's why it's as I've said, only 13 million.

while we're at it, let's run the muss/maewha event again for the people who didn't manage to get the pet, worth 10 euros, cause you know, we are all entitled to everything this game has ever offered  

1 person likes this

Posted

I understand why they did this but things like this always risk isolating some portion of players.  Games like this need consistency in decisions.  This particular incident is somewhat minor but I'd be concerned over the potential future decisions.  Are they going to end up with something like Trion's "dolphingate" some day?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Anyone saying 13 million is nothing could obviously also benefit from the silver. The point is this is to help newer players. I'm poor and trying to enchant and just broke 2 witch earring attempting duo after a lot of farming and literally 60 fail stacks. I lost a lot to RNG and it would do wonders for me, but I've made much more and I will continue to make more. Stop feeling like you're entitled to everything. We missed it, oh well. If you think it's that game breaking make a new account, buy the game again. If something like this makes you want to quit then do so. We don't need more people mad that someone else got a toy and suddenly they want it to. Really, because someone else got something now you want it, but had no qualms about not having it before?

Point is we could all benefit from it, don't complain because people who need it more got it. Grind more to make up for it.

EDIT: Also, if you spent anywhere near all of your money on a liverto weapon and you don't make a lot of money you bought something you can't afford. Learn to see how much something will cost long term before you buy it.

Edited by Chimpi
Forgot a point

Posted (edited)

it's just a catch up system for new adventurers .... there is nothing wrong with it.

Edited by Grimbergen
1 person likes this

Posted

only thing that comes to my mind: catch-up mechanic