• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Am I playing Skyrim ?

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I hate blind invites but meh I have yet to decline one. Even tho I can kill just as fast alone with my witch as I do with somebody else I not only group up but follow them and heal if I see they pulled more than they can handle. Guess I am a weirdo 9_9

2 people like this

Posted

@ Topic

if i grind or doing quest - i dont look at general chat(for me) -nor time for

mostly i run guildchat - switching it to general or whisper while standing between mobs -->

you get this knowledge : chat kills    :/ 

Posted

I hate blind invites but meh I have yet to decline one. Even tho I can kill just as fast alone with my witch as I do with somebody else I not only group up but follow them and heal if I see they pulled more than they can handle. Guess I am a weirdo 9_9

I wouldn't say weird, I'd say OP just wishes there was a ton more like you :P

Posted

Am I playing Skyrim ?

No... this is BDO, you have obviously launched the wrong game... geez

:P

lol

Posted

I wouldn't say weird, I'd say OP just wishes there was a ton more like you :P

I do '-'

Posted

If someone typed to me in general I wouldnt see it, only have guild chat and whispers on. If I grind something that I care what drops I might only have system on. But when playing alts I generally accept blind invites.

Posted

I usually don't grind with randoms, because I usually grind some mobs, have a coffee, smoke a cig, check some FB, go gather some stuff, chat with clan etc etc. I want to go at my own pace and not feel like I have to go on because I'm in a party. 

I suggest to find a guild and form parties with them, it shouldn't be a problem

2 people like this

Posted

So I've just started to level up a ranger for world boss, I am now lv 40 and I just noticed how 90% of players are rude af.

I almost always OS mobs with my 130/180, so I have no problem cleaning up mobs, but when I found someone else I always ask for party, as the more we are the faster we pex. But they never answer, they just keep hitting mobs like nothing happened.

In 10 people I asked, only 1 answered. 90% of people I've found just play alone without even caring of others.

People have to understand : EXP IS NOT DIVIDED BETWEEN PARTY MEMBERS.

Ok I get some people don't want to get bothered with someone they have to follow, but please, just say something when we ask for party.

How hard is it to type at least 2 letters ? 'N' and 'O'

The second M in MMO stands for MULTIPLAYER, so just ANSWER FFS.

No, you are not playing skyrim. You are playing Black Desert Online.

Posted

Right, meaning you are playing with multiple players in a virtual world. MMO has never meant forced multiplayer

Posted

So I've just started to level up a ranger for world boss, I am now lv 40 and I just noticed how 90% of players are rude af.

I almost always OS mobs with my 130/180, so I have no problem cleaning up mobs, but when I found someone else I always ask for party, as the more we are the faster we pex. But they never answer, they just keep hitting mobs like nothing happened.

In 10 people I asked, only 1 answered. 90% of people I've found just play alone without even caring of others.

People have to understand : EXP IS NOT DIVIDED BETWEEN PARTY MEMBERS.

Ok I get some people don't want to get bothered with someone they have to follow, but please, just say something when we ask for party.

How hard is it to type at least 2 letters ? 'N' and 'O'

Check your facts before posting misleading information. EXP is lowered for both. For ex: 2 in party..1 kills a mob the other doenst do any damage..you get 80-90% of the exp he gets the rest...The mechanic of the game is whoever does the most dmg to a mob gets more exp...thus the only reason for party is for 2 people to kill groups of mobs indiivdually but near each other, this is how u get more exp/time in a party...but since people have no idea how it works they just run off out of exp range so in the end we dont bother to party anymore unless its catfish they say.

Posted

There is a small point why solo grinding with LESS xp is better, by the time you hit 55 doing it the slow way (no XP pots no milky tea) you will have hundreds more combat skill points. Honestly these are way more valuble than the Levels itself. More so for classes like the tamer.  

Posted

Actually the EXP is lowered by the amount of people in your party, the more people the lower the gain.

Unfortunately this.
Blame Daum for making a Solo MMO, not the player.

I am a Warrior (apparently slower PvE leveler), but can grind group of Red mobs pretty fast, I don't really need a group.
As a Ranger I can't even imagine how fast you kill mobs.

Being in a group don't give you so much of an advantage like in other games, so people just Solo.
Bad mechanics unfortunately, but tht's how it is.

Posted

Mom told me to not talk to strangers on the internet.

But seriously, I'm not into the guild thing but I'd like to hang out with other solo player just so we can just watch each other's backs. I like the idea of the classic division of labor in roleplay, so being able to share buffs/healing, and not be onehit by a miniboss is a nice thought. Also, what's the technical details behind sharing exp when NOT in a group but just sharing a kill? Occasionally I've tapped off a single stun attack when I see some other random solo player getting overwhelmed. Was that helpful or just rude of me?

In chat I suggested solo players organize self-defense groups (not guilds/clans) to deal with the pker fcks. I'd like to see groups for trade/strength training (deal with bandits), horse corrals (deal with monsters that attack mounts) as well. I think the better place to meet and organize people is on forums not in chat (which sucks). Anyone want to start a thread to create loosely-organized player groups?

Posted

In chat I suggested solo players organize self-defense groups (not guilds/clans) to deal with the pker fcks. I'd like to see groups for trade/strength training (deal with bandits), horse corrals (deal with monsters that attack mounts) as well. I think the better place to meet and organize people is on forums not in chat (which sucks). Anyone want to start a thread to create loosely-organized player groups?

Nice idea but needs someone active every day to maintain it 

Posted (edited)

I usually don't grind with randoms, because I usually grind some mobs, have a coffee, smoke a cig, check some FB, go gather some stuff, chat with clan etc etc. I want to go at my own pace and not feel like I have to go on because I'm in a party. 

I suggest to find a guild and form parties with them, it shouldn't be a problem

That's the same reason why I don't like questing or grinding in groups.  I want to be able to get up on a whim and do something else.

And usually if I'm somewhere grinding, my hands are full trying to murder everything.  I usually forget to respond.  By the time it occurs to me, it's too late.

Edited by Kyrielle_Atrinati

Posted

Nice idea but needs someone active every day to maintain it 

No, and even if it was how difficult would it be? Just consider this an "Un-Guild" and ultimately a single thread can be used to find Battlemates®.

Posted

TQ0EWHy.png

5aNzksU.jpg

Posted

SN3sPzwKADs.jpg

oh my

god..

And yes, xp is divided via certain percentages you can read up

Posted

Oh. You play League. No wonder why you're angry. :P

Just wait for Siege wars, you will see even more toxicity here :D

Posted

Just wait for Siege wars, you will see even more toxicity here :D

Hopefully No Man's Sky will be out by then - I'll hide there until things settle. xD