• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Capturing horses

19 posts in this topic

Posted

So, after using another 48 ropes on a L1 Horse, and roping it on at least 20 occasions and getting it to the rapid 'Shift" action whilst finger planted firmly on the 'go forward' button, aka 'W'....... it finally dawned on me that as soon as I started bashing the space bar, even with finger firmly planted on the 'W', I was not moving forward. Yeah, it got to the stage where I actually looked at summat other than that blasted win/lose bar and on the last three occasions it was clear that I was not moving forward. Repressing the button made no difference. I stood there, bashing fiercly and then bang... "you lose" shake of head and hang head in shame.

Now, I know folks out there will say you are incompetent. Probably. Get a grip etc aka loser. It might just be my keyboard and latency... but I have actually moved forward at the start before the 'hit space' and then I stop.

So, it is either a one of a kind glitch... or others have suffered from the same fate but don't come to the forums.

Oh... wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww                                                       wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww                           hmmmmmmmmmm

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww                looks like my keyboard don't like roping horses.

Posted

You only hit space if and when the horse rears.

Also, I never use sugar. If the taming fails, I just rope them again.

Posted

Iam not sure what you're raving on about, you didn't make much sense. Are you sure you are doing it right? You aren't meant to move forward while pressing the space, only move forward when the horse isn't rearing and only press space after the horse rears.

Posted (edited)

Why are you trying to move forward when doing the spacebar minigame?

Move forward > horse rears > minigame> move forward > horse rears > minigame, etc, etc

Edited by Wolfe
spelling error

Posted

Also, run the horse into a wall. Then, stand 4 feet from them while you rope them. You will rarely even see the mini-game.

Posted

Note, sometimes the terrain can impact your ability to move forward if there's rock outcropping there.  So plan your approach before you begin your approach.

Posted

I actually had the same issue with understanding the mini game when I first started taming horses. Some friendly dood stopped by and instead of taking the horse for himself, explained the game to me.

Basically, the horse will whinny and rear up on its hind legs. that is when you press spacebar, and you are not supposed to move.
Rapid smash that space bar to keep it on the win portion of the bar that shows up, and after 10 seconds that win-lose bar will disappear.
Then you move forward with your W until the horse rears again. I always start smashing space as soon as i hear the noise that accompanies it.

Be warned though, if you are too close to the horse when you rope it or move close enough to jump on it too fast you will automatically fail the taming with a message like "You tried to get on too early" or something. I can't remember the exact wording.

Hope this helps!

Posted (edited)

1. clicking the rope will cause you to start swing the rope and the mini game window to pop up

2. start slow walking toward the horse until the cross hairs for you target turn red

3. left click to throw rope and hit space when the bar fills to the correct position

4. start walking toward the horse while watching for it to rear up on its hind feet

5. when that happens hit space bar repeatedly to fill the bar to your side(note: stop hitting space when the counter hits 0 or you stand a chance to lose the horse by hitting space when the bar disappears)

6. back to step 4 and repeat until you are stand at the horse

7. If you wish to feed the horse sugar then hit F1 and click the sugar in your inventory otherwise wait 30 to 60 secs then try to mount the horse by hitting R. It fails more often if you try to mount the horse before you have stood there for 30 secs...i think 60 secs helps even more.

edit: after mounting the horse you can then get off the horse and back onto your faster horse and the newly tame horse will follow you where ever you go.

Edited by Teck

Posted

You dont have to wait 30 seconds - just give the horse 3 - 4 sugar lumps. Then try to mount it

Posted

The sugar helps as a timing, generally giving a horse 3 sugar lumps equals 30 seconds timing. So yes you do have to wait 30 seconds before mounting a horse otherwise you'll get kicked.

Posted (edited)

Every horse taming has RNG likelihood of taming failure. Sugar reduces this chance. Waiting 30 seconds will never assure a taming. Again, just run the horse into a wall, stand a few feet away, rope it, stand next to it, wait a bit, try to mount it, succeed or fail, rope it, repeat. I have never needed more than 4 ropes. Usually it is 1 or 2.

Edited by Twitty

Posted

The sugar helps as a timing, generally giving a horse 3 sugar lumps equals 30 seconds timing. So yes you do have to wait 30 seconds before mounting a horse otherwise you'll get kicked.

No you dont - I've tamed horses without even bothering with sugar - you can sucessfully mount them within about 5 seconds if you wish to try without sugar - done it many times

Posted

Every horse taming has RNG likelihood of taming failure. Sugar reduces this chance. Waiting 30 seconds will never assure a taming. Again, just run the horse into a wall, stand a few feet away, rope it, try to mount it, succeed or fail, roope it, repeat. I have never need more than 4 ropes. Usually it is 1 or 2.

with the "wait x seconds" method i am actually succeeding 90% of the time, if i just try to mount without giving sugar or waiting the exact time, i have around 50% sucess (i rly tried it with around 10 horses if i do it without sugar and doesnt matter the time and another 10 horses with looking into the right timing. and with the timing i had more success in the first try! )

Posted

Every horse taming has RNG likelihood of taming failure. Sugar reduces this chance. Waiting 30 seconds will never assure a taming. Again, just run the horse into a wall, stand a few feet away, rope it, stand next to it, wait a bit, try to mount it, succeed or fail, rope it, repeat. I have never needed more than 4 ropes. Usually it is 1 or 2.

It usually takes me 1-2 tries without sugar. I was sceptical at first but the timer works like a charm. Seconds are easy enough to count in your head too.

Posted

Also, run the horse into a wall. Then, stand 4 feet from them while you rope them. You will rarely even see the mini-game.

I find results are better WITH the minigame in terms of taming success

Most of the time I'll walk past the horse in order to get more minigames as it seems to increase chances of successful tame the more minigame interactions you have with the horse

Posted

The game will actually tell you when you fail that you didnt wait long enough if you try to mount right away.

Posted

atm I'm pro 4 working my way to artisan horsing, since the release of the tier 3 horses i caught alotta horses probably about 150 ish I use sugar about 1 cube a horse i play the mini game till im close hit my stopwatch feed a sugar cube at about 30 seconds i can get the horse, for some reason t3's seem to be about 25 seconds. Other results may vary but i believe in the wait X amount of time as it seems to work .

Posted

Thank you all for your FRIENDLY advice. Much appreciated.

1. clicking the rope will cause you to start swing the rope and the mini game window to pop up

2. start slow walking toward the horse until the cross hairs for you target turn red

3. left click to throw rope and hit space when the bar fills to the correct position

4. start walking toward the horse while watching for it to rear up on its hind feet

5. when that happens hit space bar repeatedly to fill the bar to your side(note: stop hitting space when the counter hits 0 or you stand a chance to lose the horse by hitting space when the bar disappears)

6. back to step 4 and repeat until you are stand at the horse

7. If you wish to feed the horse sugar then hit F1 and click the sugar in your inventory otherwise wait 30 to 60 secs then try to mount the horse by hitting R. It fails more often if you try to mount the horse before you have stood there for 30 secs...i think 60 secs helps even more.

edit: after mounting the horse you can then get off the horse and back onto your faster horse and the newly tame horse will follow you where ever you go.

Tech, you and others mentioned something that has never been mentioned in any vid I've watched, nor in any other hints, ie.. lift finger from 'W' when bashing. Since it is 12.22AM where I live, shall try this method tom.. today and report on success (or usual failure).

BTW, in the game notes, it mentions that pressing the right mouse button will allow you to feed the horse the sugar  cube. Guess I'll find out about (hopefully) tomorrow, or else have it on quick bar (#0 in my case)

Again, thanks for friendly advice, ALL.

Posted

I'm pro 7 in training. I tried counting at different times between 30-40 seconds. I wrote down every fail and success, and whether it was a T1 or T2. In the beginning the results were all over the place and there was no pattern. Eventually it seemed 36 seconds worked, but it seems taming gets easier as you level up and that might be the reason why the currently chosen 36 seconds started succesesing more. It also seems you get more females when leveling up. At least I went from 1 in 20 females to about catching half females now. Though, it could be coincidences.

These days I "wait a while" before mounting. I don't time it. It usually works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not convinced any time is better than others before someone starts keeping records starting at like 5 seconds and up to 40. Should be possible to do that testing if different people volunteered to do 6-10 secs, 11-15 etc. But for me, I'm sticking to waiting "a while" and then get on. There's the occasional horse that seems harder to catch, that will throw me off multiple times. That has always been like that.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0