• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dear Publisher, can you please talk to us?

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Since the game was released the community staff continuously becomes more and more quiet.

- Threads are merged together, which actually means DAUM reads them but they don't give an answer or thoughts besides of telling us that they merged the threads.

- Most critical threads are completely ignored or atleast its not communicated that they are aware of it / how they think about it. (imoh this reminds me of Trion tbh)

- There are a shit ton of minor stupid annoying bugs in the game. Players report them, but it seems there is no intend to do anything about them. Instead we get huge content patches dropped on our head which bring even more bugs into the game. These patches are also communicated in the "last-minute". (Doesn't remind me of Trion, this is new) EDIT: This was not the case with Valencia - it was atleast announced a good while before!

- Communication seems to be spread about multiple plattforms - reddit, twitter, twitch.tv, website news, forums. Can you please select one primary media to communicate with your community instead of switching all the time?

- Patch notes without details - if you change something, why can't you tell us in detail? And for what reason?

- What happend to the Q&A and Developer diarys? That were good intentions. Are they gone now?

Isn't it the job of the community managers to be a bridge between the community & publisher?

I know you guys are busy with bots/hack-reports and stuff like that. But could we please get a bit more effort on the whole communication thing?

EDIT: I'd love to see some Q&As and statements on critical topics like class balance, bosses etc. Some that are less vague.

EDIT2: Title changed to "Dear Publisher, can you please talk to us?" to fit the "Posting Etiquette"

Edited by Jylin
2 people like this

Posted

they need a periodical Q and A like WoW

Posted

We are just cows for them, that they milk for money.

Would you talk with cows?

5 people like this

Posted

We are just cows for them, that they milk for money.

Would you talk with cows?

no but a nice beef steak is always appreciated. 

Posted (edited)

It's Moderators that merge, close or sink threads not Daum themselves (although I'm sure they sometimes read the forums)

As for the Q&A idea.... Q&A would be great if it ever worked. If you have played MMOs for many years (In my case many, many years...lol) you start to notice that almost all Q&A threads, topics. videos consist of nothing more than a bunch of 'hand picked' questions. Questions that the Devs want to answer, not the ones that realistically deserve answering. Hell on some games Q&As is so obvious that the questions were made by the company themselves to justify an action or to promote something that is to be added to the game.

Only company I've ever seen do a truly open Q&A was CCP Games (the makers of EVE Online) they held live video Q&A and hold a massive annual event where they hold several Q&A sessions over that event.

Neither PA or Daum seem interested in anything like this (at least not at this current time)

:/

Edited by Phantax
grammer check

Posted

6.2. Posting Etiquette

• Using the words Daum, Daum Games, Pearl Abyss or any Daum Games Europe member’s name in a topic title is frowned on.

Disclaimer: I'm the Rules Bot.

Ok Mr. Rules bot, changed the title, happy now?

Posted

Ok Mr. Rules bot, changed the title, happy now?

Rules Bots are never happy. They're only there to make others as miserable as they are. :P

Posted

6.2. Posting Etiquette

• Using the words Daum, Daum Games, Pearl Abyss or any Daum Games Europe member’s name in a topic title is frowned on.

Disclaimer: I'm the Rules Bot.

Bet if you made a post with the title "Why Daum is the best gaming company ever" that post would not be moderated or changed....lol

;)

Posted

Honestly...

I feel that they communicate more with the playerbase over time actually.

Gets better gradually, still not good enough communication though.

Posted

I just wanted to say I don't agree before I got distracted. 

On the contrary, I don't make posts. I'm a Rules Bot.

Reaction: You're a troll.

Posted (edited)

CMs have interacted with the community..  They've passed issues posted on these forums to PA for investigation or review (preorder T5, random stats, etc).  They also post patch notes, do Q&As, post on social media... just because you don't read it doesn't mean they're not reaching out to us.

Edited by Anemone
1 person likes this

Posted

Pearl Abyss is a Korean company and Korean developers are kinda notorious for not interacting with players not on their own servers; and since PA doesn't run their own servers they don't even interact directly with the Korean players (Daum runs as a go-between over there as well).

Threads merging together means they read them and want to keep it all in one place for reference. They do comment on what they think at times and they do consider these things but keep in mind to get official responses this kinda thing needs to be seen and discussed by multiple people (standard corporate behavior).

Most critical threads actually get some kind of traction or response at some point, it's just not immediate. PvP level, Horse compensation, More ways to address the Ghillie suit and so on and so on... as someone really closely following it all I disagree that they ignore these things they just don't always sit down and talk about it.

Bugs are part of computer games... They do some bug fixing (you can see it in the patch notes) but yeah, a priority is getting the content caught up because we're playing a game that's practically a year more advanced than our server in 3 other servers.

I hate the patch notes we get and a lot of others do. It's one thing when it's drop rate increased or damage of x skill decreased but we get useless notation like "adjusted" and most of the time the patch notes are only marginally more useful than no notes at all and I agree, they really should get a whole lot better about that. I have to wonder if this is something they're doing at a publisher level or if it's Daum choosing not to say.

This point I disagree with in a way... I want them to keep the communication consistent between all their social media outlets; forums, twitter and facebook should all have important info broad casted and it should all have the same info; facebook and twitter being shorter with a link to the forum announcement for more details.

Q&A's still happen and we had two interviews last month that had a lot of the burning community questions in them.

It is the job of CM's the be the bridge between the playerbase and Daum and compile reports for the developer; but again they aren't really allowed to just speak freely, they can't comment on things they aren't sanctioned to comment on because representing the company properly is also a huge part of their job. They can't always just plainly say information even if they have it.
==

I absolutely agree that I would love to see the level of communication improve big time, especially when it comes to patch notes and notification of incoming updates and  I've felt for quite some time their communication levels are too lax.

It seems to take things getting out of control to provoke a response from them, and in a lot of ways I feel that's problematic because it ends up showing the user base (or at least forum goers) the way to get a reaction is to riot. Some of the things that have sparked controversy of late could have been nipped in the bud with clearer communication. Like I just started to see Mods come out and really say "you hack you're done" but it took people freaking out to get that, and it should have been the communication coming out in the first place; we find out they are upgrading the servers, but only after a long period of issues and people freaking out; they could have said "We're going to upgrade x servers this week and y servers next week but there may be some issues in the interum" and people would have been celebrating instead of pounding the forums.

I do think they communicate more than people give them credit for, but that has a lot to do with how often their communications get buried and how they aren't front and center right in people's faces (took them a cool min to start stickying important threads to the top of the forum sections).

Just my two silver.

Posted (edited)

Bugs are part of computer games... They do some bug fixing (you can see it in the patch notes) but yeah, a priority is getting the content caught up because we're playing a game that's practically a year more advanced than our server in 3 other servers.

Well, i agree on that, but still there are several bugs that aren't minor. However they are not gamebreaking, but annoying as hell.

Example:

Losing connection after a random amount of character swaps? This is grinding my gears. Especially combined with that Intro which cant be skipped.

This point I disagree with in a way... I want them to keep the communication consistent between all their social media outlets; forums, twitter and facebook should all have important info broad casted and it should all have the same info; facebook and twitter being shorter with a link to the forum announcement for more details.

As long as they broadcast it, would be totally fine aswell. But atm you can find some infos only on certain plattforms.

It is the job of CM's the be the bridge between the playerbase and Daum and compile reports for the developer; but again they aren't really allowed to just speak freely, they can't comment on things they aren't sanctioned to comment on because representing the company properly is also a huge part of their job. They can't always just plainly say information even if they have it.

I know about this. But they could improve on atleast requesting informations for the community. If they do so, tell us you did. If you can't comment on certain things for whatever reason, tell us you can't.

Edited by Jylin

Posted

1 - Well, i agree on that, but still there are several bugs that aren't minor. However they are not gamebreaking, but annoying as hell.

Example:

Losing connection after a random amount of character swaps? This is grinding my gears. Especially combined with that Into which cant be skipped.

2 - As long as they broadcast it, would be totally fine aswell. But atm you can find some infos only on certain plattforms.

3 - I know about this. But they could improve on atleast requesting informations for the community. If they do so, tell us you did. If you can't comment on certain things for whatever reason, tell us you can't

1- They've fixed bugs ranging from minor to major though, and they do every patch. Some bugs are naturally going to be much harder to deal with, especially in relation to disconnects and networks because this game was built to run on the most advanced internet infrastructure in the world.

2 - I know, which is why I expanded the point as to how I disagreed with you.

3 - There's nothing to improve in regards to requesting information. CM_Jouska adds a lot to the feedback reports and is pretty good about letting people know it has happened; the rest is out of his hands and above his pay grade. Saying that you can't comment may well be something they're not really supposed to say... it could be interpreted as a sign of incompetence to some... can't really say. Personally I would usually prefer nothing at all to "I can't say"

2 people like this

Posted

1- They've fixed bugs ranging from minor to major though, and they do every patch. Some bugs are naturally going to be much harder to deal with, especially in relation to disconnects and networks because this game was built to run on the most advanced internet infrastructure in the world.
2 - I know, which is why I expanded the point as to how I disagreed with you.

3 - There's nothing to improve in regards to requesting information. CM_Jouska adds a lot to the feedback reports and is pretty good about letting people know it has happened; the rest is out of his hands and above his pay grade. Saying that you can't comment may well be something they're not really supposed to say... it could be interpreted as a sign of incompetence to some... can't really say. Personally I would usually prefer nothing at all to "I can't say"

your number 1 so many +1 haha. everyone complains about the servers and networks, and yet they forget that South Korea has one of the most, if not the most, internet infrastructures.

Posted

How -----ing needy and insecure are you people?

Posted (edited)

Even the publishers of this very... umm....special game know how communication works:

Can someone donate CM_Jouska such a hat? Maybe he also starts doing it.

Edited by Novre

Posted (edited)

Nvm Jouska showed up finally

Edited by Jylin

Posted

I have to agree with OP, the lack of communication between Daum and the Community is really detrimental to the game as a whole.

It has been made obvious that they don't read the whole forum either - mostly just the general section.
For such a big company it shouldn't be a problem to hire 1 more guy to sit down at a desk, read through the forum all day and relay the community's concerns to the people who can do something about that.

I would also argue that the community should have direct access to provide feedback to Pearl Abyss.
The delay and maybe also straight up miscommunication is very detrimental to issues actually being addressed.