• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why No Night Vendor?

366 posts in this topic

Posted

That wouldnt make great sense because everyone could simply buy boss armor from there (ofc with major energy and money investments).
But that in itself would make fieldbosses somewhat useless.

Since we now get more boss and loot with Valencia, Blackmarket is totally okay.

The boss armor is still going to be BiS with Valencia so that doesn't really make sense.

Also, it doesn't make fieldbosses useless. The chances of a piece of boss armor showing up is very low and each time you want to see a new item it costs 50 energy. On top of that, if you get lucky enough to see a piece of boss armor from the vendor it may be extremely overpriced (there's a video floating around where Giath's Helmet comes up and it's 180mil).

So the rich players will be dumping their energy into a chance at spending a huge amount of silver for a piece of boss armor while the players who can't afford it can save up and use their energy to aid in making more silver.

People will still do fieldbosses because they provide a lot of silver in other items (gold bars, blackstones, livertos) and a chance at a free piece of boss armor. Meanwhile, the night vendor will allow the players who have more silver than luck to dump a ton of resources into maybe getting the opportunity to spend a ton of silver on a piece of boss armor.

It's an especially great system for people who can't be on all the time and end up missing the vast majority of boss spawns.

Posted (edited)

The boss armor is still going to be BiS with Valencia so that doesn't really make sense.

Also, it doesn't make fieldbosses useless. The chances of a piece of boss armor showing up is very low and each time you want to see a new item it costs 50 energy. On top of that, if you get lucky enough to see a piece of boss armor from the vendor it may be extremely overpriced (there's a video floating around where Giath's Helmet comes up and it's 180mil).

So the rich players will be dumping their energy into a chance at spending a huge amount of silver for a piece of boss armor while the players who can't afford it can save up and use their energy to aid in making more silver.

People will still do fieldbosses because they provide a lot of silver in other items (gold bars, blackstones, livertos) and a chance at a free piece of boss armor. Meanwhile, the night vendor will allow the players who have more silver than luck to dump a ton of resources into maybe getting the opportunity to spend a ton of silver on a piece of boss armor.

It's an especially great system for people who can't be on all the time and end up missing the vast majority of boss spawns.

You don't seem to get how loot works on field bosses.  Top damage generally gets the "best loot", its not the only deciding mechanic but your chances are much better.  In short, players with highest AP (and probably the most money/levels) get the loot most often from field bosses.  There is a reason the same players seem to get the best loot each time a world boss dies.  The chances of a brand new 55 player with <130 AP getting top tier loot is pretty dismal with the current system.

Night vendor makes it possible for ANY player to invest energy into RNG rolls for a chance at loot with opportunity cost from NOT using that energy for lifeskills/node investment.  This is the same for rich and poor players.  Field bosses hardly give any money unless your on top tier loot.  3 hunter seals and one 100k gold bar has little value compared to what you lose.  The opportunity cost is just too big to justify going to field bosses for money unless you are doing top tier damage every time.

You waste time you could otherwise spend grinding/life skilling to close the gap with the higher level players.  

Edited by Deverox

Posted (edited)

you are right and wrong. Grinding mobs for hours a day will net you some good cash. but those who No life Life skills who have hundreds of million silver chilling in their bank from crafting would require obscene amounts of mob grinding. Alot of life skill cash making relies on workers and many other things that don't use energy. Its a sustained income while grinding is strictly based on the time you put into it. 

I'm deep into the Professional Ranks in almost every life skill and I've got like... 15 mil to my name.

I think you're confusing Lifeskill grinders with Exploiters here....  yes some LS players are well into the Artisan and even "Master" ranks by now, but they're typically 1 or 2 per channel, and not all of them got there Legitely.  Such small numbers of ppl don't even BEGIN to stack up against the armies of Mob Grinders which proves that life skills are still lagging way behind for the average person even if the averaged sampled person is in the top 10%

Edited by iller

Posted

You don't seem to get how loot works on field bosses. 

Nice assumption. I stopped reading your response here.

Posted

Damn.. was still hoping for a reply to this >.<

Posted

Liked, signed, and want to know more.

Posted

Why has this thread gone unanswered for 9 pages? This is a npc that the majority of players would love to have (based off of personal experience people tend to go OMG that sounds amazing when they find out this dude is a thing). It's sad that the highest chance of me getting a liverto is by buying a duped one of the marketplace (yaaaa for laggy servers creating exploits?).

3 people like this

Posted

They will add it once masses start quitting the game and only the fewer whales remain. Once they realize there isn't much to milk from the people that don't regularly pay anyway. I'm not speaking about doomsday or whatever, but big chunks of players will leave soon, for multiple reasons (some will just hop onto the next new game) and the available cows will be less and less. That's when things will become more "reasonable" but by then I don't know how much of a difference that will make.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why has this thread gone unanswered for 9 pages? This is a npc that the majority of players would love to have (based off of personal experience people tend to go OMG that sounds amazing when they find out this dude is a thing). It's sad that the highest chance of me getting a liverto is by buying a duped one of the marketplace (yaaaa for laggy servers creating exploits?).

Only thing we can do is make sure this issue stays raised.

1 person likes this

Posted

Need answers please.

Posted

@CM's 

bananaphoneNoem.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They will add it once masses start quitting the game and only the fewer whales remain. Once they realize there isn't much to milk from the people that don't regularly pay anyway. I'm not speaking about doomsday or whatever, but big chunks of players will leave soon, for multiple reasons (some will just hop onto the next new game) and the available cows will be less and less. That's when things will become more "reasonable" but by then I don't know how much of a difference that will make.

Pretty much what's happened to Vindictus NA/EU. Now that the population has dropped to dire levels suddenly there are events to combat the RNG and lots of giveaways and contests. It's amazing how companies change their outlook once their bottom line starts hurting badly enough. The funniest part about it is that what's common to almost all of the MMOs that have this issue is that the players beg for changes and make it clear that if they don't happen they will walk long before it happens.

We should keep in mind, however, that this game's publisher is a one that bases most of its revenue off of mobile games, a venue in which for the most part I'm sure they're used to ignoring the majority of feedback that they get. Big companies often tend to think they know better than their customers. It feels like a lot of the people who run them forget everything that they've learned about providing customers with the products and services that they actually want and need once they get out into the real world.

Edited by Prototypemind
1 person likes this

Posted

@CM's 

bananaphoneNoem.jpg

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring Banana Phone. Plz answer Jouska.

Posted

The answer to everyone's questions regarding the "Night Vendors" is this...

Daum is holding off on the Night Vendors until they can properly implent a cash shop 'token' item that will allow the use of such vendors. This will limit the vendors to donating players only.

Posted

How has this not been answered yet... for all the stupid stuff they respond tooooo

1 person likes this

Posted

Please add this! There is not enough time for me to keep going to every boss for a low % drop while trying to get enough farming done and life skills up on my character!

Posted

I stopped levelling at 57, because levelling and doing bheg was aids.

So if you wanna shot at field bosses, you stop progressing.

Posted

I stopped levelling at 57, because levelling and doing bheg was aids.

So if you wanna shot at field bosses, you stop progressing.

That, or you blow keep $100 worth of pearls handy for when you want to do world bosses. Profits always trumps customer satisfaction.

Posted

I would also like a response. Will we see night vendors in Valencia part 1?

Posted

CM and GM responses are now set for RNG, you have to put the correct set of words together in the correct order to maybe get a response... 

Bump...

Posted

The answer to everyone's questions regarding the "Night Vendors" is this...

Daum is holding off on the Night Vendors until they can properly implent a cash shop 'token' item that will allow the use of such vendors. This will limit the vendors to donating players only.

Don't forget it will be a one use only token. xD

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring Banana Phone. Plz answer Jouska.

Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding BANANAAAA PHOOONE. I have my hunches, We'll be denied a-bunches...

CM and GM responses are now set for RNG, you have to put the correct set of words together in the correct order to maybe get a response... 

Bump...

FUS - RO - DAUM! Try everything I could think of...

2 people like this

Posted

https://media.giphy.com/media/maVgdDqfkfgwo/giphy.gif

Posted

Still waiting.... Wow, ignoring is not going to make this go away!

Posted

Because DAUM wants more cash from players spending on Ellion tears while trying to get stuff directly from bosses.

Yeah, your answer definitely hasn't come up in the last 9 pages.  Thanks.

Posted

"Daum wants Ellion Tears. Thats the only way we can get boss gear"

... but only two of the 4 "good" boss pieces can be obtained by field bosses.

"It doesn't matter, they want our money"

...okay?

I don't understand how the NA community can QQ so much about RNG, yet at the same time ask for more RNG.  You people understand that when the night vendor comes out the top guilds will roflstomp your faces... right?

Its better for the community if the night vendor never gets released, imo.

If it does though, I'm prepared.