• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Assessment of the complaints against BDO

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The complaints have been pretty predictable if you compare BDO vs WoW, or BDO vs GW2, or BDO vs TERA.
It has been either about P2W, grinding, end-game raids+dungeons, no trading, PvP, Level cap, Heavy marketplace tax, RNG etc.

1. WoW (PvE/RP servers), GW2, and TERA (PvE server) has no nonconsensual PvP. BDO has no PvE servers
  2. All three games have P2P trading
  3. All three games have end-game instanced dungeon and raids
  4. All three games are very casual level in terms of grinding, with fairly simplified game mechanics
  5. All three games have structured PvP, BDO currently does not
  6. All three games have a hard level cap, BDO does not
  7. All three games have "egalitarian" gear stats
  8. All three games have much lower AH taxes
  9. All three games are not as RNG heavy
  10. All three games are pure themepark MMO's

What I don't get is the P2W aspect. All three games have mechanisms that allow direct $$ to ingame currency transfer, which can be P2W. Then you can get all the BIS items on day one legally and without buying gold.

These aspects are the majority of the complaints, and are opinions rather than hard facts of what an MMO is supposed to be. 

Other complaints like hackers/botters/spammers/scammers/companies not communicating enough/Lag/server bugs and issues/unbalanced classes/unbalanced loot/ etc exist in all MMO games. These complaints are few and far inbetween compared to the complaints above. These complaints are also not based on opinion but rather real issues with the server, or classes being 1 shotted, 

Basically most of the complaints are differences between BDO and other popular MMORPG games on the market right now. 

Edited by HayamaLinnus
Fixed factual error for Tera, and clarification

Posted

Fields bosses are a joke in this game. 1 shot everytime stops players from progressing exp unless you sped irl money.

If you don't do field bosses you miss out on a chance of getting the best loot in game which is nearly impossible to buy in the marketplace.

I have a DUO tree spirit belt I'm sure if you never did a single field boss you will NEVER get this item unless you have God tier RNG and spend a month farming treants.

Posted

1. WoW has no nonconsensual PvP 

uh.. wat

Posted

What I don't get is the P2W aspect. Yeah TERA online is not P2W at all, but GW2 and WoW have mechanisms that allow direct $$ to ingame currency transfer, which can be P2W. Then you can get all the BIS items on day one legally and without buying gold.

Tera has that too btw.

You can sell cash shop items; when I quit on my server the ratio was something like 18:1 gold to emp ( I forget the exact amount, it was awhile ago)

uh.. wat

On the PvE servers, which are the more populated ones, you cannot PvP without flagging or PvP queuing.

Posted

uh.. wat

Correct me if i'm wrong but WoW has PvE or RP servers don't they?

Tera has that too btw.
You can sell cash shop items; when I quit on my server the ratio was something like 18:1 gold to emp ( I forget the exact amount, it was awhile ago)

Ah okay, It's been a while for me for Tera online. I said that because people keep harping on about how Tera online is not P2W at all. 

Posted

The problem with TERA is that without "Common Sense Guild Members" is impossible to run whatever of the End-Game Instances.
Recently, some magical "Enchanting Scrolls" appearted, which broke the gameplay, since they are obtainable with money only.

From what I can see in the videos here, all servers are too crowded and all the time someone is Kill Stealing/Looting

Posted (edited)

Ah okay, It's been a while for me for Tera online. I said that because people keep harping on about how Tera online is not P2W at all. 

Tera online is pretty p2w these days.

You can buy level 58 or 60 or whatever direct from the cash shop and sell EMP on top of the enchanting scrolls.

RNG boxes with very low chances of sucesses and offer objectively better stats and such.

Some will argue that it's not p2w because you can buy all the advantages with in game money, but that line of reasoning ignores that someone paid real cash for in game cash that they can turn around and have in game power with (Tera directly and indirectly sells power)

If you're willing to drop the cash you can be in really high end gear and max level in a matter of hours.

Edited by bakimono

Posted (edited)

What I don't get is the P2W aspect. 

GW2 p2w? Not really.

PvP has standard gear. PvE gear doesnt matter. WvW gear does matter, a little bit and only if you have less than Exotic quality. Getting gear however is so very easy that whenever i hit lv80 on a new alt i have it geared literally within minutes. Hardly costs anything.

Even if you are a new player and it is your first character at lv80, getting fully geared can be done pretty much instantly except maybe if there are certain runes you want that come from a dungeon. But you cannot buy these runes (indirectly) for real money either. 

That's why its not really p2w in GW2 and why no one does what you are suggesting, because it's a huge waste of real money to bypass no real effort and gives you no real advantage. It would be minor pay-to-skip at best, like an xp boost, because in the end you are no stronger than any other player who didn't spend extra money on the cashshop. Unlike in BDO.

Edited by Terrahero

Posted

Unlike in BDO.

You're really not noticeably stronger in BDO by paying money either.

My cousin finally has about as much time under his belt as I do (I purchased the game for him) hasn't spent a dime and we're on pretty even grounds power wise. His entire account literally only has the $30 initial purchase.

Posted (edited)

you should quit this game now. this game was designed to be the way it is and there's nothing you can do to change except play different game. 

- there won't be pve server cuz its a open world pvp game

- there won't be instanced dungeons/raids cuz its a open world grinding game

- there won't be level cap cuz its a grinding game

- there won't be p2p trading cuz of the way market system works with Min-max value. also lvl 55+ friend trades his new friend +15 kzarka weapon and +15 gears to powerlevel up and trades back after done.

- there won't be structured pvp cuz pvp is not competitive here

- there won't be lower taxes cuz taxes are the only money sink

- there won't be less RNG cuz its a korean game

Edited by clangpicky

Posted

GW2 p2w? Not really.

PvP has standard gear. PvE gear doesnt matter. WvW gear does matter, a little bit and only if you have less than Exotic quality. Getting gear however is so very easy that whenever i hit lv80 on a new alt i have it geared literally within minutes. Hardly costs anything.

Even if you are a new player and it is your first character at lv80, getting fully geared can be done pretty much instantly except maybe if there are certain runes you want that come from a dungeon. But you cannot buy these runes (indirectly) for real money either. 

That's why its not really p2w in GW2 and why no one does what you are suggesting, because it's a huge waste of real money to bypass no real effort.

It's been a while since I played GW2 but the last time I played people were complaining about ascended and legendary equipment, and how expensive it is. Yeah the gear difference is no where as bad as in BDO where +10 vs +15 is big, but an advantage is still an advantage. But maybe things have changed to the point where having gold in that game is now meaningless?

you should quit this game now. this game was designed to be the way it is and there's nothing you can do to change except play different game. 

- there won't be pve server cuz its a open world pvp game

- there won't be instanced dungeons/raids cuz its a open world grinding game

- there won't be level cap cuz its a grinding game

- there won't be p2p trading cuz of the way market system works with Min-max value. lvl 55+ friend trades his new friend +15 kazarka weapon and +15 gears to powerlevel up and trades back after done.

- there won't be structured pvp cuz pvp is not competitive here

- there won't be lower taxes cuz taxes are the only money sink

- there won't be less RNG cuz its a korean game

I'm personally happy with the game.

I'm just showing that most of the complaints are simple game design differences between BDO and other popular MMORPG games. 

Posted

Well, my wall plan is coming along nicely, it will be a very very beautiful wall

here is a pic of it 

Make bdo great.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

It's been a while since I played GW2 but the last time I played people were complaining about ascended and legendary equipment, and how expensive it is. Yeah the gear difference is no where as bad as in BDO where +10 vs +15 is big, but an advantage is still an advantage. But maybe things have changed to the point where having gold in that game is now meaningless?

Ascended is still a thing, it is a minor boost over Exotic but this does not apply to PvP and does not matter in PvE or WvW. The only reason to get Ascended is the fact it's acountbound which makes it easy to swap between characters, and its possible to change the stats on it in the Mystic Forge. So convenience above all else.

Even if you would spend real money to buy Ascended, this would not only be very expensive but Ascended is perfectly obtainable through normal gameplay, you would hit the plateau faster is all. Unlike BDO where i can get stats on cosmetics that i can only get by paying, that players who do not pay can ever get.

Consider it as follows. In GW2 you´d pay real money to hit 100% a little faster, but everyone can get to 100% in a reasonable amount of play time.

In BDO you´d pay real money and you can now hit 102%, those who did not pay can not go over 100%.

Posted

1. All three games are pure themepark MMO's

The single reason BDO is better than the other's imo

Posted

Well, my wall plan is coming along nicely, it will be a very very beautiful wall

here is a pic of it 

Make bdo great.jpg

I've got walls, and they're beautiful walls. Plenty of bricks in them, the best bricks, ask anyone I assure you. Only the best bricks, they're great. And you know what? When we build new ones we're gonna get them to pay for it.

Posted

My only complaint has little to do with the game itself but with the publisher using shady tactics to trick and milk players. 

Posted

My only complaint has little to do with the game itself but with the publisher using shady tactics to trick and milk players. 

Yeah developers and publishers always go back on their promises.

Same with GW2. I was excited when they published their "manifesto" but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU1JUwPqzQY

That game now is like nothing similar compared to their "Manifesto"

Posted

Are "assessment" threads the latest fad? If you have a point, I fail to see it.

Posted

Yeah developers and publishers always go back on their promises.

Same with GW2. I was excited when they published their "manifesto" but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU1JUwPqzQY

That game now is like nothing similar compared to their "Manifesto"

Yeah but in fairness... with any project really when you're on the ink and paper phase of things you have all these dreams of all these things that tend to fall to the wayside as those pie int he sky dreams clash with reality.

This is why I f**king ignore PR fluff and say "give me a working product and then we'll talk"

Posted

here is a pic of it 

Make bdo great.jpg

You really have too much time on your hands.

Posted

You really have too much time on your hands.

Took me like 15 mins lol 

1 person likes this

Posted

This is a different game, why the ----- people keep pushing it? 

Posted

This is a different game, why the ----- people keep pushing it? 

I'm not sure really. 

It is kinda of a weird time in the MMORPG genre. The newest WoW expansion is rather lackluster and many people are quitting, GW2's expansion was also lack luster and also many people quit. and TERA online is just turning into a kurfuffle of garbage. BnS is turning into just another korean F2P themepark MMO with a  ton of P2W aspects + a ton of gold sellers.

People are flocking to the newest hype which is BDO at the moment, and want the same "feel" as the MMO they quit. I think streamers like PVTwiggles and the lazy peon who used to be heavy WoW players, are finding that BDO isn't quite right for them, and maybe they are just tired of the MMO genre in general. 

Posted (edited)

Ascended is still a thing, it is a minor boost over Exotic but this does not apply to PvP and does not matter in PvE or WvW. The only reason to get Ascended is the fact it's acountbound which makes it easy to swap between characters, and its possible to change the stats on it in the Mystic Forge. So convenience above all else.

Even if you would spend real money to buy Ascended, this would not only be very expensive but Ascended is perfectly obtainable through normal gameplay, you would hit the plateau faster is all. Unlike BDO where i can get stats on cosmetics that i can only get by paying, that players who do not pay can ever get.

Consider it as follows. In GW2 you´d pay real money to hit 100% a little faster, but everyone can get to 100% in a reasonable amount of play time.

In BDO you´d pay real money and you can now hit 102%, those who did not pay can not go over 100%.

You are either clueless or just spreading false info around in order to make BDO look bad in comparison.

Ascended armor in GW2 is a must for PvE raids. Pretty much every half-serious guild and literally every pug will gear-check you and you will need to run full ascended.

The difference from exotic to ascended (everything infused) is roughly 10-15%. It is a huge difference in both WvW and PvE raiding.

Ascended gear costs roughly 1.2k to 1.5k gold, plus having to level a craft to 500 which is another ~150 gold depending on the craft. To get that you will have to do repetitive stuff (grinding duh...) for more than a month depending on your playtime. If you're a casual you're looking at a good 3 months to gather 1.5k gold.  

Of course all that can be skipped by paying exactly 75 euros to get a full ascended set and be "on-par" with everyone else.

Yeah, not P2W at all.... LOL

Edited by Yelloweyedemon

Posted

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0