• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse breeding is broken

34 posts in this topic

Posted

A fast horse is easy to obtain.  I have a tier 6 red/black male, 143 base speed, with sprint and start accel that works great for getting around.  Now I want my trophy horse. 

Fastest T6 is a "cow" with 127% base speed. I dont know where you got 143 out from. Your black T7 is only 0.3% faster.

Posted

Fastest T6 is a "cow" with 127% base speed. I dont know where you got 143 out from. Your black T7 is only 0.3% faster.

The T6N (the one you're talking about) is around 143- 144% at lvl 30; I think that's what he/she is talking about. Base speed is 127%, you're right about that.

Posted

No worries, you definitely won't get the fastest, seeing as how the black t7 is the slowest one.

I never said it was the fastest.  I don't care if it's the fastest or not was my point.  But please do continue telling people things they already know.  Your reading comprehension is not my problem. 

143 at lvl 30 was my point.  But thanks, as previously mentioned.  Not my point what is fastest.  All you min/max whiners can go play your number games however you want to. 

Posted (edited)

The T6N (the one you're talking about) is around 143- 144% at lvl 30; I think that's what he/she is talking about. Base speed is 127%, you're right about that.

Yes but that is at 30, I thought base was counted at 1? I dont know how much T7 has at 30 but at 1 it is just 03% faster. Anyhow I am just nitpicking, they are all fast enough for me, I am more concerned about skills which are yet another infuriating RNG.

@Pufferfish

So you try to be smart, somebody throws you off that high horse with facts and all you know to do next is try to insult them.

And then they wonder how they end on my ignore list 9_9

Edited by Kat

Posted

I never said it was the fastest.  I don't care if it's the fastest or not was my point.  But please do continue telling people things they already know.  Your reading comprehension is not my problem. 

Dude, chill. You'd do yourself a world of good if you stopped assuming that people aren't smart enough to grasp your oh-so-complicated meaning and aren't simply mocking you, and also that everyone should enjoy things in the same way you do. You want a t7 because it's rare, I couldn't care less about that but have my own reasons, and neither is somehow better or worse than the other. The point is though that RNG is absolutely ridiculous in this game, particularly when it comes to horse breeding. But don't take my word for it; happy breeding. Come talk to me when you've produced over 70 foals, none of which are t7 and most of which are a tier down from their parents.

Posted

Am i the only one that actually likes these odds, and is super excited every time hoping for something nice?

Like opening a present not knowing what will be in it..
(though i must admit, i never spend any real money on it, and i never would)

If horse breeding frustrates you, go do something else and just buy a horse :P
the 5% speed increase hardly seems worth all this frustration (or real money).

im with ya. I love horse breeding and the rng involved. 

Posted

I'm not a horse breeder but I am starting because I wan a t7, I never understood what "pure bred" meant until you show this pic. Thank you sir. That being said, the t5 horse we got from compensation, is that O in the t 5 chart? Because if it is, I also have the t6 horse F (storm) and they are both almost lvl 30 (27 and 26) this means that I will have an actual chance at a black 7 t7 yes?

Yes sir you are in luck! Those two add up to a black 7 and Gives you a chance for a Black T7. IF it where me i would get them both to LVL 30 and breed once, then buy a breed reset and do a second breed then exchange! Then you have 3 chances for a T7. Im doin that in a few days with a T5M and T6C ;)

Posted

From what i have seen breeding wise you are 70+% more likely to get a t6 female when breeding t7m+t7f , t7m+t6f. Since my stable is  now 90% t6f.......

Posted

"Finally got a T6 female and leveled up male to 30, and female to 20. This is very time consuming as most people know."

i had to laugh a little bit about your time consuming statement. Complain when you start to level up two t7 to lvl 30 for a serious t8 attempt. Despite that i would recommend that you use the horse breeding calculator "something lovely" and lvl male & female t6 both up to lvl 27 next time for the best chance to get a higher tier. Even then the t6 female curse can kick you in the n*ts. I got eight T6 females in a row no matter what parents i used. t6, t7, t8 breeding & exchange combinations gave me t6 females.