• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Refund Fail ty CS

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okie Dokie I have a question for all you lovely people. Do I have a leg to stand on here?

My situation is this, I bought for what I THOUGHT WAS 120 pearls each two of those 8 packs of warehouse storage. I got these from going through the promotion tab and clicking on the sale which then brings up the list with the 8 pack for 120 and others for 50 each. So I thought woo cheap stuffs and then realize it has taken 720 pearls per pack. I now see that when you go to checkout the price magically changes from 120 to 720 which I obviously missed, my bad fine. But I think I am fair enough in saying thats a bit of a bait and switch. Had I seen on the cash shop page 720 for the pack I wouldn't have bought them, so in other words it was a mistake me buying these packs.  Thought it was one price turns out it wasn't. So, I sent a ticket in asking for a pearl refund. I get a reply saying

"I have looked into your account and found the correct pearl balance of 720 charged for your items. 
Only one package costs 120 pearls, the other two costing 300."

I waited 18 days for that, Wasn't best pleased so I have sent in another to dispute it.

Their own terms say 

A player has 48 hours to submit a ticket on such issues otherwise the claim will be rejected.

Customer Support can remove the cash shop item purchased by mistake or purchased on the wrong character and replace it with it value in Pearls. Please specify in your ticket:

• the item you want to see removed
  • the character name and server on which the item was purchased

I sent the ticket within hours this was clearly a mistake, whether this is your fault daum is up for debate given that you are putting the wrong price on things in you cash shop. 

This to me seems they won't even keep to their own terms of service...but what do you guys think?

@CM_Jouska

2016-05-14_96214153.JPG

Ticket no 110666

Edited by Valkyrie

Posted

I do not mean to be argumentative, but i understood it clearly, and bought the 720 pearl selection. It has a drop down menu inside, and the item explination of each chest tells you exactly what it is. Is this your argument?

Posted

Statement: The pearl value over the add to cart/buy button is misleading and incorrect. This bot discovered that few days ago.

Mockery: The localization agent of the publisher is doing a poor job at these translations. If not, Developer and Publisher, both misleading people on that specific cash shop sale.

Inquiry: Does the organic meatbag carry a ticket number? Insert it also to your statement.

you are not correct mr. robot. Read the whole thing in the menu. The first row states 1 slot each for the 120 pearls. The select menu must be chosen and altered to choose the 8 slot version. Who would think that the 1 -8 options are the same price?

Not to mention, you have to confirm the listed pearl price.

Posted

....you didnt read, it is very very obvious the amount you are paying and what you are getting and that the drop down menu changes the quantity of the item you are buying. 

Use the cart next time seeing as you dont want to read >_>

Posted

I do not mean to be argumentative, but i understood it clearly, and bought the 720 pearl selection. It has a drop down menu inside, and the item explination of each chest tells you exactly what it is. Is this your argument?

I have looked and yes if you hover over the chest it shows it as one but in the big bold text which is all i had bothered to look at it says 8 not 1, and if it sells as a pack of 8 why put it as the price for a single item? It doesn't quite make sense to me. Yes, I should have taken more care but it is misleading and as I made a mistake I dont see why I cant get that refund.

Posted (edited)

OP doesnt have much logic given his avatar+signature

"Governed by logic & rules.".........lol

Edited by Hada

Posted

you are not correct mr. robot. Read the whole thing in the menu. The first row states 1 slot each for the 120 pearls. The select menu must be chosen and altered to choose the 8 slot version. Who would think that the 1 -8 options are the same price?

Not to mention, you have to confirm the listed pearl price.

if you go to the drop down list and choose 8 it is the exact same price as one for me

Posted

I have looked and yes if you hover over the chest it shows it as one but in the big bold text which is all i had bothered to look at it says 8 not 1, and if it sells as a pack of 8 why put it as the price for a single item? It doesn't quite make sense to me. Yes, I should have taken more care but it is misleading and as I made a mistake I dont see why I cant get that refund.

in most interactions with companies, this would be their stance. I do not see why this would be different. On a rare occasion, a company will forgive user error, but it is not something that should be expected.

Posted

my understanding was that if you want a refund within 48 hours, you get a refund. the fact the cash shop is intentionally misleading should never factor into it.

did you hold onto the item the whole time? should not matter imo, but that is the only way I can see them getting out of this

otherwise it is reason #0128939183791827391873 for me not spending any more in the cash shop

1 person likes this

Posted

my understanding was that if you want a refund within 48 hours, you get a refund. the fact the cash shop is intentionally misleading should never factor into it.

did you hold onto the item the whole time? should not matter imo, but that is the only way I can see them getting out of this

otherwise it is reason #0128939183791827391873 for me not spending any more in the cash shop

I still have the stuff sitting in my inventory unused

Posted

the OP said it has been 18 days...

Posted

the OP said it has been 18 days...

It took 18 days for me to get a reply. I sent the ticket within hours which I said.

Posted (edited)

yeah, they definitely take when the ticket was sent into account, not when they reply. I know that much

would really like clarification on the refund policy. trying to @ Dew but cannot find it, maybe they bit the dust :/

would make sense, they seemed fairly competent, cannot imagine anyone with more than half a brain working for DAUM for long

Edited by kirsch

Posted (edited)

It took 18 days for me to get a reply. I sent the ticket within hours which I said.

ah, my mistake, :$

kirsch is correct; their policy states that timeframe. If you are not satisfied, definitely pursue. :D

*RulesBot, i rely on you to help me from making these mistakes! Where were you?

Edited by Zibbernopperrroo

Posted

yeah, they definitely take when the ticket was sent into account, not when they reply. I know that much

would really like clarification on the refund policy. trying to @ Dew but cannot find it, maybe they bit the dust :/

would make sense, they seemed fairly competent, cannot imagine anyone with more than half a brain working for DAUM for long

Good they take when it was sent into account. I am just upset im probably going to have to wait another 2-3 weeks for a reply that is probably gonna just say no. When if nothing else my ticket is well within their terms so regardless of why I made a mistake I think I still ought to get a refund.

Posted

@GM_Dew.

1 person likes this

Posted

ah, my mistake, :$

kirsch is correct; their policy states that timeframe. If you are not satisfied, definitely pursue. :D

*RulesBot, i rely on you to help me from making these mistakes! Where were you?

No worries bro! We all make mistakes :P

OP doesnt have much logic given his avatar+signature

"Governed by logic & rules.".........lol

That isn't my signature just sayin

1 person likes this

Posted

No worries bro! We all make mistakes :P

That isn't my signature just sayin

couldve sworn you werent the op

Posted

couldve sworn you werent the op

I feel so hurt I could be replaced in your mind so easily!

Posted

"Permanently adds 8 slots to storages"

If the text is incorrect for the current selection, then the complaint is valid and reimbursement should be applied.

It is unfair if they take your money/pearls when they did not give you what they offered.

When a customer is misinformed, that is the responsibility of the merchant. Even if the merchant provided the correct information elsewhere, this does not prevent an undesired purchase that was based on the false information.

Reversing the purchase should be mandatory in such a case.

1 person likes this

Posted

"Permanently adds 8 slots to storages"

If the text is incorrect for the current selection, then the complaint is valid and reimbursement should be applied.

It is unfair if they take your money/pearls when they did not give you what they offered.

When a customer is misinformed, that is the responsibility of the merchant. Even if the merchant provided the correct information elsewhere, this does not prevent an undesired purchase that was based on the false information.

Reversing the purchase should be mandatory in such a case.

Thank you!

Posted

Ask to escalate it. You probably ran into a GM who doesn't know their job. Sadly very common with MMO customer service.

If they say no or are plain wrong always ask for it to be escalated.

Posted

108502bought wrong item5 days ago5 days agoOPEN

looks like i got 12 more days to go, will report back in 2 weeks.

Posted

Ask to escalate it. You probably ran into a GM who doesn't know their job. Sadly very common with MMO customer service.

If they say no or are plain wrong always ask for it to be escalated.

Was so annoyed they closed it with that statement and didnt even let me get in a reply.

Posted

Yup I just checked in game.

"Promotion" tab -> click on the storage expansion which leads you to the "Function" tab -> default item displayed is the 8-slots for 120pearls, drop-down menu is the 1-slot which is the actual item.

It is displayed correctly as the 1-slot option if you go directly from the "Function" tab though.

@CM_Jouska, y'all need to fix your pearl shop page.