• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse-taming Confusion

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello all,

Recently I've decided to do my tame my first little pony quest. I've looked at countless guides on horse taming but I do not seem to get it.

I've understood that I'm going to go through so many lassos, and so many sugar lumps .

What kind of confused me is the spacebar spamming minigame.

I understand that I'm not supposed to immediately press space when I've got my lasso around the horse and that I'm supposed to wait until the horse rears up.

I am able to initiate the spacebar  spamming minigame but  cannot find a way to win this game at all.

I would spam my spacebar like there's no tomorrow but somehow, I cannot even get past the left end of the bar let alone past the midpoint.

What gives?

Posted

really??? you must have some crazy weak finger/wrist muscles. did you ever play FFVIII?

I would give you some tips for strengthening them but I don't think this is that kinda forum

1 person likes this

Posted

really??? you must have some crazy weak finger/wrist muscles. did you ever play FFVIII?

I would give you some tips for strengthening them but I don't think this is that kinda forum

Thank you for your feedback.

Do you suppose that this can also be a keyboard issue?

What type of keyboard do you have?

Posted

oh god

OP it sounds like you're doing it right for the most part.  It's odd you can't get the bar past the middle in the wrestling minigame though, you don't have to spam it that fast to win it...

Posted

I think it could be a keyboard issue. I have the same problem you describe OP, if i try to tame from my own cpu (which has admitedly, a crappy keyboard), but have not that problem at all if I try from my husband's cpu (with a slightly better and different keyboard).

Posted

oh god

OP it sounds like you're doing it right for the most part.  It's odd you can't get the bar past the middle in the wrestling minigame though, you don't have to spam it that fast to win it...

Thank you.

I see. How fast do I have to press the spacebar?

Perhaps I have to press the spacebar in sync with something else?

Posted

I'd try using a different keyboard, as it sounds like your spacebar is acting funky.  either that or check that you didn't remap it for some reason.

Posted (edited)

Thank you.

I see. How fast do I have to press the spacebar?

Perhaps I have to press the spacebar in sync with something else?

No other keys, just mash that spacebar as fast as you can when the horse kicks its front legs in the air.  IIRC you have to do it for 10 seconds, then you can approach the horse until it kicks its legs again.  If that's not working, your spacebar might be broken or just crappy.

Edited by Anemone

Posted

Well, time to steal my comrade's precious computer for a try -inserts evil cackles-

Thanks all for the reply and feedback. I really appreciate them . c :

Posted

You don't really need sugar. It will speed things up a bit, but you can catch horses without it.

Posted

This minigame was clearly designed for boys.

If you have a boyfriend i would recommend you to practise with him.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

In all reality... Catching horses is a complete waste of time and just buying "used up" t1/t2 mares off the horse market, leveling them over 14 or 25, and exchanging them for a higher tier is plenty efficient enough for a casual/"hobbyist" breeder who just wants to dabble 

if i try to tame from my own cpu (which has admitedly, a crappy keyboard), 

This is a pretty well documented problem with open world games that put a lot of stress on "Potato" computers and laptops especially.

If your FPS for instance is under 30 there can also be Input delay as well, not just Refresh delay.  If it's under 20 FPS, then there starts to become massive inaccuracies between when you queue an input and when it registers even on your own client.  It's pretty common for players that are "lagging" to actually attack slower and deal less DPS than players on high end machines (60+ fps).  This of course not just affects minigames, but can even affect how well players can sprint - Jump-Climb up cliffs in various open world games.  The best documented proof of this infact is in Darksouls games where they specifically throttled the physics for 20-30fps  or locked frame rate consoles yet a player who exceeds that throttled coding could teleport right through the floor after sliding down ladders.  PC games will definitely accentuate this effect but in reverse and it's not uncommon to also get shoved clean through the Floor in a Kzarka fight when your FPS drops too low.

The most common cause of really low FPS is probably going to be having the settings too high for your CPU/Northbridge.  If clicking the Graphic-Quality below "very low" or "optimization mode" doesn't get you over 30 fps then it's likely that your BIOS settings are still on "Power saving mode" or your HTT speed (front side bus or Northbride) for you socket/motherboard is not at its full potential.  Or also very likely your RAM is also under-volted which is common with a lot of MOBO default settings.  (but if you don't know someone who's good with Overclocking then it could be dangerous to change them and you'll have to get help on TomsHardware forum or somewhere else that knows what the proper floor is for that hardware config)

Edited by iller

Posted

When i read the OP post i think you got the whole thing wrong.... You need just 1 lasso and you dont "win" the minigame and get the horse immidiatly. When the horse gets up you spam spacebar and keep the bar to the right side until the horse comes down again then move forward until you reach the horse, wait, feed sugar lumps in you want and then sit up......

Posted (edited)

I cant win horse minigame with my left hand (which is usualy placed on keyboard) either... :D And i am far from weak wrists, after decade of construction work... Its just more on the power side instead of speed one... When i am taming horse, i am hitting space with my right(mouse) hand... :D Similar to fishing... :D 

Edit: you just have to keep spamming space, when he gets his legs up... Once timer reaches zero, you walk towards it... If he gets his legs up minigame again... Repeat until you stay next to him, to feed him sugar (4 is usually more than enough)... Then press R and you are good to go...

Also important thing is, you need to have your traning level at begginer 5 minimum... Before that you wont be able to tame wild horse...

Edited by RoakOriginal

Posted

As a horse breeder hobbyist, I disagree.  I spent roughly 45 minutes checking horse spawns last night and caught 1 T2 female and 2 T3 females out of 8 wild horses tamed.  It would have taken me much longer to sit on the market and try to snipe those same female horses.  I also just enjoy searching for and taming wild horses, so I guess staring at the market screen is not appealing to me.

Posted

This minigame was clearly designed for boys.

If you have a boyfriend i would recommend you to practise with him.

I am "a girl" and I have no problem catching horses. I have problem with my stables being "cannot register any more" and leveling taking shitload of time.

I know "boys" who couldnt catch a horse in BDO if their life depended on it.

Posted

I am "a girl" and I have no problem catching horses. I have problem with my stables being "cannot register any more" and leveling taking shitload of time.

omg, it is a sex joke, get over yourself

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Sometimes my left hand gets tired after hours of taming horses, so I just use both hands at the same time, alternating between left and right fingers as fast as I can. It looks funny but it's easier and faster than one hand. Tried that yet?

Some people I know who aren't fast enough for the minigame prefer this method.

Edited by Kissi

Posted

You could try setting the jump function to a smaller button on the keyboard because they seem to be easier to press faster, the spacebar always feels so clunky to me.

Something one of my friends suggested while my boyfriend was having trouble with this same thing is setting it to the scroll thingy on your mouse but I don't know if that is possible nor have I tried it yet.

Posted

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I have to use more or less my whole arm to hit the space bar, my thumb is just too weak. Maybe because I don't have a smartphone, I don't know. Milking cows is a nightmare as well.

Posted

I just set my keyboard on top of the washing machine, usually works great for me

Posted

I use both my index fingers (one next to your thumb) to spam the Space Bar part of the mini-game. I just alternate each finger on both hands to spam it really fast. Works great for me, might be worth trying. ;)

Posted

Man, this topic makes me laugh.

However if you have trouble to finish the minigame, just use both hands for it.

I would recommend anyway to get one of those:

Posted

Don't look at me like that. :P

I made sugar lumps and got ropes and was getting ready for an adventure, but I tried the rope on a barfly in Velia and saw what type of mini-game it was going to be; sold all that crap and went to the marketplace. xD

Posted

Don't look at me like that. :P

I made sugar lumps and got ropes and was getting ready for an adventure, but I tried the rope on a barfly in Velia and saw what type of mini-game it was going to be; sold all that crap and went to the marketplace. xD

That is one thing I really wish to be able to trade. Got a few friends who are hopeless at catching (all boys imagine :P ) and I enjoy it so much yet have too many horses as it is and every stable is at "cannot register any more" nonsense.

1 person likes this