• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The thing that bothers me the most in this game...

75 posts in this topic

Posted

GO away kid, If you have no issue with gender lock then fine that's cool for you. but there a ton of people who wont play the game because of this issue.. but you would play the game no matter what.. so gtfo of here, you're perfect game will be out soon with all your virtual boobs.

if it's such a big issue. don't play.

Posted

if it's such a big issue. don't play.

*Golf clap*    good job kid, lets make this game as successful as possible! Lets tell people not to play!!! ^_^

Posted (edited)

*Golf clap*    good job kid, lets make this game as successful as possible! Lets tell people not to play!!! ^_^

you're the one crying '' I DON't WANT TO PLAY A FEMALE BECAUSE X REASON ''

there's counterpart for each classes , those who aint out will come soon.
deal with it.
you sound like the kid here, generation '' I deserve it because I paid ''

Why the hell are classes locked into certain genders?  You have an awesome customization tool for character creation, but can't have a male ranger or a female warrior, etc?

Why.... WHYYYYYY

because would you rather have 4 classes with both sex or frigging 8 different classes ?

Edited by Sizer

Posted

I don't like gender lock, but I get over myself once I actually start playing. It's not that big of a deal, but if you're so grumpified by it, wait until that particular class's counterpart comes out or ~play a different class~.

There isn't really a reason to argue about it. You either hate it so much that you wont play, or you'll get over it. If you actually like the game, you'll be one of the many you got over it.

Posted

LOL! Wow... I actually laughed. First, I aint no kid, the fact that you think because I'm not entitled makes me a kid shows your lack of maturity. Second, this game has both genders? How is a conversation from saying gender locked isn't a big turned into 'I WANT BOOBZ'. Your logic mate. And third, its good BECAUSE it has more than just both genders for every class. CONTENT is more important than YOU playing both genders on every class.

Kid.

Posted (edited)

Because many people care both about role they play and gender of their character... I have a friend that always play archers in games, but he dislike playing a woman character. So he won't play this game because of that.

I do not care that much, but I always take male characters over female ones...

So there are many people that would love to play this game, but won't simply because role/gender of character they want to play is not available. Imho gender locked characters add nothing positive to the game while they retract from the fun for some people... Basically only thing it brings is cutting down on work that is needed on animations and clothes.

In my opinion, things like that should not be in games.

It is basically paladin... Yeah, you can't have male Valkyrie, but you can make a new class, that would be exactly the same, just called Paladin.

And they did it, just as you suggested. There is a Seperate male heavy armor melee class called.... Warrior.

See, problem solved... 😂😂

And if your complaint is that Valkyries and warriors are different, you should look up Paladins. As a Teutonic order of knights that fought under the Holy Rolan Empire, they also had a much different power and skill set than Valkyries.

Edited by LordOnichan

Posted

You're both laughable jokes, Good job doing absolutely nothing for the community and game.

Posted

search_01.thumb.jpg.36fabdedb3167c478f64
+

search_02.thumb.jpg.1177ff5a016896b29942

=

search_03.thumb.jpg.71d41ccc5de93c82a2fe

6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy

Posted

You're both laughable jokes, Good job doing absolutely nothing for the community and game.

It was an artistic choice made by the devs to have classes be filled by one gender or another.

BDO is not set on earth so your liberal social justice warrior mentality has nothing to do with why women are Valkyries and males are warriors in the world of BDO. SJW ruins story and world lore imho

Posted

It was an artistic choice made by the devs to have classes be filled by one gender or another.

BDO is not set on earth so your liberal social justice warrior mentality has nothing to do with why women are Valkyries and males are warriors in the world of BDO. SJW ruins story and world lore imho

At least you're not being so toxic, what has gotten into you?

Posted

Agree with OP, gender lock is so archaic, its sad. I don't care how much work requires to make animations for males and females, they can take all the time in the world to make those if they need to. The counter parts classes are still different as heck from each other too. 

I mean the game is not ruined, but it is a serious downside. Perhaps once it takes off maybe they will add genders for all classes.

1 person likes this

Posted

At least you're not being so toxic, what has gotten into you?

Swallowed the blue pill by accident 

Posted

search_01.thumb.jpg.36fabdedb3167c478f64

If only I had more likes.. 

Posted

If you use the search function you can find other fellow whiners about gender locks. Pointless thread is pointless.

Posted

You do realize that the masses of people who complain about male sorcerers not being present but talk about female giants being disgusting aren't SJW's right? Like that's inherently contrary...

Posted

Why the hell are classes locked into certain genders?  You have an awesome customization tool for character creation, but can't have a male ranger or a female warrior, etc?

Why.... WHYYYYYY

Male Ranger WAS in the trailer... But since rangers are ELVES I'm pretty sure the new class to be introduced will be the male ranger along with the new elven area!
So, yeah.. Ranger is in the make.

About warrior, there is the Valkyrie.. they aren't copies of each other, but a little diversity wont kill anyone :) 
About Tamer and Giant and Sorc.. I don't think they will ever make any. But then again, who knows what the future holds for us :)

Posted

Immersion2stronk

Posted

You do realize that the masses of people who complain about male sorcerers not being present but talk about female giants being disgusting aren't SJW's right? Like that's inherently contrary...

lol, I don't recall ever complaining about there not being male sorcs. And never having dated a female giant, I can't really attest to their personal hygiene...

Actually I like that each class has a specific race and gender. It feels very organic. The witch and wizard being the same really disappointed me. I'm hoping for an in game lore reason for that. Hopefully it's because females gain magic more easily than males in the world of BDO...

Posted

lol, I don't recall ever complaining about there not being male sorcs. And never having dated a female giant, I can't really attest to their personal hygiene...

Actually I like that each class has a specific race and gender. It feels very organic. The witch and wizard being the same really disappointed me. I'm hoping for an in game lore reason for that. Hopefully it's because females gain magic more easily than males in the world of BDO...

I do too. It doesn't bother, hell, if I want to role play, it expands my origins, just didn't see how your brought SJW's into it when most of the people are consistent with the (albeit strawman) ideaology.

Posted

I do too. It doesn't bother, hell, if I want to role play, it expands my origins, just didn't see how your brought SJW's into it when most of the people are consistent with the (albeit strawman) ideaology.

I thought I smelled a whiff of SHW when people started posting about how unfair it is that classes were gender locked. It's very high fantasy.

Could you ever imagine Galadriel complaining that she couldn't be a wizard, or Gandalf wishing he could be queen?

They were gender locked and remained awesome regardless.

Posted

This circlejerk is still circljerking? I feel like im the  person in the middle of it after reading this.

Posted

This circlejerk is still circljerking? I feel like im the  person in the middle of it after reading this.

sticky?

Posted

The thing that bothers me the most in this game... is whinning people ? Cleek_image_culture_mot_kappa_josh.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

sticky?

The thing that bothers me the most in this game... is whinning people ? Cleek_image_culture_mot_kappa_josh.jpg

quite

Posted

We have a few threads about this already, I will go ahead and close this on in favor of limiting duplicated posts.