• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

OK, time for a new MMORPG!

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Played it wasn't really into the visuals , i mean i don't do healing to begin with so i played it for like 2 mins lol so i can't really say

Actually Skyforgs P2W had nothing to do with My.com as one of the ppl who work for my.com came into a friends streams and was going on about how the communication releationship is strained between them and  the  DEVELOPER because ppl were going on a rant about how the devs don't listen and he acknolwedged said they don't even listen to them. People are always so quick to jump to conclusions that it's always the publishers fault when in reality you aren't working for either so you don't know whats really going on  behind the scenes.I will be holding judgement until i actually get to play the NA version and see the cash shop so.Everybody seems to have a different opinion on what p2w even means so just because you call it p2w doesn't mean it's actually p2w by the strictest definition of the term. 

In the end My.com has a crap rep. They have 2 p2w games under their belt (Skyforge and Allods) and have massively mishandled Armored Warfare by not listening to the players and ignoring massive issues far too long (this one was also on the devs), not to mention screwing up basic events such as boosted weekends. It doesn't matter if these were My.com or the devs fault. My.com is the one that interacts with the community and hosts the game, thus will take the blame. Add in that RO is a Chinese game and Chinese games are notoriously p2w from the view of the west, you have a large hole that My.com has to dig out of.

My.com needs to actively work on proving the rep is not accurate and to do that they need to state their view of p2w, be clear, and direct with how they want the game to go and not hide behind PR and marketing terms. Most of all they need to stick by what they say they will do. 

Posted

this game i can't wait to try out and hope that it is as good as it looks like 

1 person likes this

Posted

You people need to just stick to WOW or ESO or some other pos game if you think BDO is crap (outside of p2w prejudice)

Posted

You people need to just stick to WOW or ESO or some other pos game if you think BDO is crap (outside of p2w prejudice)

isn't eso a bit p2w if i remember you could buy a ring of mara which would give you and your partner some kind of bonus?

Posted

isn't eso a bit p2w if i remember you could buy a ring of mara which would give you and your partner some kind of bonus?

Every single mmo (which is actually becoming every single game) nowadays is p2w. There really is no difference between b2p and f2p and there never has been. The cash shop rules all while devs simply decide on how many degrees of p2w is acceptable. Which really comes down to how much they think they can get away with.

Posted

you need to stop telling me what to do 

Posted

you need to stop telling me what to do 

What you do is your business.

What you need is obvious.

Posted (edited)

SO many Guests in this thread lol, all banned?

Pretty sure that was mainly Che, who is no longer with us here.

Edited by LaRue
double post bug

Posted

heard she got hit by a bus 

heard she got hit by a bus 

Posted (edited)

Not at all. Eso has or had(havnt played for a while)  nothing really p2w in the store. Mara rings gave 10% xp. But both had to be in party together and had to equip that rings. Meaning they lose a Stat ring. Mara had no stats besides xp. It's not p2w at all. Ppl that want to compete over something in eso never used that rings really. You always were dependent on 1 person. Nobody has that time. It was way more efficient to just not use mara and grind whenever you had time without waiting for partner. 

Besides that it literally only had cosmetics and a couple convinience stuff. No biggie. 

Edited by xMovingTarget
On phone, double post bug.. Fix it Kakao.. Doesn't happen on desktop

Posted

Im looking forward to Revelation. To be able to spread your points in the stats u like, sounds refreshing. The rest i didnt read much into it, but if its f2p i give it 100% a try.

Im looking forward to Revelation. To be able to spread your points in the stats u like, sounds refreshing. The rest i didnt read much into it, but if its f2p i give it 100% a try.

Posted (edited)

I played it a bit on Cn server. It didn't feel like something new. All the same old. Combat is mainly Tera with a bit of gw2. Classes are underwhelming. Only 1 real melee dmg class that's not a tank. The game reminds you of the cash shop fairly frequently. It has the typical stay online and you get useless candy stuff going on like every other CN game. It looks like loli land. And I am no friend of anime. In fact I hate everything anime or Manga. 

I honestly rather stay with bdo than that. At least here, the p2w is limited. 

I played another cn import baxk some years ago. Age of wushu. Was a decent game. But heavy p2w. Buy ingame currency for real cash and buy best gear ingame. No limits. 

Pretty sure revelation will end up like that very Quickly aswell. 

Edited by xMovingTarget
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Oh shit it's my.com trying to bring it here and my.com does P2W.

Edited by mattRlive

Posted

Looks like shit. And i'm keeping myself polite.

Posted (edited)

Looks like shit.

So does your dog.

Edited by Ben Garrison

Posted

So does your dog.

Wow, insulting my dog only cause i touched your pretty cutie little game?

A new record of sadness has been reached. Good job :D

Posted (edited)

This is gonna definitely set the bar for future mmos, too bad i bet its still gonna be few years till release

Edited by Tsinatsil

Posted

Kinda sucks, I like korean grinders, but Koreans got to lazy to grind so they just put crap like this out anymore qq

Posted

Kinda sucks, I like korean grinders, but Koreans got to lazy to grind so they just put crap like this out anymore qq

Why mindlessly grind when you can play a game that rewards skill and stratagem like overwatch/LoL/Dota2, which are extremely popular in Korea right now. MMORPG is a D e a d G e n r e kappa.

Posted

I like to drink when I play

Posted

LEGION

Enough said!

Posted

Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward

My absolute favorite.

New stuff upcoming, pretty big content patches between the addons and by far (for me!) the best gameplay and features.

'nuff said.

Posted

Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward

My absolute favorite.

New stuff upcoming, pretty big content patches between the addons and by far (for me!) the best gameplay and features.

'nuff said.

I really like ffxiv, but for some reason I always stop. Never reached end lvl :P but I always watch all the story quests

Posted

Legion sucks 

So does Harbringer

Posted

I really like ffxiv, but for some reason I always stop. Never reached end lvl :P but I always watch all the story quests

yeah, without friends it's quite hard to reach max lvl, but it sure is fun to play :)

also i like the feature, that you can max everything on one char, no smurfs needed.

OT: really nice avatar, berserk is awesome ;)