• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

SHOULD COSTUMES BE SOLD ON AH FOR SILVER

578 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello community. As we are all aware the devs in the PM Dairy 2.2 stated "if they allow cash shop items to be sold on the marketplace" which for some leaves the notion that they will implement a window for pay2win players to gain an unfair advantage. I have been defending why it shouldn't be allowed on the PM Dairy but some users such as @Colt556 are adamant that it will not break the game for x amount of reasons.

So should costumes be allowed to be bought with real life money and sold for ingame money? Please give a Yes/No answer and state the reason why you picked that.

I would like to get you some arguments raised in the PM Dairy between myself and @Colt556 as it will help show both sides to the argument.

@Colt556 arguments are as followed, with my counter arguments.

1. Its not pay2win if the players put materials there for whales to buy as it was earned by the player --- Regardless of where the materials come from, you are giving the whale millions/billions of silver to purchase all the materials on the marketplace, allowing him 2 upgrade his gear and gain a massive advantage on stats.
  2. Cash shop worked in other MMOs so it should work here --- I stated because elements worked in other MMOs does not at all mean it'll work here as the cash shop on Korea has already proven. Also, megaserver is a prime example as it works wonders in some MMOs, however it completely destroyed this one.
  3. It doesn't matter if I get killed by someone who pay2win or a no-lifer as they both will have better gear than me --- I stated the fact one has earned his game through time and effort playing the actual game, the other has spent seconds/minutes using real life money to gain massive amounts of silver resulting in a massive advantage.
  4. It doesn't matter if someone pays their way to the best gear as others will eventually catch up --- First I asked him to show me the non-Koreans who are +20 gear but he refused. Secondly, he stated allowing players such power is not a problem as it will not effect him. I mentioned it will effect many others at end-game.
  5. It isn't pay2win as someone earned their silver too purchase the costumes --- Again I mention it isn't the purchaser who is paying2win its the seller who convers his real money into massive amounts of silver.
  6. Korean launched the game with cash shop resulting in the whole playerbase knowing what was coming --- I asked for a quote to back this up, I am yet to receive that quote. I stated that the cash shop was implement after launch and a lot of the player base was skeptical about it. I also showed in that pre cash shop the game was top 10 in the Korean MMO charts, after the implantation of the cash shop, it plummeted down too the bottom 100s.
  7. Cash shop items that can be turned in for ingame currency didn't upset other games GvG based --- I showed him video proof of how devastating gear can be in BDO once Valencia comes. He laughed this off and said it was due to levels. I also stated how guilds can 1 shot our English players because they pay2win, destroying the endgame.
  8. Gear for a whale doesn't magically appear --- Gear can be obtained via silver or one can buy all the materials required to upgrade and craft his gear.
  9. You're a no-life so you will have an unfair advantage that's is considered p2w itself --- Despite me never mentioning the amount of time I have to play, I reiterated the fact that players who put time and effort into this game should and shall get rewarded for their commitment.
  10. You wont be able to tell the difference between a pay2win or players who grinded for gear, thus gameplay is unchanged --- Again, if players are getting one shot you can tell the difference.  And "no-lifers" will be certainly be able to tell the difference.
  11. I can't afford the costumes but whales can do support the devs for me --- This would cause disruption between all players as the community doesn't like pay2win systems, plus we've seen the long term negative effectives of this system on KR.
  12. It isn't turning real money in to silver that's the problem, its the gear - To somewhat we agreed, he denied gear was broken after I showed him video evidence. It took a statement from a third party who is in a GvG guild, confirming gear is broken, for him to believe. Nevertheless, I reminded him that this game will always have a heavy gear progression system. hopefully that isn't broken as it is now with +15 to +20. I told him gaining silver would still cause whales to have an unfair big advantage, maybe one that doesn't one shot people, but still an advantage. My example was as followed, a +15 will still have a big advantage of the +10 player, despite the gear scaling from +5 to +15 being nothing like +15 to +20.
  13. You cant pay2win because gear is RNG --- Each time you fail once enchant you gain 1 failstack, which increase your % of successfully enchanting your gear next time. Allowing a player a vast amount of silver will eventually make RNG irrelevant as he will of gained enough failstacks to successful enchant.

These are just some of the arguments from the PM diary 2.2 between myself and @Colt556. There are more there if you want to read. I wanted Colt to make this thread as he firmly believes he is correct. I asked him to make a thread so he can see what the majority actually wants and not what he wants. He has shown he has little knowledge of the game and I suggested it would do him some good talking to the majority and hearing their opinions.

So lastly, Should costumes be purchasable with real money and sold for silver? Silver which can be used by Whales to upgrade their gear. Yes/No and why?

Edited by Kouzan
3 people like this

Posted

No.
If we do that then we could just aswell get full trading too and then throw this game into the shit hole with the other whale mmo's.

29 people like this

Posted

where is the poll?!

2 people like this

Posted

No.

I think that they should stay with "No Cash shop gear sold for silver" as long as possible... Selling cash shop items on market destroys the game very quickly.

10 people like this

Posted

where is the poll?!

No poll because it can easily be abused via alt accounts. Also, I don't want people to vote without giving a reason why. Some people will vote Yes because they want this feature but aren't aware of the consequences.

2 people like this

Posted

Cash shop items should be cash shop only.

As long as items are strictly aesthetic and contain no pay to win squirellyness. I wouldn't oppose selling them for silver.

Honestly though, there needs to be more armor sets available in game that can be earned. BDO is B2P in NA, all these free to play inconvenience based game mechanics really aren't great.

Cash buys pearls.

Pearls shouldn't be able to be used to purchase silver or gain items that can be exchanged for silver.

Items that are traded with silver should never be able to be used to purchase cash shop goods.

Selling cash shop items for silver causes in game inflation.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

No, costumes should be exclusive to Item Shop in my opinion...

@EDIT: Cash* Shop, whatever :P

Edited by Adi

Posted (edited)

Costumes should be eclusive to item Shop.

$ shouldn't be trade for silver in game, that's all.

Edited by Grimbergen
1 person likes this

Posted

No, cash shop items should stay in cash shop.

Posted

No, cash shop items should not be tradable.
No, costumes should be cash shop only. Costumes are optional, so you might as well pay real money for them.
No, we do not want to bring these discussions up again. They were done.

Tripple No from me.

18 people like this

Posted (edited)

No, cash shop items should not be tradable.
No, costumes should be cash shop only. Costumes are optional, so you might as well pay real money for them.
No, we do not want to bring these discussions up again. They were done.

Tripple No from me.

agree, No, cash shop items should not be tradable.

agree, No, costumes should be cash shop only. Costumes are optional, so you might as well pay real money for them.

agree, No, we do not want to bring these discussions up again. They were done.

Tripple Agree from me ;) 

Edited by Grimbergen

Posted

NO! Cs items should remain CS items.

While at launch there wont be alot on the AH in the way of top tier +15 gear, later as the economy kicks in and gear is being sold, those who have infinite silver due to selling CS items will be able to gain an advantage, thus p2w.

Keep all CS items off the AH.

Posted

They should allow it!!!11!! This will make the game last alot longer!11!!!1! No one will be upset if they change it!!!!11111!!!!

Posted

Keep em off the cash shop.

My only caveat is pets - because this is pretty much the only MMO so heavily reliant on looting that DOESN'T have an area loot system outside of pets, there should be a way for more cash-strapped players to get these in game, even if it means AH. Although personally I'd prefer they reactivate the pet quest rewards from the earliest game builds.

4 people like this

Posted

I would rather that we NOT be allowed to sell costumes on the AH but... it's not a game breaker either way for me.  I've been playing MMOs since 1997. I've learned to adapt to change.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

If a person is too cheap to buy the costume they want from Pearl Abyss/Daum EU, they do not deserve it :P Go get a job, or if you have one, simply work 1-2 hours of overtime to get your costume and support the developer that has spent time to make you this beautiful game (mind you, they are only selling the game for $30!!!!!).

It's better to support a developer than a goldseller/sweatshop that only drags down the game economy.

Edited by VipeR
2 people like this

Posted

They stated it will not be possible.

We can make a thread when they suddenly make it possible even if the Game rises in popularity.

From a Business point of view, they still keep the option once the game is severely underplayed and doesnt bring anymore profit to make a final cash grab!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's better to support a developer than a goldseller/sweatshop that only drags down the game economy.

You are really off base. For one it doesn't support gold sellers because of how the system is designed. You are confused. You can't trade directly...so no room for gold sellers. Also AH items have imposed pricing limits from the developers, again no way for a seller to get around this. The gold seller idea is broken.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with people want to buy stuff with in game resources. You have to keep in mind someone still bought it...so Daum still gets paid. All it is is a transfer of resources from one person to another. Daum still makes bank.

The problem is that the game has very few options for costumes in game. There are some trade outfits you could wear, but that's about it. 

Edited by Luciferia
2 people like this

Posted

No.
If we do that then we could just aswell get full trading too and then throw this game into the shit hole with the other whale mmo's.

Posted

everything cash shop related should stay out of the AH, but i wouldn't mind seasonal equipment find its way to the mile system or older cash shop equipment at some point.

Posted (edited)

I get the idea of not wanting things to be tradeable. Yet you aren't avoiding P2W by simply not having the cash shop items not being able to be sold in-game. If anything there is a bigger divide than there otherwise would be. Costumes have stats, and there's plenty of other questionable items exclusive to the cash shop. Plus those revive potions are hilariously useful too (lets be honest you won't be getting many of those through mileage).

Edited by Genobee
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

There is no trading, no economy in this... game...

It is really  getting to the point of just being a console fps on prozac...Sadly.

I have never seen an MMO in history of MMos that didn't have economy, or trade. it's mind boggling.

Edited by Froggie

Posted

No just No

Posted

no!

but I want to change my silvers or mileage for pearls!!!!!

Posted (edited)

Hello community. As we are all aware the devs in the PM Dairy 2.2 stated "if they allow cash shop items to be sold on the marketplace" which for some leaves the notion that they will implement a window for pay2win players to gain an unfair advantage. I have been defending why it shouldn't be allowed on the PM Dairy but some users such as @Colt556 are adamant that it will not break the game for x amount of reasons.

So should costumes be allowed to be bought with real life money and sold for ingame money? Please give a Yes/No answer and state the reason why you picked that.

I would like to get you some arguments raised in the PM Dairy between myself and @Colt556 as it will help show both sides to the argument.

@Colt556 arguments are as followed, with my counter arguments.

1. Its not pay2win if the players put materials there for whales to buy as it was earned by the player --- Regardless of where the materials come from, you are giving the whale millions/billions of silver to purchase all the materials on the marketplace, allowing him 2 upgrade his gear and gain a massive advantage on stats.s.
  2. Gear for a whale doesn't magically appear --- Gear can be obtained via silver or one can buy all the materials required to upgrade and craft his gear.

Here is the p2w Whale u mentioned 

ss+(2015-10-23+at+03.45.26).jpg

Edited by Loken
9 people like this