• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

SHOULD COSTUMES BE SOLD ON AH FOR SILVER

578 posts in this topic

Posted

Meanwhile 99% of it is emotion-driven nonsense that doesn't do anything other than further their own self interest. The exception does not make the rule.

And if that's how you wanna go, then do it. I'm a realist too and because I'm a realist I believe the devs will do what makes them the most money. It's fairly easy to rebalance the high tier enchants and allowing cash shop items to be sold makes them more money. So from a realist standpoint why wouldn't they do these two things when they'd make them more money and take very little work?

Again, though. Those ideas were highly supported by the players (most of those other 99%). Survey answers can be just as emotionally driven btw.

It will take more work than you think to balance out the upper tiers. It would require a rebalance of PvE from at least Media to Valanecia and possible places in Calepheon, and the islands. This is not a small task that takes very little work. There are simpler solutions such as having it effect PvP only, but again, this is something that has been an issue for almost half the life of the game and has not changed. There comes a time where you have to pick your battles, hope for the best a prepare for the worst. Simply demanding something change that shows no signs of changing without having back up or pushing alternative solutions is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Posted

-

Your patience is really legendary, Noth!

Posted

Again, though. Those ideas were highly supported by the players (most of those other 99%). Survey answers can be just as emotionally driven btw.

It will take more work than you think to balance out the upper tiers. It would require a rebalance of PvE from at least Media to Valanecia and possible places in Calepheon, and the islands. This is not a small task that takes very little work. There are simpler solutions such as having it effect PvP only, but again, this is something that has been an issue for almost half the life of the game and has not changed. There comes a time where you have to pick your battles, hope for the best a prepare for the worst. Simply demanding something change that shows no signs of changing without having back up or pushing alternative solutions is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's really quite simple. If it doesn't change this game's gonna be deader than any other MMO mentioned in this discussion. The overwhelming majority of players will quit and only the hardcore niche community will remain. I sure as hell don't want this game to fail and I'm certain the developers don't want that either. So either it changes or the game dies, that's really the only two options, and I'd rather not just shrug and go "oh well, it wont change" and accept the death of the game. If you're fine with that, so be it. But I'm not. So I will continue to operate under the assumption they will change it.

Besides, have they even said they wont change it? The game's not even out yet and for all we know they could be working on it right now. Either way this really has absolutely nothing to do with this topic anyways. If they don't rebalance it then the ability to sell cash shop items should be the absolute last of your worries.

Posted

It's really quite simple. If it doesn't change this game's gonna be deader than any other MMO mentioned in this discussion. The overwhelming majority of players will quit and only the hardcore niche community will remain. I sure as hell don't want this game to fail and I'm certain the developers don't want that either. So either it changes or the game dies, that's really the only two options, and I'd rather not just shrug and go "oh well, it wont change" and accept the death of the game. If you're fine with that, so be it. But I'm not. So I will continue to operate under the assumption they will change it.

Besides, have they even said they wont change it? The game's not even out yet and for all we know they could be working on it right now. Either way this really has absolutely nothing to do with this topic anyways. If they don't rebalance it then the ability to sell cash shop items should be the absolute last of your worries.

Then you should be posting suggestions to improve gameplay and overall mechanics in the game. P2W isn't going to extend BDO's shelflife, that's a strategy used by desperate developers when heir game is about to tank anyways, or companies whose revenue model is inherently unbalanced for pre-determined profit based reasons. (which actually is the reason behind the unbalanced enchants and the focus on tedious grinding based progression...

The devs are already rebalancing for a B2P market, and as long as people keep telling the devs P2W=BAD, they'll keep moving towards rebalancing and adding content rather than the P2W desperation move.

Posted (edited)

Honestly, those against the rebalancing of +16-20 yet talk about pay2win, are probably just insecure nolifers who want to grind their way to roflstomp nubs and hate the fact that other people can do that same thing with less effort.  No one likes either of those two, but at least the pay2win person helps keep the game up and running.

Edited by pcid93

Posted

but at least the pay2win person helps keep the game up and running.

Uhh no, it actually help killing the game.

Posted (edited)

Just like all MMORPG, no matter what, the majority will quit. That is the very nature of MMOs this day and age. This game even with the change will be extremely lucky to have 200k+, probably even lucky to have 70k (assuming with only current preorder numbers) after a couple months playing it simply because it has something else that simply doesn't work in the west, and that is massive grind. The interesting thing is that people willing to put up with massive grind also tend to be more willing to put up with such a gear gap (of course not all). There are so many things that need changed in this game for it to not be niche in the west and the gear gap, is not the highest.

This game has been out for a little over a year now, with at least half of that requesting this problem be fixed. Our version has some small changes and our publisher hasn't really acknowledge the issue (if they have, then someone please direct me to the post). The change is large enough that if it was going to happen, it would probably have to go into all versions meaning it would take more for the change to actually happen. If it by some miracle it happens, it will come too late and the damage will have already been done for our version.

Edited by Noth

Posted

Uhh no, it actually help killing the game.

In what way?  When people rage at the so called "pay2win", it's because they see the gear and assume they are pay2win.  What are they really raging at?  The gear.  Let that seep in, or you can just keep ignoring the reality.

Posted (edited)

but at least the pay2win person helps keep the game up and running.

It keeps it running the same way coffee keeps a man who has been awake for a straight week without sleep running.
Every time he feels sleepy he just throws another random box cup of coffee at himself.

In the end no one will be able to stand the man and he will die a quick death all sad and lonely.

Edited by Yablo
1 person likes this

Posted

It keeps it running the same way coffee keeps a man who has been running for a straight week without sleep.Every time he feels sleepy he just throws another random box cup of coffee at himself.

In the end no one will be able to stand the man and he will die sad and lonely.

Yes, another one speaking out of emotion without thinking about what I was actually talking about.  You guys really can't see the core problems and are just looking at the surface...

Posted

My goodness! We were wrong all along @Yablo !
 :(

Posted

My goodness! We were wrong all along @Yablo !
 :(

Noooo... :C

Posted

Yes, another one speaking out of emotion without thinking about what I was actually talking about.  You guys really can't see the core problems and are just looking at the surface...

Hate to tell you this but those that you think don't want the gear gap changed, do in fact want it changed. I suggest doing some research before you make blanket statements. It just makes you look ignorant.

Posted

You're one of the only people I've seen who is most clearly speaking out of emotion.

Posted

Hello community. As we are all aware the devs in the PM Dairy 2.2 stated "if they allow cash shop items to be sold on the marketplace" which for some leaves the notion that they will implement a window for pay2win players to gain an unfair advantage. I have been defending why it shouldn't be allowed on the PM Dairy but some users such as @Colt556 are adamant that it will not break the game for x amount of reasons.

I would be happy if some people learned to read text as a whole and not just cherry pick the parts that triggers their fuses. In the PM diary there was talking about prevention of a misuse of selling cash shop items in large quantities. That means, you might be allowed to sell one costume per month or something in that order. But the best some can come up with is not at all a hysterical reaction, but more akin to WHALES, WHALES, they protect the WHALES... Thar she blows! Thar she blows! Man the harpoons.

Posted

In what way?  When people rage at the so called "pay2win", it's because they see the gear and assume they are pay2win.  What are they really raging at?  The gear.  Let that seep in, or you can just keep ignoring the reality.

Here's the general ranking of most well accepted MMO revenue models in the industry currently. In order from Best to "Screw this, I'm playing a different game!"

1. Buy to Play + Cosmetic only microtransaction

2. Free to Play + Cosmetic only microtransaction

3. Subscription model: some debate still over whether initial purchase is or isn't better

4. Free to Play + Pay to win elements

5. Buy to Play + Pay to win elements

Here in the forums most users seem to support the standard industry approved golden child revenue model.

Your suggestion is literally the worst possible outcome in the MMO business. B2P with P2W = The Worst

Posted

Here's the general ranking of most well accepted MMO revenue models in the industry currently. In order from Best to "Screw this, I'm playing a different game!"

3. Subscription model: some debate still over whether initial purchase is or isn't better

Here in the forums most users seem to support the standard industry approved golden child revenue model.

Your suggestion is literally the worst possible outcome in the MMO business. B2P with P2W = The Worst

The thing is it's not pay to win. Selling cosmetic cash shop items on the AH has never been and never will be P2W. If your actions have absolutely zero impact on other gamers then it's not P2W because you aren't winning anything.

Posted

The thing is it's not pay to win. Selling cosmetic cash shop items on the AH has never been and never will be P2W. If your actions have absolutely zero impact on other gamers then it's not P2W because you aren't winning anything.

Once again:

If your vanity item purchase can be converted into in-game currency, it s no longer cosmetic only. It becomes by default of your intent, a Pay to win scheme.

Posted

Hate to tell you this but those that you think don't want the gear gap changed, do in fact want it changed. I suggest doing some research before you make blanket statements. It just makes you look ignorant.

I don't know why you have to be confrontational about it.  I specifically mentioned the ones against the enhancement scaling.  

I never suggested any sort of revenue models in my post, actually.  You like to put words in my mouth.  And if you are trying to list the most successful models, you are still wrong.  What are the two most popular MMOs?  WoW and FFXIV, aka subscription based.

Posted (edited)

I don't know why you have to be confrontational about it.  I specifically mentioned the ones against the enhancement scaling.  

I never suggested any sort of revenue models in my post, actually.  You like to put words in my mouth.  And if you are trying to list the most successful models, you are still wrong.  What are the two most popular MMOs?  WoW and FFXIV, aka subscription based.

most well accepted MMO revenue models in the industry currently.

https://books.google.com/books?id=GV7ZAAAAQBAJ&pg=RA1-PA5-IA3&lpg=RA1-PA5-IA3&dq=mmo+revenue+models&source=bl&ots=j8Hn4MLebV&sig=hkNtkbGjzBQTKDlqtNapC2NFFu8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi68obnvbrKAhUJ5WMKHesrBc4Q6AEISzAI#v=onepage&q=mmo revenue models&f=false

Edited by LordOnichan

Posted

What I really wanna know right now is your motivation about why you are battling on the forums so much, are you planning to whale yourself or are you so dirt cheap that you will never consider spending some extra money for cosmetic items?

btw apparently today is international hug day so :**

Posted

most well accepted MMO revenue models in the industry currently.

What is this based on? Last I remember, the most popular MMOs are subscription.  Anywayofftopic 

Posted

I don't think it's a massive problem to be honest. Even WoW now allows players to trade gold for subscription time. It's a great way to help both people who might not have the money IRL to buy nice cosmetic items in the cash shop, and players who might have money to spend but not enough time to grind to get some gear for their character. It's only pay2win if the paying player can get something the non-paying player can't. I.e. selling exclusive weapons and gear on the cash shop that gives an advantage in game. 

Posted

top kek

no srsly, I cant even take these people seriously

Posted

Once again:

If your vanity item purchase can be converted into in-game currency, it s no longer cosmetic only. It becomes by default of your intent, a Pay to win scheme.

Your biggest mistake is thinking any form of real money to in game value automatically = pay to win. It is only pay to win if it gives you something others can't access for free or otherwise allows you to directly ruin other people's game by stomping all over them. The ability to sell cash shop items in BDO does not do any of this. So it is not P2W.

2 people like this