• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

SHOULD COSTUMES BE SOLD ON AH FOR SILVER

578 posts in this topic

Posted

You dont see the problem ?

Here i show you the problem.

1 person likes this

Posted

Your example's a bit flawed since that exact thing happens every single day. Some people put in more work and get less. It's just the way life works.

But here's the thing, how can you be annoyed? You won't know. You have no way of knowing whether that person grinded for it or sold costumes. And hell, even if they did sell costumes they still have to work through the RNG same as everyone else. It's not like +20 gear just pop out of thin air y'know. So if you're the type of person who gets upset over the mere knowledge that someone, somewhere, has something you don't or got something for less work that sounds a lot like a personal problem you should overcome.

Worry less about how others enjoy their game and worry more about enjoying your game. Because your entire argument is basically you letting yourself ruin your own game experience by spending an undeserved amount of energy fretting about how some stranger you will never meet obtained their gear.

In short there's no objective difference between a nolifer and a whale other than how they spend their time. Why do you care?

I will never understand why you people put so much energy in worrying about how strangers enjoy their video games. I honestly will never understand.

There is a diffrence.

One player did play the game hardcore for months on end.

The other player swiped his credit card and did zero ingame effort.

Posted

Worry less about how others enjoy their game and worry more about enjoying your game. Because your entire argument is basically you letting yourself ruin your own game experience by spending an undeserved amount of energy fretting about how some stranger you will never meet obtained their gear.

That mindset doesn't help improve the game. I'd say that mindset has what has caused both stagnation and the utter shit games that are simply rehashed over to be come the norm instead of originality and passion. It is why game companies like EA and MS care more about comercialization rather than putting out a great product.

Posted

You will know if a person is a whale or not by the way they're playing if you are atleast a bit of a decent pvp player..
how?
they would suck balls.

If that's your criteria you'd be mislabeling a LOT of people. The ability to grind all day everyday does not guarantee one's skill.

There is a diffrence.

One player did play the game hardcore for months on end.

The other player swiped his credit card and did zero ingame effort.

Yes but that difference isn't in game. That difference is invisible. It's impossible for others to know which one did what. There is no tangible difference between the two from outside perspectives.

That mindset doesn't help improve the game. I'd say that mindset has what has caused both stagnation and the utter shit games that are simply rehashed over to be come the norm instead of originality and passion. It is why game companies like EA and MS care more about comercialization rather than putting out a great product.

I'd say it's the exact opposite. Gamers now day spend an unhealthy amount of energy worrying about others instead of simply enjoying the video game. Games are just that, games. They're suppose to be something you do for fun. You simply are not suppose to spend this much time and energy worrying about how other people have their fun when their fun in absolutely no way affects you.

Posted

[...]

Thus I don't care. I'm far too pragmatic to care about inconsequential things like some nebulous 'fairness' that doesn't actually have any tangible effects on me.

[...]

Which roughly translates to: "I'm too much of an a-hole to care about things that affect the whole community and the life of the game, but don't affect me directly".

Why are you people still replying to this guy? :/ 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Which roughly translates to: "I'm too much of an a-hole to care about things that affect the whole community and the life of the game, but don't affect me directly".

And how, exactly, does it affect the whole community and the life of the game? Can you give me any objective examples beyond some nebulous, subjective feelings?

After all, my entire argument is built on the foundation that it -DOESN'T- affect anyone, at all. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Edited by Colt556

Posted

I'm still trying to find out if he is a troll, a plant from a rival game company, or just really that dimwitted...

Posted

I don't know, he is either the cheapest guy I've ever met on the internet or a troll.

Posted

Terminally ill people aren't kept alive on tax payer dollars. Why do you think their families get slammed with massive debt?

And in this instance it's wrong because the overwhelming majority of players don't care. So you're effectively screwing over tens of thousands of people because a tiny itty bitty fraction of the playerbase allows some nebulous feeling of fairness that they will never experience ruin their game experience. Stop caring about how someone else got their gear and focus on enjoying the game and it wont be an issue.

I see no problem with selling costumes on the AH.

Thats the US, not UK and a lot of EU countries. 

You obviously are making huge assumptions like the ones you've claimed everyone else of. You DONT speak for everyone. The only ones we can know the opinions of are those who speak. On those who do speak, you are the MINORITY. You CANT know what everyone else wants. And on the basis of what we do know, MOST people HATE your idea.

Posted

I don't know, he is either the cheapest guy I've ever met on the internet or a troll.

troll, I been reading his or her posts, its been hard  for me to follow/understand. but the jist of it , it seems is to just argue.

Posted

No!!!

Costumes should not be sold for in game currency none of the real money store should be. I want the money I spend on cosmetics going to the devs and the devs delivering a great gaming experience for a long time. I do not want one loser who has all the money in the world to dominate the game because he/she is lazy but rich. Screw that. I paid to play the game on a fair and even battle ground. 

I will support any class action to make sure everyone who has purchased the game as a buy to play customer to be refunded for every penny we've spent if this happens.

Posted

Thats the US, not UK and a lot of EU countries. 

You obviously are making huge assumptions like the ones you've claimed everyone else of. You DONT speak for everyone. The only ones we can know the opinions of are those who speak. On those who do speak, you are the MINORITY. You CANT know what everyone else wants. And on the basis of what we do know, MOST people HATE your idea.

I don't speak for everyone. There's three distinct groups. Those against it. Those for it. And those who simply don't care. You're in the group against it. I'm in the group for it. The overwhelming majority are in the group that simply doesn't care. Of the tiny fraction that speak up yeah, I might be in the minority. In the grand scheme of things we're both in the minority.

Posted

Costumes aren't a given, they are a priviledge. You buy them from cash shop, not for silver ingame.

If devs are fine with that and don't mind losing some revenue for game's well-being, I'm all fine with it as well.

Posted

No!!!

Costumes should not be sold for in game currency none of the real money store should be. I want the money I spend on cosmetics going to the devs and the devs delivering a great gaming experience for a long time. I do not want one loser who has all the money in the world to dominate the game because he/she is lazy but rich. Screw that. I paid to play the game on a fair and even battle ground. 

I will support any class action to make sure everyone who has purchased the game as a buy to play customer to be refunded for every penny we've spent if this happens.

How, exactly, would 'all the money in the world' allow them to dominate the game? In what way could they influence the game in ways other players couldn't?

Posted

I don't speak for everyone. There's three distinct groups. Those against it. Those for it. And those who simply don't care. You're in the group against it. I'm in the group for it. The overwhelming majority are in the group that simply doesn't care. Of the tiny fraction that speak up yeah, I might be in the minority. In the grand scheme of things we're both in the minority.

How can you assume that? There is no proof and your whole argument is about objective facts. So, prove what you're saying. 

Posted (edited)

How, exactly, would 'all the money in the world' allow them to dominate the game? In what way could they influence the game in ways other players couldn't?

All the ways the require large sums of money spent by males who don't yet comprehend, that said money would be better spent trying to attract a female...

Edited by LordOnichan

Posted

How can you assume that? There is no proof and your whole argument is about objective facts. So, prove what you're saying. 

There's plenty of proof. Just look at literally any MMO with this system. Do you see hundreds of thousands of players complaining? No? Because they don't care enough to bother? Exactly. If they cared they'd be voicing their opinions same as us. They don't care so they remain silent. Whether costumes are sold or not, the majority will remain the silent majority. Because for them, it doesn't matter.

All the ways the require large sums of money spent by males who don't yet comprehend, that said money would be better spent trying to attract a female...

U wut m8

Posted

Even the no lifer will still take MONTHS to get to a place a whale takes a couple of hours to get to. When you have unlimited funds, you can keep funnelling! Theres no need to go grind more, just swipe your card and have the funds again. Its Just retarded that you don't see that as wrong!?

Posted

You only joined on Saturday yet you preach for a pay to win game. 

Something is off about you. 

nothingsus.png

Posted

Even the no lifer will still take MONTHS to get to a place a whale takes a couple of hours to get to. When you have unlimited funds, you can keep funnelling! Theres no need to go grind more, just swipe your card and have the funds again. Its Just retarded that you don't see that as wrong!?

How, exactly, does the whale get there in a couple hours? I'm pretty sure 500m silver isn't enough to get full +20 set. I'm also pretty sure the materials don't just magically appear out of thin air. They can't buy what doesn't exist after all. By the time whales reach the top, nolifers will have reached the top as well. As such it doesn't affect anyone else since there's already people at the top with or without costumes being sold.

Posted

nothingsus.png

He is awfully insistant and deliberately obtuse and ignores evidence when it is copy pasted right to his face... He's a plant or a hater from another mmo.

1 person likes this

Posted

He is awfully insistant and deliberately obtuse and ignores evidence when it is copy pasted right to his face... He's a plant or a hater from another mmo.

They are definitely a shill of some sort.

Posted

I joined specifically because I heard people were trying to remove the ability to sell costumes. I've known for a very long time that BDO is unique among MMOs in the fact that it's impossible to get decent looking gear just by grinding. All gear in the game looks like level 1 starter peasant gear. However the knowledge that I could buy decent looking costumes off the AH was good enough for me. When I got wind that people were trying to change that I decided to make my voice heard.

Pot, meet kettle. The definitions you personally provided proved you wrong. Yet you ignored that fact because it didn't fit your narrative. Please don't be a hypocrite.

Posted (edited)

I joined specifically because I heard people were trying to remove the ability to sell costumes. I've known for a very long time that BDO is unique among MMOs in the fact that it's impossible to get decent looking gear just by grinding. All gear in the game looks like level 1 starter peasant gear. However the knowledge that I could buy decent looking costumes off the AH was good enough for me. When I got wind that people were trying to change that I decided to make my voice heard.

They made it so that people who want something can buy it from the cashshop if they choose to.

Also not all gear looks peasant like.

But hey its better  to look like a peasant then getting rekt by a wallet warrior.

Edited by Krogos
1 person likes this

Posted

This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood shills from:

Tera-online-free-mmo-promo.jpg