• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

SHOULD COSTUMES BE SOLD ON AH FOR SILVER

578 posts in this topic

Posted

Game is 30 dollars.

Full access to the cash shop is hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. If you honestly believe the ability to buy the game automatically means you can buy the cash shop you're naive.

Also devalueing cash shop items doesn't hurt anyone except the person trying to sell them.

If you can't afford cash shop items, you DON'T BUY THEM. Costumes are called vanity items for a reason. Wake up.

Posted

Game is 30 dollars.

Full access to the cash shop is hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. If you honestly believe the ability to buy the game automatically means you can buy the cash shop you're naive.

Also devalueing cash shop items doesn't hurt anyone except the person trying to sell them.

Very true, it hurts

Pearl Abyss...

Way to make your true intentions known.

Definitely a shill...Maybe from:

Beta_Announcement_blog_header.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Since it's objectively not pay to win, according to the definitions you provided, yes I can. It doesn't directly affect anyone. Nobody is harmed by this system. The game can remain healthy or even flourish under this system. Why would I have any problem supporting it? It has, literally, no downsides.

1: I would be able to indirectly support the game if I could buy costumes off the AH, you're the one not letting me support the game.

2: I never said I wouldn't play without costumes.

3: But I am forced to use the cash shop or be permanently stuck looking like a starter character. Whether you agree or not, customization and appearance are major factors of MMOs.

4: And I'm thanking god every minute for it.

1. How would you be helping a dead game? No one would play it. It will die just like AA. It would also mean the death of any Korean developer wanting to break into the "western" market.
2. Quoting your your 1. Response "in an indirect way" you did.
3. You are not forced you have to play the game to acquire better gear. 
4. Please have the same name in game so we all know who to look out for. The peasant looking level 50 FeelsBadMan.

Posted

You're not supposed to buy cash shop costumes from auction houses. You're supposed to buy them for real money and support devs in the process. With that sort of mentality you're not helping devs, nor the community, only yourself. Ignorance much?

Except I would be helping the devs. Supply and demand, economics 101. Because I provide demand people who have money will fulfill that demand. They would buy items they would not normally buy.

So let's break it down.

Cash shop items can't be sold:

Player A buy costume for his character. He does not buy anything else because he already has what he wants. Player A has spent 10 dollars.

Player B does not buy a costume for his character, regardless of the reasons. He does not spend 10 dollars.

The devs have made 10 dollars.

Now let's say cash shop items can be sold.

Player A buys costume for his character. However he also buys an additional costume to sell on the AH. Player A has spent 20 dollars.

Player B buys the second costume off the AH for silver. Player B does not spend 10 dollars.

The devs have made 20 dollars.

By allowing the items to be sold on the AH you allow more players to indirectly support the game by creating a demand that other players will move in to supply. So yes, I would be supporting the devs.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm not complaining about nolifers getting ahead. I am pointing out that the problems you propose (people getting ahead and stomping those weaker than them) exist no matter what you do because nolifers will be those people. Nolifers will be leaps and bounds ahead of the majority of players and use their power accordingly. Nothing changes. It's not a complaint, it's an objective observation.

Again, I've yet to see someone complain about no lifers being ahead. People don't see that as a problem because the person put in the time. People have issue with whales because they don't put in the time, they simply throw money at the game. The former is not perceived as a problem, and the latter is. This makes the latter a problem and the former not a problem.

1 person likes this

Posted

Very true, it hurts

Pearl Abyss...

Way to make your true intentions known.

Definitely a shill...Maybe from:

You mean it HELPS pearl abyss. If a costume gets you less silver in the game it means you have to buy more of them. If a costume's default value is 10 million silver and you want to buy an item that costs 20m, you would have to buy two costumes for 20 bucks total. Now if that item is devalued to say.. 5m silver, you would have to buy 4 costumes for a total of 40 dollars to buy that 20m item.

How, exactly, does making more money hurt pearl abyss?

Posted

Except I would be helping the devs. Supply and demand, economics 101. Because I provide demand people who have money will fulfill that demand. They would buy items they would not normally buy.

So let's break it down.

Cash shop items can't be sold:

Player A buy costume for his character. He does not buy anything else because he already has what he wants. Player A has spent 10 dollars.

Player B does not buy a costume for his character, regardless of the reasons. He does not spend 10 dollars.

The devs have made 10 dollars.

Now let's say cash shop items can be sold.

Player A buys costume for his character. However he also buys an additional costume to sell on the AH. Player A has spent 20 dollars.

Player B buys the second costume off the AH for silver. Player B does not spend 10 dollars.

The devs have made 20 dollars.

By allowing the items to be sold on the AH you allow more players to indirectly support the game by creating a demand that other players will move in to supply. So yes, I would be supporting the devs.

And every player who plays and even has the vaguest comprehension of fair and honest gaming has left because they went P2W, and lost innumerable dollars.

Not the best cost/benefits analysis there...

Posted

1. How would you be helping a dead game? No one would play it. It will die just like AA. It would also mean the death of any Korean developer wanting to break into the "western" market.2. Quoting your your 1. Response "in an indirect way" you did.
3. You are not forced you have to play the game to acquire better gear. 
4. Please have the same name in game so we all know who to look out for. The peasant looking level 50 FeelsBadMan.

1: No game, in the history of MMOs, has died because cash shop items could be sold on the AH.

2: Doesn't even make sense.

3: You're not forced to do anything, what's your point?

4: You'd probably get bant for harassment if you went after me in game over forum shit.

Posted

Again, I've yet to see someone complain about no lifers being ahead. People don't see that as a problem because the person put in the time. People have issue with whales because they don't put in the time, they simply throw money at the game. The former is not perceived as a problem, and the latter is. This makes the latter a problem and the former not a problem.

Exactly! No one cares if a no lifers has all the gear he/she EARNED it. Colt just doesn't get how people respect certain things done a certain way.

Posted

And that's where I go back to "nebulous feelings" and asking for "objective problems". There is no objective problem with selling cash shop items. Just a tiny fraction of the players find it unfair. Nothing changes whether they're sold or not.

And every player who plays and even has the vaguest comprehension of fair and honest gaming has left because they went P2W, and lost innumerable dollars.

Not the best cost/benefits analysis there...

Really? Then why is it that half of the top 10 active MMOs employ this system? Shouldn't all of their players have left already? Fear mongering is fear mongering.

Posted

You mean it HELPS pearl abyss. If a costume gets you less silver in the game it means you have to buy more of them. If a costume's default value is 10 million silver and you want to buy an item that costs 20m, you would have to buy two costumes for 20 bucks total. Now if that item is devalued to say.. 5m silver, you would have to buy 4 costumes for a total of 40 dollars to buy that 20m item.

How, exactly, does making more money hurt pearl abyss?

First you say:

Game is 30 dollars.

Full access to the cash shop is hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. If you honestly believe the ability to buy the game automatically means you can buy the cash shop you're naive.Also devalueing cash shop items doesn't hurt anyone except the person trying to sell them.

and now suddenly you're the cash store billionaire buying up stuff left and right?!?

Even as a troll, you're stretching the boundaries of belief.

Posted

Exactly! No one cares if a no lifers has all the gear he/she EARNED it. Colt just doesn't get how people respect certain things done a certain way.

Oh of course he doesn't, because its a frivolous feeling the MOST of the people on here need to get over because, you know, he wants to be a leacher.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

First you say:

Game is 30 dollars.

Full access to the cash shop is hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. If you honestly believe the ability to buy the game automatically means you can buy the cash shop you're naive.Also devalueing cash shop items doesn't hurt anyone except the person trying to sell them.

and now suddenly you're the cash store billionaire buying up stuff left and right?!?

Your post makes absolutely no sense. Re-read it and re-write it so it does. How does what I say translate into being a billionaire?

Oh of course he doesn't, because its a frivolous feeling the MOST of the people on here need to get over because, you know, he wants to be a leacher.

I'm not saying you should get over that feeling. I'm saying you should be more pragmatic with it. If that unfairness DIRECTLY affected you, yeah, I'd agree. That's not right. But it doesn't. It's someone, somewhere, doing something you don't like. It has no impact on you. It's like going out and protesting on main street because somewhere in the world someone got something without working for it. As I said, worry less about how others enjoy their game and worry more about your own enjoyment.

Basically what you're doing is like the WBBC standing on the corner protesting because someone got an abortion or something. It doesn't affect you in the slightest yet you have to go in and meddle and tell them how they're allowed to enjoy the game they paid for.

Edited by Colt556

Posted (edited)

And that's where I go back to "nebulous feelings" and asking for "objective problems". There is no objective problem with selling cash shop items. Just a tiny fraction of the players find it unfair. Nothing changes whether they're sold or not.

Many problems with the MMO market these days are not objective problems, but problems with perception. PKing is a great example of this. It is never as bad as people think, but can absolutely drive large portion of the playerbase away if it is perceived as such. Same with perceptions of P2W.

Also in this game, yes there is an objective problem since players can directly effect you. A guild that whales and no-lifes can make the game hell for the entire server due to the limited grind spots and go basically uncontested due to cutting off the progression of others. This is a major issue that can effect the health of the game. This however is much much less likely to happen due to the more even levels of power that exist without the whales being able to add to their no lifing.

Edited by Noth
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Your post makes absolutely no sense. Re-read it and re-write it so it does. How does what I say translate into being a billionaire?

Ah I see, your problem actually IS an inability to comprehend what is being written to you.

Analogies, metaphors, allegories.. All such intellectual devices have clearly been wasted on you.

Let me simplify to your level

YOU BUY FROM CASH STORE GOOD

YOU SELL TO OTHER PEOPLE BAD

YOU SELL, MAKE GAME BAD

Edited by LordOnichan
2 people like this

Posted

Many problems with the MMO market these days are not objective problems, but problems with perception. PKing is a great example of this. It is never as bad as people think, but can absolutely drive large portion of the playerbase away if it is perceived as such. Same with perceptions of P2W.

Also in this game, yes there is an objective problem since players can directly effect you. A guild that spends a but load and no-lifes can make the game hell for the entire server due to the limited grind spots and go basically uncontested due to cutting off the progression of others. This is a major issue that can effect the health of the game.

And it's been proven time and time again that the fanatical perception of P2W you see on these forums isn't held by the majority of players. No matter what type of MMO they are or what type of progression they have, they suffer no ill effects.

Also, if a guild of nolifers can do that then the ability to sell cash shop items doesn't affect anything now does it? That will be done regardless. As I keep saying, if the problem persists even if cash shop items can't be sold, then selling cash shop items isn't the problem.

Posted

First you say:

Game is 30 dollars.

I think you misunderstood Colts post. In the quoted post he is talking about himself, but his post talking about Player A (Moneybags) and Player B (F2P Peasant) is an example of the difference when cash shop costume can be sold on the AH or not. In that example he is Player B, not Player A so therefore not a billionaire. 

Posted

@Colt556 

1.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Ah I see, your problem actually IS an inability to comprehend what is being written to you.

Analogies, metaphors, allegories.. All such intellectual devices have clearly been wasted on you.

Let me simplify to your level

YOU SELL, MAKE GAME BAD

No, I just struggle reading broken english.

Also you have yet to explain how it's bad. Why is it bad? Does it hurt anyone? Does it hurt the game? Does it prevent people from doing the things they want to do in the game? No? It doesn't do any of these things? Doesn't seem bad to me, then.

Posted

I think you misunderstood Colts post. In the quoted post he is talking about himself, but his post talking about Player A (Moneybags) and Player B (F2P Peasant) is an example of the difference when cash shop costume can be sold on the AH or not. In that example he is Player B, not Player A so therefore not a billionaire. 

There are two of you?!?!?

Ok, let me reiterate.

YOU SELL, MAKE GAME BAD

Posted

Ok, let me reiterate.

YOU SELL, MAKE GAME BAD

Accusing people of being sock puppets should be, and probably is, against the rules. I should try reporting you and see what the mods have to say on the subject.

Posted

As someone who actually played archeage I can say from first hand experience that selling costumes and quality of life items on the AH played absolutely no part in that game's faults. It was the rampant botting that hurt the game the most. Selling costumes had literally no impact whatsoever.

You obviously didn't play archeage competitively.

The whales gear scaling is what killed it, KR BDO is the same case, people do not catch up on gear by pay to win, there is no catching up to the whales, they are far beyond what we can get to because they have not ONE Costume sold but hundreds. Thank you but no.

Posted

Ok, let me reiterate.

YOU SELL, MAKE GAME BAD

Really, the hostility from you is getting a bit much. The only thing I've said in this thread is that I agree with Colt's opinion that selling costumes on the AH doesn't hurt the game. I've not attacked anyone, so I'd like you to show me just an ounce of respect as well. 

Posted

You obviously didn't play archeage competitively.

The whales gear scaling is what killed it, KR BDO is the same case, people do not catch up on gear by pay to win, there is no catching up to the whales, they are far beyond what we can get to because they have not ONE Costume sold but hundreds. Thank you but no.

I fought alongside the guilds that controlled castles on my server. I'd say that's fairly competitive. Maybe things changed after I quit but when I played the ability to sell cash shop items didn't hurt anything. The biggest problem was botters grabbing all the land and flipping it for tons of gold. THEY were the ones with the best gear, not the whales.

Posted

And it's been proven time and time again that the fanatical perception of P2W you see on these forums isn't held by the majority of players. No matter what type of MMO they are or what type of progression they have, they suffer no ill effects.

Also, if a guild of nolifers can do that then the ability to sell cash shop items doesn't affect anything now does it? That will be done regardless. As I keep saying, if the problem persists even if cash shop items can't be sold, then selling cash shop items isn't the problem.

Actually, I'd say that P2W is one of the most hated things in the MMO industry by the western playerbase, so much so that the the mere reputation hurts the game. You know one of the most common statements I see about this game is? "Another p2w Korean game" that is many players first thoughts, and they don't give it the time of day after that. That perception is already hurting this game despite it not being true in any way for our version.

Here is the difference bvetween the no-lifer guild and no-lifer whale guild, there will be plenty of no-lifer guilds that fight for spots and this will free up spots as well for others. It becomes much harder to own spots at that point since there are more at your levels. Since there are fewer whales that no life, that means there are less on their level to fight them, which means they can locked down everything much easier.