• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

SHOULD COSTUMES BE SOLD ON AH FOR SILVER

578 posts in this topic

Posted

I fought alongside the guilds that controlled castles on my server. I'd say that's fairly competitive. Maybe things changed after I quit but when I played the ability to sell cash shop items didn't hurt anything. The biggest problem was botters grabbing all the land and flipping it for tons of gold. THEY were the ones with the best gear, not the whales.

It hurt things from the start, and gave advantage to a wallet over actual gameplay. I was part of the largest most competitive server, and when your in DELPHINAD gear and a delphinad weapon and that isn't scaled enough to compete, your game has failed. 4.5k gear score was a joke to 7k gear score terrible players who could KEYBOARD Turn and win.

Do you keyboard turn and use the S key? I bet you used the S key a whole shit ton.

Posted

Really, the hostility from you is getting a bit much. The only thing I've said in this thread is that I agree with Colt's opinion that selling costumes on the AH doesn't hurt the game. I've not attacked anyone, so I'd like you to show me just an ounce of respect as well. 

Just an ounce, but it does seem very odd that you just joined have like no posts but are suddenly the defender of P2W in this thread with the P2W madman over there. but, due to the shred of respect I have for you and out of common decency, I'll just say I believe you

Posted

Actually, I'd say that P2W is one of the most hated things in the MMO industry by the western playerbase, so much so that the the mere reputation hurts the game. You know one of the most common statements I see about this game is? "Another p2w Korean game" that is many players first thoughts, and they don't give it the time of day after that. That perception is already hurting this game despite it not being true in any way for our version.

Here is the difference bvetween the no-lifer guild and no-lifer whale guild, there will be plenty of no-lifer guilds that fight for spots and this will free up spots as well for others. It becomes much harder to own spots at that point since there are more at your levels. Since there are fewer whales that no life, that means there are less on their level to fight them, which means they can locked down everything much easier.

That's because they usually are P2W. However they don't get accused of P2W because they allow cash shop items to be sold on the AH. They get accused of P2W because they ARE P2W.

Whales wont skyrocket past nolifers, so they will compete all the same. And you just said there's fewer whales than nolifers, so even if they did somehow skyrocket past they wouldn't be able to affect the game as a whole. All in all, your average player wont notice any difference whether cash shop items can be sold or not. Nothing changes for them. Whether it's whales or nolifers, there will be people above them trying to be dicks.

Posted

That's because they usually are P2W. However they don't get accused of P2W because they allow cash shop items to be sold on the AH. They get accused of P2W because they ARE P2W.

Whales wont skyrocket past nolifers, so they will compete all the same. And you just said there's fewer whales than nolifers, so even if they did somehow skyrocket past they wouldn't be able to affect the game as a whole. All in all, your average player wont notice any difference whether cash shop items can be sold or not. Nothing changes for them. Whether it's whales or nolifers, there will be people above them trying to be dicks.

Yes they will, you obviously haven't played this game.

Posted

It hurt things from the start, and gave advantage to a wallet over actual gameplay. I was part of the largest most competitive server, and when your in DELPHINAD gear and a delphinad weapon and that isn't scaled enough to compete, your game has failed. 4.5k gear score was a joke to 7k gear score terrible players who could KEYBOARD Turn and win.

Do you keyboard turn and use the S key? I bet you used the S key a whole shit ton.

I was a Templar so it was the W key I held as I chased the archers down. However this has nothing to do with the ability to sell cash shop items. In archeage the main problem was botters making TONS of gold by flipping land. They made way more money than the whales did and they were the ones with snazzy gear first. After that the problem became WHAT was being sold on the cash shop. The ability to sell cash shop items was never the problem.

Posted

Maybe I should have done this sooner, but this s all a moot point. The devs have already posted their final decision on this matter and it says.

Update

• You will not receive Mileage with pearl purchases, the only way to get mileage is as a daily login reward.
  • Cash Shop & Mileage items cannot be traded or put on the Auction House

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/

1 person likes this

Posted

Just an ounce, but it does seem very odd that you just joined have like no posts but are suddenly the defender of P2W in this thread with the P2W madman over there. but, due to the shred of respect I have for you and out of common decency, I'll just say I believe you

99% of my posts are about this topic. I joined explicitly to fight for this topic since it's literally the only thing I care about. Everything else I'm fine with in the game and thus feel no need to argue over it. This is the one part that will hurt my ability to enjoy the game. It doesn't surprise me that others joined for the explicit purpose of making their voice heard.

Maybe I should have done this sooner, but this s all a moot point. The devs have already posted their final decision on this matter and it says.

Update

• You will not receive Mileage with pearl purchases, the only way to get mileage is as a daily login reward.
  • Cash Shop & Mileage items cannot be traded or put on the Auction House

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/

Aint nothing final about it. Everything is subject to change.

Posted

99% of my posts are about this topic. I joined explicitly to fight for this topic since it's literally the only thing I care about. Everything else I'm fine with in the game and thus feel no need to argue over it. This is the one part that will hurt my ability to enjoy the game. It doesn't surprise me that others joined for the explicit purpose of making their voice heard.

You joined specifically to push for P2W in BDO?

That's not suspicious behavior at all....hmmm....

Which game are you trying to drive BDO customers to with your nefarious plan?

classtest640.jpg

Posted

Subject to change if the majority wants so. They make changes based on majority. 

You are the minority. It's very unlikely to happen. So sorry.

Posted

You are failing to read. I'm saying that there are fewer no-lifers that whale than there are no lifers or whales. No-lifers that whale will skyrocket past no lifers. At the beginning whales will even be able to skyrocket past no lifers due to the speed of levels. After that though, no lifers will always hold the advantage in levels, and whales in gear. You are ignoring the fact that these things are already happening in the other versions. If there gets to be a guild that does this, unless there is another guild that also does it, they will dominate and it will effect even the average player when they go to grind and simply can't do to being stomped into the ground.

They are not going to change it back when they just made the decision and the majority that voices their opinion on the subject has wanted no cash shop on AH since well before the NA Alpha. It is one of the longest desired changes and showing that they actually listen and acre about the community.

Posted

You joined specifically to push for P2W in BDO?

That's not suspicious behavior at all....hmmm....

Which game are you trying to drive BDO customers to with your nefarious plan?

Accusing people of being shills should be, and probably is, against the rules. Maybe I should report that, too.

Attack the argument, not the person making it.

Posted

I was a Templar so it was the W key I held as I chased the archers down. However this has nothing to do with the ability to sell cash shop items. In archeage the main problem was botters making TONS of gold by flipping land. They made way more money than the whales did and they were the ones with snazzy gear first. After that the problem became WHAT was being sold on the cash shop. The ability to sell cash shop items was never the problem.

Templar...lol 

Yeah your a casual who wants to p2w.

Posted

Accusing people of being shills should be, and probably is, against the rules. Maybe I should report that, too.

Attack the argument, not the person making it.

There is no argument here, there is only agenda.

Posted

I randomly stumbled over the topic and thought I'd give my 2 cents, that's about it. Like Colt I don't consider the reselling of cosmetic items for in-game currency P2W, in fact I think its positive as long as the F2P players can obtain the same level of gear that a paying player can. Now I understand Black Desert has some issues with regards to gear scaling, and that if a lot of paying players suddenly pick up a bunch of powerful gear that could make an impact in PvP, but that to me doesn't seem like a P2W issue but more of an issues with the gear to begin with. 

Posted

You are failing to read. I'm saying that there are fewer no-lifers that whale than there are no lifers or whales. No-lifers that whale will skyrocket past no lifers. At the beginning whales will even be able to skyrocket past no lifers due to the speed of levels. After that though, no lifers will always hold the advantage in levels, and whales in gear. You are ignoring the fact that these things are already happening in the other versions. If there gets to be a guild that does this, unless there is another guild that also does it, they will dominate and it will effect even the average player when they go to grind and simply can't do to being stomped into the ground.

They are not going to change it back when they just made the decision and the majority that voices their opinion on the subject has wanted no cash shop on AH since well before the NA Alpha. It is one of the longest desired changes and showing that they actually listen and acre about the community.

Ok, so what's to stop nolifers from doing these very same things if cash shop items aren't sold?

Templar...lol 

Yeah your a casual who wants to p2w.

I'm at a loss. What does my class have to do with me being a casual who wants to P2W?

Also for your information the amount of money I spent on archeage comes to around zero. I didn't drop a single penny on that game.

There is no argument here, there is only agenda.

Yeah, my agenda is getting full access to the game I paid for without being forced to drop hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on it.

Posted

I randomly stumbled over the topic and thought I'd give my 2 cents, that's about it. Like Colt I don't consider the reselling of cosmetic items for in-game currency P2W, in fact I think its positive as long as the F2P players can obtain the same level of gear that a paying player can. Now I understand Black Desert has some issues with regards to gear scaling, and that if a lot of paying players suddenly pick up a bunch of powerful gear that could make an impact in PvP, but that to me doesn't seem like a P2W issue but more of an issues with the gear to begin with. 

The cash shop for NA doesnt have this powerful gear to worry about. and as long as sanity remains in BDO, cash shop to AH transfers will also not happen, so no worries. BDO will stay legit

Yeah, my agenda is getting full access to the game I paid for without being forced to drop hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on it.

At the 30 dollar level, this is the content you paid for. Nobody is shortchanging you.

Extra Content
  • 3 Housing Décor Coupons
  • Standard Content
  • Black Desert Online
  • 1 Guest pass (7 days)
  • 3 Unknown Dye Boxes
  • Appearance Change Coupon
  • 3 Partial Skill Resets
  • Steel Toolset Package

Posted

SHOULD COSTUMES BE SOLD ON AH FOR SILVER

Obviously no !

But, as P2P russian server, it would be a good idea that a NPC sell 2 or 3 costumes for silver, only for those who can't buy one to the CS. 

Posted

The cash shop for NA doesnt have this powerful gear to worry about. and as long as sanity remains in BDO, cash shop to AH transfers will also not happen, so no worries. BDO will stay legit

At the 30 dollar level, this is the content you paid for. Nobody is shortchanging you.

Extra Content
  • 3 Housing Décor Coupons
  • Standard Content
  • Black Desert Online
  • 1 Guest pass (7 days)
  • 3 Unknown Dye Boxes
  • Appearance Change Coupon
  • 3 Partial Skill Resets
  • Steel Toolset Package

Y'know why people defend 'pay to win'? Because people like you defend game companies nickle and dimeing their customers.

Obviously no !

But, as P2P russian server, it would be a good idea that a NPC sell 2 or 3 costumes for silver, only for those who can't buy one to the CS. 

What might be cool in the same general idea of 'free samples' is having an NPC that sells all the costumes. But you can only get one per character. I.E. if you go up to it on a warrior character you can choose any of the costumes available, but once you buy one you can never buy another costume from that NPC. This way you can still look decent just by playing the game but if you want to be able to change your looks you'll have to fork up some money.

Posted

Ok, so what's to stop nolifers from doing these very same things if cash shop items aren't sold?

The fact that there are more of them to fight each other, which prevents things such as perma owned castles, perma owned spots. The more common shifting of power means that the average player is less restricted as the no lifers have other things to worry about than that average killing in the corner of the spot. In short it makes it more competitive which benefits the entire server.

Posted

The fact that there are more of them to fight each other, which prevents things such as perma owned castles, perma owned spots. The more common shifting of power means that the average player is less restricted as the no lifers have other things to worry about than that average killing in the corner of the spot. In short it makes it more competitive which benefits the entire server.

So what's to stop the nolifers from preventing the whales from holding a monopoly? Even if the whales get ahead of the nolifers they wont be that far ahead. It's also silly to think that every whale would group up. It seems like your little 'war among the elites' would happen with or without whales.

Posted

Y'know why people defend 'pay to win'? Because people like you defend game companies nickle and dimeing their customers.

What might be cool in the same general idea of 'free samples' is having an NPC that sells all the costumes. But you can only get one per character. I.E. if you go up to it on a warrior character you can choose any of the costumes available, but once you buy one you can never buy another costume from that NPC. This way you can still look decent just by playing the game but if you want to be able to change your looks you'll have to fork up some money.

Well, you saved a massive 70 bucks for buying the 30 dollar deal. Just pretend that those extra 70 dollars was meant to be used for your costumes and cash store items. So you'll have your 100 dollars worth of content. All you have to do is actually spend 100 dollars.

Posted (edited)

So what's to stop the nolifers from preventing the whales from holding a monopoly? Even if the whales get ahead of the nolifers they wont be that far ahead. It's also silly to think that every whale would group up. It seems like your little 'war among the elites' would happen with or without whales.

Again youa ren't reading what I'm writing. A no-lifer won't be able to stand up against a no-lifer whale, just like a whale cannot stand up against a no-lifer whale. It is not about no-lifer or whale. It is about the no-lifer whales. If it is just no-lifers and whales, there is enough competition that the landscape can change enough to not heavily impact the average player. With no-lifers that whale, they get so far ahead, that competition no longer exists due to how few of them that exist compared to the others. It can be a major problem.

Edited by Noth

Posted

Well, you saved a massive 70 bucks for buying the 30 dollar deal. Just pretend that those extra 70 dollars was meant to be used for your costumes and cash store items. So you'll have your 100 dollars worth of content. All you have to do is actually spend 100 dollars.

I've been gaming for a very long time and that's probably why I rely on the original meaning of pay to win and the like. I'm stuck in the past. But part of being stuck in the past is I can NEVER justify a virtual dress costing 10 dollars. I can justify 10-15 dollars a month on a sub because I get full and unrestricted access to the game. But no amount of pretending will allow me to see something like a virtual dress as being valued at 10 dollars. And then the knowledge that if I want more than one. I mean as you start climbing up that's a day's worth of food dude. You keep going and you're getting into weeks worth of groceries territory. All for a few costumes. That's just not justifiable to me. I'd happily pay a sub if I got the full game, but I simply don't have the money to justify spending hundreds of dollars on a game and not even get everything in it.

I'm of the mind that if I pay for something, I expect the full thing. I don't go to the store and buy a pack of eggs only to find 4 of them missing and being sold for 30 cents each.

Posted (edited)

I'm at a loss. What does my class have to do with me being a casual who wants to P2W?

Also for your information the amount of money I spent on archeage comes to around zero. I didn't drop a single penny on that game.

So your issue is you want to get costumes in game without paying real cash, that is why your pushing so hard to screw over our game.

Dude..I'll just buy you a gift card and we can be over this topic.

Or better yet i'll introduce you to this thing called a job and work. You'll be able to pay for all the little trinkets yourself without paying in game. Then you can use your silver in game to be the best casual ever.

Edited by Maelvogar

Posted

Again youa ren't reading what I'm writing. A no-lifer won't be able to stand up against a no-lifer whale, just like a whale cannot stand up against a no-lifer whale. It is not about no-lifer or whale. It is about the no-lifer whales. If it is just no-lifers and whales, there is enough competition that the landscape can change enough to not heavily impact the average player. With no-lifers that whale, they get so far ahead, that competition no longer exists due to how few of them that exist compared to the others. It can be a major problem.

Very VERY few people can be a nolife whale. Very few people can have the money needed to buy their way to the top and still have the time to spend all day everyday grinding. So the few that do this would still be unable to affect the overall game and you certainly wouldn't get an entire guild of them. Their rarity isn't a benefit for them, it's a negative. They'd get taken down. All the meaningful ways they could impact others would be blocked by guilds. Say nolifers/whales reach +18. Say a nolife whale got +20. Great, but he's still one guy and he will never have the influence or control those guilds will. At best he can go around kill people, become a red player, eventually die because he gets swarmed and lose his gear or something. It's just not a big deal and doesn't affect the overall game.