• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

SHOULD COSTUMES BE SOLD ON AH FOR SILVER

578 posts in this topic

Posted

If you buy me one costume per class I will freely drop this. I'm not a fashionista, I don't need to constantly change my looks. As long as I look decent I'm content. So hey, if you're offering I aint gonna say no.

P.S. I have a job, but if you're offering one of those I'll take that too.

One outfit per class is $90 - not hundreds as you've stated. You've already contradicted yourself. 

Posted

NO ! Costumes should be eclusive to item Shop

Posted (edited)

And there's that negativity. You guys celebrated them removing the "P2W" as proof they listen. Why not trust them to tweak some numbers so that "P2W" isn't an issue to begin with?

Because as publishers, there is only so much they can do. Number tweaks (that don't effect combat balance) and cash shops are the most they have done. They are pushing a new PK system, but there is no guarantee of that. Oh and they have not even acknowledge the gear gap as an issue. Other things are pretty core to the game, and will not be changed.

Edited by Noth

Posted

Probably because that is simply an untrue claim. P2W is inherently bad on many levels. The number of people who actually make game purchase decisions with P2W as a dealbreaker or supremely negative trait isn't small. You'd have to do the impossible and find enough P2W supporters to get the decision changed... Good luck with that.

I'm all about paying for content, but totally opposed to paying for advantage. I suspect the majority of gamers here, even those who vehemently disagree with me on every other issue will agree with that.

Posted (edited)

Costumes for silvers is basically Daum/PA selling silvers on their cash shop.

Just. Don't.

Edited by Grey Ghost

Posted

One outfit per class is $90 - not hundreds as you've stated. You've already contradicted yourself. 

Really? I'd say it proves my point perfectly. ONE outfit per class is 90 bucks. Now how many outfits are there per class? Now what about pets? Access to the full cash shop costs hundreds upon hundreds of dollars, maybe even thousands. So no, I haven't contradicted anything.

Because as publishers, there is only so much they can do. Number tweaks (that don't effect combat balance) and cash shops are the most they have done. They are pushing a new PK system, but there is no guarantee of that. Oh and they have not even acknowledge the gear gap as an issue. Other things are pretty core to the game, and will not be changed.

A korean port not learning from the mistakes made in korea. I've been on this ride before.

Probably because that is simply an untrue claim. P2W is inherently bad on many levels. The number of people who actually make game purchase decisions with P2W as a dealbreaker or supremely negative trait isn't small. You'd have to do the impossible and find enough P2W supporters to get the decision changed... Good luck with that.

I'm all about paying for content, but totally opposed to paying for advantage. I suspect the majority of gamers here, even those who vehemently disagree with me on every other issue will agree with that.

P2W is inherently bad. Nobody will disagree with that.

The ability to sell cash shop items isn't pay to win, your own definitions prove that. Hence why MMOs that allow you to sell cash shop items flourish just as much as those that don't. There is no correlation between the success of an MMO and whether or not cash shop items can be sold. So clearly it doesn't play a big part at all.

Costumes for silvers is basically Daum/PA selling silvers on their cash shop.

Just. Don't.

Not quite. Selling silver causes inflation. Selling costumes that can be sold to other players does not. The ability to sell costumes doesn't hurt games. The ability to just straight up buy money from thin air does.

Posted

Really? I'd say it proves my point perfectly. ONE outfit per class is 90 bucks. Now how many outfits are there per class? Now what about pets? Access to the full cash shop costs hundreds upon hundreds of dollars, maybe even thousands. So no, I haven't contradicted anything.

I'm fine with spending the equivalent of a time gated subscription fee in microtransaction if the game is worth my time. At 20 bucks a month, that's a couple hundred a year and is seriously a negligible cost compared to the hours that would be spent in an actually engaging and interesting game.

If your complaints aren't about the game itself or shortcomings inherent within it, such a reticence to support the devs just smells of parsimony and not actual problems that can be solved reasonably.

Posted

I'm fine with spending the equivalent of a time gated subscription fee in microtransaction if the game is worth my time. At 20 bucks a month, that's a couple hundred a year and is seriously a negligible cost compared to the hours that would be spent in an actually engaging and interesting game.

If your complaints aren't about the game itself or shortcomings inherent within it, such a reticence to support the devs just smells of parsimony and not actual problems that can be solved reasonably.

Your average subscription is 15 dollars. That's 180 dollars. That's 18 costumes. That's two costumes per class. A -YEARS- worth of time is worth 2 costumes per class. Meanwhile if you spent that same 15 dollars on an actual subscription you'd get -ALL- the costumes, ALL the pets, EVERYTHING right off the bat. Do not sit there and defend this. This is far worse than any "P2W" by selling cash shop items on the AH.

1 person likes this

Posted

A korean port not learning from the mistakes made in korea. I've been on this ride before.

P2W is inherently bad. Nobody will disagree with that.

The ability to sell cash shop items isn't pay to win, your own definitions prove that. Hence why MMOs that allow you to sell cash shop items flourish just as much as those that don't. There is no correlation between the success of an MMO and whether or not cash shop items can be sold. So clearly it doesn't play a big part at all.

Not quite. Selling silver causes inflation. Selling costumes that can be sold to other players does not. The ability to sell costumes doesn't hurt games. The ability to just straight up buy money from thin air does.

Not quite like that either. Since this is a video game you can already make silvers pop out of thin air by killing more mobs (which are out of the player economy and part of the game's system). If you have a massive incentive(like a cool costume on the AH) you get more grind for silvers from players and thus inflation from that end as well. 

Posted

But you have, you literally just said if you could have 1 costume per class you would be happy. You JUST said that. Wow. You must be a troll, you have to be. 

Posted (edited)

Not quite like that either. Since this is a video game you can already make silvers pop out of thin air by killing more mobs (which are out of the player economy and part of the game's system). If you have a massive incentive(like a cool costume on the AH) you get more grind for silvers from players and thus inflation from that end as well. 

That's why every MMO suffers from inflation. Very very few MMOs provide sufficient money sinks so the endless supply of gold spawning from thin air due to quests or dungeons or mobs causes inflation. However the ability to just straight up buy money further increases inflation and a bunch of people buying currency can really screw up the economy, especially early on.

But you have, you literally just said if you could have 1 costume per class you would be happy. You JUST said that. Wow. You must be a troll, you have to be. 

Reading comprehension is important. You are combining two separate points.

Point 1: It would take hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to get full access to the game (I.E. the entire cash shop)

Point 2: I, personally, am content with one costume per class.

Those two points do not contradict one another. Stop making yourself look like a fool and actually read what people say.

Edit: Point 3: I, personally, am unwilling to spend 120 dollars on a game and STILL not have access to all of it.

Edited by Colt556
1 person likes this

Posted

You get my approvation 100/100

less homeless ppls who run around whit same clothes

more money income for the devs

less unfair advantages (sooner or later everyone can get the same things, even those who can not spend real money).

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Reading comprehension is important. You are combining two separate points.

Point 1: It would take hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to get full access to the game (I.E. the entire cash shop)

Point 2: I, personally, am content with one costume per class.

Those two points do not contradict one another. Stop making yourself look like a fool and actually read what people say.

Edit: Point 3: I, personally, am unwilling to spend 120 dollars on a game and STILL not have access to all of it.

LOL! $90 is one costume for every class, not hundreds of hundreds. If you're content with one per class, pay $90 over however long it takes for you to play 9 classes and you'll be happy. You would be spending that over so many months on a sub game and you STILL wouldn't OWN the game, its a sub, you are renting it.

Stop resorting to insults like you have complained about others doing. Prick.

Edited by Miffi

Posted

LOL! $90 is one costume for every class, not hundreds of hundreds.

You assume a lot though. We don't know costume prices. 

And people who like costumes tend to have more than one for their mains...I know in other games I've collected tons of them. It adds up over time. Hence some of us prefer to use our in game resources to acquire them. I really can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on costumes. But I have no qualms about buying one, then earning the rest in game. 

We never own our games, not sure why that is relevant. 

Posted

NO, we should NOT be able to sell cash shop items on the marketplace.

It is NOT fair in any scenario, because I will just be able to swipe my card all the way to +20.

Posted

NO, we should NOT be able to sell cash shop items on the marketplace.

It is NOT fair in any scenario, because I will just be able to swipe my card all the way to +20.

No amount of card swiping will get you +20 if the required components simply don't exist within the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

You assume a lot though. We don't know costume prices. 

And people who like costumes tend to have more than one for their mains...I know in other games I've collected tons of them. It adds up over time. Hence some of us prefer to use our in game resources to acquire them. I really can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on costumes. But I have no qualms about buying one, then earning the rest in game. 

We never own our games, not sure why that is relevant. 

About owning our games, it wasn't what i brought up originally. He stated this a few posts back about if he pays $30 he wants to own the WHOLE game.

About wanting to acquire them through the game, you literally remove the one thing they can generate money safely without breaking balance - cosmetics. Its just ridiculous that people want to take that away from them. I just don't understand peoples thought process. I don't see how anyone can complain about a video game that costs them $30 and will have hundreds of potential hours of gameplay and still want more for free. I just don't understand it at all. It sounds so entitled. You are already getting the gameplay at an incredible price, how can you not feel distain towards that? Its sickening that people don't want to pay for cosmetics.

1 person likes this

Posted

No amount of card swiping will get you +20 if the required components simply don't exist within the game.

Have you even played the game?

There are items called Black Stone ( Weapon/Armor ) that you use to enchant your gear. Tons of these will be on the marketplace all the time, so if I am able to sell cash shop items on marketplace to recieve silver, that means I can use that silver to buy the required materials to upgrade.

Posted

LOL! $90 is one costume for every class, not hundreds of hundreds. If you're content with one per class, pay $90 over however long it takes for you to play 9 classes and you'll be happy. You would be spending that over so many months on a sub game and you STILL wouldn't OWN the game, its a sub, you are renting it.

Stop resorting to insults like you have complained about others doing. Prick.

I never resort to insults. I don't have to. I resort to observations and when you refuse to read someone's post and make some completely inaccurate claims it makes you look like a fool. If you don't want to look a fool, make sure you actually read what other people type.

To get full access to the cash shop would cost hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. This is -FACT-. Every costume, very pet, all of it combined costs probably in the thousands. If we had a proper sub-based MMO you could get that thousands worth of content instantly just by paying 15 dollars. Yeah, you'd lose it all if you stopped paying 15 dollars. But how many years will it take to get all of these things by spending 15 dollars a month? One costume a month? Yeah, no.

So, again. To reiterate for you. Full access to the game in the current model would cost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. This cold hard undeniable fact of life has nothing to do with my own personal views on what I find acceptable or what I'm content with.

1 person likes this

Posted

About owning our games, it wasn't what i brought up originally. He stated this a few posts back about if he pays $30 he wants to own the WHOLE game.

About wanting to acquire them through the game, you literally remove the one thing they can generate money safely without breaking balance - cosmetics. Its just ridiculous that people want to take that away from them. I just don't understand peoples thought process. I don't see how anyone can complain about a video game that costs them $30 and will have hundreds of potential hours of gameplay and still want more for free. I just don't understand it at all. It sounds so entitled. You are already getting the gameplay at an incredible price, how can you not feel distain towards that? Its sickening that people don't want to pay for cosmetics.

That's f2p warriors for you. Want everything but don't want to pay a penny.

Posted

Keep the costumes in CS only, those who complain that cant afford them better get a job instead of wasting their time on games.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's f2p warriors for you. Want everything but don't want to pay a penny.

Why do you lie? Seriously, half your posts are just bold faced lies. I have explicitly stated, multiple times, I'd be fine paying a 15 dollar monthly sub as MMOs use to do. If it meant I got full access to the game.

Only the most privileged people can justify spending thousands of dollars on a video game.

Keep the costumes in CS only, those who complain that cant afford them better get a job instead of wasting their time on games.

"People are not allowed any form of enjoyment. They must spend 24/7 working jobs." And we found one of those privileged people.

Have you even played the game?

There are items called Black Stone ( Weapon/Armor ) that you use to enchant your gear. Tons of these will be on the marketplace all the time, so if I am able to sell cash shop items on marketplace to recieve silver, that means I can use that silver to buy the required materials to upgrade.

And this can be done in 500m silver? Seems like it'd be pretty easy to get to +20 then if an entire set can be enchanted with 500m silver.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why do you lie? Seriously, half your posts are just bold faced lies. I have explicitly stated, multiple times, I'd be fine paying a 15 dollar monthly sub as MMOs use to do. If it meant I got full access to the game.

Very rich coming from you indeed.

my goal here is to not pay anything at all. I want OTHER people to pay so I can buy with ingame currency. I simply do not have the money to go around buying costumes in a video game. I'm already paying full price for the game

1.jpg

Posted

Very rich coming from you indeed.

As I've said, and as I'm forced to repeat because none of you have reading comprehension skills. I do not have the finances to throw away hundreds of dollars on a video game. Even at just one costume per class that's 120 dollars. And that's just one costume per class, no pets, no other costumes, bare minimum. I can't afford that, so yeah I want an alternate way of obtaining costumes.

What I can afford is 15 dollars. 15 dollars is WAY easier than 120 -----ing dollars. If you can't understand this I'm sorry for you. But 15 is less than 120. So if they offered me a 15 dollar sub and gave me full access to the game, yeah I'd be fine with that. However being forced to spend 120 dollars just to get one costume per class is obscene and unjustifiable.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, they should be sold on the marketplace.

I dont see any reason to not do so. People are a bit exaggerating about how much p2w it will be in my opinion. If we get similar exchange rates like in korea, then we can farm so many silver in game in specific areas in a ridiculous short amount of time. Also the more wanna go the "sell on marketplace and get silver"-path, the less it will be effective. All depends on the demand. I do think its a good way for people how have not much time to play to still get some decent silver.

1 person likes this