• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

SHOULD COSTUMES BE SOLD ON AH FOR SILVER

578 posts in this topic

Posted

Of course i'm not aware of the problem. Why would i be aware of it if i have only read about 75 pages of discussion about it?

Your lack of awareness after reading 75 pages is truly puzzling. Perhaps you need a dictionary. 

Posted

Your average player will never catch up to a nolifer regardless. This, as usual, has nothing to do with the selling of cash shop items. Some people will always be at the front, whether they sold costumes or simply grinded all day everyday. There will always be those who reach the top first. And given all the hype on how long it takes to hit +20 99% of players in BDO will never reach the top. So it simply does not matter how that 1% did it, whether they sold costumes or grinded, it doesn't matter. The game remains the same for the 99% that didn't get there.

It is true what he says, the average player wont ever catch up to the nolifer or tryhard because the closer eveyone gets to the gear cap the developers will just keep increasing it to make sure players have more progress.

Posted

You KR argument has been invalid since you stated it, their cash shop is purely p2w. Have you even read the cash shop items being released here compared to there? It is a enormous difference. Find a new argument please.

Your right and thank goodness the devs have listened to us. Am I the one trying to change this? No! Infact you are from the PM Dairy 2.2 arguing to allow costumes to be sold for silver again.

Posted

Okay so lets say they fix the broken power scale from +15 to +20. It will still take months, years for some, to reach +20. Again, whales can get there effortlessly by buying multiple costumes and selling them ingame for silver. Is that fair to you? And if you want to back the developers, just buy costumes, I'm planning to buy every costume to help the development of the game.

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm going to have at least a dozen costumes in my wardrobe. BUT, from a gaming/PvP perspective they need to NERF HARD the power scaling of those enchants past +15. Otherwise, it's completely pointless to play this game.

Posted

Your lack of awareness after reading 75 pages is truly puzzling. Perhaps you need a dictionary. 

Ah, yes. Right, i forgot to add in that last line something that was repeated 6 times by me in the same post. Thanks for reminding! How could i think that it would be self explanatory. Stupid me.

Posted

You mistake me for someone wanting to make cash shop items unbound. I want it to stay that way that's why I made this thread as people are arguing on PM Diary 2.2 to allow costumes to be sellable and unbound.

Don't feed it. If you do it will only keep coming back.

I agree it is important to keep topics you care about alive. If the community becomes passive it can give a false impression that an issue is no long of concern. 

Posted

No they shouldn't.

It will be pay2win.

People that are grinding BDO so much will have less gear than people that play it once a week just because they have a lot of money.

The PVP will get unbalanced and not fun because people with a lot of money have a lot of advantages.

Maybe you can make it so you can sell costumes you bought with real money and when you sell it on the market you will not get silver for exchange but something else and then make it so you can only buy like horses etc with the money you get from it.

Posted

Ah, yes. Right, i forgot to add in that last line something that was repeated 6 times by me in the same post. Thanks for reminding! How could i think that it would be self explanatory. Stupid me.

Your last sentence nailed it.

Posted

Your right and thank goodness the devs have listened to us. Am I the one trying to change this? No! Infact you are from the PM Dairy 2.2 arguing to allow costumes to be sold for silver again.

They have already stated if they decide to allow items to be sold on AH there will be limits in place to keep it reasonable. So far this company has proved more then competent to publish a game, so I see no reason why I shouldn't trust if they decide to add items that it will be much different then what happened in KR. KR has an item that allows "whales", as you call them, to get increased combat exp and increased drop rate and sell it for 20-30million. The differences are so large that the only thing you could sell in NA or EU would be costumes and pets. Items which I'm sure everyone would like to obtain.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Again, whales can get there effortlessly by buying multiple costumes and selling them ingame for silver. Is that fair to you? And if you want to back the developers, just buy costumes, I'm planning to buy every costume to help the development of the game.

Well explained. 

Why, all people who want to buy cash shop item to ah don't understand that it's p2w for the guy who sell it ...

Don't answer me there will be p2w even that, cuz there is a difference between legal p2w and ilegal p2w

Edited by Grimbergen

Posted

Maybe you can make it so you can sell costumes you bought with real money and when you sell it on the market you will not get silver for exchange but something else and then make it so you can only buy like horses etc with the money you get from it.

That would not work. People that want to sell cash shop items on the AH are only interested in the in game currency. That's the whole reason they do it.

Posted

This discussion is actually related to that if you noticed. If it wasn't about gear curve many would argue there is no problem with selling costumes on the AH for silver.

And it's only logical that people would want to be able to enjoy games they play, outifts and visuals are a part of that experience. If your character had to look like pacman would you even want to play?

Right, but then one could argue that they should pa for their cosmetics. They are getting the rest of the game for a great price. And no, no one is that poor to not be able to spend $10. They spent $30 to buy the game in the first place. And the rare person who really can't afford it, well that sucks, but to implement this in the game, whether you see it as fully p2w or not, for the genuine few who really can't pay for it, it just bad for the health of the game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm going to have at least a dozen costumes in my wardrobe. BUT, from a gaming/PvP perspective they need to NERF HARD the power scaling of those enchants past +15. Otherwise, it's completely pointless to play this game.

Yup we agree on the scaling issue. Although you did not answer my question. As a PvP player yourself, you wouldn't mind facing players who have jump ahead of the curve via real life money? You will have to fight them afterall as a pvper.

Don't feed it. If you do it will only keep coming back.

I agree it is important to keep topics you care about alive. If the community becomes passive it can give a false impression that an issue is no long of concern. 

Yeah I think he just read the title and thought I wanted p2w lol. And thank you! This is why I made this thread as the PM Dairy is just littered with like 30+ pages of a few people wanting to unbind the costumes. I wanted them to bring their argument here, to the majority and see how their argument stands.

They have already stated if they decide to allow items to be sold on AH there will be limits in place to keep it reasonable. So far this company has proved more then competent to publish a game, so I see no reason why I shouldn't trust if they decide to add items that it will be much different then what happened in KR. KR has an item that allows "whales", as you call them, to get increased combat exp and increased drop rate and sell it for 20-30million. The differences are so large that the only thing you could sell in NA or EU would be costumes and pets. Items which I'm sure everyone would like to obtain.

Yes and we have discussed the limits. Limits on KR are a cap on the amount of money you can spend a month which is £500. And also they can control the prices for the costumes on the marketplace, currently costumes are worth 80million silver. I am yet to see where the whale doesn't see an opportunity here to exploit the cash shop.

Edited by Kouzan

Posted

That would not work. People that want to sell cash shop items on the AH are only interested in the in game currency. That's the whole reason they do it.

exaclty, they just want to got in game currency, in other word p2w ...

Posted

I have no idea how people don't understand what he is trying to say, god people of awfully dumb.

Posted

Regardless of Daum's current performance I know that I do not want any level of P2W introduced via selling CS items on the AH. It does not matter if Daum promises it will only be a little P2W, which is what that statement means. They will allow what they consider a reasonable amount of P2W. Many of us arguing against the selling of CS items on the AH believe that there is no reasonable amount of P2W. If the advantage is enough to impact the outcome of game mechanics (all things else being equal such as skill) then it is not something that a large amount of players want.

Right, but then one could argue that they should pa for their cosmetics. They are getting the rest of the game for a great price. And no, no one is that poor to not be able to spend $10. They spent $30 to buy the game in the first place. And the rare person who really can't afford it, well that sucks, but to implement this in the game, whether you see it as fully p2w or not, for the genuine few who really can't pay for it, it just bad for the health of the game.

If $10 is out of reach for someone they are likely to be better served by not playing MMOs and seeking out ways to be productive.

I have no idea how people don't understand what he is trying to say, god people of awfully dumb.

People understand what he is trying to say. It is not a matter of not understanding. It is a matter of being able to identify flawed logic supported with irrelevant comparisons. In other words people understand the argument being made is BS.

1 person likes this

Posted

You are wrong! Better buy vodka, whisky, cigarettes or extremely cheap wine than invest in game 10€/$ even if we want costume!

(this is 100% sarcasm) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You are wrong! Better buy vodka, whisky, cigarettes or extremely cheap wine than invest in game 10€/$ even if we want costume!

(this is 100% sarcasm) 

much better to argue and cry  ALL DAY AND FOR WEEKS to have the stuff in game buyable with silver, 
than to get a job and spend money for your costumes and support the game developpers and publisher at the same time.

lols, those poor folks.

Edited by Sizer
2 people like this

Posted

Um, is that a rhetorical question? (Yes) We are playing a hyper realistic RPG with amazing graphics. A lot of people wouldn't bother if the game had stick figure characters.

Your argument is cosmetically speaking, ours is gameplay. One is CERTAINLY more important than the other.

Posted

Regardless of Daum's current performance I know that I do not want any level of P2W introduced via selling CS items on the AH. It does not matter if Daum promises it will only be a little P2W, which is what that statement means. They will allow what they consider a reasonable amount of P2W. Many of us arguing against the selling of CS items on the AH believe that there is no reasonable amount of P2W. If the advantage is enough to impact the outcome of game mechanics (all things else being equal such as skill) then it is not something that a large amount of players want.

Time spent in game won't be equal. I don't really care which route Daum takes I'm just stating that if they do allow it I think the game itself is one of the far few that can be successful which allowing pets/costumes to be sold in the AH.

Posted

Wow... this is starting to turn in to a hostile topic :P 

Never the less.. i think that cash shop items should have NO benefits for the buyer.. but also not be sell-able in the game. not even to a NPC that is. 

in the past multiple games have proven that in the end the one with the biggest credit card will have the fun alone! cause those who are not buying... wil leave.. the unbalance between players will become to much. and there will be no more ways of catching up later on... Making it Impossible for new players to catch up. and be part of the game. 

Example: take a look at a game called Fly For Fun (FlyFF) those who have been playing since V3 are FILTHY rich.... new players cant even buy food to heal... market prices are in the BILLIONS ! while the game only has a cap of 2,1 billion for your self. and then you can exchange your money for coins equal to 100M. 

Pure Pay to win.. Pure selling of the one with the biggest credit card.. 

I want to avoid this game getting there. so i vote NO

Posted

Your argument is cosmetically speaking, ours is gameplay. One is CERTAINLY more important than the other.

+1

Posted

Cash shop items should NEVER be sold for silver since you can buy everything with it.

Nothing would stop the big spenders to go full +20 with minimal efforts.

1 person likes this

Posted

It might not effect anything mechanically, but in a game that is meant to be beautiful and and show off our characters it certainly will effect how people feel about the game. It could be the difference between someone continuing to play and quitting the game. Remember there are certain areas that have crazy exchange rates and are paying many times what we are for these costumes. No one is arguing that gameplay isn't important, but there is more to a game than the mechanics alone or companies wouldn't be investing in graphics engines like this or art development. 

2 people like this

Posted

It might not effect anything mechanically, but in a game that is meant to be beautiful and and show off our characters it certainly will effect how people feel about the game. It could be the difference between someone continuing to play and quitting the game. Remember there are certain areas that have crazy exchange rates and are paying many times what we are for these costumes. No one is arguing that gameplay isn't important, but there is more to a game than the mechanics alone or companies wouldn't be investing in graphics engines like this or art development. 

Of course, but its the luxury part of the game. Its the optional, its there to make the money that is lacked from giving you the REST of the game for a low price. If it effects someone so much, they are not RESTRICTED from ever having it. Its called paying for a service. They have not banned your account from accessing cosmetics, they are merely asking you to support them through visual differences, not one of power.