• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

SHOULD COSTUMES BE SOLD ON AH FOR SILVER

578 posts in this topic

Posted

No thanks.

When can we start complaining about gear scaling instead??

1 person likes this

Posted

No thanks.

When people stop making the dumbest of threads. =.=

Posted

I'm going with No on this subject.

That said, they could add ways to get costumes by events or occasionally throw them into the mileage store for certain times. Or they could add in a one way silver to pearl exchange (no pearl to silver so you can't buy silver). This would obviously have to be a rather large amount of silver per pearl so as to not take away too much from the profits of Daum and PA.

Posted

I'm going with No on this subject.

That said, they could add ways to get costumes by events or occasionally throw them into the mileage store for certain times. Or they could add in a one way silver to pearl exchange (no pearl to silver so you can't buy silver). This would obviously have to be a rather large amount of silver per pearl so as to not take away too much from the profits of Daum and PA.

Being a poor person irl I'd appreciate stuff like that.

Posted

I've gotta say, the people on the 'against' side are some of the dumbest, most unnecessarily aggressive people I have ever seen.(closely following anti-vaxers and trump supporters)*coughcoughsizercough* Bunch of privileged little goons. Some people won't realistically have enough money to buy ANY of the cash shop items, though this is usually younger people, older people, or foreigners.. aka the minority, so we don't give a shit. "ANY amount of pay2win at all is unacceptable"? Really? I don't see you clamoring to protest the buffs or convenience of cash shop items. Oh, that's right, it's because you don't actually give a shit about there being unfair advantages, you just don't want anybody to have an advantage over YOU.

Frankly, I support the trading of cash shop items because it would allow for free trade and make bots and gold sellers obsolete. That sounds incredible to me, if all I have to deal with is a few more people to compete with, and a bunch of privileged little -----s crying endlessly on forums. Suddenly I can get a costume for a friend, or idk, GIVE THEM AN ITEM THEY NEED. 

But no, keep the game as is... I will enjoy mercilessly obliterating all of you with the gear I "earn" by putting more time into the game in a week than is healthy to put in over a month. 

Your tears won't save you from me.

Posted

Yup we agree on the scaling issue. Although you did not answer my question. As a PvP player yourself, you wouldn't mind facing players who have jump ahead of the curve via real life money? You will have to fight them afterall as a pvper.

This question wasn't directed at me per se but I think a good deal of people would agree that it wouldn't matter as long as I stood some semblance of a chance. In tera, back in vm1 days, vm1, the best in slot, was 5-10x harder than getting conjunct which was second best. I still beat out full +12 vm1 slayer with +12 bow and +9 conjunct armors easily. Granted pvp class balance in that game wasn't perfect, but skill mattered. +12 vm1 compared to +12 conjunct was probably  <5% with benefits of very low RNG stun on hit I would say conjunct +12 is gear attainable for the average semi-dedicated player. If gear scaling was fixed enough, I honestly don't mind the whales supporting the game for an edge. You may say that the difference is so small why bother putting in that much more effort to get? Pvper's are competitive by nature, people will always grind for the absolute best. 

OT, no if gear scaling is not fixed. Yes, if fixed enough so that average players can kill BiS geared ones. 

Posted (edited)

Frankly, I support the trading of cash shop items because it would allow for free trade and make bots and gold sellers obsolete. That sounds incredible to me, if all I have to deal with is a few more people to compete with, and a bunch of privileged little -----s crying endlessly on forums. Suddenly I can get a costume for a friend, or idk, GIVE THEM AN ITEM THEY NEED. 

But no, keep the game as is... I will enjoy mercilessly obliterating all of you with the gear I "earn" by putting more time into the game in a week than is healthy to put in over a month. 

It doesn't make bots or gold sellers obsolete. GW2 allows you to straight up buy in game gold through their gem exchange, and bots and gold sellers still run rampant in that game.

There is no issue with you obliterating people if you have put the time into the game, so that isn't really a good point for you

Edited by Noth
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've gotta say, the people on the 'against' side are some of the dumbest, most unnecessarily aggressive people I have ever seen.(closely following anti-vaxers and trump supporters)*coughcoughsizercough* Bunch of privileged little goons. Some people won't realistically have enough money to buy ANY of the cash shop items, though this is usually younger people, older people, or foreigners.. aka the minority, so we don't give a shit. "

Realistically cant afford £10 for a costume but can afford atleast £30 to buy the game, a pc to run the game and internet to play the game. But ok.

Edited by Kouzan
5 people like this

Posted

No thanks.

Should I go get @Vecna to start the poll? :P

Posted

It could be the difference between someone continuing to play and quitting the game. 

This isn't wardrobe simulator. If being unable to purchase cosmetic items with in game currency is a deal breaker there are plenty of other games those players can go to. The desire for cosmetics is no excuse to allow P2W into the game. Cosmetics are not more important than mechanical game play. People may start a game because it's beautiful, but not many stick around because of beauty they do it because of thoughtful design.

Posted

I've gotta say, the people on the 'against' side are some of the dumbest, most unnecessarily aggressive people I have ever seen.(closely following anti-vaxers and trump supporters)*coughcoughsizercough* Bunch of privileged little goons. Some people won't realistically have enough money to buy ANY of the cash shop items, though this is usually younger people, older people, or foreigners.. aka the minority, so we don't give a shit. "ANY amount of pay2win at all is unacceptable"? Really? I don't see you clamoring to protest the buffs or convenience of cash shop items. Oh, that's right, it's because you don't actually give a shit about there being unfair advantages, you just don't want anybody to have an advantage over YOU.

0/10

Posted

Realistically cant afford £10 for a costume but can afford atleast £30 to buy the game, a pc to run the game and internet to play the game. But ok.

I know a few younger gamers who fit the bill, and then there are people who make it bill to bill despite being previously lucritive. Or the people with less than stellar currency, so are essentially forced to shell out 100 dollars for a costume. (As somebody who bought the 100 dollar package -whih converts to 145 dollars in CDN- I can say that I would pay 300 dollars for the game, but not 100 for a costume. Its just not reasonable) 

It doesn't make bots or gold sellers obsolete. GW2 allows you to straight up buyin game gold through their gem exchange, and bots and gold sellers still run rampant in that game.

There is no issue with you obliterating people if you have put the time into the game, so that isn't really a good point for you

why though? Real life comes first, I just have more time than others, it doesnt mean I deserve it any more than them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Totes! It's his destiny

Posted

If DAUM and PA want to make money just by selling cosmetic they need 10 times the number of costumes- underware-pets the game currently has.

Otherwise I really can't see how the game can self sustain without silver-pearls transfer mechanism.

I am not commenting on what's better for players, since I do not think that is useful in any way.

The revenue model is Buy to play. As long as the net balance between annual overhead and total purchases remains a positive number, the game is succeeding. 

Currently with hundreds of thousands of preorders, PA has covered their costs for NA/EU development and made a significant profit. 

That profit allows them to work on bringing in content over the next year that would make the initial purchase price of the game worthwhile.

Part of the unspoken agreement in B2P is an understanding that there won't be any P2W. This means no gold selling schemes and no cash shop purchases giving people an unfair advantage. In a F2P revenue model, privilege through purchase is the norm, but in B2P it is the enemy.

Now compare the game to its closest competitors in the same region and market demographic. In a pure cold blooded evaluation and comparison, BDO delivers far less content, PVP, PVE, and PVX, than any of its competitors. Many of them are even in a F2P revenue model. Blade and Soul, GW2, and the rest give out much more gameplay related content than BDO currently possesses. 

So it isn't being able to stick their store with pretty accessories that will determine the success of BDO. Their success will rely solely on the opinions of their existing customers. 

Is the answer to the question, "Have I gotten a fair value for my money in BDO?"

If the devs work on constantly creating CONTENT and not accessories or P2W schemes. Most purchasers will answer YES. 

If they believe that the game was actually worth their $50-100 purchase price, they'll spend money on micro transactions for aesthetic items without fail.

So in the end, Pearl Abyss concentrating on making a fun, complex, robust, and content filled game will determine their success. Who woulda guessed? Success for a game company depends on them making a good game...

😂😁😅😎

Posted

ss+(2015-10-23+at+03.45.26).jpg

I was looking everywhere for this, saving it this time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Never in a million years. It would just flood the trade chat with gold sellers since you can basically trade ingame currency or items. It is also bad fore pay to win even though I use money to quicken the process of enhancing items.

Posted (edited)

When people stop making the dumbest of threads. =.=

I understand this topic has been brought up many of times and I have joined in on those topics also. However the PM Dairy is 30+ pages of players demanding costumes being purchasable with silver via the AH, coming from the AH being the key thing they want, not from a npc. For me its important to bring this issue up with the majority ( Despite me saying the majority wants costumes to be bound ) because there was a statement that raised concern from the devs "If we decide to implement" this statement I believe gave some p2w players a glimmer of hope. I've asked those people to revise other threads that discuss P2W so they would understand why we don't want it. I also asked them to make this thread and give their reasons why, as they believed they are the majority wanting costumes purchasable with silver. Anyway,  thanks for giving your opinions. :)

Edited by Kouzan

Posted

I agree. You can see that in other regions there is a pearls-silver transfer mechanism, because the actual cosmetics in the cash shop are not that many.

At launch there will be enough cosmetics for players, but after few months they will need to add many more, or  they will be forced to add pearls-silver trasnfer like in other regions.

I would prefer they concentrate on adding actual content instead of more skins for armor. If there is constantly more and more stuff to do in the game, and more chances for interaction between players, a slower rate of cash shop inventory increase will still yield them greater long term success than flooding the cash shop with tons of pretty shinies, but ignoring all the major gaping holes currently that exist in the game world in terms of gameplay related content.

Posted

I would prefer they concentrate on adding actual content instead of more skins for armor. If there is constantly more and more stuff to do in the game, and more chances for interaction between players, a slower rate of cash shop inventory increase will still yield them greater long term success than flooding the cash shop with tons of pretty shinies, but ignoring all the major gaping holes currently that exist in the game world in terms of gameplay related content.

You never heard of Tera, did you

Posted (edited)

I agree but they are working very hard on content, for NA/EU we will have plenty. By the time we're caught up with KR they'll have more PVE content and the rest of the awakenings. Then there's the content their working on now the elf area etc that was shown to us. 

Right now the cash shop is lacking in cosmetics, just scrolling through the cash shop on KR you'll find that each class has like 7-10 costumes, many of them shared between all the classes. I could say I only like like 2 of them for my character and wouldn't be interested in the rest, so I believe there should be some more available for those people. 

But it shouldn't really be an issue since I presume the team that does the cash shop cosmetics is completely separate from the team in charge of landscaping, game design, animations and combat.

Anyway,  thanks for giving your opinions. :)

No problem. 

About the enchanting/power disparity thread, we already have enough topics about it, it was just a joke. 

Edited by Circe

Posted

Never in a million years. It would just flood the trade chat with gold sellers since you can basically trade ingame currency or items. It is also bad fore pay to win even though I use money to quicken the process of enhancing items.

You still wouldn't be able to trade gold between players. The costume prices are set just like everything else. 

I understand this topic has been brought up many of times and I have joined in on those topics also. However the PM Dairy is 30+ pages of players demanding costumes purchasable with silver via the AH, coming from the AH being the key thing they want, not from a npc. For me its important to bring this issue up with the majority ( Despite me saying the majority wants costumes to be bound ) because there was a statement that raised concern from the devs "If we decide to implement" this statement I believe game some p2w players a glimmer of hope. I've asked those people to revise other threads that discuss P2W so they would understand why we don't want it. I also asked them to make this thread and give their reasons why, as they believed they are the majority wanting costumes purchasable with silver. Anyway,  thanks for giving your opinions. :)

Neither side can claim they are the majority. The vocal forum community is the minority. If gear scaling is fixed then this is pointless though.

Right now we have players worried about bought power and staying competitive. On the other side of the coin there are people wondering if the time they can put into the game will be enough to stay competitive. If you they put x hours in will they be able to reach competitive levels in a reasonable time? If they can't they start looking for ways to supplement their play time so they can progress faater or they might quit because they can't hope to be competitive. 

If time is money and the game gated time by only allowing x amount of silver to be farmed people would have an issue with it because "hey I have time I want to spend on the game but I can't." This isn't much different than, "hey I have cash I want to spend on the game but I can't." Both are essentially the same concept if time and money are equal constructs, but one can be saved or earned faster than time played. If the amount of money you could earn each week from the cash shop was limited then it could potentially match up to the time limitation. Of course your 'whales' are then the people who spend the max time and money, which probably is the minority of players.

Just something to think about, I continue to believe gear scaling is the biggest problem with this game, but I also believe at some point Daum will allow cash shop sales on the market despite all the protests. It isn't enough for most games to break even, they have to profit considerably and when push comes to shove money wins, especially when a game is expected to meet certain goals. That doesn't mean proper restrictions can't limit perceived P2W from cash shop sales though. 

Posted

Look at KR version and what the cash shop does there, look at prices at the trade market for equipment. To make cash shop items sellable there is the most retarded idea ever. The guys defending this either have no problem with p2win at all or just don´t have a clue how KR is working.

Posted

Fix gear. Fix game. Fix life. Good times.

Posted

No.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You're really that obsessed with proving Colt wrong huh? Sheesh. My answer is yes though.

You should really focus that energy on something that actually matters.

Edited by Godhowsae