• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

SHOULD COSTUMES BE SOLD ON AH FOR SILVER

578 posts in this topic

Posted

You're really that obsessed with proving Colt wrong huh? Sheesh. My answer is yes though.

His tears are delicious.

Posted

You never heard of Tera, did you

Tera, Archeage, and all the P2W travesties that have o cited over the last few years was exactly what I had in mind while writing my diatribe. Tera was the prettiest game in the world at the time, but crashed and burned because it was all appearance and no substance. Archeage has a universally bad reputation across the gaming world as a P2W joke. In fact Korean games in general are starting to get this reputation. I'm hoping Pearl Abyss bucks this trend and proves that a Korean developer actually can make a good game with engaging content without falling to the temptations of the "lets cash out quick" gods.

Posted

No.
If we do that then we could just aswell get full trading too and then throw this game into the shit hole with the other whale mmo's.

you know everytime i mention a sub so many people cry - so sadly, unfortunately whales become the main source of income through cash shop and well that nasty word RMT so we really should be thankful for them - but like another thread where someone commented, this is the age "ENTITLEMENT"...   reminds me tho of so many people that quit playing archeage once those mechanics were rolled out that had said, "God I wish the would just make a sub based server - I would be willing to start all over from scratch"...  almost be nice to see them do that from the start.. however UP in arms!! the protest!....  i will be happy to play the game anywhere tho because it is soooo damn cool

Posted

-

Thing is, that burn has been lasting forever. People like playing barbie doll.

I don't mind them having a side team dedicated to pumping cosmetics, God knows people are willing to throw their wallets at cosmetics. More so than they would at subs and greater amounts of. Specially in NA.

Posted

Thing is, that burn has been lasting forever. People like playing barbie doll.

I don't mind them having a side team dedicated to pumping cosmetics, God knows people are willing to throw their wallets at cosmetics. More so than they would at subs and greater amounts of. Specially in NA.

Sure as long as it's a side team and not the main team. Honestly they could put out the character model specs and ask players that are 3D model era to make the skins for them and then have PA pick and choose which ones make intoo the game. 

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's gaming entitlement, but when I pay for a game, I want it to be a AAA rated title or a game that has a reputation of legitimacy to it. In my mind playing some free to play, pay to win, amateur league, c tier trash is just being a failure as a gamer. In an MMO that's especially true. It's a game meant to be played for months or even years at a time. So if you ever tell people you play BDO they don't suddenly respond with, "I hear that game totally sucks! You need to play a better game!" 

I totally want BDO to be one of those better games that people compare trash like Tera and Archeage for when they want to describe an actually decent MMO.

Posted (edited)

and you've never seen an MMO with NO BOTS OR FARMERS AT ALL. BDO is first.

lol so you want no botters, an no economy, an no trading... an no life to the game?... interesting.

edit

a

decent MMO?, ytou mean Asherons Call

Vanguard

UO

FFXI

Daoc

.....Decent MMos, that had everything done right ?...those MMO's ? lol

Edited by Froggie

Posted

and you've never seen an MMO with NO BOTS OR FARMERS AT ALL. BDO is first.

Yeah, except those pesky bots running the shambles of the price lock AH and the fact that afk farming is BUILT INTO THE GAME. I love BDO, but I honestly don't know what the ----- you're smoking.

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why people keep making the statement that it's not "Pay to Win". 

Surely enchanting gear is RNG based, but if I dropped $100 on the game in pearls and sold costumes, I would have a weeks of a normal players attempts to regrade my gear.

Ultimately, you'll have people who drop more and more and more and more money until they get very high tiered gear, and this game will be full of whale PvPers who one shot normal people all day long because they've reached a teir almost impossible for others to reach. It's happened before in other games, It will happen again.

Edited by Illusive

Posted

We paid for this game I don't care how much bigger wallet you have than me go buy booze and hookers if you need to whip around your penis, keep the game economy driven by in-game elements not the depot.

People in BDO RU sells 5 cats and buys a +17 at level 1 I don't want that crap here, no one wants that. If you want to look sexy buy a costume but don't make it a gold generator.

7 people like this

Posted

Let me tell you something guys,

while I completely agree with the cash shop items being untradeable. I must warn you guys that this will motivate another source: Silver selling.

we all know that we never can get rid of those goldsellers that use the ingame currency to make money.

if the cash shop items are going to be untradeable let me write a scenario that might, I repeat MIGHT, occur:

Player A; bought 5000 pearls for 50 euros, player a goes to the cash shop and buys himself a sweet costume, some pets, girl underwear cuz he is a freaking pervert and zooms in on the bewbs *cough* you get my point.

after a while player A feels himself ina silver shortage and needs silver badly, but because the cash shop is untradeable player A seeks for a goldseller on google.

Bla bla bla, player A meet player B

Player B is the goldseller and agrees on selling him 10mil silver for 50 euro (inflation due to recent release)

The goldseller uses either his tactics from BDOKR or JP or RU to farm the spots that give insane amounts of silver

tada, what do you guys think.

Posted

We paid for this game I don't care how much bigger wallet you have than me go buy booze and hookers if you need to whip around your penis, keep the game economy driven by in-game elements not the depot.

People in BDO RU sells 5 cats and buys a +17 at level 1 I don't want that crap here, no one wants that. If you want to look sexy buy a costume but don't make it a gold generator.

i didn't think there'd ever be a topic that we agreed on. I'm glad to be wrong.

+1

Posted

Sell a costume for 80m

Buy +18 gear.

Non-whale has to play MONTHS for that gear; while the whale has to swipe his credit card.

I get it that you're poor and don't wish to pay for a game to stay alive. I too am poor, and probably won't buy pearls more than once every 3 or so months. But being poor doesn't mean that the game has to die in 3 months so you can have a shitty costume.

1. No costumes on Kr sell for 80m.  The highest I have seen is 72m, and that's with the Awakening Weapon skin.  After the Market cut and Taxes it amounts to about 48m.  Can't buy but one piece of +15 for that.  At most.  That's about $70 US per piece of equipment.  

The whale who is spending all that money probably has a job and can't play 4 or 5+ hours a day to keep up with the non-whale.  Look at it as a catch up for the working people.

The game won't die in 3 months because of the Cash Shop.  Other than the hard core players, I would wager not many players are over level 55 and in +15 gear after 3 months, unless the leveling is nurfed. 

Posted (edited)

1. No costumes on Kr sell for 80m.  The highest I have seen is 72m, and that's with the Awakening Weapon skin.  After the Market cut and Taxes it amounts to about 48m.  Can't buy but one piece of +15 for that.  At most.  That's about $70 US per piece of equipment.  

The whale who is spending all that money probably has a job and can't play 4 or 5+ hours a day to keep up with the non-whale.  Look at it as a catch up for the working people.

The game won't die in 3 months because of the Cash Shop.  Other than the hard core players, I would wager not many players are over level 55 and in +15 gear after 3 months, unless the leveling is nurfed. 

uuu, 72 instead of 80... uuuu. This makes p2w completely false.

+17 is 50m. +15 is 18m. You're telling me that with 48m you can't buy a 18m item? Do you even math bruh? Need i remember you that via cashshop buff you remove the AH tax, so you do get 72m???

Yea, problem is that it's a game that requires you to play not to be a whale. So, he could play another game.

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

All I know is, if I can buy any cash shop item and sell it for silver (pets, costumes, or even dyes) I'm going to do it. 1 good costume piece maybe 80 million silver. I'd drop 5k$ day one while the hype is high. Just save up those black stones and cookies and we can call that max gear for the next  2 years.

Posted

get a job and buy the costumes

Posted

No CashShop-Trading through Marketplace, otherwise WalletWarriors are going to take over.

Posted

uuu, 72 instead of 80... uuuu. This makes p2w completely false.

+17 is 50m. +15 is 18m. You're telling me that with 48m you can't buy a 18m item? Do you even math bruh? Need i remember you that via cashshop buff you remove the AH tax, so you do get 72m???

Yea, problem is that it's a game that requires you to play not to be a whale. So, he could play another game.

Well shit.  The last 2 costumes I sold I didn't get the full 72m.  I somehow must have missed that buff.  Is it something I have to do when I put it in the market, other than entering a pin number?  This is why I need to learn Korean.  

Posted

Posted (edited)

Let me tell you something guys,

while I completely agree with the cash shop items being untradeable. I must warn you guys that this will motivate another source: Silver selling.

we all know that we never can get rid of those goldsellers that use the ingame currency to make money.

if the cash shop items are going to be untradeable let me write a scenario that might, I repeat MIGHT, occur:

Player A; bought 5000 pearls for 50 euros, player a goes to the cash shop and buys himself a sweet costume, some pets, girl underwear cuz he is a freaking pervert and zooms in on the bewbs *cough* you get my point.

after a while player A feels himself ina silver shortage and needs silver badly, but because the cash shop is untradeable player A seeks for a goldseller on google.

Bla bla bla, player A meet player B

Player B is the goldseller and agrees on selling him 10mil silver for 50 euro (inflation due to recent release)

The goldseller uses either his tactics from BDOKR or JP or RU to farm the spots that give insane amounts of silver

tada, what do you guys think.

I'm missing the part where Player B can actually trade* that silver to Player A.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

I'm missing the part where Player B can actually trade* that silver to Player A.

I think he is talking about giving the loot from farming to the other player.  They team up and the other player just takes all the drops.  At least I am guessing that part.  The exp is just a bonus, if there is any.

Posted

lol so you want no botters, an no economy, an no trading... an no life to the game?... interesting.

edit

a

decent MMO?, ytou mean Asherons Call

Vanguard

UO

FFXI

Daoc

.....Decent MMos, that had everything done right ?...those MMO's ? lol

Are you trying to tell me bots bring life to a game? lol.  The economy is just fine, and the trading takes place with pre-determined prices and is done with silver that's earned in game.

Posted

SHOULD YOU MAKE A POST IT ALL CAPS FOR EXTRA DRAMA??????

Posted

sir, there are alot of ways to distribute silver, first one would be through the marketplace. Seller sets up an item, goldseller pays for it. Although the tax will be hurting.

second would be guildstorage, making a guild to distribute the silver, no idea if it is possible but since it can be used maybe. 

No idea if here are any other methods yet to be known

Posted

No idea

Posted

SHOULD YOU MAKE A POST IT ALL CAPS FOR EXTRA DRAMA??????

NO DRAMA FOR YOUR MOMMA!!!

1 person likes this