• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New Server For Casual Players

10 posts in this topic

Posted

If you'd ask me, what a perfect game should look like, I would say almost exactly like BDO except a few things.

I think BDO is very close to being perfect but what worries me the most is that you would only need to change a few numbers in the game code to make it 100% perfect.

BDO is without doubt very good for people who can let their computers run 24 hours a day and play actively for 6 hours a day, but it is a complete nightmare for more casual players as they either don't have the time or they are not willing to spend so much time playing a single game.

What I'd like to happen is to create a server for casual players where there would be a max lvl - about 50 - and on that lvl, you would have access to all your skills and everybody would have the same amount of skill points regardless on how they got the 50 lvl. The grind to get there couldn't change much, but I'd welcome it to be for example 2x or even 5x faster than the grind is now. Also, the grind to get a decent pvp gear on that lvl shouldn't last too long. If possible, I would completly cancel or limit in-game shop on this server and make certain items available in the game for silver - such as skills reset. Farming, gardening, auto fisihng and training horses should be possible to do even if you are offline and could progress a little faster.

All those things could be changed, they don't change the game mechanics very much. The hardest thing to change would be the max lvl, but it could be done.

I decided to quit the game because of the amount of time it needs, but I think it is such a good game and it is shame that players like me don't get the chance to enjoy it. I would definitely come back if such a server was created, but I don't think that game developpers will be willing to realize it. The game is clearly designed to hook you up during first hours of your gameplay and then to make you pay for ridiculous stuff in the shop as you endlessly continue to lvl up. Developpers will not sacrifice this income but I might be wrong. I hope I am.

Posted

I agree with your point that the game is designed to hook the player with the first few dozen levels. It really is! And that gameplay is loads of fun.

A lot of post 50 stuff feels like a trip to the dentist. A greedy dentist. Who doesn't understand math, and will happily screw you over whenever he gets the chance.

Posted

I don't understand how this would make it a better game if you could have everything so fast ?
I understand that you are a casual player but why change the game so drastically ? I mean if everything was that easy would you really enjoy it ?

To sum it up you are not just a casual player but also a guy who wants everything quick without any challenges.
No offense but I think the game is not really made for you. (plus that the fact that you want to remove a lot of things that would just make no sense for the dev - like removing the cash shop ^^)

Posted

The real question is why do people feel the need to level so fast?  You want to play an mmo for a long time, once you get to 50 you are basically good to go and you can just work on the extra levels as you see fit.  Would it really have been any different if they added on another 50 levels instead of 10 with a lesser xp curve and just spread out the 45-55 camps over the level range?  Then people would of been complaining they couldn't level with their friends 20 lvls lower than them

Posted (edited)

Basically the OP is saying the pacing allows you to grind and rush levels and quests relatively fast, given the amount of time and effort put into it.

Casual players do not have much time nor effort, so they want a server that 'slows' down the pacing so grinding does not speed up progression.

The problem here is that you'd be forced to implement some sort of daily limit to EXP gain, or some sort of restriction on players that slows them down if they try to rush.

One idea of such a system is a 'diminishing' return on gains the more you grind it.

Example:

If you already beaten that same quest on the same account, the reward gained for using a alt will be diminished.

If you've leveled up x amount in a day, the exp gains is diminished.

Energy regeneration diminishes the longer you stay 'active' ingame, resting in a bed reverses this effect incrementally over time (+1s to energy regen time each hour you are 'logged in and active', but not while resting in a bed, which reverses that by -2s per hour). If you are logged in for over 24 hours in one session, you will build up a debuff that increases the energy regeneration from a base of 1 energy every 3 minutes, to 1 energy every 3:24. Maybe capped at 24 hours for the +24s.

Can be a debuff called "Insomnia".

It's to make unnatural players like script users and botters, be less efficient the more they take the same action and spend their time online, for hours of the day.

Edited by Kaiserx

Posted

In my opinion this suggestion is pure nonsense. You dont need to rush to level up at all. You vcan play completely casual just fine.

The only thing you cannot do completely casual is PVP, since obviously more active players will have better gear and more level. But honestly, there is no reason for a casual player to try and compete with much more active players.

Nothing good will ever come from punishing players for being active in a game!

Posted

But casuals are worried they'll be left in the dust and become 2nd class citizens. So let's all entrust all our assets and xp to a government power in the game where they'll fairly and equally distribute all assets and xp to every single player in this game, what a perfect world in that game would be - because surely those that work hard should work hard for others right?

Posted

make a server with a monthly payement, use that money to pay the dev and make them work on game content instead of cosmetic cash grab !!!

Posted

Adding a server with increased drops/experience would only promote players switch to this private server type of gameplay. Then the people with more time would ABSOLUTELY outlevel you 5x faster, but they'd also get bored easier because the game becomes easier. So no, making the game easier is not going to fix BDO.

Changing the mechanics which make BDO repetitive is what will fix BDO. 

Posted (edited)

You can't separate casuals and non casual players. Level hard cap is not good solution. I think new server can be good if daum doesn't make same mistakes and resolve some issues:

- desync and lag fix

- hack/exploit fix (speed hack, no cd hack?)

- clear and exact patch informations, patch timings, or same patch level in old and new servers (and clear patch notes before patch goes live in the future): planable guild strategy, less "trash" upgrade in not affected time, better "Competitive" game. Example: If you know that alchemy stoe will on line after 2 months and will nerfed to death after 2 weeks later you don't spend too many useless energy in this area. If you know patch will go online and you will get better farm options you don't invest 10k energy in old "trash" area.

optional: remove some "new" contents from pearl shop like name hiding treant costume and 20% buff training costumes. This items give us bigger advantages than original "plans". If we buy game I don't like "Big" payed buffs and PvP advantages in real money items.  But this is optional.  1-3 points are more importants...

If Daum/Devs want support casual players (too) theycan generate a buff in 1st 2-3 hours/day. Example: Extra  +50%XP and/or +50% drop rate scroll (120 mins after activation). Item refresh in all day but it doesn't stacked.

Edited by Mikroman