• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Anyone else getting bored?

171 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm level 55 and have all my armor +15. I'm currently hoarding stuff to make armor enhancement stones to ultimate my gear. I'm also hoarding rare materials from nodes so I can do alchemy stuff (trace of earth, monk's branches, old tree bark, etc etc etc.) I breed horses and have four t5s and a few t6s I'll get around to leveling, but I have my T6 with spring/insta accel/drift and two seater skill so I don't really need to anymore unless I want a t7. I have cooking materials I need to get around to using. I have wood crates that need crafting...I do my hunting dailies sometimes, contribution dailies...mostly I go around gathering knowledge to get my energy up. I find this fun 'cause sometimes the npcs have interesting dialogue. Gotta grind for MoS so I can start enhancing those as only four of my accessories are PRI right now. So much to do, not enough energy!!! I'd probably have even more to do if I joined a guild or something.

When I do get kinda bored I play Don't Starve Together. Overall though, I'm not bored of the game, even though some of my friends are. They're mostly going to play Overwatch until new content comes out. No one should play if they're bored or if they're only playing because they feel they'll "fall behind" others. It's just a game anyways.

Posted

I dunno man, the game is just not like other games is all, its different type of beast, I have been waiting for a game like this since like... I dont even know, OG FFXI maybe.  Its OK that people don't like it, or get bored of it, or whatever, its not meant for everyone, but for people like me this game is what we have been waiting for, and I'm personally gonna stick around for a long time.

Posted

that's exactly what i saying...

No you are NOT saying that. Look this is what you said "you would have to be pretty severe on the autism spectrum to consider that satisfying gameplay."  So you are basically saying unless everyone thinks JUST like YOU they have autism. Some people like grindy games and I dont know a single KR MMO that is not grindy and rather repetive in nature.I dont know why people hate the aspect of grinding when they picked this game it had been out for what? a year in KR.

BDO did in no way break the tradtion of korean MMOs being grindy as ----- if people dident read up on what they were getting into and got burnt then they got only themselfs to blame. This dose not mean the game dosent have flaws and oddly enough at least to me its the stuff they changed from the KR version of the game such as having field bosses for easy gear and a crap karma system that encourages greifing.

Personally apart from the aspect of field bosses I still find grinding and doing life skills fun and even more so when I am doing stuff with my friends in the game. I dont see myself stoping anytime soon.

Posted

It seems like this game is starting to become a chore rather than being able to log in and have fun, anyone else feel the same or with any other thoughts? 

That's what happens if you try to rush a marathon.

Posted

There's a part of me that really wants to keep going, but as I've started focusing solely on leveling to 55 it has quickly become a chore. 50-52 wasn't bad, but I'm getting maybe 10% an hour going from 52-53 at Elrics. I was expecting that rate for the 54-55 grind, not this early. I can manage maybe 20% before I find myself tabbing out and browsing the internet for the rest of my night. This is my one weakness in this genre, I can easily do the mindless questing, gear grind or farm for a rare drop for hours on end and somewhat enjoy it, but just leveling for the sake of it at such a pitifully slow rate is just not fun in any way at all if only because there's hardly any sense of progress beyond watching a bar slowly fill. Ridiculously slow leveling is what always makes me quit a game like this, and yet 55 is 100% necessary at this point to even compete so I don't really have any other option other than to just stop playing.

Posted

No. 

Level 56. Still finding things to do.

Play with friends. Makes game more fun. 

Posted

No you are NOT saying that. Look this is what you said "you would have to be pretty severe on the autism spectrum to consider that satisfying gameplay."  So you are basically saying unless everyone thinks JUST like YOU they have autism. Some people like grindy games and I dont know a single KR MMO that is not grindy and rather repetive in nature.I dont know why people hate the aspect of grinding when they picked this game it had been out for what? a year in KR.

BDO did in no way break the tradtion of korean MMOs being grindy as ----- if people dident read up on what they were getting into and got burnt then they got only themselfs to blame. This dose not mean the game dosent have flaws and oddly enough at least to me its the stuff they changed from the KR version of the game such as having field bosses for easy gear and a crap karma system that encourages greifing.

Personally apart from the aspect of field bosses I still find grinding and doing life skills fun and even more so when I am doing stuff with my friends in the game. I dont see myself stoping anytime soon.

I'm happy for you. I still was implying, if not actually saying per se, that this is not the game for me. And in my opinion it is a game for people with a spectrum disorder. In my opinion. Of course.  I'm aware Korean games are grindy, but this is worse than the ones I've played...add that to the crippling dependence on rng in every aspect of the game and it's....even more not for me.

Posted

It seems like this game is starting to become a chore rather than being able to log in and have fun, anyone else feel the same or with any other thoughts? 

Are there games out there that never get boring no matter how much you play them?  If so please direct me to it.

Posted

I'm happy for you. I still was implying, if not actually saying per se, that this is not the game for me. And in my opinion it is a game for people with a spectrum disorder. In my opinion. Of course.  I'm aware Korean games are grindy, but this is worse than the ones I've played...add that to the crippling dependence on rng in every aspect of the game and it's....even more not for me.

Yes and ur opinion is rude and insulting to people as I said you still dont get it do you? If anything it seems like you suffer from some disorder yourself seeing as you can not seem to understand this and need to resort to this typ of labeling. Its not the game for you say this it was not a fit for you just have the same QQ whinny I am gone quit post anyone dose on forums when they quit a game.

Posted

Every MMO is a chore if you want to get to the top. Get over it and just play or don't play the god damn game please.

Posted

I was bored for about 2 weeks and stopped playing. After i returned i play my own style, searched an casual guild and do what i want to do.

Progress only if i want to, the same goes to the other game mechanics, atm i try to breed horses and finish some quests.

Btw. i never been in Mediah, only for 1 minute, i still play in Heidel and Calpheon and have a lot of fun there.

Posted

If you get bored just leave the pc to play for a couple of days and then come back later.......

bored-with-computer-300x199.jpg

Posted

I was bored for about 2 weeks and stopped playing. After i returned i play my own style, searched an casual guild and do what i want to do.

Progress only if i want to, the same goes to the other game mechanics, atm i try to breed horses and finish some quests.

Btw. i never been in Mediah, only for 1 minute, i still play in Heidel and Calpheon and have a lot of fun there.

That's how you do it.^_^ You need to play this hardcore game more casually.

Posted

Offence is only ever taken, not given...plus, more importantly I just don't care.

Posted

You are very funny yet not you still dont get it do you? Maybe you never will.

Posted

Not really. I can understand why you might feel that way, but honestly, I vary what I do. ...not intentionally, I just get distracted when I log in. Any game becomes repetitive though, and can do so quickly dependent on the width, depth, length of content, if you will. Honestly, BDO is simply a vehicle to me by which I'm able to play/talk with friends I've made.

Posted

Nah, still enjoying it here.

Posted

When you go in vacation and you travel your vacation can be good or bad you can have fun or not

you think the problem is the vacation itself maybe the itinerary or maybe the location etcetc but in reality it's you

you can make this game fun for yourself or you can make it boring it's up to you.

Why in the vacation different people going to the exact same place have a blast you go there and hate it... the place is the same yes but not the attitude of the person.

Most of the time when we are bored when we hate something when we think there is something wrong the problem is not around but inside it's the easy way out to call BDO boring so you don't have to think what you are doing wrong.

let me guess next game will be boring too and the one after boring... and the one after that boring how many game will you have to go through before you understand your way of playing games is what make them boring? 

Posted

You are very funny yet not you still dont get it do you? Maybe you never will.

I just don't care about your opinion...maybe you don't get that. I think the game is quite boring, other people who play it can think what they like and I can think what I like of them...end of story. Why do you care what my opinion is anyway...im a random stranger. Weird.

When you go in vacation and you travel your vacation can be good or bad you can have fun or not

you think the problem is the vacation itself maybe the itinerary or maybe the location etcetc but in reality it's you

you can make this game fun for yourself or you can make it boring it's up to you.

Why in the vacation different people going to the exact same place have a blast you go there and hate it... the place is the same yes but not the attitude of the person.

Most of the time when we are bored when we hate something when we think there is something wrong the problem is not around but inside it's the easy way out to call BDO boring so you don't have to think what you are doing wrong.

let me guess next game will be boring too and the one after boring... and the one after that boring how many game will you have to go through before you understand your way of playing games is what make them boring? 

...or maybe not everyone likes the same holidays, games or whatever else? Ffs.

Posted

game is super boring with no awakening weps IMO grinding on some of these classes solo atm is so horrible... and awakening fixes that for a majority of the classes

Posted

I dunno man, the game is just not like other games is all, its different type of beast, I have been waiting for a game like this since like... I dont even know, OG FFXI maybe.  Its OK that people don't like it, or get bored of it, or whatever, its not meant for everyone, but for people like me this game is what we have been waiting for, and I'm personally gonna stick around for a long time.

how can you compare one of the best MMOs ever made to BDO lol

Posted

Yea i'm getting bored.........but thats probably because I am at work and I can't play BDO.

new-wolf-of-wall-street-trailer-leonardo

Posted

Yea i'm getting bored.........but thats probably because I am at work and I can't play BDO.

new-wolf-of-wall-street-trailer-leonardo

image.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Nope and I just hit 1000 hours.

but Its not all sunshine and roses since I have noticed that my "Threshold" for doing PARTS of the game that I never like to begin with, has just fallen to "can't even be arsed".  Things like Leveling up my main any further.... for farming drops from high level mobs since 1000 hours in apparently STILL insn't enough RNG rolls for me to get one single Blue quality accessory of ANY KIND while the people I used to play with were even getting Gold quality ones from time to time.    Basically if it involves RNG of any kind to determine whether I get a drop at all, I just can't muster the willpower to even try anymore b/c I just haven't HAD that first success that lets me know that RNGesus doesn't hate me entirely.   Everything else, I'm still plugging away at and finding incredibly relaxing, especially when I put on some music and get into a good grove

Edited by iller

Posted

I was getting bored...

...of these forums but my buddy came back with some ciggies, so c-ya. :D