• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

P2P trading...This is why

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not even a day after its full release, but Blade and Soul is already being spammed with Gold sellers
H09jaQI.jpg

This is why having no P2P trading is a good thing.

35Zon9Z.jpg

honestly seen that one coming anyway - glad i didn't buy it

edit: well at least i have a ton of saved screen shots from my chars in beta - it was actually a fun game

Edited by bdo77

Posted

It's basically a dumbed down version of guild wars 2 with, free 2 play + pay 2 win mechanics...

Anyone coming from GW2 should know that before gettng into B&S. It's guild wars, kung fu edition... The most purely derivative title in many years... lmao

Posted

It's basically a dumbed down version of guild wars 2 with, free 2 play + pay 2 win mechanics...

Anyone coming from GW2 should know that before gettng into B&S. It's guild wars, kung fu edition... The most purely derivative title in many years... lmao

Dumbed down guildwars 2? I wasn't aware it was possible to sink any lower...

Posted (edited)

Dumbed down guildwars 2? I wasn't aware it was possible to sink any lower...

Honestly a dumbed down version of about anything that is new to us is better than a superior product with shit gold spam - which is what i was hoping to keep BNS on reserve for if that kind of thing happens in BDO.. lol guess that's not an option!   however - the option to uninstall will always be on the table

Edited by bdo77

Posted

Not even a day after its full release, but Blade and Soul is already being spammed with Gold sellers
H09jaQI.jpg

This is why having no P2P trading is a good thing.

its because kr and cn server was realest far more earlier they got the scripts and stuff they need to farm gold

Posted (edited)

If this game dumbs itself down even more by removing player trading, it will be dead (or at least converting to F2P) within 24 months and I won't ever touch it.

EVE Online learned to deal with botters and ISK sellers. BDO can do the same.

Edited by DefconJack

Posted

If this game dumbs itself down even more by removing player trading, it will be dead (or at least converting to F2P) within 24 months and I won't ever touch it.

you can leave now and stop posting, ty !

1 person likes this

Posted

I welcome the bots. They would need to pay 30$ per account, no refund if caught RMT. If a GM is monitoring the chat constantly, thats $30 every one click of the ban hammer.
They will eventually decline until it becomes unsustainable to stay in BDO.

well, byebye because the game has no player to player trade since like...hmmm day one ?
have fun in your other games !

Posted

EvE online has a dedicated Economist to over see such things. BDO will not have such and will not be redisgned from the ground up to allow such. There is also another factor into why EvE can handle the bots now. Apparently EvE's playerbase has been decreasing. The number 1 thing that makes gold sellers and bots leave is playerbase fall off. Not saying this is why EvE is having less of a problem with bots and gold sellers now (they had a large problem with them when I played a few years back), but it is one possibility.

Posted

I can tell you that gold sellers are NOT a problem in other versions of the game.

You're right.  I've noticed that on KR server... no spammers.   The no trading combined with B2P makes generating infinite new accounts less financially viable for the scammers.  Scammers might try to fraud players like they do in Skyforge where player full account details are required for the pirate to buy in-game currency using stolen credit cards and then releases account back to player once legitimate payment is received (skyforge is all about money laundering for the pirates).  But if GM/CM are in game, it will get expensive to buy/create new accounts once spammers are banned and player might get banned to.

Posted

We have B2P model so this will stop them. Invest 30€ to get ban in 5 minutes :) 

Wrong......you realy think they buy accounts to spam ?

No sir they buy stolen credit cards (few dollars a pop when bought in bulk)  and create accounts with those info untill banned / cc owners contacs unlegit payments.

Not even 150 euro Archeage alpha package stopped them :) 

When RMT smells profits specialy new mmo's / new expansions the game will be infested to oblivion to get max profits.

In 2009 a studie was done and 3 / 10 mmo players bought gold / items from RMT site's.

Today its a multi billion dollar industry and thats why you see pay to win in mmo's these days as its an extra income for the studio's what normaly goes to RMT company's.

Thats why people are so against trading items and trading silver as this is one of the few mmo's that have control over this as banning spammers and gold sellers is an imposible task once their profits outweight the bans.

Posted

Um...no. Legit traders that manually farm then sell gold, yea, they might not be as plentiful. The lot that buy accounts with stolen cards? Not so much.

Posted

The fact the game is B2P will impede gold sellers enough.

I'm all for fighting gold sellers, but when it comes at the cost of impeding and restricting legitimate players, it's not worth it.

Posted

Dont ban only acc, but CC/bank acc number alongside it... And it gets more expensive...

Posted

well, byebye because the game has no player to player trade since like...hmmm day one ?have fun in your other games !

I dont know what you're on, but I never said I wanted player trade either. They had bots in skyforge. I want bots in BDO too so they could fund $30 every account they make to PA/DAum, only to get banned once they start spamming chat. Really easy money right there.

Posted (edited)

I dont know what you're on, but I never said I wanted player trade either. They had bots in skyforge. I want bots in BDO too so they could fund $30 every account they make to PA/DAum, only to get banned once they start spamming chat. Really easy money right there.

Not really easy money for Daum because the accounts were purchased using stolen credit cards or stolen Paypal account information.  Eventually, these amounts get charged back and credited to the issuing payment authority.  This is a nightmare to manage and has huge administrative costs.  This is why the fraudster has to turn around the illegal funds with legitimate money paid by the player as quickly as possible (known as "money laundering").  Fraudster buys bot accounts, advertises and wait for players with real, legitimate money. Player gives personal payment and game information so fraudster can log in and buy gold/pearls using more stolen credit card info.  Fraudster gets to keep legitimate money player paid then releases the account back to player with added gold/pearls.  The end result is this:

1. Daum was duped in selling account and pearls to stolen credit information that may be charged back
  2. Player will be accused of committing the fraud because transaction was done in his/her name (fraudster logged in using player info)
  3. Fraudster will walk away with 'clean' money obtained via the player who paid for pearls/gold with real cc/paypal
  4. Fraudster will now sell or use player personal payment and game information for further fraud down the line
  5. Player will likely be banned from the game if caught in this scheme (violation of ToS for sharing account info)
  6. Player can also be charged for theft depending on country of origin

This is a multi million dollar worldwide industry.  Knowing all of this and yet players still giving these fraudsters their real information and money is beyond my understanding.

Edited by Rogan

Posted

Not really easy money for Daum because the accounts were purchased using stolen credit cards or stolen Paypal account information.  Eventually, these amounts get charged back and credited to the issuing payment authority.  This is a nightmare to manage and has huge administrative costs.  This is why the fraudster has to turn around the illegal funds with legitimate money paid by the player as quickly as possible (known as "money laundering").  Fraudster buys bot accounts, advertises and wait for players with real, legitimate money. Player gives personal payment and game information so fraudster can log in and buy gold/pearls using more stolen credit card info.  Fraudster gets to keep legitimate money player paid then releases the account back to player with added gold/pearls.  The end result is this:

1. Daum was duped in selling account and pearls to stolen credit information that may be charged back
  2. Player will be accused of committing the fraud because transaction was done in his/her name (fraudster logged in using player info)
  3. Fraudster will walk away with 'clean' money obtained via the player who paid for pearls/gold with real cc/paypal
  4. Fraudster will now sell or use player personal payment and game information for further fraud down the line
  5. Player will likely be banned from the game if caught in this scheme (violation of ToS for sharing account info)
  6. Player can also be charged for theft depending on country of origin

This is a multi million dollar worldwide industry.  Knowing all of this and yet players still giving these fraudsters their real information and money is beyond my understanding.

General lack of core gamer values. Paying for power instead of actually playing the game. it's really bad in games with an obvious set of player power balancing issues like BDO. Luckilt there isn't any p2p trading or gold transfer abilities or else people would start leaving n a mass exodus as soon as they hit the player generated paywall/power gap.

Posted

I'm all for P2P trading I hate restrictions in games, it takes the sand box element away for me, The bots and spammers will bring in a shed load of money for DAUM considering the B2P model, If we have individual servers as opposed to a megaserver there wont be significant inflation. the player base could also get involved to help the banning by offering us a report gold seller option, If this button submits the chat logs of the accused the GM's could easily click through a list and ban the sellers. I see the negatives of no P2P Trading to far outweigh the positives, 

Posted

FFXIV is P2P and the gilspam and botting is just as bad as ever, last I played (which was a couple months ago). The only servers that weren't affected were the ones that were so full that they have to lock character creation.

Posted

I see the negatives of no P2P Trading to far outweigh the positives, 

100% disagree.  BDO was not built with P2P in mind nor does it need it.  It would have huge consequences to introduce such.

Posted

100% disagree.  BDO was not built with P2P in mind nor does it need it.  It would have huge consequences to introduce such.

Agreed. P2P trading would make a lot of the economy features of the game pointless. People would use it to avoid taxes, and then claiming and fighting over nodes which control those taxes would be worthless. No trading is better for the game since all the different systems are linked and ruining or changing one aspect of it compromises the entire design.