• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ranger Ranger Grunil Blue??

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi I wanted to know what was everyone upgrading their grunil chest piece too? Agility, Iron Wall, Intimidation??

Posted

Hi I wanted to know what was everyone upgrading their grunil chest piece too? Agility, Iron Wall, Intimidation??

Blue quality shouldn't be a permanent thing. It should probably only be a 1-3 day stepping stone before you attempt Ultimate.

However, if you don't have the time/resources to upgrade your armor to Ultimate, then I'd suggest you take whatever Damage Reduction value that you feel would benefit you most. Based on your experiences of course. If you have the most trouble vs. wizards and sorceresses then take magic reduction, if you frequently struggle against other rangers then take ranged damage reduction. You could also take into account where you farm most frequently if you don't PvP a lot. For Sausans, there's lots of snipers/cannoneers so the ranged damage reduction may be valuable. On pirate island though, most of the damage will come from getting caught by a Crazy Jack/Iron Combatant so the melee damage reduction might be the most valuable. 

Posted

+2 Magic Damage Reduction

for Sorc and Wizard.

Posted

I would take magic dmg reduction cause sorcs =/ 3

Posted (edited)

Blue quality shouldn't be a permanent thing. It should probably only be a 1-3 day stepping stone before you attempt Ultimate.

1-3 day

latest?cb=20130101005517

I gave up after trying to upgrade it for 2 weeks and over 60 wasted stones for a single piece. Now I run around with my Blue Set, waiting for the tier4 stones to get released. And screw the Cobelinus.

Edited by hihey54

Posted

1-3 day

latest?cb=20130101005517

I gave up after trying to upgrade it for 2 weeks and over 60 wasted stones for a single piece. Now I run around with my Blue Set, waiting for the tier4 stones to get released. And screw the Cobelinus.

That's sad to hear. I just sat down one day with quite a few reform stones and went through most of my set in that day. The only difficult part was waiting for my worker's to gather the materials to craft the reform stones.

Is your city node at a high investment level? I assume you already know to use a high luck human worker (professional, or artisan if you can get it). 

Posted

That's sad to hear. I just sat down one day with quite a few reform stones and went through most of my set in that day. The only difficult part was waiting for my worker's to gather the materials to craft the reform stones.

Is your city node at a high investment level? I assume you already know to use a high luck human worker (professional, or artisan if you can get it). 

The Altinova node is Lv3 (I even spent 300 energy for that :/). The Worker's luck was 21.65, and he was an Artisan Human lv26.

Posted

Curious, what does the city nose investment level have to do with ultimate pieces? More luck?

Posted

The Altinova node is Lv3 (I even spent 300 energy for that :/). The Worker's luck was 21.65, and he was an Artisan Human lv26.

Your worker had more luck than mine by ~1.75 or so. My Altinova node was/is level 6 though.

Always hard to tell whether changing factors actually affects the end result, with RNG as crazy as BDO's. 

Curious, what does the city nose investment level have to do with ultimate pieces? More luck?

I'm not positive that it helps, but I've heard that it does and I managed to get 3 pieces to Ultimate in 17 reform stones (with a level 6 Altinova node and a worker with ~19.90 or so luck). Just relaying tips as best I can.  

Posted

Intimidation for magic resistance.

And i have some guildmate who has over 200-300 attempts with stones :)