• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

When should the 96 Hour HeadStart begin

What day of the week should the 96 hour Head Start begin?   122 votes

1. 1. The 96 hour head start should start

• Saturday Morning
    • Saturday Evening
    • Sunday Morning
    • Sunday Evening
    • Any Weekday (please say which weekday in your post if you have a preference)
  2. 2. If the 96 hour Head Start is on a weekend are you more likely to order or upgrade to the Conqeror's Package?

• Yes
    • No
    • I already have the Conqueror's Package

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Already purchased. I would prefer Saturday morning, Sunday evening or Monday early morning but it doesn't matter much, I'll make time. :ph34r:

Posted (edited)

This is a AAA title. Yea its not a typical game, but that doesn't change how game publishers work.

This publisher (Daum EU) only has this one game to watch over.  BTW, do you know why 'typical games' were usually launched on Tuesday in North America and Thursday in Europe? It's because traditional distributors shipped to the brick & mortar retailers on Monday in the US and on Wednesday in Europe. But THIS game won't be sold in hard copy. It's digital download only.   

2016-01-20_134400137.JPG

Edited by MacDeath

Posted

Should be on weekend with the official launch starting Monday >:D

Posted

This publisher (Daum EU) only has this one game to watch over.  BTW, do you know why 'typical games' were usually launched on Tuesday in North America and Thursday in Europe? It's because traditional distributors shipped to the brick & mortar retailers on Monday in the US and on Wednesday in Europe. But THIS game won't be sold in hard copy. It's digital download only.   

I didn't take that into consideration. That's a great point. The Tuesday effect doesn't apply here. I'm curious to see how it'll be handled then. If the date remarked for release as 9/3/16 (March 9th), 4 days before that would be the 5th, a Saturday. 

Posted

I didn't take that into consideration. That's a great point. The Tuesday effect doesn't apply here. I'm curious to see how it'll be handled then. If the date remarked for release as 9/3/16 (March 9th), 4 days before that would be the 5th, a Saturday. 

We have a BINGO!

Posted

it should start now

2 people like this

Posted

it should start now

Yes of course BUT since it hasn't started yet. do you have a preference on which day of the week it should begin?

Posted

They SHOULD launch on the NA server(s) in a NA friendly time and on the EU server(s) in an EU friendly time.

@CM_Jouska can you strongly encourage your colleagues to pick seperate (and friendly) times for our two regions? Thanks 

Oh yeah.  The last time was so weird/inconvenient.  I'm fine with weird times for cbts, but i really hope they have a normal start time at launch for us.

Posted

It should begin 96 hours before launch

Posted

The official Launch date COULD well be on 9 March and then the 96 hour HS will be on Saturday 5 March. That will satisfy most folks who voted in this poll. 

Oh yeah.  The last time was so weird/inconvenient.  I'm fine with weird times for cbts, but i really hope they have a normal start time at launch for us.

Even though I live in Europe, I'm in an international guild and we'll be playing on the NA server(s). So I'm also hoping for a NA friendly start time.

Posted

I would prefer it start on a Friday evening so that I can maximize my time, and maybe put in for some days off.

Posted

The 96 hour headstart , should start, 96 hours before the game is released.IMHO

Posted

One of my guildmates said he would only get the Conqeror's package IF the extra two days more than the Explorer's package were weekend days.

That was me (Bishop). :) Saturday morning would be wonderful.  Friday evening even better.  

2 people like this

Posted

Friday night, so i can nonstop that headstart

CSfK203UAAAkwID.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i really doubt it will be over the weekend.it might go into it, but probably not right on the first two days.
with the headstart also comes the release of the game, and with that comes, you guessed right, a ton of players wanting to play.
ideally, they'd start somewhere mid-week so they have enough people on ship when stuff goes south with server issues and what not, you know, pick a time when most workers are actually at work and still have half a brain to work thru problems that might arise.

ideally for players it would be friday into the weekend, but eh, i really don't care either way, i didn't buy my package for the headstart, nor see it as wasted money if i won't be able to fully use the time.i'll be working at the time the game launches anyways, most likely.

Edited by shadonic

Posted (edited)

Friday Night would be awesome but at the same time Sat Morning would probably be better for my sleep schedule.. can then sleep friday night and wake up and game until i pass out on Sunday.

Edited by Bobz
1 person likes this

Posted

Every CBT so far started and/or starts on a thursday. So my guess is that the main launch will be on a Monday and the 96h headstart will be on a Thursday also.
100dollar/euro package starts on thursday morning 8am. 50euro/dollar on friday 8am, and the rest of the headstart in the weekends. and Monday main release :D

This is what I personally find most logical. 
But time will tell.

Posted

In a perfect world it would be wonderful if it released at 12:00 am sat. but with the time zones east west central, & Europe's time zones its any ones best guess when it will release.

Posted

I would like it to be on a monday or tuesday.

Posted

Thursday night! The reason being, is I have no school on Friday's!

Posted

It's 96 hours, so whatever day it is, I'll be taking off those days to grind my ass off.

Posted

Friday evening for US, Saturday morning for Aus = everyone wins. :P

Posted

Thursday so I can take Friday off and spend all my 96 hours fiending on glorious BDO!