• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

More I discover, less I want to play

50 posts in this topic

Posted

I keep reading more and more article and topics about this game. Also watching videos as well. It comes down that this game seem heavy on PvP side of things. That what I really dislike because I do not have good connection because I end up finding myself dead with my teammate just spitting nonsense at me for being a failure. That few seconds I could escaped that AoE attack or have that player dead right there.

Would I still be able to enjoy the PvE side of Black Desert or not? Also, would you recommend players who dislike PvP for some known reasons to play the PvE part of the game?

Posted

I keep reading more and more article and topics about this game. Also watching videos as well. It comes down that this game seem heavy on PvP side of things. That what I really dislike because I do not have good connection because I end up finding myself dead with my teammate just spitting nonsense at me for being a failure. That few seconds I could escaped that AoE attack or have that player dead right there.

Would I still be able to enjoy the PvE side of Black Desert or not? Also, would you recommend players who dislike PvP for some known reasons to play the PvE part of the game?

Black Desert attracted many PvE-ers. You can still enjoy the PvE part of the game, but it will get boring fast if you don't intend to PvP.

Guilds have a "Protection" feature that can protect a certain amount of members (depending how many you unlocked) from getting PKed.

I never tried this system, but that's what it should do. Protect you from PKers.

Posted

Black Desert attracted many PvE-ers. You can still enjoy the PvE part of the game, but it will get boring fast if you don't intend to PvP.

Guilds have a "Protection" feature that can protect a certain amount of members (depending how many you unlocked) from getting PKed.

I never tried this system, but that's what it should do. Protect you from PKers.

I might have to pass this game up.

Posted

No & no sry.

Ofc its up to you if you want to give it a shot or not, but imho it'll just be a waste of money.

Posted

That what I really dislike because I do not have good connection because I end up finding myself dead with my teammate just spitting nonsense at me for being a failure. That few seconds I could escaped that AoE attack or have that player dead right there.

Buy a better Internet Connection!

Posted

Plus 1 this

Buy a better Internet Connection!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Pvp is currently optional in the Korean version. If English version is the same or similar, you won't ever find yourself forced into pvp. If you take your time with the game, and if you're interested in the multitude of options the pve delivers (questing, combat, horse taming, farming, crafting, gathering, etc), then you'll have plenty of content. If you're the type of player who likes to rush to max level and need the best gear asap, you might find the pve lackluster (although, even doing that will take some time).

Edited by FluffyQuack
1 person likes this

Posted

Its interesting though that if a player wants good gear for pvp then they must do boss farming for said gear. I am sure in the future we will see some good changes, but at the moment the main focus is PvP, balancing, and making Pvp viable to enjoy. Until they implement changes to PvP to make it viable to do, PvE is going to wait. For now if you enjoy PvE you.can focus on setting up World Boss farming, dungeon crawling, and the "professions" aspect of the game. Breeding horses can net alot of money as well as crafting items. On top of that making Auction House your go to place to sell said items will set you up when future patch releases become available.

Posted

It doesn't necessary have a major impact on you depending on what you expect. The very first mmo games had almost identical system regarding pve/pvp but alot harsher rules with death penalty (upon death you would lose everything in your inventory to mention an example) yet there were around 50/50 in the population of who enjoyed the pvp content and who enjoyed the pve. 

If you for example would form a guild that is for the pve aspect, you would have strength in numbers and be able to defend yourself easily. As you defend yourself you earn respect. Respect means people will think twice before attacking you. 

So we, the players, will ultimately forge how the community will be like since we can actually do stuff about it. 

Back in the days when I played an really old mmo called Tibia (where you drop exp and inventory upon death, regardless of death by pvp or pve) was holding itself tougheter like this: one or two guilds ruled each server, by ruling it they handled the economy and also how pking was dealt with, some guilds were just and would help you out if you got pked while others were pure evil guilds that ruled the server with force. 

This is what makes an owpvp mmo have such potential, but only if we let it.  

Posted

Dont think you should be playing online games if your net is really that bad.

Just buy decent net, it's not that expensive.

Posted

you can play it now :c
it turns full pve
grind+grind+grind :c full pve

Posted

Opinions.....

Im playing since Release only PvE and still lots of fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

Guess it depends on your server but I rarely die to PvP unless I'm feeling frisky and go to some hotspots but then I know it can happen and I don't mind the excitement

Posted

Opinions.....

Im playing since Release only PvE and still lots of fun.

Sure whish the reward for leveling skills would be worthwile. Professional trainer e.g doesn't seem to do anything in breeding better horses....and the RNG in leveling gear/weapons is so bad that it prevents me enyoing the new content areas.

Posted

Image result for necro d2

1 person likes this

Posted

You are asking the wrong set of people. Really the only advise I would give is to not take advise off these forums.

look, you are not buying a car or a house, it's a damned cheap game, you can eve get a 7 day trial. Just play it and see for yourself.

2 people like this

Posted

You are asking the wrong set of people. Really the only advise I would give is to not take advise off these forums.

look, you are not buying a car or a house, it's a damned cheap game, you can eve get a 7 day trial. Just play it and see for yourself.

I doubt he is asking anybody "right now".

Posted

Ah lol, thread necro :)

Posted

I don't PvP and I've very much enjoyed the PvE components of the game. There's a lot to explore and do that is not centered on PvP.

Posted

Very impressive necro you did there.

Saw some long forgotten usernames I had wished to never see again. Ah, those pre-release memories and all those dycklicks back then.

Posted

Conqueror coming back after a few months of not playing ヾ( ̄▽ ̄) For the Ninja / Samurai

Posted

If you are looking for a PvE single player game... Dark Souls is 1,000% better than this game. This is a PvE slot machine gambling single player simulator at most.

Posted

Conqueror coming back after a few months of not playing ヾ( ̄▽ ̄) For the Ninja / Samurai

Good luck (pun intended).

Posted

Image result for necro d2

miss the necromancer. Hoto enigma and lidless wall. miss this game so much . 

Posted

miss the necromancer. Hoto enigma and lidless wall. miss this game so much . 

Diablo 2 lod > all.