• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

World Bosses Should have NO exp loss on death

Turn EXP loss on death off for World Bosses   176 votes

1. 1. Turn EXP loss on death off for World Bosses

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually world boss death should remove a % of the total networth that you possess  , that would maybe slow down the rate at which undeserving players are getting BiS items.

Posted

I've fought kazarka - Used tears and still got loot even dying when he was at 5% This does not reset your DPS done (on my 54 maehwa)

I've fought red nose - Did not use tears still ended up on loot table, this is with running around the mountain (first time kill on him and died many times on my 52 wizard, about 10)

I think it has more to do with if he resets or not and just track total dmg you have done, you have the consider the ranged classes that can stand far in the back and continue to do damage while you are running back/laying on the ground. (maybe not rednose hes a pita after enrage with his patterns)

in both cases i was there from the start of the fight within 20 secs of engage. and in both cases i was also in a group with 1-3 other people but i dont think group totals come into play because if it did only one of you would get loot. And on both fights my group members received loot as well. Once I hit 55 i will be hitting these field bosses hard and try to get some decent loot.  

Posted

Why not just make everyone 60 with full +20 boss shit stuff the second they log in ?

Posted

Death should have world bosses on exp loss.

Posted

And before anyone chimes in about Tears, it resets your damage on the boss so that's not really a viable solution to this problem.

As a member of <Grind> i can offically say this is false. Dmg isnt reset by death at all, just a rumour. However being dead and not doing enough dps to get into the loot table, vs people that stay alive and do more dmg while you were dead will obviously get more loot.

Posted (edited)

Death should have world bosses on exp loss.

wat

Edited by Strikers

Posted

Think a lot of us feels like the major purpose of field bosses is Daum selling more Elion's Tears ¬¬

But that's not my biggest dilemma with bosses and why I usually skip them, it's the crystal loss. You loose one pretty much every single time you die. Meanwhile my crystals(same  for most 55+ with reasonable gear) are worth around 30-40 million so only option is unequipping the gear or not going to the boss at all. Exception is Kzarka since it's literally impossible to die as ranged.

1 person likes this

Posted

As a member of <Grind> i can offically say this is false. Dmg isnt reset by death at all, just a rumour. However being dead and not doing enough dps to get into the loot table, vs people that stay alive and do more dmg while you were dead will obviously get more loot.

I find it a bit funny that every time this comes up only one side of the claim is ever asked to provide any evidence.

I've seen it questioned over and over again but nobody ever asks for any testing that shows it's not true only that it is true.

But this is why I don't bother to dig it up, it doesn't really matter because there will always be people who say it's not true anyways.

Posted

Or just nerf their damage so that most people around 1.5k HP and 170DP won't be one-hit. Maybe decrease World Boss Melee Damage Resistance while you're at it to even the playing field for Melee classes.

Or don't. Real life isn't fair so why should a game be? :^)

1 person likes this

Posted

with being able to 1 shot people world bosses need to have their exp loss on death turned off its total crap for a melee player who wants to enjoy a WB and have a chance at loot when most don't even bother going cause lets face it as melee u die the most out of everyone there.

There has to be risk for reward... don't like it? Don't go in for the kill... get your gear other ways.

Posted

Then be skeptical =)
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe not. Like everyone has already told me; I'm wrong and no devs back it up. I'm tired of showing people other player's testing just to have it thrown back in my face and it's going to be largely anecdotal.

Like the overwhelming bulk of testing done on hidden stats and such in this game it's all disputed.

Actually during all the hoopla about a month ago, jouska said there were alot of factors that determine boss loot and that dmg did not reset on death, therefore it wouldn't reset on tear. 

Posted

Actually during all the hoopla about a month ago, jouska said there were alot of factors that determine boss loot and that dmg did not reset on death, therefore it wouldn't reset on tear. 

And you lose exp on death and therefore you lose it when you use a tear right? I mean it doesn't say you get exp back on the item description right? ;)

There's a lot about the game that is hidden, and intentionally so. Other things that seem like they should be one way behave strangely which is why people will always dispute and disagree with other people's testing.

Posted

I don't see why not its not like you aren't punished enough from dying (Dps loss from running back crystal breaking). I mean you can just do world bosses as soon as you ding but I mean why de-incentives people to play part of your game because they have some XP? Seem silly to me.

Posted

Then be skeptical =)
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe not. Like everyone has already told me; I'm wrong and no devs back it up. I'm tired of showing people other player's testing just to have it thrown back in my face and it's going to be largely anecdotal.

Like the overwhelming bulk of testing done on hidden stats and such in this game it's all disputed.

well sure, but a community manager said that tears don't reset your dmg % against a boss. So player testing... is just incorrect compared to someone who has access to the dev's

Posted

I don't see why not its not like you aren't punished enough from dying (Dps loss from running back crystal breaking). I mean you can just do world bosses as soon as you ding but I mean why de-incentives people to play part of your game because they have some XP? Seem silly to me.

exactly, a lot of people will not even go near a world boss cause once u get up there that 1% can take over a hour to get.

Posted

No XP loss on death ? why not just make them not attack then? wats the point ? if u can simply return 2 seconds later 

Posted (edited)

And before anyone chimes in about Tears, it resets your damage on the boss so that's not really a viable solution to this problem.

I don't see how Tears would reset your damage and not going to close node respawn. You really think Daum would do this ? Please be real. You are only speculating.

Back to main topic, removing EXP lose from WB death would be a step because it's just horrible for most of people and especially melee.

Edited by Eyolis

Posted

In all likelihood, we prolly won't see any fixes for these implemented and will have them eventually removed barring Kzarka, Harpy, and the Desert Dragon. But there shouldn't be exp loss or crystal loss at a world boss, tbh. It's a trying experience already being oneshot as melee or anyone else, and risking not getting anything. I don't think the game should actively punish you for doing it. People seem to forget the meaning of playing games: to have fun. Being oneshot with little to no tell is already not fun. Let's try to not make it worse.

Posted (edited)

It's all over the forums and has been tested by a number of players in pretty good standing.

disagree considering I've seen players from my guild using 7 to 10 tears on a boss and getting a liverto. Would love to see a link to a thread discussing the matter if you have any.

@ Topic, so make it you have only 100% gain on something? No reason to. Worried about losing exp? Level up and then do bosses.

Edited by Shiki

Posted

heres an idea

stop posting SHIT ON HOW TO CHANGE A GAME YOU WONT PLAY IN 6 MONTHS AND LET US ENJOY THE GAME

1 person likes this

Posted

disagree considering I've seen players from my guild using 7 to 10 tears on a boss and getting a liverto. Would love to see a link to a thread discussing the matter if you have any.

Did they do it solo?

I've already given my reasons why I don't want to spend the time digging up threads about it; maybe if this forum's search function didn't suck so bad at looking for a combination of words and it was easy to track down the threads I would, but I don't feel like spending a bunch of time on it to just keep having people say it's anecdotal and speculation just like they did there.

I've noticed that people here don't even read things I say or link a good 50% of the time anyway; they just skim it and respond or respond to the first post in a conversation without reading the rest of it and I'm tired of repeating myself over and over again.

Posted (edited)

You know what really grinds my gears? The fact that people still don't seem to realize that Kzarka is the only world boss we have for now and that the others are all FIELD bosses.

Anyways, I think the exp thing is fine.

Edited by Throned

Posted

Did they do it solo?
I've already given my reasons why I don't want to spend the time digging up threads about it; maybe if this forum's search function didn't suck so bad at looking for a combination of words and it was easy to track down the threads I would, but I don't feel like spending a bunch of time on it to just keep having people say it's anecdotal and speculation just like they did there.

I've noticed that people here don't even read things I say or link a good 50% of the time anyway; they just skim it and respond or respond to the first post in a conversation without reading the rest of it and I'm tired of repeating myself over and over again.

Apologize for the repeating in the case. As far as I know, they weren't in any party (if that is your referring to solo). Logically speaking there is no reason (or at least programming reason) that using a tear resets the DPS as you can also use a tear and spawn at node.

But back to topic, bosses already give great loot, you are complete at least 2-3 bosses on difference channels with their latest spawn times (3am, 6am etc CEST). You should be penalize at least in some way and for now its only the exp loss (unless players didn't learn to not go with gear that has millions worth crystal). I'm highly against the idea.

Posted

Apologize for the repeating in the case. As far as I know, they weren't in any party (if that is your referring to solo). Logically speaking there is no reason (or at least programming reason) that using a tear resets the DPS as you can also use a tear and spawn at node.

There's a lot of things about this game that makes little sense logically speaking... Like hidden stat modifiers for stats we already have displayed (i.e. Ap bonus on Gruinil and so on)

I'm basing my opinion on the topic on feedback from several other melee players who reported going from bottom tier rewards to top tier rewards after stopping their tear use.

It could be anecdotal just like the 1 hour farming rule but I suppose that's part of the joy in playing a game with so much hidden information.

Posted

No-Meme-02.jpg