• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

SIlver Weight   101 votes

1. 1. Change Silver into:

• no weight
    • decrease
    • same

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 posts in this topic

Posted

I just walked around with more than 2.5 million. I just sold some stuff on the market. Silver is definitely heavy, and I don't understand why the marketplace can't be connected to all warehouses. I am getting tired of having to go to that same place where my money is stored.

you do know that you can exchange silver for gold bars?

Posted (edited)

yea I just googled silver density and nickel density I didn't actually know that off the top of my head

No worries, I originally googled the weight of a nickel to do the math (I started with a silver dollar but the math was harder and I'm lazy).

I was just looking for a small coin that most people would at least generally understand was a smallish coin (almost certainly smaller and lighter than a silver piece) and tried to give some perspective on how heavy 1.5 million coins would actually be.

400-500 pounds could easily be dismissed and just say "do it anyways" but almost 8 metric tons? That's a pretty hard sell to convince anyone it's practical. You'd basically need a big rig or a dump truck to haul around that kind of cash.

(but just ignore the giant pink elephant in the room that you can just hop on your horse and everything is peachy)

Edited by bakimono

Posted

Then have fun running back and forth. Not sure why you are collecting all your AH sales in random towns instead of your main hub.

The marketplace notices me when something is for sale, And sometimes I am not close to my storage. But I stop defending my self. Have a nice day.

Posted

1 US Nickel = 5 grams
1.5 million US Nickels = 
16534.67 pounds or 7.5 metric tons.

Just saying.

An ounce of silver is also worth 343 nickels so that would only be 48lbs of silver using that logic.

And we shoot freaking fireballs from our fingers, this isnt exactly real to life

Posted

If they would just change item turnins to reward Gold bars for any turnin of 100K+ then this issue would be greatly mitigated. 

150K  turnin should be 1G + 50K silver

Posted

An ounce of silver is also worth 343 nickels so that would only be 48lbs of silver using that logic.

And we shoot freaking fireballs from our fingers, this isnt exactly real to life

Ok, 1.5 million 1 oz silver rounds is 46.65 metric tons, better?

The value of silver compared to nickel is absolutely irrelevant to the point I was illustrating, that the weight of even small coins adds up quickly.

And you're right, it isn't exactly real to life... which is why 1.5 million silver is even able to be carried at all and is nowhere near even a single ton in weight.

Posted (edited)

Ok, 1.5 million 1 oz silver rounds is 46.65 metric tons, better?
The value of silver compared to nickel is absolutely irrelevant to the point I was illustrating, that the weight of even small coins adds up quickly.

And you're right, it isn't exactly real to life... which is why 1.5 million silver is even able to be carried at all and is nowhere near even a single ton in weight.

And actually the value of a silver ingame and nickel irl have some correlation.  If we are using silver because it was used historically a silver piece had much more value then what the game infers and its being treated more like a penny or a nickel.  There is a reason why people used bits and had alternative forms of payments.  Using silver in this game is kind of like paying for everything in change irl.

So wouldn't it just make sense to do what almost every other game has done and allow people to cash up?  For gold/mithril/platinum?  Dont say that we can use gold bars because thats a scam, give up 10% of your silver to save some weight but you cant use it unless you convert it back.  Even if you had to do it EQ style it would be better or as others mentioned just /1000.  After buying all the weight increases and maxing out my strength as a berserker I still have a hard time doing turn ins, carrying my gear and potions without having to do a lot of bank management and keeping stuff in transport.  We all know they did this so people have to buy the carry weight increases if they dont want to be inconvenienced just like why they have 100 different collectibles and made fish not stack for inventory space.  Its just a little over the top even for me.

Not to mention having to move silver in multiple trips if you need to buy something expensive and your money is spread out or if you move your base of operations.

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

So wouldn't it just make sense to do what almost every other game has done and allow people to cash up?  For gold/mithril/platinum?  Dont say that we can use gold bars because thats a scam, give up 10% of your silver to save some weight but you cant use it unless you convert it back.  Even if you had to do it EQ style it would be better or as others mentioned just /1000.  After buying all the weight increases and maxing out my strength as a berserker I still have a hard time doing turn ins, carrying my gear and potions without having to do a lot of bank management and keeping stuff in transport.  We all know they did this so people have to buy the carry weight increases if they dont want to be inconvenienced just like why they have 100 different collectibles and made fish not stack for inventory space.  Its just a little over the top even for me.

Not to mention having to move silver in multiple trips if you need to buy something expensive and your money is spread out or if you move your base of operations.

There's not really a "industry standard" for this kind of thing.

Gold bars are 1% not 10%

I never spoke out against changes to the weight system only gave some perspective and yes... BDO was built as a f2p so the loot system likely was designed to encourage purchases.

Really not sure why you're aiming this rant at me; I literally just pointed out a million + coins is far too heavy for a person to lug around.

Posted

Gold bars are 1% not 10%

I never spoke out against changes to the weight system only gave some perspective and yes... BDO was built as a f2p so the loot system likely was designed to encourage purchases.

Really not sure why you're aiming this rant at me; I literally just pointed out a million + coins is far too heavy for a person to lug around.

Yes, you have made valid points. Half dollar were 90% silver and 12g a piece. So that is over double the weight you originally quoted. Even at half that size, it would still be a ridiculous weight to carry. Even at a dime size, it would still weigh ~2.5g, so half of the original weight.

Posted (edited)

Gold bars are 1% not 10%

I didn't consider that a rant, I thought we were having a discussion and since you were seemingly defending this point I was providing my counter points.  

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

the weight is fine, its the stupid amounts you get that make it crazy, a friking carrot is 500 silver, can you imagine taking a wheelbarrow of silver to buy a carrot, i would prefer if they just removed 2 00s from the money make things more realistic :P

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, you have to pay to win your weight ^_^

Posted

Greed is a heavy burden to bear. Some lesson to be learned here?

Posted

No worries, I originally googled the weight of a nickel to do the math (I started with a silver dollar but the math was harder and I'm lazy).
I was just looking for a small coin that most people would at least generally understand was a smallish coin (almost certainly smaller and lighter than a silver piece) and tried to give some perspective on how heavy 1.5 million coins would actually be.

400-500 pounds could easily be dismissed and just say "do it anyways" but almost 8 metric tons? That's a pretty hard sell to convince anyone it's practical. You'd basically need a big rig or a dump truck to haul around that kind of cash.

(but just ignore the giant pink elephant in the room that you can just hop on your horse and everything is peachy)

love picking up that stack from my cart and being 2800lt with the equivalent of 30 tons on my back and hopping on a horse to ride at maximum speed, all moves available, completely unhindered.

Posted

Air is too heavy.  Nerf air!

Posted (edited)

Use donkey or cart to hold the items you plan to cash in in Western Gate. Then cash in the max you can and run back to Velia with max silver to make into gold bars. Then send or carry the bars to wherever you need them. Problem solved.

Edited by Grizabella

Posted

The marketplace notices me when something is for sale, And sometimes I am not close to my storage. But I stop defending my self. Have a nice day.

That's what alts are for man. You really run all the way to an AH everytime something pops up? Insanity.

Posted

I didn't consider that a rant, I thought we were having a discussion and since you were seemingly defending this point I was providing my counter points.  

All I ever did was provide perspective on how heavy a million+ coins would actually be.