• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BLOCK OP

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Block needs a , long 30sec+ cool down, make it use up mana and/or stamina every time an attack is blocked until that bar is a 0 then block isn't able to be use again for a time, take it out of the game, and get some balance to this godly, GM level, Immunity to all............ skill. People are just Blocking 99% of the time where a full group cant even kill a person exploiting this bad game design. If you don't fix this issue....eventually.....you will have a game full of valks, warriors, and other classes that can just block everything......from every angle......... and we can change the name of this game to BA BAHA BLHA BLOCKING ALL THE TIME.

Did I mention that blocking need to be balanced to allow (different classes) 5v1 (BLOCK) a challenge to the person blocking,..... blocking,..... blocking ....look I'm immune to all damage as long as I have BLOCKING!......? Didn't I mention blocking is overpowered? Maybe you should change something to bring some balance to a game where pvp is a complete steaming.....FRESH =) pile of dog feces.

Edited by Myami
Miss spelling of title

Posted

Since the block is the main utility of those class, I really don't find it OP. If a player blocks, he does not attack and moves really slow. As an opponent you just have to wait for an opportunity to deal him some knockback/downattack and burst. Also, from my experience, when you go behind a player that is blocking, you can hit him.

Since warriors dont do a lot of damage atm, I think it would be awfull to remove or nerf it.

That's how I see it..

2 people like this

Posted

uhmmmm what?

first off its only a frontal block , get behind them and they dont block shit.

secondly when you actually get levels and gear , block gets melted pretty fast , especially when theres more than one person attacking the person blocking.

personally went ive had 220+ dp , tried to block and would get it melted in about 2 seconds from a ranger ani cancel with shot gun. or a sorc that manages to hit me from the front and not the back.

if anything ive stated in threads before it needs to be buffed/reworked

currently its op vs people without gear and weak vs people with gear.

1 person likes this

Posted

Some of the NPC are blocking your attacks are you willing the NPCs to not block as well?
some classes have there blocking skill as there main thing like the ranger having her bow and arrows, it's not OP.
try to flank the player and attack from behind of side it's not that hard.

Posted (edited)

Block needs to have a cost to a players ability to attack just like other classes evasion type skills in the game. A cost per use to stamina and or mana. 

This skill can be used almost indefinitely to ether heal to full or wait until you are ready to attack. All the while immune to the damage being dealt.....It is the paladin bubble that can be used constantly with little to no cost.

Edited by Myami
spelling

Posted

Posted

Stop bumping your own flame thread.

Posted

Every Block should cost 250 pearls.

Posted

Blocks are fine -_-

Posted

Yeah, sorry, but you're more than likely hitting someone who vastly outgears you. Personally, I have 246 DP with my Scars/ Block DP buffs, and geared Rangers will usually melt through my block in ~3 seconds.

Learn the game's mechanics, then come back to us.

Posted

Block needs a , long 30sec+ cool down, make it use up mana and/or stamina every time an attack is blocked until that bar is a 0 then block isn't able to be use again for a time, take it out of the game, and get some balance to this godly, GM level, Immunity to all............ skill. People are just Blocking 99% of the time where a full group cant even kill a person exploiting this bad game design. If you don't fix this issue....eventually.....you will have a game full of valks, warriors, and other classes that can just block everything......from every angle......... and we can change the name of this game to BA BAHA BLHA BLOCKING ALL THE TIME.

Did I mention that blocking need to be balanced to allow (different classes) 5v1 (BLOCK) a challenge to the person blocking,..... blocking,..... blocking ....look I'm immune to all damage as long as I have BLOCKING!......? Didn't I mention blocking is overpowered? Maybe you should change something to bring some balance to a game where pvp is a complete steaming.....FRESH =) pile of dog feces.

griefer pker detected. Perhaps you tried to jack with someone and bit off more than you could chew? lol

Posted

Block needs to have a cost to a players ability to attack just like other classes evasion type skills in the game. A cost per use to stamina and or mana. 

This skill can be used almost indefinitely to ether heal to full or wait until you are ready to attack. All the while immune to the damage being dealt.....It is the paladin bubble that can be used constantly with little to no cost.

blocks have hp , break the block (kill the blocks hp) and the person is unable to use block untill it regenerates forcing them to not block.

block also does prevent you from attacking , atleast for warriors there are several skills which are not usable during block (like ground smash)

blocking also does not heal you (warriors have 0 sustain untill greatsword)

Posted

But when someone is blocking can't you grab him or stun him with Lightnings?

Posted

But when someone is blocking can't you grab him or stun him with Lightnings?

Yes, while blocking Valkyries gain a resistance to CC buff, and Warriors gain a DP buff. You can still attack them from the sides and back, and grapple them. 

Posted

Yes, while blocking Valkyries gain a resistance to CC buff, and Warriors gain a DP buff. You can still attack them from the sides and back, and grapple them. 

And wiztch ulti does stun them, doesn't it?

Posted

I believe so, but I think its a fairly small proc chance. If anything, I know its a series of 'microstuns'.