• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Red Coral Ring or Blue Coral Ring for Blader?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Question is on the title

I know WP is important to give more damage with some skills but,is it worth? i mean,6 DP(2 red coral) or 2 AP and +50 WP (2 Blue Coral) ?

Posted

Mark of shadow is superior to both by quite a lot. The wp bonus dmg is neglectable compared to pure AP. 

Posted

Rings, no.

Blue Coral Earring is comparable to a Khaliks, but only when DUO'd or better really. Might as well stick with a Witches if you have it PRI'd or better.

Posted

hmm,so,i should save money to get PRI/DUO Mark fo Shadow.

Thanks for the help guys.

Posted

hmm,so,i should save money to get PRI/DUO Mark fo Shadow.

Thanks for the help guys.

Also, when Valencia releases you will be able to get a +7AP&HP Ring or a +7AP&WP Ring. So, in theory a DUO: MoS will be better off in preparation for Valencia.

Posted

I bought a Coral Blue earring like 4 days ago,should i sell it ?

Even if i lose money due to the tax,should i?

Posted

Yes you should even the walmart Blue earing giving by the NPC at The Hex sanctuary is better than Blue coral

Posted

Yes you should even the walmart Blue earing giving by the NPC at The Hex sanctuary is better than Blue coral

quote of the day

Posted

Actually, Blue Coral Earring is better than the Sealed earring. Upgrade Blue Coral to PRI, +6 AP, it increases by 2. However I think the WP remains at +25. Still, I would take a DUO Blue Coral Earring over a DUO Sealed earring. DUO Blue Coral = +8 AP, DUO Sealed earring = +7

Question is on the title

I know WP is important to give more damage with some skills but,is it worth? i mean,6 DP(2 red coral) or 2 AP and +50 WP (2 Blue Coral) ?

I use Blue Coral Earrings and am going to use them until we get Khaliks or Whaling Earrings.

Posted

Actually, Blue Coral Earring is better than the Sealed earring. Upgrade Blue Coral to PRI, +6 AP, it increases by 2. However I think the WP remains at +25. Still, I would take a DUO Blue Coral Earring over a DUO Sealed earring. DUO Blue Coral = +8 AP, DUO Sealed earring = +7

Blue Coral Earrings gain an additional +5 WP per level as well. Kinda negligible, but it's there.

Posted

I use Blue Coral Earrings and am going to use them until we get Khaliks or Whaling Earrings.

This is wrong.  Blue coral ring starts at 5 AP and gets 1 ap, 5 mana (or whatever) each upgrade.  It is pretty crap for most if not all classes.  At duo, you would get 7 AP and 35 mana.  I can't see 35 mana being worth the 2 ap a duo MoS would give.  I would also take a Pri/DUO Red coral ring with 6 ap, 5 dp and 50 stam over a pri/duo blue coral ring.

Posted

This is wrong.  Blue coral ring starts at 5 AP and gets 1 ap, 5 mana (or whatever) each upgrade.  It is pretty crap for most if not all classes.  At duo, you would get 7 AP and 35 mana.  I can't see 35 mana being worth the 2 ap a duo MoS would give.  I would also take a Pri/DUO Red coral ring with 6 ap, 5 dp and 50 stam over a pri/duo blue coral ring.

EARRING, Not ring. Derp.

Posted (edited)

EARRING, Not ring. Derp.

oopsies!

Red coral earring is way better though!  Just a lot more expensive.  You get 2 AP and 1 Accuracy per upgrade for it.  And there is really no point over 100 AP where 1 AP > 1 Accuracy until you are getting 100% hit rate, which very few people are atm!  

Edited by Ackilles

Posted (edited)

oopsies!

Red coral earring is way better though!  Just a lot more expensive.  You get 2 AP and 1 Accuracy per upgrade for it.  And there is really no point over 100 AP where 1 AP > 1 Accuracy until you are getting 100% hit rate, which very few people are atm!  

It's not though! It's too easy to get a solid accuracy stat without needing to use a Red Coral Earring. So why sacrifice the AP? I have roughly 30* Accuracy with food and I don't even use an Accuracy secondary wep or any +Accuracy accessories. I'd rather take the AP and extra WP.

Edited by Fancypants
Accuracy

Posted

It's not though! It's too easy to get a solid accuracy stat without needing to use a Red Coral Earring. So why sacrifice the AP? I have roughly 30* Accuracy with food and I don't even use an Accuracy secondary wep or any +Accuracy accessories. I'd rather take the AP and extra WP.

There is quite a lot of speculation currently (including actual testing) that shows serendia special is not actually giving the +10 accuracy buff.  With a Yuria MH and an accuracy offhand (which few players actually ahve) the testing done here https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4hpup3/revision_accuracy_explained_tests_results_and/

The person was getting around a 90% hit rate.  10% miss is still quite high, and 75-80% hit rate when using an AP offhand is brutal.

You are more than likely missing a LOT and don't realize it.

Posted

Hmm,i think i'm going to wait for the Whale Earring.

But for the rings i think i'm going to buy Red Coral,after the last patch stamina seems to be more important for our Class.

I'm just wondering if Red Coral can be useful for my future Ninja,it's hard to buy a gear that can fit the other class in BDO (except for PRI/DUO Witch Earrings/Mark of Shadow,but i don't have money for those).

Posted

There is quite a lot of speculation currently (including actual testing) that shows serendia special is not actually giving the +10 accuracy buff.  With a Yuria MH and an accuracy offhand (which few players actually ahve) the testing done here https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4hpup3/revision_accuracy_explained_tests_results_and/

The person was getting around a 90% hit rate.  10% miss is still quite high, and 75-80% hit rate when using an AP offhand is brutal.

You are more than likely missing a LOT and don't realize it.

This is a thorough test document, however I see nothing in this document mentioning the Serendia Special buff not working. So I can conclude ONLY from this test document that Serendia Special still works and with my rough 30 Accuracy I will still achieve 85-90% hitrate.

Unless you can show me a similar document with similar testing methodology using the Serendia Special food buff and proving that it in fact, does not work... I will continue to believe that it is working.

However, this does show that I still would not have 100% hitrate and a little more accuracy may be something to consider.

Posted

This is a thorough test document, however I see nothing in this document mentioning the Serendia Special buff not working. So I can conclude ONLY from this test document that Serendia Special still works and with my rough 30 Accuracy I will still achieve 85-90% hitrate.

Unless you can show me a similar document with similar testing methodology using the Serendia Special food buff and proving that it in fact, does not work... I will continue to believe that it is working.

However, this does show that I still would not have 100% hitrate and a little more accuracy may be something to consider.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4jodnr/psa_serendia_specials_accuracy_bonus_is_bugged/

I'm not sure if he has a link to his testing in black desert forum post he links there.  But as you can see, it is the same guy that posted the other thing.  I'm not happy about the serendia thing either, believe me - but the less people that burn money on it and the more that complain the sooner daum will get it fixed hopefully!

Posted

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4jodnr/psa_serendia_specials_accuracy_bonus_is_bugged/

I'm not sure if he has a link to his testing in black desert forum post he links there.  But as you can see, it is the same guy that posted the other thing.  I'm not happy about the serendia thing either, believe me - but the less people that burn money on it and the more that complain the sooner daum will get it fixed hopefully!

Welp, this is certainly good to know. Thank you!

Posted

Welp, this is certainly good to know. Thank you!

Np!  I suppose I should have mentioned before (but I've been rather tired this week), but my goal is to have enough accuracy to not need to use the acc offhand on my chars.  Getting enough accuracy from the earrings and neck/belt combo (ancients) would give enough to make it viable to swap to an AP offhand on this char or my main (valk) simply for faster grinding speed as that equals more silver/hour.