• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Thinking of buying Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller to play BDO.. Thoughts?? Is it worth it??

Posted

No.

Posted

why?

Posted

why?

No.

Posted

Well you are helpful...

Seems to me having the option to press buttons without having to remove my thumb from the thumb stick sounds good...

Posted

You wanted thoughts, he gave you some.

Posted (edited)

You wanted thoughts, he gave you some.

Constructive feedback!!! Is what i was after...Jeez you people!

Edited by X_Madsync_X

Posted

Constructive feedback!!! Is what i was after...Jeez you people!

Welcome to the BDO Forums.

But seriously, if you wanna buy a controller and play that way, go ahead.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Posted (edited)

Controller will do fine for melee classes, the biggest problem is hotbar access. 

An Xbox controller gives you 10 actual buttons that are mapable. You will need to bind:

Jump 

Left click

Right click

Confirm(enter)

R

E

Q

F

V

And depending on class, 3-5 hotbar actions, more if you need to pop elixirs every 5mins.

It's hard to map everything you need and play solely from a controller.

Also a mouse will always be more precise for aim.

If your intent is just farming or bosses, a controller may be much more relaxing, but if you want to PvP at a high level, K&M will always perform better.

Edit: you could argue that you don't need to map V for the black spirit bail out, but when that "oh shit" moment happens, you likely won't get to the V key fast enough. And if you can, why even bother with the controller.

Edited by Zelius

Posted

Isn't that thing like seventeen thousand dollars? O.o

Posted

Isn't that thing like seventeen thousand dollars? O.o

Yeah, $150. Not worth for bdo imo.

Thinking of buying Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller to play BDO.. Thoughts?? Is it worth it??

I have one, but I don't use it for BDO. If you just want a controller just go with a cheap one. It's a good, quality, solid controller but I don't recommend a controller for a game like BDO anyway. I suppose you could make it work, but I feel you'd be limiting yourself at the more engaging activities. If you just want the controller just to have the controller like I did, then by all means go ahead and purchase it. It's a great piece of hardware Just don't buy it with the intent of solely using it for BDO, or any MMO that doesn't have controller friendly setups. I'm not sure how good or bad BDO's controller option is, but I've never bothered with it in the options. Good luck.

Posted

I use the ol' Razer Tartarus - much more betterer. ;)

Posted

Yeah, $150. Not worth for bdo imo.

I have one, but I don't use it for BDO. If you just want a controller just go with a cheap one. It's a good, quality, solid controller but I don't recommend a controller for a game like BDO anyway. I suppose you could make it work, but I feel you'd be limiting yourself at the more engaging activities. If you just want the controller just to have the controller like I did, then by all means go ahead and purchase it. It's a great piece of hardware Just don't buy it with the intent of solely using it for BDO, or any MMO that doesn't have controller friendly setups. I'm not sure how good or bad BDO's controller option is, but I've never bothered with it in the options. Good luck.

Ya I went out and bought it already..I have the xbox one as well so I will be using it on that as well.

I use the ol' Razer Tartarus - much more betterer. ;)

Do you pvp with it? Just curious.

Posted

Ya I went out and bought it already..I have the xbox one as well so I will be using it on that as well.

iam playing with a Logitech G13 also thought about the tartarus but in the end i liked the logitech more

and yes ofc only pvp :P

Posted

iam playing with a Logitech G13 also thought about the tartarus but in the end i liked the logitech more

and yes ofc only pvp :P

ohh lol i thought that was a controller not a programmable keyboard..  

Posted

Not yet. :D

Posted

I only switch to controller to mindlessly farm titles. Ranger on a horse makes it really easy to do so and I find controllers to be less demanding on my hands.

Except the GameCube controller.

Cause 20xx.