• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Unacceptable names

22 posts in this topic

Posted

This is not funny,This is not content anyone wants to see in Game.

2016-05-18_517014619.JPG

I suggest making this a perma-Ban offense .

5 people like this

Posted

Report it to the support and move on.

Posted

Offence can not be given, only taken. 
So if it offends you, it's your problem.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting him naming his toon an inappropriate name.

I assume you play in NA? You should get your head out of your ass and just think to yourself "what an idiot" and not "THIS IS SO OFFENSIVE!!".

and btw: When you think it's not okay to joke about minorities, then you're a -----in racist.
Everything and everyone should be made fun off.

2 people like this

Posted

All you can do is report it, as racism is not ok in anyway shape or form.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting him naming his toon an inappropriate name.

I assume you play in NA? You should get your head out of your ass and just think to yourself "what an idiot" and not "THIS IS SO OFFENSIVE!!".

and btw: When you think it's not okay to joke about minorities, then you're a -----in racist.

Excuse my English, but I don't get that joke. Could you explain it?

1 person likes this

Posted

Excuse my English, but I don't get that joke. Could you explain it?

1. it's a video game
2. it's on the internet 

nothing on the internet should ever be taken seriously. 

Posted

1. it's a video game2. it's on the internet 

Yeah, but that could be just because of stupidity. I still can't see any joke or humor in "kill -----s".

2 people like this

Posted

Urgh, so you're one of those "muh freeze peach" assholes that thinks it's ok to say anything about anyone because "hey, it's just a joke"

Words have consequences. Even words on the internet.

Posted

What a stupidity.

It's internet, it is a virtual name, means is not real.

I would take care of more important things like content issues rather than losing time with this "hey i have sth to say on forums" 

Posted

Urgh, so you're one of those "muh freeze peach" assholes that thinks it's ok to say anything about anyone because "hey, it's just a joke"

Words have consequences. Even words on the internet.

really? How is it possible that a strangers words can harm you? low self esteem?
a strangers words should never be able to offend or harm you.

when you stop giving a shit about what other people think of you, you're gonna start having fun in life.
and no, words _on_the_internet_ don't have consequences.

1 person likes this

Posted

Most games will quickly delete/ban characters that use names that don't conform to their ToS. As others have stated just report it to the GM's and they will take care of the situation. You will be doing a good turn for everyone playing the game by doing so. Making a post about this is the wrong approach and will just stir up needless controversy which solves nothing.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Anyone else think this guy is crazy? wtf is wrong with you. 

These things actually happened. They are not funny. Would you joke about someone's dead mother who experienced a violent death for example? That's disrespectful as f--k. Not to mention crazy af too....

Edited by Notepad
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Anyone else think this guy is crazy? wtf is wrong with you. 

These things actually happened. They are not funny. Would you joke about someone dead mother's violent death for example? That's disrespectful as f--k. Not to mention crazy af too....

this person is also preaching hate

Not really. 

Edited by Innumerable

Posted

I'm just curious how many black ppl actually got offended by this, cuz I've heard them many times calling each other the n- word.

Posted (edited)

It has been reported and there is no need to further this conversation. 

Thank you all for responding and I may not agree with the approach of some individuals I do respect their right to do as they see fit. Moderator you may now lock and delete this post as no further action by the in game community is necessary. 

Edited by NorthMage
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm just curious how many black ppl actually got offended by this, cuz I've heard them many times calling each other the n- word.

If a German made a comedy film about the third-Reich, it would most likely get a 'rough' reception. But Mel Brooks can and has claimed that space - and everybody gets it. A member of the African diaspora using the n-word is the same kind of thing for similar reasons.

1 person likes this

Posted

1. it's a video game2. it's on the internet 

Bravo ! Glad to see a sense of reason has not abandon us all .

Posted

If a German made a comedy film about the third-Reich, it would most likely get a 'rough' reception. But Mel Brooks can and has claimed that space - and everybody gets it. A member of the African diaspora using the n-word is the same kind of thing for similar reasons.

I'm not talking just about one member here.

Posted (edited)

I'm not talking just about one member here.

Neither am I.

That word you want to use so bad? Why?

It's only purpose in history has been to put down thosr with African ancestry, by those who were engaged in genocide against them. Small wonder then that descendants of those who survived that genocide feel, and rightly so, that they have earned ownership of it with the blood of their ancestors and kin.

Much as Jewish film maker and comedian Mel Brooks has earned the right to speak in any way he wants about the Holocaust and unless you share that legacy with him, it's not your space.

Likewise many young women seem to be claiming the b-word, and some others - that have historically been used to undermine women's efforts and confidence. By claiming a term that outsiders use against you in a derogatory manner, you take power over it, and claim back your self confidence and self image from inner demons and from those who seek to put you down.

I would never dream of using those words - I have not earned that right. As a Chinese-Latino-Nigerian male, my legacy is different. But I also see that others have every right to them - even to take those words from me.

Given the legacy of these various words and deeds though - if they are not in your ancestry... you have to really ask yourself WHY you would ever want to use them. That is a very unpleasant space to go to - to desire to use words who's legacy is hateful against people other than oneself / one's kin.

Edited by Makeda Fyah
1 person likes this

Posted

The irony is that the OP could face more consequences for breaking the name shaming rules than the idiot with the controversial/offensive name will.

Posted (edited)

Neither am I.

That word you want to use so bad? Why?

It's only purpose in history has been to put down thosr with African ancestry, by those who were engaged in genocide against them. Small wonder then that descendants of those who survived that genocide feel, and rightly so, that they have earned ownership of it with the blood of their ancestors and kin.

Much as Jewish film maker and comedian Mel Brooks has earned the right to speak in any way he wants about the Holocaust and unless you share that legacy with him, it's not your space.

Likewise many young women seem to be claiming the b-word, and some others - that have historically been used to undermine women's efforts and confidence. By claiming a term that outsiders use against you in a derogatory manner, you take power over it, and claim back your self confidence and self image from inner demons and from those who seek to put you down.

I would never dream of using those words - I have not earned that right. As a Chinese-Latino-Nigerian male, my legacy is different. But I also see that others have every right to them - even to take those words from me.

Given the legacy of these various words and deeds though - if they are not in your ancestry... you have to really ask yourself WHY you would ever want to use them. That is a very unpleasant space to go to - to desire to use words who's legacy is hateful against people other than oneself / one's kin.

tl; almost dr

I don't use 'that word' tho. I'm just sayin it feels kinda discriminating when they are calling each other this way and you are trying to limit others to do so (while they may not even mind).
Also, words aren't about rights, deeds are :3

Edited by iarilo