• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So basically Daum is pro griefing?

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly I can't figure out what other purpose their PvP system serves other than to allow jerks and griefers to annoy and prey on other people.  There is quite literally no point to PvP in this game so the only reason to do it is to screw with other people.  There are no benefits to PvP at all, you don't get xp, you don't get gear you don't gain control of anything there's no purpose for it and the only thing people do is search for and pick on players weaker than them.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of open PvP for two reasons, first is that I don't like the idea of being forced into any gameplay I don't choose, which is what open PvP does.  Still though that's not my biggest issue, my biggest issue is that open PvP never functions like one might intend when conceptualizing it.  Open PvP always and I do mean always turns into griefers or just jerks getting to high level and then going and harassing people weaker than them.  I am so sick of being chased down while just traveling on my wagon by some idiot who destroys my wagon as I'm riding and then proceeds to kill me.  No purpose behind, he's not fighting for a grind area or doing anything relevant he's just being a ----- b/c he can.  That's all PvP in this game is and it's annoying as shit.

To top all that off I get punished when some moron decides to kill me for no reason in a situation where I don't stand a chance.  Why do I lose xp when some idiot PK's me?  I'm in the middle of fighting mobs, some guy can just come over, PK me while I'm engaged and I lose xp, how is that a good idea?  OH, so he loses some uses karma, that doesn't seem to deter anyone at all.

I know this is a long and ultimately pointless rant but I had to vent this mess is just so stupid to me.  Seriously though the PvP system needs a rework as right now all it does is encourage people to be shitty and penalizes the person that's getting preyed on.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

hmmmmmmmm

pKOyj7P.gif

Edited by Guli
1 person likes this

Posted

everyone is pro griefing, you should try it yourself.

Posted

everyone is pro griefing, you should try it yourself.

Well I don't really get my jollies killing weaker people for no reason.  I mean getting ganked b/c someone wants your grind spot is annoying but I can live with that, at least there's a reason for it.  Getting killed while just riding down the road by some person you have no chance against is just stupid.  The karma system is a horrible and ineffective deterrence and I certainly shouldn't be penalized for being PK'd in a fight I didn't start or want.

Posted

I hope you realize that the reason your prey to "griefers" is because instead of learning to play and survive or even fight you just come cry about the system should be changed. The weak will be preyed upon in any world be it irl or in a game why do you think that because this is a video game world your weakness should be accounted for?

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, this is all about griefing, and offered official possibility to be an asshole.
There is also, pvp is the true sens of fighting in an online game. Specially in a KR online game where IA and scripting are just somewhat poor. PVP is gameplay and combat skill achievement for many - and i certainly do think it is.
Open and uncontroled PVP allow those 2 kind of players to enjoy and feel the sens of accomplishment: being an asshole, or enjoying the true fight.

Posted

If you can't/won't defend yourself you leave, there's a bunch of channels and an enormous map with a tonne of things to do for a reason. Territorial control is arguably the entire point of the end game.

Posted

Evolve or die, your tears wont change anything.

TH

Posted

OP talking about me? rofl

Posted

Jeez, not another post with the same rehash shit.

Also killing wagons in Valencia yeilds trade goods. Granted it's not out yet. Also you accepted the gameplay when you installed the game, so if you don't like it just uninstall. Free will is great ain't it.

Posted

Also killing wagons in Valencia yeilds trade goods. Granted it's not out yet. Also you accepted the gameplay when you installed the game, so if you don't like it just uninstall. Free will is great ain't it.

Yeah because the PvP forum hasn't been filled with other stuff, mainly, "Pro PvPrs" re-hashing/crying about the Karma system right?

I get what the OP is saying and I understand what the other posters have said too. There's nothing wrong with good ol' fashioned PvP, where BOTH sides are in agreement and test their skill against one another. In the future months, once Siege/Node Wars come out, PvP will have more of a defined purpose, because right now, you have the minority being the true, PvPrs, and the majority being the RPK/Griefers who are convinced by this game being an OWPvP Game as a justifiable excuse to act like a bunch of turdmonkeys to anyone/everyone they meet.

PvP in this game is fun, but being a PKr serves no purpose and proves nothing more than you throwing your weight around, because you can...

1 person likes this

Posted

Pking is PVP. There doesn't have to be a reason to kill anyone. If you enter a combat zone you accept the consequences.

I recently got killed at node manager by a ghillie player. No reason at all, i rezed and moved on with my life.

1 person likes this

Posted

go play another game. theres 1000's of MMO's you picked 1 with Open world pvp. you don't like open world pvp. find something else to play

Posted

So basically Daum is pro griefing?

Yes.

We're now 2 months into release and nothing has changed about pvp. Even if Daum miraculously implements their bounty system, it will most likely adhere to griefing, pking, and make very minor changes to the overall system.

If Daum wasn't pro-griefing, they would've immediately changed our karma system to have more balance. Currently you can kill whatever the hell you want up to (5) times before experiencing detriment. That's a whole lot of innocent players dying when you consider how easy it is to farm karma back.

Posted

Honestly I can't figure out what other purpose their PvP system serves other than to allow jerks and griefers to annoy and prey on other people.  There is quite literally no point to PvP in this game so the only reason to do it is to screw with other people.  There are no benefits to PvP at all, you don't get xp, you don't get gear you don't gain control of anything there's no purpose for it and the only thing people do is search for and pick on players weaker than them.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of open PvP for two reasons, first is that I don't like the idea of being forced into any gameplay I don't choose, which is what open PvP does.  Still though that's not my biggest issue, my biggest issue is that open PvP never functions like one might intend when conceptualizing it.  Open PvP always and I do mean always turns into griefers or just jerks getting to high level and then going and harassing people weaker than them.  I am so sick of being chased down while just traveling on my wagon by some idiot who destroys my wagon as I'm riding and then proceeds to kill me.  No purpose behind, he's not fighting for a grind area or doing anything relevant he's just being a ----- b/c he can.  That's all PvP in this game is and it's annoying as shit.

To top all that off I get punished when some moron decides to kill me for no reason in a situation where I don't stand a chance.  Why do I lose xp when some idiot PK's me?  I'm in the middle of fighting mobs, some guy can just come over, PK me while I'm engaged and I lose xp, how is that a good idea?  OH, so he loses some uses karma, that doesn't seem to deter anyone at all.

I know this is a long and ultimately pointless rant but I had to vent this mess is just so stupid to me.  Seriously though the PvP system needs a rework as right now all it does is encourage people to be shitty and penalizes the person that's getting preyed on.

The way I see it. Players flagging on other players is in the game to allow players to gain control over grind spots.  It also means you can pk someone you dislike if you want. Knowing full well you will grind back your karma.

I don't make it a habit to kill other players near me when grinding but there are times when in sausans when in a group of 5 we all will flag and kill someone or another team encroaching on our spot.

Interfering with someone killing mobs usually starts some pking.

If I am in a grind spot and am fighting mobs and someone comes by and starts to pk me I will usually try and fight back but if I die to them I will usually wait a min or 2 then just use an elions tear to not lose my xp.

You could technically grief that ganker by spending lots of elion tears rezzing to them. Just means it is your RL $$'s being spent in the process. If the ganker insists on killing you their karma will be effected. This can often lead to guild war being declared.

I play a 54 witch and pvp is all about controlling grind spots and killing players that are members of the guilds we hate, ie they're on our KoS list.

Posted

Actually, Daum advertises the game as a Fantasy life game and says nothing about there being PvP, so when people come in -----ing about the PvP mechanics, it's really Daums fault for not being transparent on the main site.

Granted, I feel most people do a bit of research on a game before they buy it, but considering when I bought the game, I thought that the PvP level was 50 and locked behind a quest because that's what I herd from people on KR. But ours was changed because reasons, so now we have to deal with the fact that people can no longer choose if they want to PvP or not.

Posted

Why play a pvp focused game and then whine like a little girl when you have to pvp? i hate having to say this but go play world of warcraft, dont ruin this game with your whining like the playerbase of wow did :D  Im not great at pvp and i dont play a sorc or anything, but i dont really see the point of playing this game if there was no way to compete for grindspots. Ofc sometimes you get rolled by people with better gear but quess what - everyone can gear up and since most of the money can be made with workers you cant argue "i dont have 18 hours a day to play" 90% of my gear has come from either buying it or doing daily/weekly scrolls and if you cant play enough to do that.. wrong game mate.

or more likely this is a typical whiny troll thread and i got baited. :)

Posted

Actually, Daum advertises the game as a Fantasy life game and says nothing about there being PvP, so when people come in -----ing about the PvP mechanics, it's really Daums fault for not being transparent on the main site.
Granted, I feel most people do a bit of research on a game before they buy it, but considering when I bought the game, I thought that the PvP level was 50 and locked behind a quest because that's what I herd from people on KR. But ours was changed because reasons, so now we have to deal with the fact that people can no longer choose if they want to PvP or not.

I can sorta understand. Some people might feel like they've been mislead. The information and research available came from the KR server, since Daum NA/EU weren't very detailed about our future PvP mechanics.

But the KR version doesn't have PK, not even around grind spots and certainly no one killing afk fishers and horse trainers "for fun". This due to much harsher karma penalty and player attitude in general. PvP is also locked behind a quest, so can avoid it entirely. It's carebear compared to our version and certainly no hardcore "PvP focused game". So people from NA/EU bought the game and expected something simliar. They must feel a bit bummed right now.

Posted

Understand the OP's points.....really should be a mechanic that after you have flagged you STAY flagged and hittable for at least five minutes. And I totally agree, the player being flagged on should never be loosing xp for being killed, matter of fact they should never drop anything either, should only be original flagger that drops anything or looses xp. That is open world PvP- Lots of risk to be an aggressor and not rewarding to seek out lower leveled players.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with you in principle which is why I turn the tables on them.

Give Daum a Benjamin and get yourself 100 Tears. Then follow them around and force them kill you over and over until they go Red. Find any mobs they're attacking and steal as many as you can. Currently Karma griefing is the only counter to PK griefing but either way I see no reason for PKing an *AFK* player existing in this game. If you're grinding mobs or actively playing in the game and a player decides to attack you, that is Open world PvP and I support its existence.

Players who spend their time attacking random AFK players for kicks are just suffering from small-man syndrome. If you look at the pictures of the Twitch streamers who spend their time doing this you'll see that this is as true IRL as it is in game.

Posted

I hope you realize that the reason your prey to "griefers" is because instead of learning to play and survive or even fight you just come cry about the system should be changed. The weak will be preyed upon in any world be it irl or in a game why do you think that because this is a video game world your weakness should be accounted for?

"The weak."

The irony is it's usually those who are bad kid mongrels at PvP that prey on people with zero PvP knowledge lol GG

Posted

If you farm in a spot that I want then its you who is the griefing one. I simply take what belongs to me. And yes, before you go there, if you cant defend your spot then the spot belongs to me until someone does the same to me.

Posted (edited)

If you farm in a spot that I want then its you who is the griefing one. I simply take what belongs to me. And yes, before you go there, if you cant defend your spot then the spot belongs to me until someone does the same to me.

Yes.. that is PvP.. but PKing is killing AFK players, or players obviously weaker than you. Most PKers wet their pants, and run crying "Mommy" when the person they thought was AFK hits them back and kills them, which is why we need a 5 min cooldown on de-flag AFTER HITTING ANOTHER PLAYER, not just from initial flag.. 

Edited by Darlgon

Posted

Yes.. that is PvP.. but PKing is killing AFK players, or players obviously weaker than you. Most PKers wet their pants, and run crying "Mommy" when the person they thought was AFK hits them back and kills them, which is why we need a 5 min cooldown on de-flag AFTER HITTING ANOTHER PLAYER, not just from initial flag.. 

Why the hell would I give a shit about him being weaker than me? If he farms in a spot that I want then I will kill him, no matter his level, gear or what-not.

Posted (edited)

Why the hell would I give a shit about him being weaker than me? If he farms in a spot that I want then I will kill him, no matter his level, gear or what-not.

By that same logic, the Nazis didnt give a shit about the Jews in Germany, so they took what they wanted and killed them to boot. Heil Hitler. 

Edited by Darlgon
Quote Freaked out.