• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A large list of suggestions to prevent more players from leaving BDO

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Black Desert is an amazing MMO with a very good potential of being one of the best MMOs ever released. However, it's been 2 months and a half since BDO has launched and I've noticed many people are quitting the game. Even famous YouTubers are releasing videos about quitting BDO! Many of my friends are starting to feel bored and plan on leaving too. Because of this, I decided to make a list of all the main aspects I think should be changed. But before I do that, I would like to briefly introduce myself: I'm a lvl 54 Witch with 120 AP and 162 DP. I work 8h a day, which means I'm not a hardcore player by any means, but I do spend around 4 hours playing daily.

1) WORLD BOSSES:
Let's face it. All World Bosses except Kzarka are pretty bad. Kzarka has nice mechanics and won't actually one-shot you, giving you an opportunity to heal. All the other bosses like Red Nose are just a pain in the ass: they are laggy, they feel buggy, they oneshot you and, the most important fact, you may or not receive loot from them! If I'm guessing correctly, the current way of earning loot from World Bosses is to deal as much damage as possible. This means that only the most OP/geared up players will receive loot, making them even more OP. Also, if you're playing a melee character, you're pretty much screwed. At the moment, there's no feeling of reward for participating in a World Boss, since it seems they are only making the already OP players even more OP.

My suggestions to fix this problem would be:
a) all players who deal a X amount of damage to the boss will receive a chest with loot (similar to GW2). This chest has a random chance of dropping rare items like Tree Spirit Belt, depending on the boss).
b) make World Boss loot random for all participants and with cooldown (example: if you received loot from a World Boss, you cannot receive it again for X days).
c) remove World Bosses completely from the game.

2) RNG:
Almost everything in this game is RNG: gear enchant, skill awakening, horse skills, horse breeding, HP/MP per level, dyes... I bought a Liverto one month ago, which is +12 at the moment. My guild mate, who spends a lot less time than me playing BDO and doesn't even have +10 gear, received 2 Livertos from guild bosses last week and already has a +15 Liverto. It took him 18 failstacks to get to +15. I spent around 35 failstacks to upgrade mine to +12. My friend spent 40 failstacks in his +8 Grunil Shoes and failed! This is just wrong and makes players rage. RNG in this game has led me to believe that you just need to be lucky to be slightly powerful. There is no sense of accomplishment when upgrading our equipment. Instead of "YES, +15 Liverto!" my reaction will probably be something like "About f****** time!".

3) HACKERS/BOTS:
I've never actually spotted any hacker/bot in the game, but I've seen what they can do and it scares me. Hackers and bots are making people quit the game. They constantly kill you, they get rich easily, they farm easily, and many other things. The fact that you asked players to report hackers/bots makes me think that, unless WE do something about it, you can't act on your own. Also, serious question: how are we supposed to report hackers wearing Ghillie Suits? Their name doesn't show up, so how can we be certain that you'll actually ban these people?

4) CLASS BALANCE:
With the exception of Ranger and Sorceress, I think most classes in BDO are actually balanced. 

The main problem with Rangers is that they can spend hours soloing powerful groups of mobs like Sausans. My guild mate has +15 Ultimate equipment and spends hours soloing Sausans without dying. If he can solo groups of powerful mobs, imagine what he can do in PvP.

Sorceresses, on the other hand, have way to much CC and damage. As I've stated before, I'm a Witch with 162 DP and my friend's Sorceress kicked my ass with a +10 weapon. I even built Knockdown Resistance to PvP against him, but there's no point: once you're knocked down, your HP is deleted. Also, I think you should increase their teleport/blink cooldown. It makes them way too powerful since they don't take any damage while using it.

5) CASTLE SIEGES/NODE WARS:
I believe this is the main reason why most players are leaving. BDO is a PvP game without any real PvP content at the moment. The only PvP content we have right now is killing players for farm spots and the occasional guild wars. Red Battlefield is unbalanced as hell as doesn't feel any bit rewarding. Guilds are starting to merge with other guilds because there are no players to recruit, everyone is leaving! Please consider releasing this content soon, otherwise, more players will keep leaving.

6) LACK OF COMMUNICATION:
While I believe Daum is a pretty cool company willing to listen to their fanbase, I think that some aspects need way more information than the one you're willing to provide, specifically when it comes to patch notes and content release. Patch notes should be released before the actual maintenance and provide specific information. Don't tell us that something was adjusted. Tell us if it was buffed/nerfed and how much did you change. As for future content release, please provide us with more information on ETAs, instead of releasing big patches like Mediah part 1/2 without any further warning. Players should know about major patches at least 2 weeks before they are released, so that we can prepare accordingly.

I'm sure that there are many more suggestions that could be made, but these are the ones I consider to be the most important. I love BDO and I plan on playing it for months, but I'm afraid the game won't succeed for a long time if some critical aspects aren't changed. Please remember that this is my personal opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone, so please keep your comments constructive.

@CM_Jouska, @CM_Praballo, @GM_Gemu, please take a look at this post.

Edited by Stellary
9 people like this

Posted

Too late, game is deaded.

Posted

The kind of players that are bleeding off are the ones who play anything that isn't WoW for a few weeks while it is new and interesting, then go back to WoW.

3 people like this

Posted

Although I have no plans of quitting this game I agree with all of your points. I want to see this game succeed!

Posted (edited)

Add options for PvE players to escape forced PvP, and you'll see a lot of people return.

Edited by The Korrigan
3 people like this

Posted

Although I have no plans of quitting this game I agree with all of your points. I want to see this game succeed!

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

NERF SORCS OR DELETE THEM

and il donate money and it will stop so many people from leaving bdo

Edited by Squidzy

Posted

NERF SORCS OR DELETE THEM

and il donate money and it will stop so many people from leaving bdo

You have been a naughty naughty boy, there is a Dark flame waiting for you just around the corner...

I like the suggestion about the world bosses cooldown. But it would have to be made per account/family. But they would probably make the X amount a 3 tier balance bronze chest, silver chest and gold chest. Because then a lot of people would just come hit the boss once and wait for the reward. Some people do that on less populated bosses.

As  for RNG well failstacks are kind of a solution for that as they increase your chances but still. You can have a 99% of a chance for something and miss 10 times just because of bad luck. Not much that can save that unless we add some "sure enchant algorithm" oh wait "Force enchant" :).

I know it doesn't work on jewelry but it works on armor and weapons and yes it's pricey but at the same time it's sure to succeed.

Posted

Add options for PvE players to escape forced PvP, and you'll see a lot of people return.

ehm no this isnt a a pve only game secondly im lvl 50+ for some time now and i havent had any pvp problems, people dont just kill you on sight without a reason.

Now about this forums topic i totaly agree, wish that the actual game developers could see this. This isnt the first time people ask for such things. It will take them some time to fix most of those things so we all have to be patient but i dont think the will try to fix the rng problems and definitly not the world bosses because it makes them tons of money

Posted (edited)

Aside from one or two ideas worth considering, this post is so misinformed. It is baffling.

World bosses granting loot to people (same random loot chances for everyone) who deal a significant amount of damage sounds fair. It would stop the idea that a low level needs to hit once to get their low tier loot and instead motivate them to participate as well.

Random chances on most things is part of the game, and it was part of the game before you even started playing. You should have known this before signing up. Don't come whining about it just to make it easier for you to get your +15 Liverto. You should have avoided the game if you don't like pseudo randomness in games. A system built in on the game cannot be... oh wait you only whined about this but didn't even suggest something. Very constructive... Go back to GW2 if you didn't research about this game before starting to play.

How are you supposed to report hackers with Ghillie Suits? Simple, the same way you report people becaue @CM_Jouska (I believe) already stated that they can check the logs and find out with no problem. Did you even research before posting?

Just because a class is super good at killing mobs doesn't mean they will be unstoppable at pvp, like WHAT?! There are skills nerfed that say stuff like damage reduced in pvp, inflicts knockdown (not in pvp), and such things. Moreover, Sorceress main point is 1v1, of course they are going to excel on 1v1 matches. Catch a Sorceress when they are about to launch one of their attacks and see how weak they are. Obviously, avoiding damage is their way to survive, so that is core to the Sorceress class. Their "teleport/blink" uses stamina. Stamina depletes when used too often, maybe you are just being outplayed? When will people understand that? Is being bad and losing to a class enough reason to complaining about it and demand a complete nerf?

There's enough pvp. Node wars will add on top of that. Maybe they have planned to release it soon? Let them release it when the time is right.

Just in the last patch they showed how much they are willing to improve the communication with the players. Didn't you read the patch notes?! And no, they must not release the patch notes before the patch is even live. Plenty of reason not to. I will give you one reason, you think about the others: what happens if the change cannot be made during the patching? Will they just say, "sorry guys, we couldn't implement X and so you don't have that right now." That would be another reason for the whiners to complain about, don't you think? "Daum fails at patching, can't believe they couldn't implement XYZ! I'm leaving this game!". Moreover, specific information about changes are for MOBAS where tournaments are the main focus of the game, where known what changes have been made is vital. That's not the case in BDO. Stating that the damage of a certain skill has been adjusted is enough. You should check yourself with websites that have those skills if you are so interested in knowing how significant was the change.

I completely agree with @Kelticfury when he says that, "The kind of players that are bleeding off are the ones who play anything that isn't WoW for a few weeks while it is new and interesting, then go back to WoW." Effectively, those kinds of people screw the games they play by complaining and then they leave as well.

Edited by Sqejcf

Posted

Aside from one or two ideas worth considering, this post is so misinformed. It is baffling.

World bosses granting loot to people (same random loot chances for everyone) who deal a significant amount of damage sounds fair. It would stop the idea that a low level needs to hit once to get their low tier loot and instead motivate them to participate as well.

Random chances on most things is part of the game, and it was part of the game before you even started playing. You should have known this before signing up. Don't come whining about it just to make it easier for you to get your +15 Liverto. You should have avoided the game if you don't like pseudo randomness in games. A system built in on the game cannot be... oh wait you only whined about this but didn't even suggest something. Very constructive... Go back to GW2 if you didn't research about this game before starting to play.

How are you supposed to report hackers with Ghillie Suits? Simple, the same way you report people becaue @CM_Jouska (I believe) already stated that they can check the logs and find out with no problem. Did you even research before posting?

Just because a class is super good at killing mobs doesn't mean they will be unstoppable at pvp, like WHAT?! There are skills nerfed that say stuff like damage reduced in pvp, inflicts knockdown (not in pvp), and such things. Sorceress main point is 1v1, of course they are going to excel on 1v1 matches. Catch a Sorceress when they are about to launch one of their attacks and see how weak they are. Obviously, avoiding damage is their way to survive, so that is core to the Sorceress class. Their "teleport/blink" uses stamina. Stamina depletes when used too often, maybe you are just being outplayed? When will people understand that? Is being bad and losing to a class enough reason to complaining about it and demand a complete nerf?

There's enough pvp. Node wars will add on top of that. Maybe they have planned to release it soon? Let them release it when the time is right.

Just in the last patch they showed how much they are willing to improve the communication with the players. Didn't you read the patch notes?! And no, they must not release the patch notes before the patch is even live. Plenty of reason not to. I will give you one reason, you think about the others: what happens if the change cannot be made during the patching? Will they just say, "sorry guys, we couldn't implement X and so you don't have that right now." That would be another reason for the whiners to complain about, don't you think? "Daum fails at patching, can't believe they couldn't implement XYZ! I'm leaving this game!". Moreover, specific information about changes are for MOBAS where tournaments are the main focus of the game, where known what changes have been made is vital. That's not the case in BDO. Stating that the damage of a certain skill has been adjusted is enough. You should check yourself with websites that have those skills if you are so interested in knowing how significant was the change.

I completely agree with @Kelticfury when he says that, "The kind of players that are bleeding off are the ones who play anything that isn't WoW for a few weeks while it is new and interesting, then go back to WoW." Effectively, those kinds of people screw the games they play by complaining and then they leave as well.

such salt

Posted

3) HACKERS/BOTS:
I've never actually spotted any hacker/bot in the game, but I've seen what they can do and it scares me. Hackers and bots are making people quit the game. They constantly kill you, they get rich easily, they farm easily, and many other things. The fact that you asked players to report hackers/bots makes me think that, unless WE do something about it, you can't act on your own. Also, serious question: how are we supposed to report hackers wearing Ghillie Suits? Their name doesn't show up, so how can we be certain that you'll actually ban these people?

You can see many video of hacker on the Net, Every battlefield/Worldboss you see hacker/macro ranger, some a really famous, the boss system giving more loot to the best dps make it even more unfair.
AND THE WORSE i got many post of guy who got only ban 3day after earning x00M silver from cheating, you kidding right? only 3 day ban when the guy cheat and win month of farm etc... This is the thing which gonna make you lose player and money.

Cheater should get permaban or at least get the account made totaly empty so they get to start over exept for contribution & energy for exemple if you can t permaban(why wouldnt  you be able to ban cheater forever while all other big game in EU are able to)

Posted

I don't think that will happen, since the entire game is about getting geared and levelled up for pvp.

You can see many video of hacker on the Net, Every battlefield/Worldboss you see hacker/macro ranger, some a really famous, the boss system giving more loot to the best dps make it even more unfair.AND THE WORSE i got many post of guy who got only ban 3day after earning x00M silver from cheating, you kidding right? only 3 day ban when the guy cheat and win month of farm etc... This is the thing which gonna make you lose player and money.

Cheater should get permaban or at least get the account made totaly empty so they get to start over exept for contribution & energy for exemple if you can t permaban(why wouldnt  you be able to ban cheater forever while all other big game in EU are able to)

This is hearsay. Jouska told us what happens when cheaters are caught. they are perma banned. But by all means jump on the misinformation train and spread your bollocks gloom and doom garbage.

Posted (edited)

*bump*

Edited by Stellary

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska any answer about this?

Too many post where ppl said they were ban only 3 day after week of cheating/macro

Edited by ariga

Posted

I more or less agree with all of this, underlining

1) World Bosses. As a Melee, I've just stopped trying. A part of this game meant to make me excited and go test my skill and I don't even want to do it. Between the loads of people at melee, inability to see tells, player collision messing with your ability to save yourself, laid ontop of the death penalties and how loot is distributed? No thank you. I have all +15 ultimate items (minus shield and boots which are not yet ultimate). Fighting world bosses, I've never seen a Liverto (i do my ani cancels/max dps uptime, avoid most of the instant kills). A guildie (ranger) with a +13 yuria has gotten 'two' livertos already and just started on bosses this week. 

I snipped purchased a liverto (only way to get it) but have been stuck at +12 at 32 fail stacks. A wizard in my guild went through 12/13/14/15 with 10 total fail stacks. 

It's enough to make someone rip their hair out because, this isn't being bad at the game, its the game screwing you over. People mention WoW and while I hate that game, the way you gain loot, the fairness between classes in encounters is far...far better than this pile of crud. 

Issue now is of course, cause Witches and Rangers are rolling in boss loot, I don't even want to SEE the end game pvp content as a melee. Walk up to people with 3/4 boss gear obliterating me? Yeah no thanks. 

Follow up: Whats worse about this, you have seen these threads for weeks--and they have not done a thing or even commented on them. I think that is what, above anything, is making me consider quitting the game. If they at least said something I could hold on a bit. 

Posted

Follow up: Whats worse about this, you have seen these threads for weeks--and they have not done a thing or even commented on them. I think that is what, above anything, is making me consider quitting the game. If they at least said something I could hold on a bit. 

This is exactly the problem: they tell us they'll pass the suggestions to the devs in Korea, but we have no feedback whatsoever. I hope World Bosses don't make any more players leave the game, because BDO has truly the potential of being the best MMO out there, they just need to fix their communication with players. I think yesterday's patch notes and Valencia annoucement were actually an improvement to their communication. Let's see if they keep it up and make more interviews about the future of the game.

Posted (edited)

4) CLASS BALANCE:
With the exception of Ranger and Sorceress, I think most classes in BDO are actually balanced. 

The main problem with Rangers is that they can spend hours soloing powerful groups of mobs like Sausans. My guild mate has +15 Ultimate equipment and spends hours soloing Sausans without dying. If he can solo groups of powerful mobs, imagine what he can do in PvP.

well i dont think sausan are so tough .> kill the ranged >knockdown little mob > avoid the two axe turning around and strike from the back, u can do it whit every class .

I don't think that will happen, since the entire game is about getting geared and levelled up for pvp.

This is hearsay. Jouska told us what happens when cheaters are caught. they are perma banned. But by all means jump on the misinformation train and spread your bollocks gloom and doom garbage.

But the -1% is useless and demotivate in PVP this is the first game after many years whit this stupid malus system and ofc the grind is already very boring itself . If a player whitout much time to play have to lost exp instead of gain he get pissed fast.

2) RNG:
Almost everything in this game is RNG: gear enchant, skill awakening, horse skills, horse breeding, HP/MP per level, dyes... I bought a Liverto one month ago, which is +12 at the moment. My guild mate, who spends a lot less time than me playing BDO and doesn't even have +10 gear, received 2 Livertos from guild bosses last week and already has a +15 Liverto. It took him 18 failstacks to get to +15. I spent around 35 failstacks to upgrade mine to +12. My friend spent 40 failstacks in his +8 Grunil Shoes and failed! This is just wrong and makes players rage. RNG in this game has led me to believe that you just need to be lucky to be slightly powerful. There is no sense of accomplishment when upgrading our equipment. Instead of "YES, +15 Liverto!" my reaction will probably be something like "About f****** time!".

This happen to me too i fail every enchant i try and alot of my guildmate already have pri-duo witch and liverto +15 done in one day...just for tell u a story i begin enchant a liverto+11 whit 15 stack and after 13 try it still +11 whit stack 28 also failed 5-6 time from +10 to +11...after this story i quit thath fuking stuff and bought a +15 yuria ....i think ther's rng based on player dont know how , player have much luck and drop-enchant more .

Edited by Jonnyyy

Posted (edited)

@@CM_Jouska any answer? about the 3 day ban?

Edited by ariga

Posted

How about less maintenance?  WTF!  Wake up early two days in a row to play and GAME DOWN!!

Posted

Implement all you said, and much more ppl will quit. We are playing game that we want, its good as it is in kr or jp, no need stupid changes for casuals. Theres "NO" from me, for every point.

Posted

That a nice list of suggestions. We''re not all hardcore player, a large amount of people is causal. Stop crying about that. Not everyone play all the day 

Posted (edited)

Implement all you said, and much more ppl will quit. We are playing game that we want, its good as it is in kr or jp, no need stupid changes for casuals. Theres "NO" from me, for every point.

I'm not giving suggestions to turn this game into a casual game. I'm making these suggestions because I think they would help solve many problems the current game has, whether or not you're an hardcore player. I only play 3 to 4 hours a day and I'm perfectly fine with my gear and money, but I would be happier if some problems like World Bosses could be fixed. There's no point in making the OP players even more OP, for example. And unlike what you said, I actually believe tons of players would come back if World Bosses were fixed.

Edited by Stellary

Posted

There will always be hardcore players of a game but no game will succeed without casual players as they are a majority now days. These are the people that used to be hardcore players but can no longer sustain that.  I wouldn't say i was ever hardcore but I used to put a good deal of time into MMORPGs. Now i have a job and very little time and am lucky if I can fit 2 hours in every other day. If it wasn't for the ability to AFK play this game I would be long gone with no chance to keep up.

I have played a good deal of MMORPGs for the past 20 years and can say I have seen what making the wrong choices can do to a games population and in my opinion the biggest thing they are whiffing on is progressing PvP content. They just keep slamming out the PvE content which the end result widens the gap between old players and new players even more. If they were wise they would have thrown in some additional PvP content to distract players and slow down their leveling. 

Posted

I'll make a few comments on your points.

1.  I made a post of my own about World Bosses in my own list of forum topics.  You can check out the full version there.

- I agree with doing said amount of damage as long as it's not a % amount.  It should be a low amount, where you can easily achieve even if you're a Tank build.  A lot of people will say 'But people just piggy back if the amount is small'.  People are going to piggy back no matter what.  Let them.  If the boss doesn't die, they get loot anyway.  The thing is, if you try to curb piggy backers, cause that's what the system seems to be trying to do at the moment, you screw over people who can't possibly survive the boss fight anyway.

2.  RNG exists...  and it won't go away and there is no way to make it better, regardless of what you try to do.  Beyond RNG being a money grab, it's a way to keep things going a little slower...  or going way to fast.  Luck.  That's all it is.  Yes, it sucks for some people, while others they're just like 'Meh, I got the luck of the irish.'.  RNG, to me, is only game breaking when real money is involved.  There is no real money on the line here for the RNG.  It's just game money.  I'm less pissed off when five million is tossed down the drain then when 10 bucks is thrown down the drain.  Thankfully, this game is not pay to win.  Even if some people think it is.

3.  ...I don't think Bots are really needed to be talked about in this topic.  It's a given, really.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0