• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How does armour durability affect costume appearance?

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I'm aware that the durability of the currently equipped armour will affect the appearance of your costumes if you're wearing any, but what I'm not clear on is whether or not it's the current max durability that affects it or if it's the percentage of durability left of whatever the max durability is.

So for example you have a piece of chest armour, brand new at 100/100 durability. It's obvious that the lower the durability the more damage there is on the equipped costume. However here's where I'm not sure...what if your chest armour is at 50/50 of 100 durability? In other words what if you enchanted your armour piece so much it now has a maximum durability of 50.

In this case does the costume display at the same amount of wear and tear as if it was 50/100 OR does it display the costume as if it is in pristine condition and would only show the same amount of damage if it was at 25/50 of 100 durability?

Hopefully that's not too confusing to follow but any help would be appreciated :)

Edited by Mizuki Nagano

Posted

Don't know for sure but i've had armor below 50/50 and it still looked good. think it's the % of the maximum durability as it goes down. Can't confirm anything :^)

Posted

Yes, same amount as 50/100 at 50/50[100]

Posted (edited)

Its based on the % of your current max durability as the dude above said :)
So if you have 25 max durability and have it fully repaired to 25, your costume will show perfectly flawlessly fine.

I lied. Crux is right. :P 

Edited by Montevidensis

Posted

The costume is influenced by the current durability, 50 durability will always look the same (slightly damaged), no matter if it's 50/50 [100] or 50/100.
Also if your Armor reached a maximum durability of 20 or lower it will always be in the "totally broken" state until you repair it to at least 21 durability.

Posted

The costume is influenced by the current durability, 50 durability will always look the same (slightly damaged), no matter if it's 50/50 [100] or 50/100.
Also if your Armor reached a maximum durability of 20 or lower it will always be in the "totally broken" state until you repair it to at least 21 durability.

Nooo I'm running at 25 dura on one of my characters atm and it is displayed fully repaired O.o
Or I really just didn't notice... will check it later :P 

Posted

Nooo I'm running at 25 dura on one of my characters atm and it is displayed fully repaired O.o
Or I really just didn't notice... will check it later :P 

Hm, when i had 70/70 i could see that my armor was already slighlty dirty and had scratchmarks from swords which it usually doesn't have.Then again maybe I remember it wrong.. I'm 100% sure about that thing with 20 Max. Durability though.

Posted (edited)

Sounds to me like it's based off of the percentage of durability that is left on the armour piece that will determine the associated costume piece's damage level. Thanks for the responses so far :)

Edited by Mizuki Nagano

Posted

Hm, when i had 70/70 i could see that my armor was already slighlty dirty and had scratchmarks from swords which it usually doesn't have.Then again maybe I remember it wrong.. I'm 100% sure about that thing with 20 Max. Durability though.

You're right, its dirty and all at 25/25 :P 
Cant believe I never noticed it given the amount of time I look at my characters kek

Posted

So I'm aware that the durability of the currently equipped armour will affect the appearance of your costumes if you're wearing any, but what I'm not clear on is whether or not it's the current max durability that affects it or if it's the percentage of durability left of whatever the max durability is.

So for example you have a piece of chest armour, brand new at 100/100 durability. It's obvious that the lower the durability the more damage there is on the equipped costume. However here's where I'm not sure...what if your chest armour is at 50/50 of 100 durability? In other words what if you enchanted your armour piece so much it now has a maximum durability of 50.

In this case does the costume display at the same amount of wear and tear as if it was 50/100 OR does it display the costume as if it is in pristine condition and would only show the same amount of damage if it was at 25/50 of 100 durability?

Hopefully that's not too confusing to follow but any help would be appreciated :)

As far as i can tell, the only one that effected appearance is the chest armour. 

Posted

You're right, its dirty and all at 25/25 :P 
Cant believe I never noticed it given the amount of time I look at my characters kek

Wait so does that mean that its actually based upon what the max durability is and not the percentage? Or perhaps that's how the armour normally looks in "pristine" condition?

Posted

Wait so does that mean that its actually based upon what the max durability is and not the percentage? Or perhaps that's how the armour normally looks in "pristine" condition?

it is based on curent condition, but if it has a max conditio that is lower than "perfect" it wil show gear degradation.

Posted

it is based on curent condition, but if it has a max conditio that is lower than "perfect" it wil show gear degradation.

So in other words the max durability is what determines the appearance of a costume's condition, is that what you're saying?

Posted

So in other words the max durability is what determines the appearance of a costume's condition, is that what you're saying?

no. im saying current durability. whatever that item happens to be at. 

example 1:   100/100 grunil chest makes costume look perfect
                      20/100 grunil makes it look bad

Example 2:  20/20 grunil makes it look bad
                     0/20 grunil makes it look bad

Posted

no. im saying current durability. whatever that item happens to be at. 

example 1:   100/100 grunil chest makes costume look perfect
                      20/100 grunil makes it look bad

Example 2:  20/20 grunil makes it look bad
                     0/20 grunil makes it look bad

Yeah that's just what I was confirming thanks for the help  :)